HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,209
Posts195,779
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 29
kland 9
asygo 1
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Posts: 6,504
Joined: April 2004
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law #197576
04/12/24 04:16 PM
04/12/24 04:16 PM
T
TruthinTypes  Offline OP
Posting New Member
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 14
Alaska
Part One:

Viewed as a type, the first six chapters of Daniel can help us to see how the National Sunday law will take effect in the United States, and then become the Universal Sunday Law as it goes global.

The key to understand a type, is to find the key that unlocks the type. In this case, Mrs. White provides the key for us in the following quotes:

"History will be repeated. False religion will be exalted. The first day of the week, a common working day, possessing no sanctity whatever, will be set up as was the image at Babylon. All nations and tongues and peoples will be commanded to worship this spurious sabbath. This is Satan's plan to make of no account the day instituted by God, and given to the world as a memorial of creation."

"The decree enforcing the worship of this day is to go forth to all the world. In a limited degree, it has already gone forth. In several places the civil power is speaking with the voice of a dragon, just as the heathen king spoke to the Hebrew captives."

"Trial and persecution will come to all who, in obedience to the Word of God, refuse to worship this false sabbath. Force is the last resort of every false religion. At first it tries attraction, as the king of Babylon tried the power of music and outward show. If these attractions, invented by men inspired by Satan, failed to make men worship the image, the hungry flames of the furnace were ready to consume them. So it will be now. The Papacy has exercised her power to compel men to obey her, and she will continue to do so. We need the same spirit that was manifested by God's servants in the conflict with paganism? So it was in the case of the three Hebrew worthies; their eye was single to the glory of God; their souls were steadfast; the power of the truth held them firmly to their allegiance to God. It is in the power of God alone that we shall be enabled to be loyal to him." (ST, May 6, 1897 par.14- 16)


"By many, the Sabbath of the fourth commandment is made void, being treated as a thing of naught; while the spurious sabbath, the child of the papacy, is exalted. In the place of God's laws, are elevated the laws of the man of sin--laws that are to be received and regarded as the wonderful golden image of Nebuchadnezzar was by the Babylonians. Forming this great image, Nebuchadnezzar commanded that it should receive universal homage from all, both great and small, high and low, rich and poor." (Ms 24, 1891; 19MR 243.4)

These quotes give us the reference point we need in order to understand Daniel as a type. Mrs. White is letting us know that the raising of the image on the plain of Dura is the same as the raising of the Sunday law. This point of reference, found in Daniel 3, is the key, and allows us to see that the sequence of events of that time, will in turn portray the events which will attend the Sunday law in our time.

In this context, it is interesting to note that the book of Daniel is divided into two distinct parts, history and prophecy. Though there is a prophecy in Chapter two, the first six chapters deal primarily with historical events, and the last six chapters are devoted to prophecy.

Daniel chapter 3 and 6 represent two points in time for God's people, one illustrating the National Sunday law, and the other the Universal Sunday law. Neither of these events can be predicted based on time, but are only points in time, and as such can only be predicted as events. Since October 22, 1844, prophecy moved from the stream of time to the stream of events.

Daniel 3 is a 'revealing' test. In other words, no one knew who would bow to the image and who would not. As a result of this test, a class of people are now revealed, or identified, that were not identified before. Two classes of people are produced, a majority, and a minority; those who bowed and those who did not. The same will be true at the first Sunday law time period in the United States. No one knows who will yield to the mandate to worship on Sunday, and who will not.

Daniel 6, on the other hand, is a highly targeted test. In this case the identity is known, and a test is devised with the specific intent to destroy Daniel. So it will be with God?s people at the Universal Sunday law time period. Just as there was a 'writing,' or decree, that went out in Daniel?s time with consequences, so there will be a writing that goes out in the Universal Sunday law time period.

"Then I saw the leading men of the earth consulting together, and Satan and his angels busy around them. I saw a writing, copies of which were scattered in different parts of the land, giving orders that unless the saints should yield their peculiar faith, give up the Sabbath, and observe the first day of the week, the people were at liberty after a certain time to put them to death." EW 282.2

This writing is the same as that of Daniel 6:9-10; and it is the same as that of Queen Esther's time: "The decree which is to go forth against the people of God will be very similar to that issued by Ahasuerus against the Jews in the time of Esther." 5T 450.1 This statement is also a key that unlocks the account of Esther, Mordecai and Haman as a type, but is not the subject for now.

The point to make is that types can show us things in a tangible way that will help us to correctly test our experience as we pass through these events. In other words, even though prophetic time is no longer, God does not leave His people in the dark. He gives us waymarks so we know what to expect, what we are passing through, and what is yet to come. "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure." Isaiah 46:10

I have divided this into parts for shorter reading, and as we go, we will see what the herald of Chapter 3:4 represents, what it means when Nebuchadnezzar speaks, why the three Hebrews were given a second chance, why Darius fought to save Daniel from the lion?s den, and so on. Each of these events show something of the events that are soon to occur with us.

Re: Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law [Re: TruthinTypes] #197577
04/13/24 10:07 AM
04/13/24 10:07 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,172
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by TruthinTypes
Part One:

Viewed as a type, the first six chapters of Daniel can help us to see how the National Sunday law will take effect in the United States, and then become the Universal Sunday Law as it goes global.

The key to understand a type, is to find the key that unlocks the type. In this case, Mrs. White provides the key for us in the following quotes:

"History will be repeated. False religion will be exalted. The first day of the week, a common working day, possessing no sanctity whatever, will be set up as was the image at Babylon. All nations and tongues and peoples will be commanded to worship this spurious sabbath. This is Satan's plan to make of no account the day instituted by God, and given to the world as a memorial of creation."

"The decree enforcing the worship of this day is to go forth to all the world. In a limited degree, it has already gone forth. In several places the civil power is speaking with the voice of a dragon, just as the heathen king spoke to the Hebrew captives."

"Trial and persecution will come to all who, in obedience to the Word of God, refuse to worship this false sabbath. Force is the last resort of every false religion. At first it tries attraction, as the king of Babylon tried the power of music and outward show. If these attractions, invented by men inspired by Satan, failed to make men worship the image, the hungry flames of the furnace were ready to consume them. So it will be now. The Papacy has exercised her power to compel men to obey her, and she will continue to do so. We need the same spirit that was manifested by God's servants in the conflict with paganism? So it was in the case of the three Hebrew worthies; their eye was single to the glory of God; their souls were steadfast; the power of the truth held them firmly to their allegiance to God. It is in the power of God alone that we shall be enabled to be loyal to him." (ST, May 6, 1897 par.14- 16)


"By many, the Sabbath of the fourth commandment is made void, being treated as a thing of naught; while the spurious sabbath, the child of the papacy, is exalted. In the place of God's laws, are elevated the laws of the man of sin--laws that are to be received and regarded as the wonderful golden image of Nebuchadnezzar was by the Babylonians. Forming this great image, Nebuchadnezzar commanded that it should receive universal homage from all, both great and small, high and low, rich and poor." (Ms 24, 1891; 19MR 243.4)

These quotes give us the reference point we need in order to understand Daniel as a type. Mrs. White is letting us know that the raising of the image on the plain of Dura is the same as the raising of the Sunday law. This point of reference, found in Daniel 3, is the key, and allows us to see that the sequence of events of that time, will in turn portray the events which will attend the Sunday law in our time.

In this context, it is interesting to note that the book of Daniel is divided into two distinct parts, history and prophecy. Though there is a prophecy in Chapter two, the first six chapters deal primarily with historical events, and the last six chapters are devoted to prophecy.

Daniel chapter 3 and 6 represent two points in time for God's people, one illustrating the National Sunday law, and the other the Universal Sunday law. Neither of these events can be predicted based on time, but are only points in time, and as such can only be predicted as events. Since October 22, 1844, prophecy moved from the stream of time to the stream of events.

Daniel 3 is a 'revealing' test. In other words, no one knew who would bow to the image and who would not. As a result of this test, a class of people are now revealed, or identified, that were not identified before. Two classes of people are produced, a majority, and a minority; those who bowed and those who did not. The same will be true at the first Sunday law time period in the United States. No one knows who will yield to the mandate to worship on Sunday, and who will not.

Daniel 6, on the other hand, is a highly targeted test. In this case the identity is known, and a test is devised with the specific intent to destroy Daniel. So it will be with God?s people at the Universal Sunday law time period. Just as there was a 'writing,' or decree, that went out in Daniel?s time with consequences, so there will be a writing that goes out in the Universal Sunday law time period.

"Then I saw the leading men of the earth consulting together, and Satan and his angels busy around them. I saw a writing, copies of which were scattered in different parts of the land, giving orders that unless the saints should yield their peculiar faith, give up the Sabbath, and observe the first day of the week, the people were at liberty after a certain time to put them to death." EW 282.2

This writing is the same as that of Daniel 6:9-10; and it is the same as that of Queen Esther's time: "The decree which is to go forth against the people of God will be very similar to that issued by Ahasuerus against the Jews in the time of Esther." 5T 450.1 This statement is also a key that unlocks the account of Esther, Mordecai and Haman as a type, but is not the subject for now.

The point to make is that types can show us things in a tangible way that will help us to correctly test our experience as we pass through these events. In other words, even though prophetic time is no longer, God does not leave His people in the dark. He gives us waymarks so we know what to expect, what we are passing through, and what is yet to come. "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure." Isaiah 46:10

I have divided this into parts for shorter reading, and as we go, we will see what the herald of Chapter 3:4 represents, what it means when Nebuchadnezzar speaks, why the three Hebrews were given a second chance, why Darius fought to save Daniel from the lion?s den, and so on. Each of these events show something of the events that are soon to occur with us.
Something will set these men to do this, it will be of such magnitude that they will think it has to be done, and they will pass these mandates...

Re: Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law [Re: TruthinTypes] #197585
04/19/24 11:14 PM
04/19/24 11:14 PM
T
TheophilusOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Regular Member
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 55
Fl
Do you think it could be assisted by Marian apparitions?

Re: Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law [Re: TruthinTypes] #197594
04/21/24 07:40 AM
04/21/24 07:40 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,192
Alberta, Canada
?Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions.? ChS 160.1

As the statue of Daniel 3 was supported by two great legs, and the two lamb like horns of the second beast of Revelation 13 (church and state) unite to ?causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads?, it seems likely, the two great errors will work together to support the hoodwinking of the world.

Since, the Marian apparitions are demonic impersonations of dead Mary, it is almost certain that this pseudo immortal soul will proclaim the absolute necessity of Sunday observance.


"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law [Re: ProdigalOne] #197599
04/21/24 07:54 PM
04/21/24 07:54 PM
Kevin H  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024

Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 632
New York
Originally Posted by ProdigalOne
?Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions.? ChS 160.1

As the statue of Daniel 3 was supported by two great legs, and the two lamb like horns of the second beast of Revelation 13 (church and state) unite to ?causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads?, it seems likely, the two great errors will work together to support the hoodwinking of the world.

Since, the Marian apparitions are demonic impersonations of dead Mary, it is almost certain that this pseudo immortal soul will proclaim the absolute necessity of Sunday observance.


Thank you ProdigalOne. As we see how people are able to fool others with AI, how much more can the demon's work with their deceptions.

Re: Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law [Re: TruthinTypes] #197600
04/21/24 09:10 PM
04/21/24 09:10 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,504
Canada
AI project: enabling people to talk to their departed loved ones?

Quote
AI has progressed in its ability to mimic specific physical voices, a practice called voice cloning. It has also been getting better at injecting digital personas?whether cloned from a real person or completely artificial?with more of the qualities that make a voice sound ?human.?

As it turns out, to create a digital replica of someone with a good chance that it would look like a convincingly authentic representation, you need data?and lots of it. HereAfter, whose work starts with subjects when they are still alive, asks them questions for hours?about everything from their earliest memories to their first date to what they believe will happen after they die.
The company then took those responses and started stitching them together to create the voice assistants.

After my parents died, I could communicate with them through the Alexa app on a phone or an Amazon Echo device. I was eager to hear them? When I finally opened the file, my hands were shaking. I hadn?t seen my actual, real parents for six months.
The overall experience was undeniably weird. Every time I spoke to their virtual versions, it struck me that I could have been talking to my real parents. On one occasion, my husband mistook my talking as an actual phone call. When he realized it wasn?t, he rolled his eyes, tutted, and shook his head, as if I were completely deranged.

The video technology itself looked relatively slick and professional?though the result still fell vaguely within the uncanny valley, especially in the facial expressions. At points I had to remind myself that she wasn?t really there.

Re: Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law [Re: TruthinTypes] #197603
04/21/24 11:22 PM
04/21/24 11:22 PM
T
TruthinTypes  Offline OP
Posting New Member
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 14
Alaska
The AI phenomena is very interesting. It makes me think of how Christ shows the end from the beginning. Mrs. White says concerning the days just before the flood:

"But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere." 1SP 69.1

I can't prove it, but it seems to me that we are now experiencing an amalgamation of man and computer, which will be followed with the same consequences, only this time with fire.

Re: Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law [Re: TruthinTypes] #197605
04/22/24 04:29 PM
04/22/24 04:29 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,504
Canada
Originally Posted by TruthinTypes
The AI phenomena is very interesting. It makes me think of how Christ shows the end from the beginning. Mrs. White says concerning the days just before the flood:

"But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere." 1SP 69.1

I can't prove it, but it seems to me that we are now experiencing an amalgamation of man and computer, which will be followed with the same consequences, only this time with fire.


That amalgamation, I'm afraid, is FACT and increasing more and more by the hour!

People are now cloning themselves!
Quote
People around the globe are creating digital 'clones' to work for them in the real world, allowing them to enjoy life and still make a million-dollar salary.
They create 'clones' of themselves and have taught their digital persona to interact just like the real person.

Delphi who said it uses podcasts, videos, PDFs and other similar content to generate an accurate clone capable of mimicking the user's thoughts and speech - and the process can take as little as one hour.

'The clone will learn how they think about the world,'


What's even more staggering is that people ask their clone for counsel!!!!

Quote
The start-up Coachvox.AI has customers who pay up to $47 a month to access a digital clone of themselves - with the clone offering life coaching and business coaching based on the real person's thoughts.

People are making digital clones of themself

Re: Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law [Re: TruthinTypes] #197606
04/22/24 05:15 PM
04/22/24 05:15 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,504
Canada
Back to a more direct focus on the subject of this thread.-- I fully agree, Daniel gives a lot of examples, or types, for events to take place in the last days.

I found your parallel of Daniel 3 as a type of the national Sunday law, and Daniel 6 as a parallel or typ of the universal Sunday law, quite interesting. Never thought of it that way, but it makes sense!

Daniel 3 pictures a leader anxious for the "greatness" of his kingdom. The prophecy of Babylon falling and being replaced by lessor kingdoms greatly disturbed him and he was determined to create an image signifying Babylon would last forever. (See EGW's article YI Feb.2,1904)

In like manner it seems the national Sunday law will come in with the idea of making America great again, and saving it from the deteriorating effects of climate change. There are probably a whole lot more lessons here! Like taking a true revelation pointing to worship of the true God, and counterfeiting it, into worshipping a mere man. "The grand lesson which God had given to the heathen through the vision of the great image, was misconstrued and misapplied." Counterfeited.

Re: Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law [Re: TheophilusOne] #197676
06/01/24 09:38 AM
06/01/24 09:38 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,172
Florida, USA

Last edited by Rick H; 06/01/24 09:43 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
What is Catholic Integralism?
by dedication. 07/23/24 12:46 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 07/21/24 04:52 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 07/20/24 09:42 PM
Spiritual Evolution
by Rick H. 07/20/24 12:20 PM
"Justice" or torture?
by Rick H. 07/20/24 12:17 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by dedication. 07/19/24 10:59 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 07/18/24 11:17 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 07/17/24 01:42 PM
Looking to Escape the Heat
by kland. 07/15/24 06:44 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by Rick H. 07/13/24 01:18 PM
Global Warming Farce
by dedication. 07/07/24 05:32 PM
Looks like the debate was a disaster for Biden.
by dedication. 07/07/24 03:05 PM
A Review of U.S. Sunday Laws
by dedication. 07/07/24 12:38 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The most bitter of enemies.
by Kevin H. 07/21/24 11:51 PM
Will Trump Pass The Sunday Law?
by Kevin H. 07/21/24 10:24 PM
Ecumenical Baptism
by Rick H. 07/20/24 06:20 PM
Has SDA prophetic understanding losts its way?
by Rick H. 07/20/24 06:12 PM
Satan's Last Day Deception...
by Rick H. 07/20/24 06:00 PM
Press Together! Press Together!
by Rick H. 07/20/24 01:30 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 07/20/24 12:25 PM
LGBTQ+ Rainbow Decorates SDA Website
by kland. 07/19/24 06:45 PM
False Tongues In The Church!
by TheophilusOne. 07/13/24 12:24 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 07/05/24 03:47 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 07/05/24 08:24 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google
 
Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1