So why did the Jewish people reject Christ?

Posted By: teresaq

So why did the Jewish people reject Christ? - 07/07/09 12:53 AM

i capped for you all, aint you proud of me? :)guess i can continue at least here.

What were the Jewish people looking for? What were they expecting in a messiah?

Re: So why did the Jewish people reject Christ? - 07/07/09 12:57 AM

Why do they still reject Him?
Posted By: liane

Re: So why did the Jewish people reject Christ? - 07/07/09 01:31 AM

It is not anywhere perfect but in His earthly time they were looking for a king and missed the carpenter. Today they accept the carpenter and are fearful of the King.

Only a few saw Him for who He was did not understand and the same is true today.

Sister White and I am paraphrasing this pointed out the reason for the Spirit of Prophecy was because of the gross misunderstanding of the Scriptures and looking to man for understanding of the Word instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to work on their heart and mind and teach them truth.

We recall the apostles had the same problem even while Jesus walked with with them and not until the breath of the Holy Spirit did the light shine upon them with truth and knowledge and power.

I believe this is true today and will be true when the Latter Rain and Loud Cry comes forth.

Re: So why did the Jewish people reject Christ? - 07/07/09 02:24 AM

Quote:
Today they accept the carpenter and are fearful of the King.
do you find that true of the vast majority or of a few?

i mean what is the general view of non-sda christians? what are they looking for?

Re: So why did the Jewish people reject Christ? - 07/07/09 02:26 AM

thanks for answering! smile i think you and i can be friends if i can tame my "strooooong" nature. you seem like a very amiable person.
Posted By: liane

Re: So why did the Jewish people reject Christ? - 07/07/09 03:09 AM

Hi Teresa:

I am so deep within Seventh-day Adventist Church that I know very little of what is going on with the other denominations. Having said that though I think the times are causing a lot of people to think about their beliefs and what life is about.

I did read an article a few years ago that stated that most people today are not staying with their family traditions of faith and church, but are doing ground work searching for what they hope is something better. Kind of reminds me of the 60's.

I like to think that the Holy Spirit is working with extra power these days reaching people because they are becoming more open to a new understanding of God and leaving the traditions of their parents and families.

They well could end up back in the same church or faith, but may come to a new and better understanding compared to their family and traditions.

I have friends outside the Seventh-day Adventist church that have what I call a so-so religion and relationship with God. The once saved always save belief leaves many with a passive view of God and no desire for growth or knowing God deeper or better.

They rarely open their Bible and read only those things they think they understand, but even those Scriptures are covered with the view of men that they have listened to.

One has to really desire to know God to allow the Holy Spirit to work in their lives. Self seems to always get in the way. I know before my medical issues I was seeing a great change happening in our church and the people in my lives around me.

Since my medical issues which started last September the growth to be at peace with Him and myself has helped me to be more responsive to the voice of the Holy Spirit.

I try to take things simple these days and then build on from that simple look at His words. First what is He saying to me and how do I apply it to my life and then what do I see and how to share it with others.

Re: So why did the Jewish people reject Christ? - 07/07/09 04:48 AM

I
Quote:
am so deep within Seventh-day Adventist Church that I know very little of what is going on with the other denominations.

this is an extremist group but i believe it will be a growing one, but it is based on the non-sda understanding of endtimes, for starters.
http://www.christianzionism.org/

“Christ will come back with a sword on his side. And, he will come back as the ultimate judge of the world. We’re going to be behind him with, I believe, swords in our hands and we’re going to be his army. And, this battle…the blood from this battle will be as high as a horse’s bridle. It’s just something mankind has never witnessed before.” Laura Bagg

Quote:
The once saved always save belief leaves many with a passive view of God and no desire for growth or knowing God deeper or better.
i havent found this to be always true. i have non-sda friends who do believe in the once-saved but many are serious about becoming Christlike and and also do serious bible studies. they have asked me many questions as to my views on something they have been studying.

but i believe as you find out what non-sdas believe concerning the coming of Christ you will find they are not looking for a "carpenter". they are looking for the same "god" the jews are still looking for. one that will conquer his enemies.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church