Please God Who Will Save My Children?????

Posted By: Wendy F

Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/02/03 11:56 AM

Since my dream of homeschooling was just yanked out from under me, I trust the Lord has a better plan. I am disappointed that my kids have to go to public school but both Howard and my other ex are forcing me to put the kids into public school rather than homeschool. No one seems to think I have the skills to homeschool I guess.

I am going to do something unusual here and literally beg for someone to put in the funding for my kids to all three attend the Seventh-day Adventist school here. I know this is not apropos and Daryl you can place this wherever you wish, but my heart is breaking really! I can't stand the thought of them being in public school and they are such brilliant children. I know, I KNOW, someone out there has the resources to fully fund these beautiful three children through private school. Will you not listen to the Saviour's call and step forward to please pave the way for the christian's of tomrrow. These are the children that will be preaching from the table tops and calling the world to come into the ark with us. Please! Someone out there see and hear the cries of a mother who is so heart broken she doesn't know where else to reach or turn. Please! Your money could not be better spent.It would only take a few people putting in funding together to pay the monthly bill for these kids. It would NOT be hard for some of the wealthier members of our church. Is this or is it not what Mrs.White told us we should be doing for our children. She said it was shameful that our children could not afford to attend and that the churches would not take them under their wing. We are to be caring for the widow and the fatherless. Well, that is these children and they cannot ask for themselves so I am respectfully asking for them. These are the children that you will be able to walk with in Heaven. PLEASE! DON'T LET ONE CHILD BE LOST!!!!

GOD HELP US ALL!
WENDY FORSYTH
P.O.BOX 284
PETE BECK RD.
QUILCENE,WA.
(360)765-0396

MRS. CAROL KLONTZ
CEDARBROOK SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST SCHOOL
(360)385-4610

=========================================
I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

===========================================

Looking back, [my wife] Jan and I have learned that the wilderness is part of the landscape of faith, and every bit as essential as the mountaintop. On the mountaintop we are overwhelmed by God's presence. In the wilderness we are overwhelmed by his absence. Both places should bring us to our knees; the one, in utter awe; the other, in utter dependence.

Dave Dravecky

==========================================

When you accept rather than fight your circumstances ---even though you don't understand them --- you open your heart's gate to God's love, peace, joy and contentment.

Amy Carmichael

========================================

God always answers us in the deeps, never in the shallows of our soul.

Amy Carmichael

============================================

The disappointment has come...not because God desires to hurt you or make you miserable or to demoralize you or ruin your life or keep you from ever knowing happiness...He wants you to be perfect and complete in every aspect, lacking nothing...It's not the easy times that make you more like Jesus, but the hard times.

Kay Arthur

=========================================

Adversity is not simply a tool. It is God's most effective tool for the advancement of our spiritual lives. The circumstances and events that we see as setbacks are oftentimes the very things that launch us into periods of intense spiritual growth. Once we begin to understand this, and accept it as a spiritual fact of life, adversity becomes easier to bear.

Charles Stanley

===========================================

God may be in the process of pruning something out of your life at this very moment. If this is the case, don't fight it. Instead, welcome it, for His pruning will make you more fruitful and bring greater glory to the Father.

Rick Yohn

[ September 09, 2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Wendy ]

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/02/03 02:26 PM

You know, I thought about it and even 100 people at $5 a month could put my kids through school for the year. That is all it would take. Can someone spare a latte? Or maybe pick up one less pizza a week or something, so that a few beautiful children of God right here in our own country can stay close to his word?It isn't much. Will you help today? Please?
God bless you all,
Wendy
Posted By: Bonnie

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/02/03 05:53 PM

Wendy,

Please contact me. I would like your permission to forward your post on.
It would be a slim chance but there maybe someone that could help. Espeially if thers are willing to as well.

Bonnie
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 06:03 AM

And, Wendy, there are times when it is appropriate to ask for financial assistance here, and this is one of those times. It is always appropriate to lend a helping hand in times of need, and I consider this a time of need.

If you open up a PayPal Account and advertise the link here, I am certain you will receive some responses in this forum. Also, if you asked for the same help in the other SDA type forums that are out here in cyberspace, I am quite certain that you will also receive some responses there.

As far as responses goes, without giving us any names, please keep us up to date right here in this topic on how things are going here.

Forum members:
This is a chance to let your light shine in a tangible way.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 06:20 AM

Based on what has been happening with Wendy over the past several months, I can personally vouch to the authenticity of Wendy's plea for help in a time of extreme need.
Posted By: Joe Knapp

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 06:40 AM

In our church we have a worthy student fund for cases like this. It seems to work better because people get to know the children.
Posted By: Justin

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/02/03 07:40 PM

Wendy,

Would your spouse or ex-spouse not mind placing your kids in the church school? It wasn't very clear from your post? Are you going to enroll your kids in the school you've listed?

Would you e-mail me or send me a private message? I want to help.

Keep your faith, sister.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/02/03 08:00 PM

I was Instant Chatting with Wendy this morning.

According to Wendy, the problem isn't whether or not they will let them go to Church School, but instead it is the financial aspect of sending them to church school.
Posted By: J. R. Layman

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/02/03 10:23 PM

Windy

re:"This school even kicked my kids out when Howard had just been injured because we couldn't pay."

WHY would anyone wish to send their kids to a school where anyone was so CRUEL as to have previously treated them in this fashion?

I don't know how public schools were back in EGW's day, perhaps they were bad, and the only recorse was to have "church schools." But I do KNOW how "Church Schools" were in my day. And the CRUELTY doesn't seem to have changed much.

Both of my children have been educated in Public Schools (admittedly we have an OUTSTANDING system here locally). While "church schools" are SUPPOSE to be "Christian", my personal experience was that they simply weren't (grade school through academy!) In all my supposedly "Christian" education, I can only recall one teacher who inspired me, challenged me, taught me, AND WHO REALLY SHOWED A CHRISTIAN SPIRIT IN HIS LIFE! The rest were simply DROSS, who simply couldn't have cut it in a public school situation. In my experience 48 years ago in "Church Schools," they were overcrowded, underfunded, and had INADEQUATE and UNQUALIFIED TEACHERS.

I could not be more pleased with the OUTSTANDING CHRISTIAN teachers of whom have been my childrens teachers in PUBLIC SCHOOLS. And I'll also tell you that the ETHICS and MORALITY of the pubic school teachers FAR EXCEED my experience of the "teachers" I had in Adventist Schools!

FWIW, I ALMOST considered sending my daughter to the academy I graduated from in Colorado. Unfortunately the principal who tried to convince me to send my daughter there, HAD to resign, due to inappropriate behavior with a young female student! Around here, if a Public School teacher engages in "inappropriate behavior" with a student, they go to JAIL, and don't simply have to resign, where they then can obtain a "Redemptive Transfer" and usually go to yet another Adventist "Church School" where they continue to again engage in "inappropriate behavior." Which WAS the case of that principal in Colorado I referred too!

I realize that my opinion won’t be accepted as popular around here. But Baptist, Lutherans, Nazarenes and a host of other “Fundamentalist” send their children to “Public Schools” with complete success in keeping their youth with-in their denominations. Our friend Bonny here, has met my 16 y/o daughter…and can attest that she is a very nice young lady who has not been CONTAMINATED by attending Public Schools. Likewise my 22 y/o son, another product of PUBLIC SCHOOLS, doesn’t drink, smoke, do drugs, attends College and pays his full way. Has a very beautiful fiancé and is a virgin……PUBLIC SCHOOLS didn’t ruin him either.

Frankly you should thank your stars that you can’t get your kids into “Church School.” They probably will be far better off!

[ September 02, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: J. R. Layman ]
Posted By: Bonnie

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 12:58 AM

Wendy,
My suggestion you contact me was based on my knowing a family that has made it their particular mission field to help what they consider at risk youth. Primarily this has been the high school level where they think the risk is the greatest for SDA young people.

While my boys attended both public and church school, they did equally well in both.

We did not have the options there are today. There are many fine private christian schools available now, teaching christian principals, without forcing specific doctrinal issues, and far more reasonably priced than ours.
SDA schools are not always the best or the only answer and others have a much better track record of helping worthy students than we do.

I agree with J.R on the specific school you referenced. If kicking your children out in the circumstances you were in, is part of their christianity, I don't believe I would be to thrilled about that particular one.

And yes, Missy is an exceptional young lady.

Bonnie
Posted By: StanMcCluskey

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 01:12 AM

From my observations, it's a great risk NOT sending children to an Adventist school; although home-schooling has now become a good option.

But of the families I know who choose public school for their children, very vew of the kids remained church members.

Adventist school is certainly no guarantee, but it helps. But the Christian home life is of primary importance in any situation. Kids understand financial problems, and parents prayers that God will help them to remain faithful, even in public school.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 01:54 AM

Stan:

I agree, the MOST important aspect of any children’s life, and the direction they take in their spiritual journey, IS the HOME.

OTOH, when only,LESS THEN 50% of Adventist Youth Stick around AFTER "Church School." The RECORD of "Church Schools" is not too encouraging!

It is interesting to note TODAY, another SCANDAL of "our schools" is occurring. This time in Helsinki Finland..

following this link!

"http://www.helsinki-hs.net/news.asp?id=20030902IE8,HELSINGIN SANOMAT"
Home - Tuesday 2.9.2003
Police investigate suspected child sexual abuse at Adventist Church boarding school

Do you want me to tell you about the Academy principal who attempted to seduce a friend of mine? Do you want me to tell you about the next academy principal at that same school, who seduced a very attractive young lady? Do you want me to tell you about the spinster English teacher at another Academy who had a special "Friendship" with an academy boy?

Do you wish to hear about the principal last year of the academy I graduated from 35 years ago, who had to RESIGN. the only problem it WASN'T the FIRST time he had had to resign for have inappropriate relationships with female students!!!

As I said previously, in PUBLIC SCHOOLS these PERVERTS and MOLESTERS of Adventist youth, would go to JAIL!!!! Does the fact they are "Seventh Day Adventist" and teachers of our youth, make them less of a CRIMINAL.....so they can get the old "Redemptive Transfer" and do it someplace else?

Actually I'm very SAD, that dear Wendy feels that her children will be "Lost" if she doesn't get them into that "Church School" this year. Doesn't she realize that her dear three little children are JUST AS AWARE AS SHE IS, as to how CRUEL that school was to her and her husband last year?

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 04:33 AM

JR, I certainly understand the problems you present; but anyone with direct experience in such terrible events will react subjectively, and is therefore less qualified to give an objective evaluation.

I believe the following EGW comment on Christ's parable in Matthew 22:1-14 is worth considering. The gathering brings in to the church "BOTH BAD AND GOOD", but the SEPARATION is to be done by the ANGELS, except in extreme circumstances:
quote:
Those in the byways and hedges came in response to the call of the messenger. The servants gathered together as many as they found, both bad and good, and the wedding was furnished with guests. So those who come to the gospel feast are a mixed company. Some are true believers; others have not on the wedding garment. Some will accept the invitation, and apparently take their stand as believers, who have never put on Christ. But the work of separation is not given to any human being. Yet there is laid upon the church the work of carrying out the Bible rule in regard to disorderly members." RH 5/8/1900.
With this in mind, we should not be surprised to learn that "LESS THEN 50% of Adventist Youth Stick around AFTER 'Church School.'" But I'm sure that is MUCH higher than the number who "stick around" after going to public school.

I will never support criminal acts by anyone in our schools. Such people need to be properly prosecuted. And I will never be satisfied with inferior instructors, materials, or facilities in our schools. But I will continue to support SDA schools as superior to public schools.

Our children went to SDA schools through college and beyond. And yes, many of their teachers were poorly qualified.

We are grateful for the continuing Christian dedication of our children. But I do credit much of that to their good mother and a Christian home, with regular family worship and active involvement in church, plus a very active life in outdoor things kids enjoy - such as camping, skiing, water activities, mountain climbing, and even our farming hobby (which, they say, motivated them to go through college in order to get away from the hard work. Then they laugh).

Two of our 4 children now send their kids (14 of them) to SDA schools, and two do home schooling (one includes many mission trips). I see benefits both ways. But I am so very thankful that their education has a Christian focus.
Posted By: Justin

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 05:15 AM

Stan,

Thanks for the affirmation. I am 100% with you. When we see the present problems in our Christian education (there certainly are many problems), we tend to look for the educational model of this world according to its standard. We need to avoid this tendency, and rather look for the educational model given by Ellen White. There are a few schools (self-supporting ones) out there.

For my son's academy education, I have checked several institutions (both denominational and self-supporting) and finally settled with a self-supporting one in Arkansas - Ouachita Hills Academy. It is a non-accredited school with about 40 students (who mostly come from the home-school background). My son is now a junior and he is very happy with the school, the staff and his wholesome friends. I am not saying it was easy for him. Having been a city boy and never worked in any significant manual works (farm & carpentery, etc), he has been struggling in varying degrees for the past two years. But the struggle was with himself, never about the school, the academic programs or the people (teachers and students) there. In fact, his suportive friends (especially those in upper classes) and teachers were the reason he really wanted to stick around despite his difficulties of adjustment. I've seen a lot of growth in him (both spiritual and intellectual) and he was baptized this past May by his dean after making really meaningful personal decision.

The world (and even many of our church members)may be derisive toward this kind of educational model (despite the obvious counsel of EGW), but this is the one given to us by God and it is still working - even more so.

I don't buy the claim of our church school's inferior quiality compared to the public school. I have another son (11 years old) attending a local K-8 church school run by our conference. I've compared their Iowa test result with those of public schools around here. I don't see any notable difference.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 05:23 AM

Stan:

re:".......I will never be satisfied with inferior instructors, materials, or facilities in our schools. ................. And yes, many of their teachers were poorly qualified."

You don't see a dichotomy there in your own words?

My problem is not with your beliefs....obviously YOU provided an excellent HOME environment for your children. My PROBLEM is with BOTH my EXPERIENCES of 12 years of my own "Adventist/Church School" education, AND my observations, biased as you may believe them to be.

For example, There was a pastor here, who I clearly felt was perhaps the worst "pastor" it had ever been my experience to observe. OK, I'm VERY opinionated and let him know, that IMO, he WAS an "embarrassment" to the profession
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

A couple of years later, after he retired from here, his wife, who WAS the sole teacher here. (whom at one time, had actually taken it upon herself to discuss MY RELATIONSHIP to the church with 5 or 6 elementary school students IN CLASS). Was by then a teacher at John Nevens Andrews Elementary school in Berrien Springs. There she had developed a reputation for zeroing in on one student a year and making his life miserable! (and don't blame me, I only found all this out AFTER the fact)

Mind you, this is 1800 miles from where I live. And my 4th grade nephew happened to be in her class. Now WHY would any adult, much less a "Christian", much less a "church School" teacher take it upon herself to both terrorize one student and ALSO make the statements such as ...."Your just like your uncle down in Texas!" Sheeeesh, I only met the poor kid 3 times in my life! (Unfortunately he passed away at age 15),.

Now my point is, that THAT WOMAN had no business teaching to any children, much less being in a "Church School." Taking out her petty anger on a 4th grader no less.

While I may be a horses rump, and she may have had grounds to consider me so. THAT certainly does NOT entitle her as both a pastors wife and a church school teacher to malign me publicly to young children! Whither I'm "Biased" or not....ANY OBJECTIVE PERSON would agree with me! When the problems where brought before the leadership of JNA school.....the principal offered to "pray" with my sister-in-law. INSTEAD OF TAKING ANY ACTION, as the old woman was approaching retirement!

Needless to say, my nephews didn't continue on in "Church School" And if any teacher had acted so UNETHICAL around here in a Public School, they would have FAST been looking for a job in another profession!

My point isn't about my own prejudices or biases. From Wendy's own initial post, it is clear that she has been "Programmed" as an Adventist to believe that ONLY if she sacrifices and forces herself to send her 3 children to "Church School" can they be "Saved" or not "LOST." What a CORRUPT and dangerous way of thinking.....Frankly I don’t believe that she will find ANYTHING in the Holy SCRIPTURE that would lead her to come to believe this way. Where did she come up with this belief?

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 07:59 AM

JR no really. The school board are the ones who asked the kids to leave. The teacher/principal is the kindest/best teacher you could ever hope to have teach your children. She is one of the most Godly women I've ever met and she is why I want my kids taught there. Not, because of the SDA school. But because of the christian influence and that she truly cares about them and loves them and knows them better than anyone else in the area. So don't go messing that up. I do want them in that school and for all the right reasons and I don't want them in the public school because in this small school all the kids learn how to do is smoke, drink, and destroy other people's property. Okay?

Bonnie,
Of course you may have my permission to post any of this anywhere. Also my email address is weewolfpack@yahoo.com and my home address is p.o.box 284 Quilcene,Wa.98376 . I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Daryl,

How would I set up a Paypal account here? I can certainly provide people with tax-deductible receipts for helping the kids that would prove that any money that they donate will go directly to help the kids through school. I can assure you it will not go anywhere else but there. Please, Anyone. If God is touching your heart to help in this respect, please listen. God bless you now.

Wendy, Jacob(10), Matthew(9),Ashley(5)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 08:13 AM

BE.1893-09-01.001
Jesus knows the burden of every mother's heart. He is her best friend in every emergency. His everlasting arms support the God-fearing, faithful mother. That Saviour, who, when upon earth, had a mother that struggled with poverty and privation, having many anxious cares and perplexities in rearing her children, sympathizes with every Christian mother in her labours, and hears her earnest prayers. That Saviour who went a long journey for the purpose of relieving the anxious heart of a Canaanite woman whose daughter was possessed by a devil, will do as much for the afflicted mother of to-day, in blessing her children, as he did for the supplicant in that case. [Pray or Praying or Prayer]

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 08:45 AM

JR,

You know perfectly well that you quoted my words out of context in an apparent effort to distort my meaning.

I very strongly resent that! It is not becoming of a Christian on this Forum. And I do believe you to be a Christian. Your apology is in order here; and I forgive you in advance, for I will not again be looking at this thread.

Stan

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 10:35 AM

Wendy, sounds like you have a champion there in that teacher. Too bad the school board are such chumps.

Stan: I simply took two phrases from seperate paragraphs....... to show YOU the dicotomy between your two statements. look up the meaning of dicotomy, ok? There was nothing personal nor out of context, intended.

The complete quoted paragraphs are as follow:

"I will never support criminal acts by anyone in our schools. Such people need to be properly prosecuted. And I will never be satisfied with inferior instructors, materials, or facilities in our schools. But I will continue to support SDA schools as superior to public schools.

Our children went to SDA schools through college and beyond. And yes, many of their teachers were poorly qualified."

If YOU can't see the problem with your own statements......Shrug.....there's not much I can say to you!

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 04:01 PM

Wendy,

Here is the URL to PayPal which I think is self-explanatory.

http://www.paypal.com

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/03/03 07:56 PM

Thank you for that lovely quote David.

Thanks for the link Daryl. [Smile]

God bless you all,
Wendy [Heart]

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/05/03 05:21 AM

Wendy,

The sooner you can get your PayPal account up and running, the sooner you can start receiving $$$$ regarding sending your children to church school.

Let me know here when it is up and running.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/05/03 09:45 AM

Okay it is up and running. For anyone who would like to donate to the church school fund, they may send the money to Paypal to my address of weewolfpack@yahoo.com and I will be able to pay it from there directly to the school. I will be able to keep running transactions through Paypal so that each person can have a receipt of the donation for their records. Thank you in advance to all who have been led by the Lord to donate to this fund or who may be inspired in the future. You are truly a blessing to us and to the Lord.

God bless you all,
Wendy and family [Heart]
Posted By: Edward N Elmendorf II M.D.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/07/03 12:42 AM

Be very careful in expecting receipts for donations to a specific student or family and hoping the US Internal Revenue Service will accept this as a deductible charitable contribution.

A church may set up a "Worthy Student Fund" and direct where the money goes. Then contributions to this fund may be deductible for IRS purposes, in my opinion.

This in no way is meant to discourage contributions to these worthy students, but the IRS looks with disfavor on direct contributions to specific individuals for their benefit, being used as a charitable deduction.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/07/03 01:05 AM

It is my understanding that the tax laws regarding donations to specific individuals, or students as in Wendy's case, are also the same in Canada, therefore, I don't think charitable tax-deductible receipts will be forthcoming.

I hope this will not have a negative impact when it comes to financially responding to Wendy's great need.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/07/03 06:11 AM

Well I don't understand the tax laws, I just wanted to make sure that people knew they could have receipts showing that the money would for sure be going to the school and not be used for my own personal use. If people want, they could donate to the Brinnon Seventh day Adventist Church Worthy Student fund if that is a way to have a charitable deduction if it matters, but like I said I don't understand any of these things. Thanks to all for your understanding and help.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/08/03 01:43 AM

Wendy,

If the donation intended fo your children is sent to the church, then in order for you to benefit, you would need to apply for assistance through their Worthy Student Fund, however, this doesn't mean that your children would receive the full benefit of these donations unless your children were the only children being considered by them.

Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about receiving a tax deductible receipt for my particular donation. Being in Canada, I probably wouldn't even be able to use it.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/08/03 08:52 AM

Hi all,

One person has made a one time pledge that will allow me to register the kids praise the Lord! Now if 100 forum members will pledge just $5 a month for 10 months, that will pay the kids tuition throughout the school year. Or 10 forum members at $50. That is all it takes. It isn't much when you look at it is it? Thank you all for your help and your contributions. I'll keep a list here of the donations as they come in because sometimes people think that perhaps everyone else is doing it so maybe I don't need to or maybe it wouldn't make a difference. But it does. It makes all the difference in the world.

God bless you all!
Wendy and family [Heart]

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/09/03 10:20 AM

Hi all! [Smile]

I just wanted to share the story of some very happy children today. [Big Grin]

I surprised the kids today by taking them to Cedarbrook to register them for school today. You should have seen the looks on their faces! Pure joy! They were so very excited! And Mrs.Klontz cried! She said that she's been trying to sell her house and if she had sold it, the first thing she was going to do was to pay for all three kids tuition. She is such a wonderful, christian lady. Everyone was so happy to see them that they didn't even ask for money today, or ask them to fill out paperwork. [Wink] They just said "we need desks, let's get you set up!". *grin* So that is what we did. Jacob, the oldest, said that it felt so right to be there. That at the public school, even for just that week, he felt so wrong. Like something evil was hanging over him and that he was in a bad place. Now he feels good and he feels like he's in a good place. They are very perceptive kids. They want me to thank everyone who has or who may contribute in the future towards the school fund. You are doing more good than you can possibly imagine. It wonderful that God still has a people out there who's hearts are not so hardened that they cannot hear the call of His children in need.

God bless you all!
Wendy [Heart] [Pray or Praying or Prayer]

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/09/03 10:33 AM

By the way, I was mistaken about the total tuition cost for the kids. It will be $685 a month for all three of them to attend. That is alot of money I know, but the Lord will most surely provide. I am resting in His wings.

God bless you all,
Wendy and family [Pray or Praying or Prayer]

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/10/03 12:08 AM

MRS. CAROL KLONTZ
CEDARBROOK SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST SCHOOL
461 Kennedy Road
Port Hadlock, Washington
(360)385-4610

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/10/03 05:23 PM

Wendy,

I am so very, very happy to hear the good news! [Smile]

And, yes, I believe the Lord will provide! [Smile]

All we need to do is to [Pray or Praying or Prayer] believing that He will meet this obvious need, for He [Heart] us very, very much! [Smile]

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/16/03 02:36 PM

Please Lord hear my prayer this morning. You have blessed us with allowing the children to register. This is a tremendous outpouring of your love for your children Lord. You know what a huge wall of need we are yet faced with. Lord. You know that yesterday, my welfare check was cancelled in my part and the money placed with a payee. Please Lord I trust that you will guide this lady's eye's and hands and that you will guide how she reports back to the state. I trust that she will not report that this large expense of a christian education is a waste in the eyes of the state. Please Lord, I would also ask that now that the kids are in school and I am able to work, that if it be your will Lord, that you will either help me to find a job, support myself at at home, or finish my education. Or any number of other things you may have planned for me that I cannot imagine. I thank you Lord that you have all of this in your control and I pray that you will help me to trust in you and to rest in that knowledge.

For Christ's Sake,
Wendy
Posted By: Edward F Sutton

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/16/03 05:46 PM

Wendy,
You mentioned education. E-mail me about the time & money needed to finish that.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/20/03 08:51 PM

Any further updates yet, Wendy?

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/21/03 10:09 AM

No I'm sorry Daryl. I haven't received any donations besides the initial $500. But that's okay. Everything will happen in God's own time. Even if only one donation comes in every month, everything will be okay. God knows what is best and if I have to give my entire welfare check to keep them in the school, I will do it. I don't have any needs that are more important than my children's salvation. Hope you are well also. [Smile]

God bless,
Wendy

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/21/03 05:41 PM

Wendy,

Does a donation via PayPal using weewolfpack@yahoo.com as the email address go directly to you, or to somebody else?

On second thought, as long as we know that it WILL benefit your children, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/21/03 09:18 PM

Hi Daryl,

It is opened in Howard's name because I don't have a checking account. But the money all goes directly to me and the kids. Thanks very much! [Smile] Pennies from Heaven when you wake up in the morning and you didn't know the pennies were going to be there are such a blessing. [Smile] What a joy to be cared for by the Lord. I don't think people realize what a difference in mental state and encouragement their donations make. It truly brightens our day. God bless you all.

Wendy, Howard, and Kids

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/22/03 04:20 PM

For those of you wishing to make a donation using PayPal, the link is:

http://www.paypal.com

When you arrive there you simply click on the Send Money link and follow the direction given there. Again, the email address to use is weewolfpack@yahoo.com
Posted By: Laurie Mosher

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/23/03 10:22 PM

Daer wendy!
I'm not" the sharpest knife in the drawer" when it comes to computers...(I can't figure how that PayPal system works) SO....if you will send your mailing address to me, via sealedwithgod@yahoo.com , perhaps there'll be a little extra for the kiddies.
Love ya, and praying for you too!
Laurie

P.S> I only get online about once per week, so don't be shocked if you don't hear from me online for abit.
The CAP site where I usually go online, is out of commission. Right now am at the Community Library which closes in 30 minutes....kinda dampens ones time.
Posted By: Laurie Mosher

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/23/03 10:30 PM

Hello " JR
Long time no see...I guess I kinda chuckled at first, then was sad to learn of your experience in SDA private school system. I reckon I was the one who benefited from the Church school the most. My years (11)of attending Public School resulted in missing all, and I MEAN ALL of the extracurricular activities....being the only SDA in the whole school resulted in a lot of scoffing, and yes persecution. I was never so happy to get out of that mess in my life...While there may be some not so pleasant church schools, I can tell you that the Public School System isn't all it's cracked up to be either. I attended 4 different Public schools, and if I had children, there wouln't be any difficulty picking my choice....Church schools hands down!!
Laurie

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/26/03 05:14 PM

Any more news, Wendy?

I hope you noticed Laurie's post here, and are also receiving responses by email, etc.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 09/26/03 10:40 PM

Laurie's got me going through a box of tissue. sniffle. I was just blessed with a baby nephew so God is blessing me left and right. I have family and friends everywhere!

Love you all too!
Wendy

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 10/22/03 04:07 AM

Wendy,

A month has almost gone by since your last post here, therefore, I am wondering how things are going?

I hope some are using the PayPal option.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? - 10/24/03 04:06 AM

Well, just one person Daryl. But God is answering prayers in other ways. The tuition was reduced by moving to the other Adventist school in the area (I know, I hated moving the kids again!) from $685 a month to $150 a month, so that took care of a huge chunk of the problem right there! The kids love the school and it takes the burden off of everyone just about.

Things are going well. I'm just very tired alot because it's an hour each way to drive them to school. I don't get on the internet much at all. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. [Wink]

God bless you all,
Wendy
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church