HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,844 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: TruthinTypes] #195510
02/26/23 08:55 PM
02/26/23 08:55 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Thanks for trying to explain. You may want to start a different thread entitled "The Three Steps" or something similar as there are just too many points and texts linked together to think through which for me, at least at this point, don't seem to fit together in their actual context, even though points made seem interesting. For people to discuss and figure out your context it kind of needs it's own thread. To ask the questions and comment on the different points and texts raised would over ride the purpose of this thread which is simply trying to see just what Zechariah is actually saying.

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195515
02/27/23 05:59 PM
02/27/23 05:59 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Zechariah 1:8-17
FIRST VISION

1:8 I saw by night and behold a man (Jesus Christ)
riding on a red horse (He is suffering with His people, many of whom were slain, and He Himself will one day be slain to redeem mankind), [/color]
and it stood among the myrtle trees in the hollow (lovely evergreen trees, representing beautiful promises, that will not fail)
and behind him were horses (His people)
red, (some would suffer martyrdom)
sorrel, (some would suffer trials)
and white (purified by the power of Christ).

1:9 I said, My lord, what are these? So the angel who talked with me said to me. I will show you what they are.
1:10 And the man
(Jesus) who stood among the myrtle trees (all the precious promises of God) and answered and said,
These are the ones whom the LORD has sent
(sent out to share the message of salvation) to walk to and fro throughout the earth (to the whole world).
1:11 So they (the different colored horses, God?s people) answered the Angel of the LORD (Jesus), who stood among the myrtle trees (the promises of God), and said, We have walked to and fro throughout the earth and behold all the earth is resting quietly. (There is peace. In the year Zechariah began his ministry, Persia had subdued rebellion in the nations around, and for a brief time there was peace. A respite to allow for the work in Jerusalem to progress)
1:12 Then the Angel (a heavenly messenger of the LORD ) answered and said, "O LORD of hosts (Jesus is the LORD of hosts) how long will You not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which You were angry these seventy years. (The captivity, as predicted by the prophet Jeremiah, had lasted seventy years, due to their sinfulness. Now they were seeking to rebuild but things weren't going well. Is God still angry with them? How long before they can find favor with God again?)

1:13 And the LORD (Jesus) answered the angel who talked to me, with good and comforting words. (Jesus gave the angel a comforting message to give Zechariah, to share with the people)
1:14 So the angel who spoke with me said to me. Proclaim saying, Thus says the LORD of hosts. "I am zealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with great zeal. (Jesus is VERY anxious to re-establish and prosper Jerusalem)
1:15 I am exceedingly angry with the nations at ease. )Jesus is angry with the cruelty of the nations, just because they are at ease, does not mean He is excusing them) For I was a little angry (with Jerusalem). And they (the nations that plagued Jerusalem) helped (that is carried out punishment), but with evil intent ( they did it with motives to glorify and enrich themselves, not to please God).
1:16 Thus says the LORD I am returning to Jerusalem with mercy, My house shall be built in it. (Wonderful promise! Jerusalem will be re-established) And a surveyor's line shall be stretched out over Jerusalem (The measuring of the city was an assurance that He would fulfill to them the promises of His everlasting covenant, yet that covenant has conditions. The measuring rod also has the connotation of measuring, or checking/investigating, to see if the building project is coming along as planned.

:17 Again proclaim saying, "Thus says the LORD of hosts, My cities shall again spread out through prosperity. The LORD will again comfort Zion, and will again choose Jerusalem.

This was the plan. Once re-established in 457 BC, Jerusalem was given 490 years (as prophesied by Daniel in Daniel 9) to prepare to meet the Messiah, God had big plans for them. Jerusalem as the center of the earth could have been fulfilled. God's people failed to meet the conditions, and didn't accept the Messiah Who would free them from sin. Instead they wanted freedom from the Romans.
But the promise contained here, will be fulfilled when the New Jerusalem will be the home of the saved at the end of the millennium. The question now, is, will we be there, cleansed, wearing the white robe of righteousness.

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195516
02/27/23 06:57 PM
02/27/23 06:57 PM
T
TruthinTypes  Offline
Posting New Member
Alaska
Thanks for the advice, will try and figure that out.. : )

I was afraid that I might be getting off track, but was just wanting to make the point that Zechariah should be studied with Haggai, as it was the two of them together that caused the Jews to resume building the temple. I have done this in my own study, and have been blessed. It helps to set the context, as does also Ezra and Nehemiah.

As for your study, here are several quotes that I have gleaned through the years that have been a help to me in my study of Haggai and Zechariah. I will only quote the pertinent part, but will give the references so you can look them up if you so choose.

Zechariah's vision of Joshua and the Angel applies with peculiar force to the experience of God's people in the closing up of the great day of atonement. The remnant church will be brought into great trial and distress. Those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus will feel the ire of the dragon and his hosts. 5T472.2

I entreat of you to read the third and fourth chapters of Zechariah. If these chapters are understood, if they are received, a work will be done for those who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness, a work that means to the church: "Go forward and upward." 6T 296.1

This great roll, twenty cubits in length and ten cubits in breadth was the measurement of the porch of Solomon's temple. In this roll is written the name of the wrongdoer unless he repents of his wrong. The Lord's eye is upon every transaction, and His judgment will come upon those who do wrong. The ninth chapter of Ezekiel should be studied in connection with Ezekiel 2:1-10, and the fifth chapter of Revelation. Lt142-1899.9 She is referencing Zechariah 5:1-4

Just two months after Haggai's last recorded message was delivered, Zechariah had a most encouraging series of visions regarding the work of God in the earth. These messages, written out in the first six chapters of the book of Zechariah, were given in the form of parables and symbols. They came at a time of great uncertainty and anxiety, when it seemed as if the permission granted the Jews to rebuild was to be withdrawn. The future appeared very dark. RH Dec. 26, 1907.7

It has been shown me that the experience recorded in the third chapter of Zechariah is now being acted over, and will continue to be while men, making profession of cleanness, refuse to humble the heart and confess their sins. Lt360-1906.11

The work of which the prophet Zechariah writes is a type of the spiritual restoration to be wrought for Israel before the end of time. Lt42-1912.5 She is referencing Zechariah 8:9-13,7, 8

A flash of light will come to all lost souls. They will see clearly the mystery of godliness, which during their lifetime they despised and hated. And the fallen angels, endowed with higher intelligence than man, will realize what they have done in using their powers to lead human beings to choose deception and falsehood. All who have united with the deceiver, all who have learned his ways and practiced his deceptions, must perish with him. The Lord Jesus looks pityingly upon them and says, "Depart." At that time Zechariah, chapters 3 and 4, will be understood. Ms37-1900.10

In tender compassion, the Lord wrought in a marked manner to save his chosen people from utter spiritual ruin. The prophets Haggai and Zechariah were raised up to meet the crisis. In stirring testimonies these appointed messengers of God revealed to the people the cause of their troubles. Their lack of temporal prosperity was the result of their neglect to consider God's interests first. By honoring God and by showing him due respect and courtesy, through the building of his house, they would have invited his presence and blessing... This history will be repeated. RH, December 5, 1907 par. 10, 14

My attention has been called to the last books of the Old Testament. I was directed to bid the people of God take heed how they hear and what they do. These Scriptures make special reference to the last days, when Bible history will be unfolded. There are brought to our notice those who are not walking in the way of the Lord, but are following deceptive leadings. From the Word, we are to learn the will of God, for the guidance of our own course of action in these last days. Let your minds take in the subject. Read and consider and be instructed. Ms116-1897.1

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: TruthinTypes] #195518
02/28/23 02:39 PM
02/28/23 02:39 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by TruthinTypes
I'm afraid that the list of those texts did not come out like I hoped they would. I laid them out as a chart, showing the work of each angel and the work of each apartment of the sanctuary.
Not sure how to do that here.

If you know how to do HTML, you should be able to have it show the way you want it to show, but you will need to choose the HTML and UBB Code option in your post, which you can now do as I enabled you to choose that option.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195527
03/02/23 04:45 PM
03/02/23 04:45 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Great quotes on the importance of studying this book, especially the two middle parables dealing with the cleansing of Joshua, and empowerment of Zerubbabel to move forward with the work by the Holy Spirit. Will need to study them to see in what context to Zechariah they apply.

We do need to look at those eight parables one by one as to:
1. What would they mean to Israel at the time given? This gives a foundation we need to understand.
2. What are the principles they convey?
3. And lastly, how do they apply to us today?

What I see in the first vision is that Christ is:
1. He is zealous to restore and uplift His people. (To rebuild Jerusalem with its temple, and once again make it His capital)
2. He is standing among the Myrtle Trees (all His blessed promises)
3. He is giving time to Israel (490 years) to work with Him (be His mighty horses) to bring in a glorious literal kingdom that would shine God's mercy out to the whole world.
4. There is a measuring line, to measure the success.
5. From history, we realize it failed to materialize in those 490 years, but it will be completed in the future, with the New Jerusalem. Thus in a dual application it relates to the last generation, but no longer as an earthly city Jerusalem (as long as there is sin in the world that will fail) but the heavenly Jerusalem.
6. Questions that arise? Even though Jerusalem and it's temple was rebuilt why did they fail, why was it destroyed again? How, in spite of human weakness, will the promises finally be fulfilled in the heavenly Jerusalem?

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195529
03/03/23 12:13 AM
03/03/23 12:13 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
ZECHARIAH 1:18-21
SECOND VISION
Four Horns, Four Carpenters

Again we need to unscramble the symbols.
In the first vision, we saw Jesus, the Lord of hosts, surrounded by the evergreen myrtle trees, symbolizing all God's promises, and the red, sorrel and white horses symbolizing Christ?s army of human followers (teachers, evangelists, and faithful witnesses). Christ is eager/zealous to re-establish Jerusalem and fulfill the promises.

Now we see FOUR HORNS
1:18 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns.
1:19 And I said unto the angel that talked with me, What [be] these? And he answered me, These [are] the horns which have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem.

"have scattered" is written in Piel Perfect tense, which describes an intensive action, usually in the past but can also be in the present.
This to me, would suggest the first meaning of these horns, as it pertains to the problem Zechariah and his people were facing, would point to the opposing powers (nations) that had scattered them and were ruining their attempts at rebuilding.
Israel and Judah had been scattered by Assyria and Babylon, and were being plagued by the people already living near Jerusalem, who were doing everything they could to stop their re-establishment.

THERE ARE FOUR CRAFTSMEN
1:20 And the LORD showed me four carpenters.
1:21 Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These [are] the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up [their] horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.
These four craftsmen (the blacksmiths/carpenters) [are/have] come to [fray/terrify] the horns, (Judah?s enemies],
to cast out (throw down, cut off] the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah (which have/seek, to overpowered, scattered, terrorized) to scatter it (its' people].

So, now we see the purpose of the craftsmen. In this vision, they are coming to terrify the horns. Those horns that had been such a terror to Judah ? to God?s people ? they themselves were going to experience terror.
So in the time of Judah it would seem these four craftsmen could be
Cyrus (highly spoken of in the scripture as God's man) who cast out the Babylonians and set the captives free! Then there were three other Persian kings--

Darius I came to the rescue after the Samaritans had persuaded the false Smerdis to issue a decree that building the temple must stop and the Samaritans felt emboldened to greatly damage what had been started. Darius searched the archives and found Cyrus' decree and told those Samaritans not only to stop bothering the Jews, but to supply them materials to build. The temple was rebuilt during Darius time.

Xerxes I (Ahasuerus of the book of Esther) thanks to Queen Esther was able to counter the decree of Haman, a decree sent all over the Persian empire, to exterminate all the Jews. Xerxes had Haman and his cohorts hanged, gave Haman's position to a Jew, then issued a counter decree that the Jews should defend themselves. Thus the Jews were saved.

Artaxerxes in 457 BC gave Ezra the decree that gave Jerusalem self governing power (in the Persian Empire) Also, sent Nehemiah to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem in 444.
Again Israel was being plagued by the Samaritans both by opposition to their rebuilding and then by infiltration causing them to depart from God's ways. The arrival of Ezra and Nehemiah helped set them back on track and Jerusalem was finally re-established.

In spite of seemingly unmountable problems Jerusalem (by the grace of God) was re-established!
They were now set to embark on their 490 years of preparing for the coming of the Messiah!

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195540
03/07/23 12:27 AM
03/07/23 12:27 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted by dedication

5. From history, we realize (the glorious picture presented in the first parable) failed to materialize in those 490 years, but it will be completed in the future, with the New Jerusalem. Thus in a dual application it relates to the last generation, but no longer as an earthly city Jerusalem (as long as there is sin in the world that will fail) but the heavenly Jerusalem.
6. Questions that arise? Even though Jerusalem and it's temple was rebuilt why did they fail, why was it destroyed again? How, in spite of human weakness, will the promises finally be fulfilled in the heavenly Jerusalem?

The lessons of history are vital to an understanding of our contemporary situation. Those who refuse to learn from the past will repeat the mistakes of their ancestors. In His Word, the Lord has recorded the history of His chosen people because He wants us to succeed where they failed.

Interestingly, Zechariah was telling the returned Jews, that very thing.
The Jewish nation shouldn't have even been in a position where they had to rebuild their city and temple. It should never have even come to this point, where their city lay in ruins, the temple demolished and the people scattered into exile.
Their present condition was the result of serious failure of their forefathers.

So Zechariah is telling these people
"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn unto me, and I will turn unto you, saith the Lord of hosts, be ye not as you fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; turn now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings; and they did not hear, nor hearkened unto me, saith the Lord. Your fathers, where are they and the prophets, do they live for ever But my words and my statutes which I commanded my servants the prophets, did they not take hold of your fathers and they returned and said, Just like the LORD of hosts thought to do unto us, according to our ways; and according to our doings, so has He dealt with us. Zech. 1:3-6

Zechariah is telling them, the disasters that destroyed the grand temple of Solomon and devastated their city, were not arbitrarily inflicted. God had told them and shown them again and again where the right way was, and where the wrong way was leading, there was "cause and effect". Had they given God their full allegiances and heart worship, following His commandments, they would have been greatly blessed. But if they went after other gods, disregarded God's commandments and accepted the ways of the heathen, God could not give them the blessings, instead they would suffer from their enemies around them.

Which is exactly what happened. Jerusalem and it's temple were destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar's armies. But now in Zechariah's time, the Jewish people were back, God had opened the way for them to come back, and God gave them 490 years to prepare for the coming of the Messiah. He was promising that all the prophecies could be fulfilled if they remembered why their forefathers failed, and if they returned (not just to the land) but into full covenant relationship with God.

The sin of their fathers doomed the nation to exile, and Zechariah warned the people to remember that the same could happen again to them.

And at the end of the 490 years -- we find a sad ending for the nation that did not learn. Once again their city was destroyed and their temple was in utter ruins.
These people weren't what we usually consider "bad people" but they lacked the vital connection with the One Who alone could save and change them.

Now we are standing on the very edge of eternity. The conditions of the world are over ripe, it won't be long now. Are we looking for "that city that has foundations, whose builder and maker is God". (Heb. 11:10}

Yes, God was showing Zechariah the steps to success! We do need to find them, not just in theological terms, but more importantly in our own relationship with our Creator.

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195541
03/07/23 01:39 AM
03/07/23 01:39 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
THIRD VISION
Measuring Rod
Zechariah 2:1-6

1 Then I looked up, and there before me was a man with a measuring line in his hand.
2 I asked, "Where are you going?" He answered me, "To measure Jerusalem, to find out how wide and how long it is."
3 While the angel who was speaking to me was leaving, another angel came to meet him
4 and said to him: "Run, tell that young man, 'Jerusalem will be a city without walls because of the great number of people and animals in it.
5 And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,' declares the Lord, 'and I will be its glory within.'

It is important to measure before, and while one builds. That way everything fits.
True measure is exceedingly important as anyone who has tried to build a house knows.

God had given commandment for Jerusalem to be rebuilt, and the measuring of the city was a symbol that He would give comfort and strength to His afflicted ones. A measuring in scripture, suggests that the object to be measured is now complete, thus the prophecy promises completion. His protecting care, they were assured, would be like ?a wall of fire round about.? Our Heavenly Father, does not leave His faithful builders to struggle alone! What comfort and hope there are in his promises!

During the time of Zechariah, Jerusalem had a rather small population, and the people's ideas of the future were small. Thus we see an angel challenging the first measuring of the city, saying it will become far bigger than the present size. God's plans for Jerusalem were that He would dwell with the people and the city would far overflow it's present location. But no matter how much God wants to dwell with people and make them a holy and prosperous nation, it is of no avail if the people don't want Him to dwell with them. God will not force Himself on them.

Zechariah's third vision predicted future greatness for Israel, which they would achieve by the power of God, IF they would fully return to God and allow HIM to build their nation according to HIS measurements! They were to be a light of truth to the world, and reach out far beyond it's old walls.

Of course if there is a lot of material in the building that has the wrong measurements, the building will be defective. Thus in the end, it's not the physical city primarily that needs to be measured, but the people, the citizens of the city. If they are faithful, the city and it's temple will be a place of holy worship. If they are unfaithful, the buildings are polluted as well and doomed to destruction.

In Letters and Manuscripts Volume 4, Ms 62
His measure is the very law of God. He puts His law into the least of men's acts and dealings, that learning and living it, they may be elevated, ennobled, and sanctified in heart and affection. To be faithful in the least, even in the mere wheat measure. They shall live and rule among the greatest, to be entrusted with the divine cause, to take the power and grace brought to them through Jesus Christ and by the will of God and thus build up a character after the divine model, preparing for the glory to be revealed.
To love God supremely and his neighbor as himself is the whole duty of man. The spiritual measure is God's measure of the man. Elevated and ennobled through divine grace, he is a true man; but these true men are not appreciated by men unenlightened by the Spirit of God, because men have made false signs, false values and standards, and have let them stand in place of God. God sent a man with a measuring line in his hand to measure Jerusalem in the sight of His delegated prophet....
We do now most need to see persons whose characters and works measure life and things by the exact measurement of God. A righteous life in honest, faithful dealings makes the whole righteous stature and structure.

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195558
03/13/23 06:20 AM
03/13/23 06:20 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The sixth and seventh visions have so many connecting thoughts with the third vision, I'd like to look at them briefly.

SIXTH
5:1 Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll.
5:2 And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.
5:3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off [as] on that side according to it.
5:4 I will bring it forth, saith the LORD of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

In the third vision we saw a man with a measuring rod. The building was going on, and the man with the measuring rod was setting the standard high --
In this sixth vision, we see there were a lot of things in the building that were NOT up to standard.

Twenty cubits long and 10 cubits wide, were temple measurements.
The temple porch was 20 cubits by 10 cubits (1 kings 6:3)
Many believe the Holy Place was 20 cubits by 10 cubits, the Most Holy being 10 cubits by 10 cubits (15 ft by 15 ft) which would just fit the two large cherubim guarding the ark in Solomon's temple. (see 1 Kings 6:23-27)
The flying scroll is symbolic of God's law -- the two tablets of stone with God's law written upon them. The two "sins" mentioned each represent one of the two tablets; swearing falsely by God's name, breaking the commitment to love and honor God, and thieving, breaking commitment to love our neighbor. The commandments were normally kept in the ark of the covenant, so in the vision that scroll would have come flying out from under the cherubim's watch care, thus it would no longer be under the mercy seat!.

This makes me think of the day of atonement, when the people were to seek cleansing from all their sins, they were to afflict their souls, repent of all their sins.
The priest went into the Most Holy Place with the blood of the innocent goat, and when He was finished with making the atonement, he would come out. Everyone who had not sought cleansing by confessing and repenting their sins, and relying on the slain sacrifice for forgiveness. Were cut off, cast out.

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195562
03/14/23 05:24 PM
03/14/23 05:24 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Going back to the third vision we begin to see more parallels between this third vision and sixth and seventh vision.
Many see the sixth and seventh vision as one as they both seem to parallel the third vision.

The sixth vision addresses the need to have all our sins forgiven before probation closes, for the law demands the death of all transgressors who are not covered by the blood of the sacrifice. The seventh sends the sins back upon Babylon. Illustrating the role of the scape goat. (but we'll discuss that a bit later)

First lets look at the rest of the third vision. We already talked about man with the measuring line, and the plan to make Jerusalem great among the nations. That was their mission for the 490 years. But we can also apply that to God's people today. They are now to be the light, reflecting Jesus to the world.

The second part of the third vision sounds very much like the second angel's message!

Zech 2:6 Ho, ho, [listen and come forth], and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.
2:7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest [with] the daughter of Babylon.
2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory has he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that touches you touches the apple of his eye.
2:9 For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.
2:10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.
2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Compare

Rev. 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, ...
18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

1. Many of God's people are in Babylon. They are scattered.
2. The urgent call to get out of Babylon, for Babylon is to be punished. Escape the plagues coming upon her, escape her sins.
3. God punishes those who abused His people (the apple of His eye) . Rewards them as they "rewarded" you.
4.The nations were following Babylon.
5. In both cases, God's people are to be empowered to share the truth of God., before calamity strikes the nations.
Everyone will be brought to decision. Establishing their citizenship in either Babylon or the New Jerusalem, God's kingdom, through Jesus Christ. In Zechariah's day they were called to old Jerusalem, but that city is not eternal, we are called to the heavenly Jerusalem, the eternal city of God.

18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!