Why Is It so Quiet Here?

Posted By: ProdigalOne

Why Is It so Quiet Here? - 04/18/22 07:34 AM

According to the visit counter, at this moment there are 7 registered members and 479 guests on this site.
Why are so few people posting and commenting?
Posted By: dedication

Re: Why Is It so Quiet Here? - 04/20/22 12:36 AM

Maybe because people DO see the end is near and feel a need to improve their connection with God and speak with people on a more personal level. All this technology can be rather dehumanizing.
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: Why Is It so Quiet Here? - 04/21/22 05:14 AM

Yes, technology can be quite impersonal. I can definitely understand that priorities are changing as we transition into the time of trouble. Unfortunately, for those of us who do not have the opportunity to meet face to face because we are geographically isolated from other Adventists, this site is one of the few places we are able to interact on any meaningful level with fellow believers. I often wonder what my brothers and sisters are doing during this time when prophecy is fulfilling at such a dizzying pace. The stress of seeing the signs of the times appearing in rapid succession drives me ever closer to God. Still, sometimes I feel so alone in this dark night.
Posted By: dedication

Re: Why Is It so Quiet Here? - 05/19/22 06:29 PM

There are many churches sharing their services through "Zoom" are "Groups" on the internet. While not as good as literal meeting with people, still once one finds a group or congregation they feel is honestly sharing truth, there is a personal exchange of ideas, hope, beliefs, etc. while actually seeing each other and talking with each other on the screen.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Why Is It so Quiet Here? - 05/20/22 09:42 PM

We use Zoom for our weekly District Prayer Meeting, as well as Sabbath School for those who are still not comfortable on account of Covid.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church