HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195570
03/19/23 01:43 PM
03/19/23 01:43 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
ZECHARIAH 2:1-11
Review of the third vision bringing the pieces together more.

Zechariah 2:1-6
Then I looked up, and there before me was a man with a measuring line in his hand.
(God's standard)

2 I asked, "Where are you going?" He answered me, "To measure Jerusalem,
(the citizen's of God's city) to find out how wide and how long it is."(The size of this little newly re-established kingdom)

3 While the angel
(with the measuring line) who was speaking to me was leaving, another messenger (who appears to be Jesus, Himself) came to meet him

4 and said to him: "Run, tell that young man, 'Jerusalem will be a city without walls
(without boundaries limiting it's size) because of the great number of people and animals in it. (though seemingly very small now, God's plan was for it to be exceedingly great)

5 And I myself
(Jesus Himself) will be a wall of fire around it,' declares the Lord, 'and I will be its glory within. (God's plan was to be present within, to dwell with them, and this would enable it to be a holy, prosperous, thriving in goodness and grace, safe kingdom. As long as the people glorified and honored Him, worshipping Him, His glory would be within, for God does not force His presence upon anyone.)

6 Ho, ho,
(listen and come forth), and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: (leave the Babylonian countries) for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, (God's people had been exiled and scattered in these heathen countries) saith the LORD.

2:7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.
(Come out of Babylon, my people that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. Rev. 18:4-5)

2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory has he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: (By scattering His people, God's truth had been carried by faithful one's to these nations, His glory had been sent and heard by these nations, but they had abused His people, though allowed to take them as captives had far exceeding in their mistreatment of them)
for he that touches you touches the apple of his eye.
2:9 For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.
{God's people are very precious to Him, God will vindicate them, and punish the transgressions of the oppressors)
2:10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.
(Rejoice in the Lord, oh my people, and again I say rejoice, God desires to dwell with His people, and fill them with goodness, happiness, and truth/ What a glorious reason for rejoicing!)

2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: {The nations around will see and want to be part of this good and glorious kingdom, God's kingdom is to grow because people see it's goodness and long for God's grace) and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee. {Yet this could only happen if they allowed the LORD to dwell in their midst as their Savior and lord.)

As a physical kingdom Judah failed to surrender self to the refining and uplifting grace of God, and when Jesus Himself came "He came unto his own, and his own received him not. John 1:11.

Christ had come to earth to reveal the principles of the kingdom of heaven. His character as Saviour and Life-giver was demonstrated in His life, in His teachings, in His miracles, at that point they could still have accepted Him and followed Him as their Lord and Savior, but in their pride the Jews as a nation rejected the One who was life and offering them salvation. How different it would have been had the priests and rulers accepted Him. They wanted a physical kingdom of greatness, but Christ's kingdom was one of character and grace, and the power of the Holy Spirit to reveal the righteousness of God to the nations.

Not all of Israel rejected Christ. There was a remnant that not only fully accepted and believed on Him, but also went forth into all the known world as witnesses of His true kingdom, thus the Christian church was born. But the Christian church in the following decades and centuries, in a large measure followed the failures of the Israelites, and Revelation reveals that only a remnant accept God's commandments and testimony of Jesus and follow the Lamb where ever He leads. These don't look to old Jerusalem, but like Abraham look for the heavenly city whose builder and maker is God.

(Heb. 11:10 &16) By faith Abraham.... looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker [is] God. .... Now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he has prepared for them a city.

Galatians 4:25-26 For this... Jerusalem which now is, is in bondage with her children.
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

And we seek to have written upon our foreheads the ID of the heavenly Kingdom:

Rev. 3:12 "I will write upon him, the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Today, we need to respond to Jesus, who will develop the qualities of His kingdom in our lives, as we surrender to Him; in preparation for the day when he will take us to the glorious kingdom of New Jerusalem.

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195640
04/09/23 06:38 PM
04/09/23 06:38 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
ZECHARIAH 5:5-11
Woman in an Ephah

5:5 Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said to me, Lift up now your eyes, and see what is this that you see going forth.
5:6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goes forth.

An ephah was a common measurement basket or barrel. It is filling up with sin.
In Matt. 23:32 Jesus warns the Pharisees and Scribes who reject and plot to kill messagers of righteousness, that they are filling up the measure of their father, and facing damnation.
He said moreover, This [is] their resemblance through all the earth.
This is what it looks like all through the land, this wickedness filling up the ephah. God?s eye observes how they fill the ephah with sin in their time of probation, filling up their measure of wrath for the day of judgment.
5:7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: A heavy lid was over the opening of the ephah. Guilt is upon the sinner as a weight of lead, confined, bound. and this [is] a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah . A woman, is symbolic of God's people, yet this woman is not a pure woman. She is in apostasy. This is not a symbol of worldlings, but of professed people of God in apostasy, living in sin.
5:8 And he said, This is wickedness.
And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

The time comes when the tares are gathered together, they will not be allowed to grow among the wheat forever.
But interestingly -- they are not yet destroyed.

5:9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.
Who are these women -- they have the wings of a stork (an unclean bird) could they be spiritual delusions, the deceptive spirits that go out to deceive the whole world? They lift up the ephah with the apostate professors of God's people between the earth and heaven.

Originally Posted by Ellen White
An apostate church will unite with the powers of earth ...and will seek to compel them to renounce their allegiance to God's law, and yield homage to the papacy. Then will come the times which will try men's souls; .... Then will the gold be separated from the dross, and it will be made apparent who are the godly, who are the loyal and true, and who are the disloyal, the dross and the tinsel. What clouds of chaff will then be borne away by the fan of God! Where now our eyes can discover only rich floors of wheat, will be chaff blown away with the fan of God. Every one who is not centered in Christ will fail to stand the test and ordeal of that day. While those who are clothed with Christ's righteousness will stand firm to truth and duty, those who have trusted in their own righteousness will be ranged under the black banner of the prince of darkness. Then it will be seen whether the choice is for Christ or Belial. {Mar 204.3}

5:10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah? Where will they go? When the winds of deception and force blow them away?
5:11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base. Shinar is Babylon. They will join Babylon and seemingly set themselves up there and it will seem to be a profitable choice. BUT

Revelation 18:2
Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
18:5 But her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong [is] the Lord God who judgeth her.

Last edited by dedication; 04/10/23 08:35 PM.
Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195713
04/23/23 05:45 PM
04/23/23 05:45 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The last three visions in this group of Zechariah's visions show Israel's sins and wrong worship styles end in exile and lose. The first visions are promises and plans for Israel if they walk in covenant relationship with God.

But in the heart (in the middle) of this group of visions is the key !
People cannot live up to God's holy standards if they do not have this KEY?

What is the KEY?

4th vision cleansing and forgiveness, priesthood cleansed
5th vision Holy Spirit gives power to Zerubbabel to rebuild

Fourth Vision
Justification Forgiveness and Cleansing
Joshua Given Clean Garments

Zechariah 3:1 And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
Joshua is before the heavenly judgment court. Satan is there saying, "God, that man is mine, you can't claim him, Look at all these sins he's committed! He's one of us."

3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: [is] not this a brand plucked out of the fire? God tells Satan he doesn't have a case, God has chosen to save these people, they are like pieces of wood, scorched by the fire of sin, but God is pulling them out of fires of sin to prepare them to live with Him.

3:3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
3:4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

At first glance it looks like Satan's accusations were correct. There is no righteousness in Joshua, all his righteousness is like filthy rags. But Christ made provision to deal with that, by His death. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 He will cloth the repentant sinner with His own righteousness.

3:5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon
his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.

Priests wore mitres that had written on them: "Holiness unto the Lord" . On the head covering a mind in which the thoughts now turn to God and His Holiness and grace.

3:6 And the angel of the LORD protested unto Joshua, saying,
3:7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

Is Joshua now free to go! Wait, there are "ifs"
If you walk in my ways.
If you keep my charge

3:8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they [are] men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.

We are to listen as well, for God is revealing the greatest mystery of all ages. The branch refers to the coming Messiah. It is His life and death that can change people dressed in their filthy garments, to be clothed in garments of white.

3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone [shall be] seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
3:10 In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

The stone -- the chief corner stone, the Rock of Ages,
seven eyes -- the Lamb of God (Rev. 4:6) with seven symbolic horns and seven symbolic eye.

Yes, sins are forgiven because the Lamb of God, like a Lamb slain, has paid the price.
And notice the linquistic resemblance of 3:10 with Isaiah 65:22-23 God's promises for His people.

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195767
05/03/23 03:18 PM
05/03/23 03:18 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Zechariah 3:1-9
Joshua Given Clean Garments
Christ and the Robe of Righteousness

The message in these verses are the center point in Zechariah's eight visions.
The central hope is in Christ's gift of forgiveness and cleansing!

In an article by Ellen White in the Youth Instructor Oct. 21 1897

Quoting from Revelation she writes:
The Lord Jesus has sent a most solemn message to the Laodicean church.
"...Because you say I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing and don't know that you are wretched and miserable and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel you to buy of me gold tried in the fire...and white raiment, that you may be clothed and that the shame of your nakedness does not appear."

In the counsel of the True Witness, he urges upon his people the necessity of being clothed in the white garment of his righteousness. Every guest accepted for the marriage supper of the Lamb will be arrayed in this spotless robe.

But Satan is determined that those who have been sinners shall not wear this spotless garment, and he is seeking to obtain unlimited power over them.
The controversy over those who have been purchased by the blood of Christ is pictured by the prophet Zechariah. He says:
"And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?"
Joshua represents those who are making a penitent plea at the throne of grace, and Satan stands as their adversary to accuse them before Christ. The prophet continues:
?Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. And he answered and spake unto those who stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
And I said, Let them set a fair miter upon his head. So they set a fair miter upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the Lord stood by. And the angel of the Lord protested unto Joshua, saying, Thus saith the Lord of Hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by."

The wedding garment is the righteousness of Christ, and represents the character of those who will be accepted as guests for the marriage supper of the Lamb. Those who have transgressed the law, who have committed sin, can find no saving quality in the law which condemns them, but Christ has become the sin-bearer for the whole world.
John says: "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Those who receive Christ as their personal Saviour, yield up their way to his will and his way. They cast their sins upon him, and receive and rejoice in the imputed righteousness of Christ. They know what it means to have a change of raiment. "As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.... And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace." "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him"
(Ellen White in the Youth Instructor Oct. 21 1897)

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195830
05/15/23 08:13 PM
05/15/23 08:13 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
3:8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they [are] men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.

We are to listen as well, for God is revealing the greatest mystery of all ages. The branch refers to the coming Messiah. It is His life and death that can change people dressed in their filthy garments, to be clothed in garments of white.

3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone [shall be] seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
3:10 In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

Back in Zachariah's time, it was Joshua who was called to be the priest in God's newly rebuilt temple. All whom God calls to any office need God's grace to make them worthy and able to perform their God given work. And it is God's grace that prepares them for their office.

First step was to cleanse this man. The Lord caused all his sins to be forgiven, and enabled him to walk in newness of life.
God will do the same for His believers by his sanctifying grace.

All through the Old Testament we see promises made to men like David and now Joshua, in which the real promise and fulfillment is seen to be a promises of the Messiah.
David being a shadow of Jesus as our King.
Joshua being a shadow of Jesus as our High Priest.

THE BRANCH
Our whole dependence must rest on Christ, the Branch of righteousness. He is the Branch from which all our fruit must grow. Like John later writes Jesus telling His disciples in John 15, I am the vine (the nourishing branch) you are the (little) branches, that can't do anything except you are connected to the Vine. Yet if connected, drawing you spiritual nourishment, from the Vine you will bring forth much fruit.

THE STONE
The rebuilt temple would have had a "corner stone" or "headstone". Joshua probably watched with great solemnity as this stone was laid.
That One stone, cut out without hands (Daniel 2) upon which the whole new creation of redeemed mankind rests is none other but Messiah Jesus Christ.
All believers, from the beginning, looked forward to the coming of Messiah, in the types and predictions. All believers, after Christ's coming, back to His life, death and resurrection, as the solid rock upon which to rest their faith, hope, and love.
This stone, Joshua would represent in type, for Christ would be the better high priest, in the better heavenly sanctuary.
And this stone, cut out without hands, Daniel the prophet tells us will set up an everlasting kingdom that shall never be destroyed.

SEVEN EYES

Upon the one stone, seven eyes.
Rev 5:6 There stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Christ sends the Holy Spirit to His people, the churches, carrying with Him the fruits and the gifts of the Holy Spirit, convicting people of sins, leading them to the Savior, leading them into all truth.
John 16:13 When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
16:14 He shall glorify me (Jesus): for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.

ENGRAVE THE ENGRAVING

In the Old Testament times, when the priest went in before the Lord, they carried the names of all Israel graven in the precious stones of his breastplate

Christ shall appear for all his chosen, as the high priest before God, with the names of all spiritual Israel graven in the precious stones of his breastplate. By Him sin shall be taken away, both the guilt and the power of it. He will also engrave His law and love upon our hearts.

Joshua's story illustrates Christ's work for His people.
SPIRITUALLY CLEANSED, FORGIVEN, CLOTHED IN WHITE GARMENTS, READY TO WORK FOR THE LORD

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195851
05/26/23 07:17 AM
05/26/23 07:17 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
In the middle of Zechariah's eight visions we find the key to salvation.
What is the KEY?

4th vision cleansing and forgiveness, priesthood cleansed -- Justification!
5th vision Holy Spirit gives power to Zerubbabel to rebuild -- Living the Sanctified Life.

Fifth Vision
The Oil of the Holy Spirit
Living the Sanctified Life.

Zechariah
4:1 And the angel that talked with me came again, and awoke me, as a man that is awakened out of his sleep,
4:2 And said unto me, What do you see? And I said, I have looked, and behold I see a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl on the top of it, and his seven lamps are on it, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are on the top of it:
4:3 And two olive trees are standing by it, one on the right side of the bowl, and the other on the left side of it.
4:4 So I asked the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
4:5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said to me, Do you not know what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
4:6 Then he answered me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

4:11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees on the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side of it?
4:12 And I asked again, and said unto him, What are these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
4:13 And he answered me and said, Do you not know what these are? And I said, No, my lord.
4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

So here we have many symbols:
Two olive trees.
Two olive branches attached to two golden pipes, carrying the golden oil from the olive trees to a big candlestick with seven lamps.

The two olive trees represent two heavenly anointed ones, or messengers from God.
Thus holy oil is emptied, by the holy messengers represented by the two olive trees, into the golden tubes and from thence into the golden bowls which light the lamps.

The golden oil represents the Holy Spirit.
Without the golden oil the lamps will not shine.

The two witnesses or Olive trees, represent the Scriptures of the Old and the New Testament. (The law and the testimony Isaiah 8:20) Both are witnesses to the plan of salvation, as well as to the origin and perpetuity of the law of God. See Revelation 11:3-4, Psalms 119:105.

Scripture was given to humanity by the Holy Spirit and it is He that brings it home to the heart!
2 Peter 1:20-21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Spirit.

The lamp stand represents God's people -- God's church. See Revelation 1:20, the lampstand represents the churches, the seven stars (or lights) represent leaders/evangelists/teachers of those churches.

In Zechariah's day. The lampstand represented the returned exiles and the leader was Zerubbabel.
The restoration of the temple and the rebuilding of the nation would be done "not by might nor by power but by My Spirit, says the Lord.

In Jesus parable of the ten virgins -- it was the oil that made the difference of those ready and shining when the bridegroom came, and the lack of the oil that left the other five in darkness.

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #195893
06/04/23 06:06 AM
06/04/23 06:06 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Comments from E.J. Waggoner

Because of its symbolism, the book of Zechariah has been called the apocalypse of the Old Testament. The first series of visions deals primarily with the experiences connected with the rebuilding of the temple, and references are made to the leaders Zerubbabel and Joshua. The promise is made to the former that as his hands have laid the foundation of the temple, ?his hands shall also finish it.? Zechariah 4:9.

In a view of Joshua, the high priest, standing before the angel of the Lord, the gracious pardon of the sinner is graphically illustrated. Joshua is ?clothed with filthy garments,? a symbol of sin. Isaiah 64:6. The adversary, Satan, stands at his right hand to resist the work of grace that God would perform in behalf of the penitent sinner. But Satan is rebuked by ?the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem,? and the divine command is given, ?Take away the filthy garments from him.?
Then to Joshua are addressed the sweet words: ?Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.? (See Zechariah 3:2-4.)

There is a lesson for us in this experience. We are not to fix our attention upon earthly difficulties. It is true that Satan will find numerous instruments through whom he can work to tempt and harass us, but we may always rejoice in the confidence that his seeming triumph is but a hollow one. Christ is the Captain of our salvation, and He never stands aside from our spiritual conflicts, His strength is available to make us more than conquerors, and our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. 2 Corinthians 4:17, 18.

Again, in the fourth chapter Zechariah is shown that, while success depends entirely upon the Spirit of God, abundant provision is made for every one to receive this in its fulness. The prophet was shown a candlestick with seven lamps. There was no need for any of the lamps to become extinguished, because a pipe connected each with olive trees, which poured the oil out of themselves through the pipes into the lamps.

The candlestick with seven lamps stood for God's people. In the earthly sanctuary, the lights were to be kept always burning before the veil, showing that Israel was always in the presence and thought of God.

When John was shown the sanctuary in heaven, and saw the Saviour in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks, it was explained to him that the seven candlesticks were the seven churches. Revelation 1:20.

God's people are the light of the world (Matthew 5:14; Philippians 2:15), and it was solely that the light might shine that the temple was now to be re-built. God's ambition for His people is expressed in the words, ?For Zion's sake will I not hold My peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.? Isaiah 62:1.

The two olive trees it was told Zechariah by the angel, were ?the two anointed ones that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.? They are referred to again in the eleventh chapter of Revelation as God's two witnesses, . Revelation 11:3, 4. And so also the two olive trees represented here poured out of themselves into the lamps.

We see, therefore, that there were infinite possibilities before the children of Israel at this time. A great work could be done if they would only learn what was the true nature of God's work, and not get the false idea that spiritual receptivity and success rested upon themselves displaying their achievements. . It is evident that many were as yet labouring under this mistake, for they were despising the day of small things. Their thoughts were altogether upon externals. Had a vast army of workmen been at their command, and a splendid structure in course of rapid erection, they would have felt that things were going prosperously, but because these outward indications were lacking, they set down the whole thing as a comparative failure. They did not know how they might work the works of God, and so the instruction was given. ?Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.?

?It is not by might? (or an army of skilled men ) that God effects anything. Therefore when we would attain greater success in God's work, we should not seek for more men, but for more of God's Spirit.

Without God's Spirit, as we have seen, numbers and wealth would have availed Israel nothing, for their enemies were stronger than they in both respects. But with God's Spirit working for them, the more opposition they met, the better they would get on. Everything would work together for their good.

The Lord spoke through His prophet to Zerubbabel, saying, ?Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.? Zechariah 4:7
The difficulties in their way were compared by God Himself to a ?great mountain,? but that great mountain, by the working of God's Spirit would become a plain before Zerubbabel, and all that would be left of it would simply serve for a headstone for the temple, to be brought forth with shoutings of Grace, grace.

Never be afraid of the mountains of difficulty that stand in your path, or sigh for might or power to remove them. God's Spirit is poured into you with an unceasing flow from the Divine reservoir, and by its working the mountain will be brought low. Out of it shall come that which is needed to crown the completed structure of your life. Where the mountain stood will be a plain, and the massive strength and solidity which blocked your path is transferred into your own life, making you an enduring monument of grace.
?Children's Corner. ?Stored with Fire?? The Present Truth 15, 36.
E. J. Waggoner

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #196189
08/09/23 01:36 PM
08/09/23 01:36 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Four Chariots
1 I looked up again, and there before me were four chariots coming out from between two mountains?mountains of bronze.
2 In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses;

3 And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses.

4 Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord?

5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.

6 The black horses which are therein go forth into the north country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country.

7 And the bay went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth.

8 Then cried he upon me, and spake unto me, saying, Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country..?

We have previously discussed the symbolic meaning of horses. The symbolic horses in general are agents of the Lord God, directed by His Spirit. (Zechariah 6:4):

To help us understand what they represent we need to look at what else is said about them.
Their demeanor, state or activity, combined with the color, offer clues for understanding.
For example, in Zechariah One, the horses are restful, patrolling, but peaceful. The horses had gone to and from the ends of the world, on behalf of the Lord, and returned to proclaim there is peace and quiet, (Zechariah 1:8-11). They are NOT engaged in war or turmoil, but signified the peace that a people returned to Lord and His service were to experience.

.However when the same type of horses become active or restless, then war and conflicts on earth are inevitable.

In Zechariah Six, The four horses with their chariots are described as powerful, charging forward, and they are not proclaiming peace or quiet. They were charging forward with power and energy to perform their assignments consistent with their colors.

Zechariah?s eighth vision (in Zechariah 6) consists of two parts. The first part is of the four horse chariots coming from between two bronze mountains. The second part is of the crowning of Joshua, symbolic of the coming reign of ?The BRANCH? in which King and Priest is combined in the Messiah Who builds the ultimate temple (Jesus later refers to Himself as the temple, "destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up,' John 2:19) and He rules on the eternal throne..[quote]6:12 and speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh Jehovah of hosts, saying, Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: and he shall grow up out of his place; and he shall build the temple of Jehovah; 13 even he shall build the temple of Jehovah; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne; and the counsel of peace shall be between them both[quote]

Like all eight visions which pertain both the Israel at the time but in great measure also to the end times, this visions gives us a dual timing for these four chariots with horses to charge forth.
1. Heralding the first coming of the Messiah as a man of sorrows
2. Heralding the second coming of the Messiah as King of kings, and Lord of lords.

So first, let's look at the time between the Jews return from Babylon to the first coming of Christ to Bethlehem.

TWO BRONZE MOUNTAINS and two directions in which the horses charge.

Daniel 11:1-21 speaks much of the king of the north and the king of the south.
Mountains often symbolize kingdoms. So, in this case, there were two mountains or two Kingdoms, which are very similar. They are of the same kind. They stand separately, but from between them came the four chariots of horses.

Again Daniel helps identify these two bronze mountains. Bronze in the image of Daniel chapter two symbolizes the Grecian empire which divided into four divisions, but two, the Ptolemies to the south and the Seleucids to the north were the two prominent divisions, with God's chosen nation, Judea, in the middle.

God placed the restored Jewish nation back in the cross roads, which would be in the middle of this powerful Bronze (Hellenistic) empire. The mission of God's people was to send forth God's Word to the north and to the south. History reveals the kings of the north and south caused continual trouble for the struggling Jewish nation that somehow failed to achieve the purpose and future God longed to give them.
If only they relied upon the Holy Spirit -- "not by might nor by power but by my spirit", then those Bronze mountains would have flattened. "Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it." Zechariah 4:7

As it was their message was mixed.
There was a chariot with white horses -- truth.
But also red (symbolizing blood shed and persecution), black (a polluted, famished message, lacking the life giving vitality) and grizzled and bay (conflicting messages)

Interesting that it was from the north country (Babylonia) that men, that had heard the message, came seeking the "new born king" Jesus, the Prince of peace, at His first coming.

But all these visions have a profound finality in the time of the end.

How will it be before the second coming of Christ?

Re: Zechariah's eight visions [Re: dedication] #196220
08/13/23 10:22 PM
08/13/23 10:22 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
We've briefly looked at the colored horses with chariots as they relate to Israel's time between their restoration and coming of the Messiah, but do they have meaning for the time before the second coming of Christ?

Does Daniel 11 and Revelation 6 have information that help us understand these horse chariots?

1 I looked up again, and there before me were four chariots coming out from between two mountains -- mountains of bronze.

TWO MOUNTAINS

Clue references:
* Daniel 2 -- Bronze represents the Grecian Empire
* Daniel11 -- Israel sitting in the middle of two Grecian kings, the king of the south, and the king of the north. Two mountains and Israel sits between them. Till they were all conquered by Rome just before Christ's birth.
* Zechariah 4:7 -- those mountains would have become plains IF Israel had accepted the "not by might nor by power but by the Spirit of the Lord" promise. They would not have stood opposing Israel.

'Two' mountains may mean nothing other than a way to describe a mountain range with an opening for God?s sovereign will to be revealed to the world. Such would definitely describe Israel placed in the middle of the two Bronze (Hellenistic) mountains. They were an opening through which God's grace was to flow out to the world and announce the coming of the Messiah to the world.

Why does Daniel revive the king of the north and south again at the end of time?
Are they the last two mountains of the seven depicted in Rev. 17:9, in which five mountains are fallen, but two are still standing in the last days.
Two formidable mountains obscuring God's true message, with a small opening between them from which God's last message of mercy is to flow to the world?

We realize the last mountain, being the king of the north must refer to that power whose persecution necessitates the deliverance of God's people. This last strong mountain consisting of the united apostate religious power which will be flatten when God delivers His people.

If 'two' describes a mountain range with an opening for God?s sovereign will to be proclaimed, than what is the other mountain (the southern mountain)?

Well, according to one line of teaching it is the "Egyptian side" symbolic of the powerful humanism/socialism, atheism, secular basis of many nations. Following Daniel 11's prophecy, this "southern" mountain will be taken over or flattened by the last (king of the north) mountain in the end, but for now it's still towering above our heads obstructing the message of salvation.

And so, in between these two mountains sits God's church which is to take the three angel's message to the world, announcing that Christ is coming again in the very near future.

The HORSES AND CHARIOTS

We are told that these chariots are sent by God to do a work in the earth. We know the commission in which God sends His church to go unto all the earth with soul-saving truths.

These horses must be people - missionaries, preachers/teachers as well as common people sharing the testimony of Jesus.
God does not send literal horses throughout the earth for literal horses cannot speak.

Since the horses are pulling the carriages, the horses must symbolize leaders, and the chariot holds the body of believers, members. So we can say the horses and chariots represent
Heaven-born messages carried by a Spirit empowered church to the world through that opening between the towering mountains obstructing truth.

Again remember the important message from earlier visions of Zechariah, it's not by might nor by power but by the spirit of the Lord. In His strength "O great mountain... thou shalt become a plain". The message is shouting, Grace, grace unto even those mountains, if they but turn to the Lord in faith.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!