Saskatchewan: New Emergency Powers

Posted By: ProdigalOne

Saskatchewan: New Emergency Powers - 10/05/21 12:12 AM

What are your thoughts concerning the Province of Saskatchewan Minister?s Order released on September 13 2021 that grants the government sweeping emergency powers?

https://yl9wj1huk5pejen62zybt2w8-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/MO-Sep-13.pdf
Posted By: kland

Re: Saskatchewan: New Emergency Powers - 10/05/21 09:27 PM

Someone should have put a stop to it in 1994!

Not sure why they needed to have all those items. Anything covered at "n".
(n) do all acts and take all proceedings that are reasonably necessary to meet the emergency.

"a" is supportive of it.
(a) put into operation any emergency plan or program that the minister considers appropriate;

Look at "l.1" - must have been added.
(l.1) cause information to be collected, used or disclosed...

"cause" = "force"?

Is impeachment an option in Saskatchewan?
Posted By: Will

Re: Saskatchewan: New Emergency Powers - 10/05/21 09:37 PM

I wonder what this nebulous "emergency" is, its very vague. Obviously we all know the intent, once the higher ups get a taste of that power and are drunk off of it, there's no stopping it.
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: Saskatchewan: New Emergency Powers - 10/06/21 12:41 PM

Once this covid emergency morphs into a climate emergency, those who disagree with the Sunday Green Law will find themselves the target of such "{emergency measures".

Re: Saskatchewan: New Emergency Powers - 10/08/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Will
I wonder what this nebulous "emergency" is, its very vague.
The way I understood it, anything they say is. They have a right to determine it.

Re: Saskatchewan: New Emergency Powers - 10/08/21 03:09 PM

"An GBHS administrator did not answer her question directly, but instead passed the buck to the provincial government and stated they do not have ?oversight or input? regarding consent mechanisms presented to patients."

"Sims reacted sharply to Kilian and said, "Nobody is forcing you to do this, you have a right to say no, but the reality is the government has the right to say that you're not employed."

I'm thinking there's money involved. These hospital administrators need to come clean, be honest. Of course, they might lose their hospital. To risk lawsuits, class action lawsuits, to harm those employees and doctors who have been faithful for years, there is some serious money or other coercion involved.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church