HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Re: SWINE FLU [Re: Green Cochoa] #120999
10/26/09 09:43 PM
10/26/09 09:43 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
If I go in to the hospital after a car accident in which my spleen has ruptured and the doctors must do surgery to stop the internal bleeding, I sure hope they use some anesthesia on me! Not doing so would be pointless.

Do you realize that in this case, drugs did not cure anything but only allowed the surgery to be performed more conveniently?

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: kland] #121009
10/27/09 04:50 AM
10/27/09 04:50 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: kland
If I go in to the hospital after a car accident in which my spleen has ruptured and the doctors must do surgery to stop the internal bleeding, I sure hope they use some anesthesia on me! Not doing so would be pointless.

Do you realize that in this case, drugs did not cure anything but only allowed the surgery to be performed more conveniently?

Of course I realize that. Are you saying that you would refuse the anesthesia if you needed to be cut open?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: SWINE FLU -- Obama declares national emergency! [Re: Suzanne] #121011
10/27/09 06:24 AM
10/27/09 06:24 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
10/26/2009
On Saturday, President Barack Obama declared the H1N1 influenza pandemic to be a national emergency. The statement from Obama issued by the White House reads as follows:

“Pursuant to section 201 of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1621), I hereby report that I have exercised my authority to declare a national emergency in order to be prepared in the event of a rapid increase in illness across the Nation that may overburden health care resources. This declaration will allow the Secretary of Health and Human Services, if necessary, to temporarily waive certain standard Federal requirements in order to enable U.S. health care facilities to implement emergency operations plans to deal with the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic in the United States. A copy of my proclamation is attached. Further, I have authorized the Secretary of Health and Human Services to exercise the authority under section 1135 of the Social Security Act to temporarily waive or modify certain requirements of the Medicare, Medicaid, and State Children's Health Insurance programs and of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Privacy Rule as necessary to respond to the pandemic throughout the duration of the public health emergency declared in response to the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic.”

Re: SWINE FLU -- Obama declares national emergency! [Re: dedication] #121012
10/27/09 06:53 AM
10/27/09 06:53 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
This declaration will allow the Secretary of Health and Human Services, if necessary, to temporarily waive certain standard Federal requirements in order to enable U.S. health care facilities to implement emergency operations plans to deal with the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic in the United States.

The declaration means that Kathleen Sebelius, the health and human services secretary, now has authority to bypass the human rights standard federal rules and implement any or all of the emergency actions the government wants to impose.

Re: SWINE FLU -- Obama declares national emergency! [Re: dedication] #121013
10/27/09 10:53 AM
10/27/09 10:53 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Here's an excerpt from a news piece I found online:

Quote:
In May, shortly after Health and Human Services officials declared swine flu a public health emergency, the FDA, in conjunction with the Federal Trade Commission, launched a crackdown on unapproved and unproven products.

While unsuspecting consumers might be attracted to the disease-fighting promises such products make, their manufacturers "are motivated by profit, not concern for public health," said Gary Coody, the FDA's national health fraud coordinator. Health officials say they are concerned that use of these unproven remedies might lead people to delay seeking medical attention and endanger the health of others.

Manufacturers are being told to immediately remove unproven claims or unapproved products from their Web sites and to respond to warning letters within 48 hours, instead of the usual 15 working days.

I liked the underlined part there. What is wrong with profit? This is capitalistic America, isn't it? Do you think Big Brother could tell us with a straight and honest face that the vaccine companies do NOT have this motivation for profit? It looks to me as though the government is just protecting its side business here--as usual, big pharma has good lobbyists.

I have seen it reported that the Swine Flu has proven fatal to fewer people than the average fatalities for the common seasonal influenza. Emergency?!

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: SWINE FLU -- Obama declares national emergency! [Re: Green Cochoa] #121019
10/27/09 12:35 PM
10/27/09 12:35 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
I have seen it reported that the Swine Flu has proven fatal to fewer people than the average fatalities for the common seasonal influenza. Emergency?!

What is disturbing about the H1N1 flu is that the fatalities happen more among young people than among elderly people. This is both intriguing and scaring.

Quote:
October 20, 2009 — H1N1 influenza has turned flu death statistics upside down, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed today.

In a normal flu season, 90% of deaths are in elderly people. But since September, 88% of deaths have been in people under age 65 — with almost a quarter of the deaths in young people under age 25.

"It is almost completely reversed. Nearly 90% of our fatalities are occurring in people under 65," CDC respiratory disease chief Anne Schuchat, MD, said at a news conference. "This illustrates this H1N1 virus is disproportionally affecting the young."

As might be expected from the death toll, most people hospitalized with severe H1N1 swine flu are young. Surveillance data from 27 states show that more than half of swine flu hospitalizations — 53% — are in people under age 25. Only 7% of people hospitalized with swine flu are elderly.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/711067

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: Daryl] #121021
10/27/09 01:14 PM
10/27/09 01:14 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Rosangela,

Did you watch the video here?

http://www.mercola.com/LT/track.asp?l=1324

It is VERY interesting and pertinent to Swine Flu. It is very educational. So interesting, in fact, that it seems in the past 6 days, the site has had about 400,000 hits. The lady explains the reason younger people are hit harder with this flu.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: Green Cochoa] #121023
10/27/09 01:34 PM
10/27/09 01:34 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Of course I realize that. Are you saying that you would refuse the anesthesia if you needed to be cut open?
I'm a little confused here. Are you talking about, "Drugs never cure disease"? I thought you were as you introduced the spleen right after quoting Ellen White about being able to recover without one grain of medicine.

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: Green Cochoa] #121029
10/27/09 02:07 PM
10/27/09 02:07 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
GC,

I had already heard the explanation that people over 65 already have antibodies against the H1N1 flu because of the 1918 pandemic. But wouldn't this be true only of people in their eighties?
Another thing is, the complication most people die of is pneumonia. I understand it to be bacterial pneumonia, not viral pneumonia. So why aren't antibiotics working in these cases?

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: kland] #121032
10/27/09 02:34 PM
10/27/09 02:34 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I'm a little confused here. Are you talking about, "Drugs never cure disease"? I thought you were as you introduced the spleen right after quoting Ellen White about being able to recover without one grain of medicine.

kland,

I too am confused, I guess. I thought you were talking about the anesthesia as a drug in your following post. The question here is, what, in your mind, is a "drug?" It appears that any unnatural liquid, pill, substance, supplement or potion would be classed as a "drug" by some here, and I had been led to see you as among them.

That Ellen White did not take such a radical view is evident when reading her teachings on the subject in their entirety--accepting both the more radical statements and their balancing ones on the other side. I agree she made some dramatic statements in regards to "drugs." However, from others of her statements I understand her scope of "drugs" to be more narrowly defined than some here choose to apply it.

Specifically, Mrs. White also speaks of "remedies" (including "natural remedies" but not limited to them) as being beneficial. It appears from the record we have, Mrs. White would have viewed vaccines as being "remedies" and not "drugs."

The Swine Flu vaccine, however, was not yet concocted in her day, and I make no attempt to say she would have advocated its use. To the contrary, I believe she would have put the balance to the issue of vaccines, and not advocated their injudicious use.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!