HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 49 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 48 49
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #112284
04/26/09 12:40 PM
04/26/09 12:40 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
william, i do not know what roseangela believes but i can assure you that you have preconceived assumptions of what i believe.

Are you absolutely sure I haven't understood your argumentation without resorting to "preconceived assumptions"?

Quote:
TeresaQ: thats funny, because no matter how many times i have read the book it has not made me a postlapsarian.

Admittedly, TQ, you perhaps have not come fully out of the closet (like someone else I know), yet it's obvious your queries stem from a typical prelapsarian mentality. So it is from your own commentary that I have formed my conclusion.

Furthermore, Rosa has been rather explicit with us by honestly sharing her proclivities for Original Sin. So, IMO, you by now should know "what Rosangela believes."

BTW, hurry back Rosa and be safe!

William

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #112285
04/26/09 01:53 PM
04/26/09 01:53 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
you all read too many he said/she said!! makes communication most difficult, not to mention the assumptions made of what another believes. must be an adventist thing!

Teresa, utilizing the supporting thoughts of others is only done so that there aren't any preconceived assumptions as to what one believes. Students understand that using primary, secondary, or tertiary sources is necessary if you want to successfully argue your premise.

Quote:
im asking what you understand these fleshly desires to be, or as another has put it the clamorings of the flesh. you see, id rather not make assumptions of what you believe or what you mean by such and such but ask you.

First you mentioned that we could more easily clarify this issue were we to stay with the Bible. OK. So I gave you a list of texts supporting Christ's postfall nature. Silence. frown

I thought: OK, she's tired. Now you insist on having my opinion when I already gave you the Bible's opinion. In truth, TQ, I've already articulated in several places what I believe "sinful flesh" represents (i.e., "fleshly desires," "clamorings," etc.): these do not produce guilt until we act upon them. Sin as choice is typical postlapsarian fare.

Quote:
now what "zurcher" said or tom, dick or harry, does not really help me know what you understand them to have understood.

It should. How else do we categorize our doctrinal beliefs if we don't align them with the teachings of those before us? Most of us simply don't have the time to articulate every doctrinal nuance in this quick-hit format, so we quote theological "experts" to save time while still sharing our faith.

Quote:
kind of reminds one of that circle where one person whispers something to the next person and by the time it gets back to the first person it has no resemblance to what was originally said.

Not an ideal analogy. Because in quoting other biblically-faithful sources, if the Bible is whisper number one, the whispers between persons 2-5, for example, will get louder and clearer not less loud and clear, especially because Adventism has a modern prophet at number two, and two Spirit-ordained "messengers" at numbers three and four.

Theoretically speaking, want to guess who number five is?

William

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #112286
04/26/09 02:23 PM
04/26/09 02:23 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
What I'm hearing from postlaps today is that Jesus had "the same sinful, corrupt propensities as man." Otherwise, how could He have experienced the same struggles that we do, since we struggle against these sinful, corrupt propensities?

Are you saying that Jesus DID NOT have "the same sinful, corrupt propensities as man"?

Hi Arnold: This is one of the more common quotations used by those in the New Theology camp. But I'm sure you didn't know that, right? Smiling.

I'm not saying anything, actually, Ellen White says it for us in the very next paragraph: "Christ took our nature, fallen but not corrupted, and would not be corrupted unless He received the words of Satan in place of the words of God.

I've already highlighted this point elsewhere. However, doubtless you're familiar with Paulson's higher/lower nature treatise:

"So what does she mean when she says Jesus never had the same corrupt propensities we have? Simple. She means He never chose to sin, and thus never acquired a taste for sin. Notice she doesn't say His nature wouldn't be corrupted unless He was born with the same fallen nature other humans are born with. Rather, the corruption here described would occur only if He received the words of Satan in place of the words of God. Choice, not birth, is the source of the corruption here described."

The Spirit of Prophecy cannot be more clear, nor ever contradicts Himself:

"Think of Christ's humiliation. He took upon Himself fallen, suffering human nature, degraded and defiled by sin." 4SDABC 1147.

The "degraded and defiled" would be his lower nature, if subscribing to Paulson's categorization, but Jesus' higher nature couldn't be degraded, since this is where His choices were made.

Ellen White could not have taught "original sin," or its more sanitized version involuntary sin, and still prophetically endorse Jones and Waggoner, as I quickly showed to in my, um, fanciful column.

William

Last edited by William; 04/26/09 03:03 PM.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112287
04/26/09 03:00 PM
04/26/09 03:00 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
For the record, we have a telling statement from Pastor Kirkpatrick regarding the reasons for the extremely subtle ignoring of Jones and Waggoner by those holding to every form of Original Sin.

"Similarly to the point concerning the New Theology and 1844, when it comes to the question of 1888, two tracks are taken by New Theology people that demonstrate its core antagonism to Adventism. The following concerns are, however, more difficult to clearly prove because few New Theology advocates openly discuss 1888 in any depth. . .

"Unfortunately, the New Theology advocates take one of two approaches to 1888: They either (a) Try to pitch the idea that we just don’t know what 1888 was about anyway and so there is nothing to be done about it but to move forward in ignorance, or (b) They teach that what 1888 was about was the reassertion of the same gospel understanding as they declare was held by Martin Luther."

William

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112289
04/26/09 05:12 PM
04/26/09 05:12 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: William
Quote:
william, i do not know what roseangela believes but i can assure you that you have preconceived assumptions of what i believe.

Are you absolutely sure I haven't understood your argumentation without resorting to "preconceived assumptions"?

Quote:
TeresaQ: thats funny, because no matter how many times i have read the book it has not made me a postlapsarian.

Admittedly, TQ, you perhaps have not come fully out of the closet (like someone else I know), yet it's obvious your queries stem from a typical prelapsarian mentality. So it is from your own commentary that I have formed my conclusion.

my point exactly. based on comments i have made you have decided you know where i am coming from. so you have given me "history" lessons based on your understanding instead of answering my questions. history lessons based on "this person said", "that person said" i might add. why would i base my beliefs on what others say, when i can just go to the bible and sop? it appears that since i havent come to the conclusions you have you have decided that i was wrong and needed correcting, without touching on the points i am trying to clarify.

Quote:
Furthermore, Rosa has been rather explicit with us by honestly sharing her proclivities for Original Sin. So, IMO, you by now should know "what Rosangela believes."

if i knew what the "original sin" doctrine was i could say i knew what roseangela believes. i have on rare occasions heard the term but do not know what it stands for. what i am picking up from these discussions seems to be saying that babies are born sinless until they actually "commit" a sin, some vague, undefined sin.

from my understanding a prelapse does not believe that we are to, and can, overcome all sin. is this your conclusion of me? would you admit to it?

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112290
04/26/09 05:45 PM
04/26/09 05:45 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Quote:
you all read too many he said/she said!! makes communication most difficult, not to mention the assumptions made of what another believes. must be an adventist thing!

Teresa, utilizing the supporting thoughts of others is only done so that there aren't any preconceived assumptions as to what one believes. Students understand that using primary, secondary, or tertiary sources is necessary if you want to successfully argue your premise.

Quote:
im asking what you understand these fleshly desires to be, or as another has put it the clamorings of the flesh. you see, id rather not make assumptions of what you believe or what you mean by such and such but ask you.

First you mentioned that we could more easily clarify this issue were we to stay with the Bible. OK. So I gave you a list of texts supporting Christ's postfall nature. Silence. frown

I thought: OK, she's tired. Now you insist on having my opinion when I already gave you the Bible's opinion. In truth, TQ, I've already articulated in several places what I believe "sinful flesh" represents (i.e., "fleshly desires," "clamorings," etc.): these do not produce guilt until we act upon them. Sin as choice is typical postlapsarian fare.

so it boils down to, you did not understand my question. glad to have that cleared up.

my question seemed pretty clearly stated to me. apparently not to others. not sure if i can clarify it any more. is it possible that "fleshly desires," "clamorings," are just undefined words? do those using them have clear ideas, or vague ideas as to what they mean?

im not aware of anyone responding to this post #112163. if i am not coming across clearly im at a complete loss as to how to get clearer.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112291
04/26/09 06:00 PM
04/26/09 06:00 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
For the record, we have a telling statement from Pastor Kirkpatrick regarding the reasons for the extremely subtle ignoring of Jones and Waggoner by those holding to every form of Original Sin.

"Similarly to the point concerning the New Theology and 1844, when it comes to the question of 1888, two tracks are taken by New Theology people that demonstrate its core antagonism to Adventism. The following concerns are, however, more difficult to clearly prove because few New Theology advocates openly discuss 1888 in any depth. . .

"Unfortunately, the New Theology advocates take one of two approaches to 1888: They either (a) Try to pitch the idea that we just don’t know what 1888 was about anyway and so there is nothing to be done about it but to move forward in ignorance, or (b) They teach that what 1888 was about was the reassertion of the same gospel understanding as they declare was held by Martin Luther."

i have a vague idea what that is about since i was in someones class who was teaching those things and ended up walking out. he had quite a bit to say about the ignorance of the pioneers.

i have an idea. instead of assuming someone believes these things because they dont see eye-to-eye with you, why not ask if they believe that?

we might have a real discussion with real people instead of having a discussion with our preconceptions of what those people are saying. but thats just an idea. after all, what would i know.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #112293
04/26/09 08:32 PM
04/26/09 08:32 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
This is in response to post #112163. I didn't understand the last couple of things you said in that post, so I skipped it.

Quote:
Many have alleged that this means He was born without the inherited sinful nature common to all humans. But at least two other statements make it clear that His being "born without a taint of sin" refers to His divine nature, not to the absence of fleshly desires in His lower, human nature:

t:so what would these fleshly desires be?

The desires spoken of in James 1:15, where it says that every man is tempted when drawn of his own desires and enticed. A. T. Jones speaks of this here:

Quote:
In Christ the battle has been fought on every point, and the victory has been made complete. He was made flesh itself--the same flesh and blood as those whom He came to redeem. He was made in all points like these; He was "in all points tempted like as we are." If in any "point" he had not been "like as we are," then, on that point he could not possibly have been tempted "like as we are."

He was "touched with the feeling of our infirmities," because He "was in all points tempted like as we are." When He was tempted, he felt the desires and the inclinations of the flesh, precisely as we feel them when we are tempted. For "every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lusts [his own desires and inclinations of the flesh] and enticed." James 1:14. All this Jesus could experience without sin, because to be tempted is not sin. It is only "when lust hath conceived," when the desire is cherished, when the inclination is sanctioned -- only then it is that "it bringeth forth sin." And Jesus never even in a thought cherished a desire or sanctioned an inclination of the flesh. Thus in such flesh as ours He was tempted in all points as we are and yet without a taint of sin.

And thus, by the divine power that he received through faith in God, He, in our flesh, utterly quenched every inclination of that flesh and effectually killed at its root every desire of the flesh and so "condemned sin in the flesh." And in so doing He brought complete victory and divine power to maintain it to every soul in the world. All this He did "that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit." (Lessons on Faith)

Quote:
Would it be these (things like hunger, etc.), since that is all i have ever seen the messenger of the Lord mention?

No. Limiting it to only this would make a number of her statements not make sense. For example:

Quote:
As one of us He was to give an example of obedience. For this He took upon Himself our nature, and passed through our experiences. "In all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren." Heb. 2:17. If we had to bear anything which Jesus did not endure, then upon this point Satan would represent the power of God as insufficient for us. Therefore Jesus was "in all points tempted like as we are." Heb. 4:15. He endured every trial to which we are subject. And He exercised in His own behalf no power that is not freely offered to us. As man, He met temptation, and overcame in the strength given Him from God. He says, "I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart." Ps. 40:8. As He went about doing good, and healing all who were afflicted by Satan, He made plain to men the character of God's law and the nature of His service. His life testifies that it is possible for us also to obey the law of God. (DA 24)

The SOP tells us our most difficult temptations are from within:

Quote:
The Christian is to realize that he is not his own, but that he has been bought with a price. His strongest temptations will come from within...(BE 12/1/92)

Since if we had to endure any trial or temptation that Christ did not face, Satan would present the power of God as insufficient for us on that point, and since our most difficult temptations are from within, it must be that Christ endured these.

Quote:
Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life. (DA 49)

It would be absurd to interpret the history of Christ's earthly ancestors as dealing with things like hunger. He came with such a heredity as we have to share in our sorrow and temptations. Surely our sorrows and temptations are not limited to things like hunger.

Quote:
if we equated sin with selfish then arent we all born selfish and have to be taught to think of others? i mean we are not born automatically loving, are we?

We're not born God. God is agape. In order to reveal God to us, Christ came to our world. That we might better understand the revelation, Christ took our fallen nature upon His sinless nature.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #112302
04/27/09 05:12 AM
04/27/09 05:12 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
This is in response to post #112163. I didn't understand the last couple of things you said in that post, so I skipped it.

Quote:
Many have alleged that this means He was born without the inherited sinful nature common to all humans. But at least two other statements make it clear that His being "born without a taint of sin" refers to His divine nature, not to the absence of fleshly desires in His lower, human nature:

t:so what would these fleshly desires be?

The desires spoken of in James 1:15, where it says that every man is tempted when drawn of his own desires and enticed. A. T. Jones speaks of this here:

Quote:
In Christ the battle has been fought on every point, and the victory has been made complete. He was made flesh itself--the same flesh and blood as those whom He came to redeem. He was made in all points like these; He was "in all points tempted like as we are." If in any "point" he had not been "like as we are," then, on that point he could not possibly have been tempted "like as we are."

He was "touched with the feeling of our infirmities," because He "was in all points tempted like as we are." When He was tempted, he felt the desires and the inclinations of the flesh, precisely as we feel them when we are tempted. For "every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lusts [his own desires and inclinations of the flesh] and enticed." James 1:14. All this Jesus could experience without sin, because to be tempted is not sin. It is only "when lust hath conceived," when the desire is cherished, when the inclination is sanctioned -- only then it is that "it bringeth forth sin." And Jesus never even in a thought cherished a desire or sanctioned an inclination of the flesh. Thus in such flesh as ours He was tempted in all points as we are and yet without a taint of sin.

And thus, by the divine power that he received through faith in God, He, in our flesh, utterly quenched every inclination of that flesh and effectually killed at its root every desire of the flesh and so "condemned sin in the flesh." And in so doing He brought complete victory and divine power to maintain it to every soul in the world. All this He did "that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit." (Lessons on Faith)

Quote:
Would it be these (things like hunger, etc.), since that is all i have ever seen the messenger of the Lord mention?

No. Limiting it to only this would make a number of her statements not make sense. For example:

Quote:
As one of us He was to give an example of obedience. For this He took upon Himself our nature, and passed through our experiences. "In all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren." Heb. 2:17. If we had to bear anything which Jesus did not endure, then upon this point Satan would represent the power of God as insufficient for us. Therefore Jesus was "in all points tempted like as we are." Heb. 4:15. He endured every trial to which we are subject. And He exercised in His own behalf no power that is not freely offered to us. As man, He met temptation, and overcame in the strength given Him from God. He says, "I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart." Ps. 40:8. As He went about doing good, and healing all who were afflicted by Satan, He made plain to men the character of God's law and the nature of His service. His life testifies that it is possible for us also to obey the law of God. (DA 24)

The SOP tells us our most difficult temptations are from within:

Quote:
The Christian is to realize that he is not his own, but that he has been bought with a price. His strongest temptations will come from within...(BE 12/1/92)

Since if we had to endure any trial or temptation that Christ did not face, Satan would present the power of God as insufficient for us on that point, and since our most difficult temptations are from within, it must be that Christ endured these.

Quote:
Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life. (DA 49)

It would be absurd to interpret the history of Christ's earthly ancestors as dealing with things like hunger. He came with such a heredity as we have to share in our sorrow and temptations. Surely our sorrows and temptations are not limited to things like hunger.

Quote:
if we equated sin with selfish then arent we all born selfish and have to be taught to think of others? i mean we are not born automatically loving, are we?

We're not born God. God is agape. In order to reveal God to us, Christ came to our world. That we might better understand the revelation, Christ took our fallen nature upon His sinless nature.

thank you for answering, tho im still at the same place i was before. smile ill just have to stick with the conclusions im coming to.

i would like to point out that the difference, big difference, between Jesus and us is that we have given into temptation, from infancy, even birth. He did not have to battle indulged sins. so He didnt have to battle everything we have to battle. so, other than being completely human, He is not just like us. so, for me, it doesnt really matter whether He came with prefall or postfall humanity.

as for suffering hunger, for example, i can see where that could be a big comfort for those who are hungry and dying of starvation, since He also suffered that without giving into temptation to relieve it. so we have no excuse for sinning no matter what we are going through and i see that as the bible and the messenger of the Lords points.

if adam and eve had not sinned their children would not have been born "in sin", or automatically sinning, giving into temptation. they would not have been born selfish.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #112306
04/27/09 01:07 PM
04/27/09 01:07 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
I would like to point out that the difference, big difference, between Jesus and us is that we have given into temptation, from infancy, even birth.

Well, I don't know to what extent you can say a new born is "tempted" (can one be tempted from the womb? how about zygotes?), but certainly that Jesus Christ did not sin is a big difference.

I think you may be operating under a misconception. Postlapsarianism is not about Jesus being the same as us (if He weren't any different than us, He could be our Savior, and if we were any different from Him, we wouldn't need one), but about His taking our sinful nature upon His sinless nature. In Christ were united the natures of God and Adam the transgressor.

Quote:
He did not have to battle indulged sins. so He didnt have to battle everything we have to battle.

This isn't right. If you look at the Psalms, you can see His battles were like us. Take a look at Psalm 40, for example:

Quote:
7Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

9I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.

10I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.

11Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.

12For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.

13Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me. (Note esp. vs. 12)

A. T. Jones spoke of this concept a lot in the 1895 GCB sermons. E. J. Waggoner as well. Christ didn't simply take our nature, but He bore our sin as well, and not just on the cross, but throughout His whole life. You'll notice that the SOP tells us that it was Christ's bearing our sins that made His temptations so difficult (in the wilderness, I quoted this just a few posts ago).

Also, if you'll look at the DA 24 quote, you'll see it clearly affirmed that Christ endured every trial that we have to endure.

Quote:
So, other than being completely human, He is not just like us. So, for me, it doesnt really matter whether He came with prefall or postfall humanity.

It does matter, although you may not be aware as to why. But, again, it looks like you're suffering under a misconception because you keep speaking of Jesus not being like us.

Quote:
As for suffering hunger, for example, I can see where that could be a big comfort for those who are hungry and dying of starvation, since He also suffered that without giving into temptation to relieve it. So we have no excuse for sinning no matter what we are going through and I see that as the bible and the messenger of the Lords points.

But hunger is just a minor part of the sorrows and temptations we have. Remember that Christ took our fallen nature to share in our sorrows and temptations (as well as to reveal the Father to us).

Quote:
If adam and eve had not sinned their children would not have been born "in sin", or automatically sinning, giving into temptation. They would not have been born selfish.

That's true. Such is our nature. We may rejoice that Christ took that nature, overcame in that nature, and thus provided the way by which we may have victory in said nature.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Page 14 of 49 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 48 49
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!