HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What has been taken away from us, in this pandemic.. #192524
06/13/20 09:33 AM
06/13/20 09:33 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I was going over the email our former church sent and noticed this one item....

"7. No Sabbath School, Potlucks or Communion until further notice"

What does that take away from us....

Re: What has been taken away from us, in this pandemic.. [Re: Rick H] #192525
06/13/20 10:33 AM
06/13/20 10:33 AM
N
NSPete  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

Site Supporter 2020 Regular Member
Nova Scotia
I heard somewhere that they didn't want people singing either as that could spread the virus easier. I think the sermon could be easily turned into a Sabbath school type meeting if the pastor would be willing to do so. Let every one comment on what is being presented. Give the topic during the week so people could prepare for what was going to be presented. The pastor could present his sermon and then ask for comments. Who is going to police these things anyway? Are church service limits to a certain length too? Work around the restrictions.

Re: What has been taken away from us, in this pandemic.. [Re: Rick H] #192531
06/13/20 11:28 AM
06/13/20 11:28 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Not that I like the song, but there was a silly ditty that expressed a more resistant attitude than we seem to see anymore that had a line in it like this . . .

"And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack! (Ouch!)"

I guess no one must be singing that song anymore. They're just letting the devil close down their worship services on the pretense that it will "protect" them.

Protect from what? Sorry, folks, but I would far rather jeopardize my temporal life than my eternal life. Give me COVID, but don't take away my worship of Jesus!

And if you don't like it, throw me to the fiery furnace; but know this, I cannot bow to the authority of any earthly king or government when it means denying my God.

Those who worship a beast (earthly kingdom), take the mark (stamp) of the beast. To worship is to respect, to follow, and to obey.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What has been taken away from us, in this pandemic.. [Re: Rick H] #192533
06/13/20 11:48 AM
06/13/20 11:48 AM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
So you can't worship the Lord online? Do you tell Him that when you pray? " Lord, there is just me, so I can't pray or worship." It's the two or more thing, right. I pray by myself at night. Does God not listen because I'm by myself?

There are tons of you tube videos, sermons, Sabbath classes everywhere on Zoom--you have tons of resources. Pick a topic during the week, and go after it on Sabbath.

This is a time to learn more about God.

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Re: What has been taken away from us, in this pandemic.. [Re: Theophilus] #192534
06/13/20 12:06 PM
06/13/20 12:06 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted by Theophilus
This is a time to learn more about God.

...and what He says.

Originally Posted by The Holy Bible
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. (Hebrews 10:25)

Maybe we should review the meaning of that keyword.

Originally Posted by Dictionary
assembly |əˈsemblē|
noun ( pl. assemblies )
1 a group of people gathered together in one place for a common purpose: an assembly of scholars and poets.
? a group of people elected to make laws or decisions for a particular country or region, esp. the lower legislative house in some US states: the Connecticut General Assembly.
2 the action of gathering together as a group for a common purpose: a decree guaranteeing freedom of assembly.
? a regular gathering of the teachers and students of a school: catcalling occurred during the assembly.
? (usu. the assembly )chiefly historical a signal for troops to assemble, given by drum or bugle.

Why should Americans be upset about losing the right to freedom of assembly if assembly no longer means what it always has meant? I guess the "new normal" is supposed to change the definitions, right? So, since the definition changed, God's command must have changed, and assembly can now mean staying isolated in quarantine with social distancing, right?

Tell me, how does one greet the brethren with a "holy kiss" via Zoom? Oh, I suppose that is now reduced to mere "lip service" as well--blow us all away with that blown kiss.

But I digress.

The fact is, Satan is all about changing definitions. The Bible says we'd come to the point where evil is called good and good is called evil. That's already been happening for awhile; yet the agenda continues.

The water is getting warmer. Why does it seem I'm the only frog wanting to jump out?

I truly hope it's not too late to just now be wanting to learn more about God. There's more required than mere knowing: one's habits and doing must be in order. Only those who keep God's commandments will have right to the tree of life.

Selah,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What has been taken away from us, in this pandemic.. [Re: Rick H] #192536
06/13/20 12:30 PM
06/13/20 12:30 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
Wow! Boy howdy! laugh

It will not always be the case that we can assemble ourselves together. What are you doing with your time? Spend it with God!! I need to do this too!

Let God work out the Covid thing.

"Prov. 3 Verses 5 to 6. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

If you had the faith you speak of, you wouldn't be complaining.

Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Re: What has been taken away from us, in this pandemic.. [Re: NSPete] #192538
06/13/20 12:46 PM
06/13/20 12:46 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by NSPete
I heard somewhere that they didn't want people singing either as that could spread the virus easier. I think the sermon could be easily turned into a Sabbath school type meeting if the pastor would be willing to do so. Let every one comment on what is being presented. Give the topic during the week so people could prepare for what was going to be presented. The pastor could present his sermon and then ask for comments. Who is going to police these things anyway? Are church service limits to a certain length too? Work around the restrictions.

Yes, thank you for bringing that up. We were also told there will be no songbooks or singing as allows more distance for virus to spread, and no passing of offering will have someplace to drop in, and no children till someone decides from conference, service/sermons restricted in time or length..

The conference got our pastor and the others and laid down the law, and let them know they were the ones who would enforce it. But I can see its beyond their control, so either few will risk having church or little or no control, just let everyone do what they want.

Last edited by Rick H; 06/13/20 12:48 PM.
Re: What has been taken away from us, in this pandemic.. [Re: Green Cochoa] #192541
06/13/20 12:55 PM
06/13/20 12:55 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by Green Cochoa
Not that I like the song, but there was a silly ditty that expressed a more resistant attitude than we seem to see anymore that had a line in it like this . . .

"And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack! (Ouch!)"

I guess no one must be singing that song anymore. They're just letting the devil close down their worship services on the pretense that it will "protect" them.

Protect from what? Sorry, folks, but I would far rather jeopardize my temporal life than my eternal life. Give me COVID, but don't take away my worship of Jesus!

And if you don't like it, throw me to the fiery furnace; but know this, I cannot bow to the authority of any earthly king or government when it means denying my God.

Those who worship a beast (earthly kingdom), take the mark (stamp) of the beast. To worship is to respect, to follow, and to obey.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

I cant say what the conversation was in our church board, but I pushed to reopen in a safe manner, but without all those restrictions and the consensus was to go in that direction. But it seems conference has come in and turned that on its head, and we now find ourselves in a 'Red Sea moment' waiting for God to show us the way.

Last edited by Rick H; 06/13/20 12:55 PM.
Re: What has been taken away from us, in this pandemic.. [Re: Green Cochoa] #192550
06/14/20 09:44 PM
06/14/20 09:44 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by Green Cochoa
I cannot bow to the authority of any earthly king or government when it means denying my God.

Is it the government or the church conference saying no Sabbath school?

Re: What has been taken away from us, in this pandemic.. [Re: Rick H] #192551
06/14/20 09:47 PM
06/14/20 09:47 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by Rick H
But it seems conference has come in and turned that on its head, and we now find ourselves in a 'Red Sea moment' waiting for God to show us the way.
Do they have the authority to do that? I find they don't really care when a struggling church is trying to do something, just whatever you want to do. Kind of independent. So now, do they have authority or not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!