HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: liane] #113190
05/16/09 10:32 PM
05/16/09 10:32 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: liane
Here again I will not make any comments, yet these verses and there are others as well. This is found in Numbers:

There's also a big list in Leviticus of sacrifices for sins of ignorance. Sins of ignorance required the death of a sacrifice.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: asygo] #113194
05/16/09 10:37 PM
05/16/09 10:37 PM
L
liane  Offline
Deceased Member (July 2009)
Bishop, CA
So regardless if the sin is willful or of ignorance there needs to be a sacrifice? Right?

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: liane] #113202
05/16/09 10:55 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
In response to liane's post, then wouldn't Christ's sacrifice have also been that sacrifice?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: liane] #113203
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
So regardless if the sin is willful or of ignorance there needs to be a sacrifice? Right?

I think so. "Christ died for our sins." Paul didn't say, "Christ died only for the sins you did on purpose."

Sin is more pervasive and destructive than many people imagine.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: Tom] #113207
05/16/09 11:14 PM
05/16/09 11:14 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
Let's look at what Donnell said:

Quote:
Now, we know that his divinity was holy, and if his humanity was holy, then we do know that that thing which was born of the virgin Mary was in every sense a holy thing, and did not possess the tendency to sin—R.S. Donnell, "Article Two", pp. 6,7.

Please note that part of his theology is that Christ "did not possess the tendency to sin." Now Donnell could have said this more accurately, as your previous comment brought out. What Donnell was really getting at was that Christ did not have hereditary tendencies to sin.

We know that you disagree with Donnell's position that "Christ did not have hereditary tendencies to sin." I can accept that.

But you keep bringing up this "whole fabric" argument, seeming to imply that every single thing they taught must be wrong. He said that Jesus was holy and righteous. Can't you agree with that?

He also taught that Jesus DID NOT have a sinful spiritual nature. Can't you agree with that?

If you can, then please say so. Just say, "Yes, Donnell was correct on that point." I'm certainly no Jones fan, but I can tell when he's correct. I even defend his correct assertions. Is it possible that Donnell was not completely wrong on every single point of doctrine?

But as it stands, you just seem contrarian to me, disagreeing with the person, rather than specific teachings. If that's the case, that's too bad, for all concerned.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: asygo] #113210
05/16/09 11:54 PM
05/16/09 11:54 PM
L
liane  Offline
Bishop, CA
the Sanctuary and all that took place with it was a model of Christ. Everything was an example to the Children of Israel and can be studied by us to learn from.

The sacrifice covered willful and ignorant sins just as Christ did for us. I believe it should be our prayer when confessing our sins and seeking forgiveness is for not just the willful sins, but the ones they do not know about. We need to be just as sorry about the sins of ignorance as we are for the ones that we know we did.

As stated by Sr. White: His sufferings and death Jesus has made atonement for all sins of ignorance.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: liane] #113214
05/17/09 12:17 AM
05/17/09 12:17 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
thats a good thought but how can we be repentent for sins we do not know we are committing. that is what asking for forgiveness consists of, doesnt it? we arent just asking God to forgive us for having done it, we are asking Him to bring us to the place where we do not want to do it ever again.

the people of israel brought their sin offering when their sins of ignorance become known to them.

Lev 5:2 Or if a soul touch any unclean thing, whether it be a carcase of an unclean beast, or a carcase of unclean cattle, or the carcase of unclean creeping things, and if it be hidden from him; he also shall be unclean, and guilty.
Lev 5:3 Or if he touch the uncleanness of man, whatsoever uncleanness it be that a man shall be defiled withal, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty.
Lev 5:4 Or if a soul swear, pronouncing with his lips to do evil, or to do good, whatsoever it be that a man shall pronounce with an oath, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty in one of these.
Lev 5:5 And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing:
Lev 5:6 And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned,....

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: teresaq] #113215
05/17/09 12:22 AM
05/17/09 12:22 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
"contrarian"

now that is a really neat descriptive word!!

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: teresaq] #113217
05/17/09 01:05 AM
05/17/09 01:05 AM
L
liane  Offline
Bishop, CA
Hi Teresaq:

It is not sins of ignorance that one comes to know, but to seek forgiveness for sins we do not know about.

Numbers is a prime example as I shared above:

15:27 And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.
15:28 And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.

We are all doing this and we do not know what they are, well not yet. We must always assume we do. Why? Because we are born into sin and it is easy to sin whether we know it or not.

What does Jer 17:9 say: 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

A prime example is the Laodicean condition we are in. We think we are doing just fine, but we are as filthy rags committing sins of ignorance while thinking we are doing good.

It is only when we follow the request of what to do can we see our sins of ignorance and change. Revelation: 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

The eyesalve so that we may see our sins of ignorance, then we truly will see.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: liane] #113218
05/17/09 01:12 AM
05/17/09 01:12 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Hi Teresaq:

It is not sins of ignorance that one comes to know, but to seek forgiveness for sins we do not know about.

Numbers is a prime example as I shared above:

15:27 And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.
15:28 And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.

i believe that this merely goes along with the levitical verses which came first. the person would have to have known that they had sinned, albeit after the fact.

but i do agree that we have many sins of which we are ignorant of. im old enough and have walked this walk long enough to know that, believe me!! smile

i think the morning and evening sacrifices were the general covering....

i think we may have different understandings about "forgiveness". i dont believe that sins i do not know about are held against me. the thief on the cross being an example. my understanding of forgiveness, tho, is as i stated it before, but maybe not so well. we are forgiven when we have repented, not just because we ask for it. the forgiveness in this case is the cleansing of the sin from my life. otherwise there will be an awful lot of unrepentent sinners in heaven fouling it up because, after all, they did ask for forgiveness even tho they werent repentent.

that is one meaning of "forgiveness". another is that God forgave-in that He did not hold a grudge against us- before adam and eve even sinned.

Reply Quote
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!