What Was Your Christmas Day Like?

Posted By: Daryl

What Was Your Christmas Day Like? - 12/26/07 06:04 PM

What was our Christmas day like?

We had a lovely Christmas Day from Christmas Eve to Christmas Night inclusive. \:\)

We went to a Community Christmas Eve service where two of us from the SDA Church sang in the choir and another SDA, our Head Elder, shared an appropriate reading from the Bible. On Christmas Day itself we went to a Nursing Home where we visited with two of the residences, that are both related to my wife, and had Christmas Dinner with them in the Dining Room. There were two other family members visiting there with us. After that, we had a quiet afternoon and evening at home.

What was your Christmas Day like?
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: What Was Your Christmas Day Like? - 12/26/07 09:32 PM

Well, I started off the morning surfing some of the best waves I've ever surfed in Southern California (not too bad for a boy from Colorado). Then we shared a fellowship meal with friends and family. We spoke of the nearness of Jesus' return. Next we opened gifts and sang Christmas songs. We thrilled in the sweet presence of the Holy Spirit.
Posted By: Johann

Re: What Was Your Christmas Day Like? - 12/26/07 09:47 PM

In many parts of Europe we start Christmas on Christmas eve. Most churches have a worship service late afternoon and many people go to the grave of a loved one where they light a candle, have a prayer of gratitude for the memory, looking forward to the resurrection when Jesus returns.

In our local church we had our service at 4:30 PM, singing a number of Christmas carols, a vocal solo by a young lady, a violin solo by a young girl who also had the scripture reading from Luke 2. I was asked to have the sermon. The children present were given a small lighted candle. At this service we have more people present than at most other worship services during the year.

After the service the family gathers for Christmas dinner at home. Not until after the meal do we open the presents by the tree. We had many useful things like clothing, and books. Ida and I received five books, including an excellent vegetarian cookbook with new impulses for our meals during the coming year.

Our Christmas begins before yours in the Western Hemisphere, and it is not finished yet, since we also have a second day of Christmas.

On Christmas day we had a power failure caused by a snowstorm. The darkness lasted but half an hour while we enjoyed the candlight.

This year we experienced a white Christmas in this part of Iceland. It does not happen too often.

Re: What Was Your Christmas Day Like? - 12/29/07 11:43 PM

It's interesting to see how others spent their time during Christmas.

Are there others who would like to share their Christmas experience?

Re: What Was Your Christmas Day Like? - 01/05/08 02:15 PM

I merged Shilara's question and the subsequent replies into the other already existing topic located at the following link:

http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=94291&fpart=1
Posted By: watchbird

Re: What Was Your Christmas Day Like? - 01/05/08 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Daryl Fawcett
I merged Shilara's question and the subsequent replies into the other already existing topic located at the following link:

http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=94273&fpart=1

This link does not work.

Re: What Was Your Christmas Day Like? - 01/05/08 02:36 PM

It doesn't?

Let me try it out and get back to you here.

Re: What Was Your Christmas Day Like? - 01/05/08 02:39 PM

Try this one, which I will also edit in my earlier post:

http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=94291&fpart=1
Posted By: Servant

Re: What Was Your Christmas Day Like? - 01/06/08 08:32 AM

I skied with my family...
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church