400 scientists skeptical of Darwin

Posted By: John H.

400 scientists skeptical of Darwin - 07/21/05 11:49 PM

quote:
More than 400 scientists from all disciplines have signed onto a growing list of skeptics of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life, according to the Seattle-based Discovery Institute.

"Darwin's theory of evolution is the great white elephant of contemporary thought," said David Berlinski, a mathematician and philosopher of science with Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture, or CSC. "It is large, almost completely useless, and the object of superstitious awe."

The Discovery Institute, a leading proponent of Intelligent Design, first published its Statement of Dissent from Darwin in 2001.

The think tank challenged statements made in the PBS "Evolution" series, which claimed that no scientists disagreed with Darwinian evolution. . . .

Two prominent Russian biologists from Moscow State University, Lev V. Beloussov and Vladimir L. Voeikov, are recent signers. . . .

Other prominent biologists who have signed the list include evolutionary biologist and textbook author Stanley Salthe; Richard von Sternberg, an evolutionary biologist at the Smithsonian Institution and the National Institutes of Health's National Center for Biotechnology Information; and Giuseppe Sermonti, Editor of Rivista di Biologia/Biology Forum.

The list also includes scientists from Princeton, Cornell, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Ohio State University, Purdue and the University of Washington.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45377

"Science falsely so called" keeps changing, God's Word stays ever the same.

Edit - original press release from Discovery Institute is here .

[ July 23, 2005, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: John H. ]
Posted By: Davros

Re: 400 scientists skeptical of Darwin - 07/23/05 04:57 AM

This makes me think of some things that Kent Hovind has said. If eveolution/natura selection made difernt kinds of animals, why do monkeys still produce monekys? Why do no moneky's have any humans?
Posted By: Ikan

Re: 400 scientists skeptical of Darwin - 07/23/05 06:01 AM

Well...this is a good bit of news...Thanks, John.
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: 400 scientists skeptical of Darwin - 07/23/05 06:33 AM

Rejecting pieces of Darwinian evolution is better than accepting all of it. Satan's ultimate goal is to get all the world wondering after the beast, that is, Catholicism. Which is not all bad. The further people move away from atheism, and the closer they get to Christianity, the better off, at least theoretically, they are. The devil is sure to lose a few to God as he more closely counterfeits the Remnant, a risk he is more than willing to take. Eventually all the world will be divided into two camps - each one claiming to be the Remnant of God's Church. No more Atheists or Evolutionists.
Posted By: Jan

Re: 400 scientists skeptical of Darwin - 07/23/05 01:50 PM

It is good news for sure - perhaps that's why we never see anything like this in the mainstream press - they don't like good news! Sadly, even though many evolution adherents know there are serious flaws in the evolution theory, they work hard to keep them from being exposed, and continue to strongly push for evolution to be taught in schools at the exclusion of Creation.
Posted By: Avalee

Re: 400 scientists skeptical of Darwin - 07/23/05 02:50 PM

Yes very good news. I know a few people I hope to share this with who believe in all that stuff. Thanks John for posting this.

Re: 400 scientists skeptical of Darwin - 07/24/05 02:16 AM

I just went looking for the Discovery Institute's actual "Dissent from Darwinism" statement, with names of the signees included, and the most recent one (updated July 2005) is at

http://www.discovery.org/scripts/viewDB/filesDB-download.php?command=download&id=443

(67 Kb Adobe Reader .pdf file)

It has 405 names, if I counted right.

The original press release from the Discovery Institute is here.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: 400 scientists skeptical of Darwin - 07/24/05 03:06 AM

I wonder if Robert Gentry's name is on that list?

If you remember my post in the other topic here, he has scientific evidence that proves an instant creation as shown in the following link:

http://www.halos.com

Re: 400 scientists skeptical of Darwin - 07/24/05 03:35 AM

Not at present he's not. I wonder who can get their name on the list, what kinds of parameters the Discovery Institute has for being included. A local SDA friend is a Ph.D. molecular biology researcher at the med school; I wonder about him submitting his name.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church