HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: The National Sunday law is near! [Re: Mountain Man] #123458
02/20/10 07:59 PM
02/20/10 07:59 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Crater, Mike, Kland,

The Science of the Devil must be linked with the Omega - it could be Spiritualism, as repeatedly forewarned.

"In the book Living Temple there is presented the alpha of deadly heresies. The omega will follow, and will be received by those who are not willing to heed the warning God has given." 1 Selected Messages 200.

So there's a link between Kellogg's heresy and the final deception. David Clayton assembled SDA sources to identify the Omega.

The Omega of Deadly Heresies:

http://www.restorationministry.com/video/omega.htm

Re: The National Sunday law is near! [Re: gordonb1] #123464
02/21/10 03:45 AM
02/21/10 03:45 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Gordon, I couldn't watch the entire video. What did he say the Omega is?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! [Re: gordonb1] #123476
02/21/10 06:29 AM
02/21/10 06:29 AM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
I watched the video but was cautious of the theological implications in regard to the trinity. Searching Ellen White's writings for clarification, I discovered her eloquently clear statement in DA p. 671 regarding the Holy Spirit as "the third Person of the Godhead." Unless I choose to become paranoid of Ellen's works or choose to disregard her works completely, the facts relating to the trinity are quite clear.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! [Re: Mountain Man] #123477
02/21/10 06:46 AM
02/21/10 06:46 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
I see a form of spiritualism in the environmental movement (as I have presented in previous posts) and tend to think it will have a role in making an enforced Sunday, day of rest (sacredness)!

Quote:
The theory that God is an essence pervading all nature is one of Satan's most subtle devices. It misrepresents God and is a dishonor to His greatness and majesty. Pantheistic theories are not sustained by the Word of God. . . . They gratify the natural heart and give license to inclination. [TESTIMONIES, VOL. 8, P. 291.] {NL 54.1}

The theory that God is an essence pervading all nature is received by many who profess to believe the Scriptures; but, however beautifully clothed, this theory is a most dangerous deception. It misrepresents God and is a dishonor to His greatness and majesty. And it surely tends not only to mislead, but to debase men. Darkness is its element, sensuality its sphere. . . . These theories, followed to their logical conclusion, sweep away the whole Christian economy. They do away with the necessity for the atonement and make man his own savior. [THE MINISTRY OF HEALING, PP. 428, 429.] {NL 54.2}

I have seen the results of these fanciful views of God, in apostasy, spiritualism, and free-lovism. The free love tendency of these teachings was so concealed that at first it was difficult to make plain its real character. Until the Lord presented it to me, I knew not what to call it, but I was instructed to call it unholy spiritual love. [TESTIMONIES, VOL. 8, P. 292.] {NL 54.3}

As in the days of the apostles men tried by tradition and philosophy to destroy faith in the Scriptures, so today,

by the pleasing sentiments of higher criticism, evolution, spiritualism, theosophy, and pantheism, the enemy of righteousness is seeking to lead souls into forbidden paths. . . . By spiritualism, multitudes are taught to believe that desire is the highest law, that license is liberty, and that man is accountable only to himself. [THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES, P. 474.] {NL 54.4}

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. Rev. 16:13, 14.

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation [the United States] will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {Mar 190.1}

Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions. While the former lays the foundation of spiritualism, the latter creates a bond of sympathy with Rome. The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience. . . . {Mar 190.2}

Papists, Protestants, and worldling will alike accept the form of godliness without the power, and they will see in this union a grand movement for the conversion of the world and the ushering in of the long-expected millennium. {Mar 190.3}

When our nation [the United States] shall so abjure the principles of its government as to enact a Sunday law, Protestantism will in this act join hands with popery; it will be nothing else than giving life to the tyranny which has long been eagerly watching its opportunity to spring again into active despotism. {Mar 190.4

Re: The National Sunday law is near! [Re: crater] #123489
02/21/10 05:33 PM
02/21/10 05:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
JCS, did he say lies about the trinity is the omega of apostasy?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! [Re: JCS] #123492
02/21/10 05:40 PM
02/21/10 05:40 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: JCS
I watched the video but was cautious of the theological implications in regard to the trinity. Searching Ellen White's writings for clarification, I discovered her eloquently clear statement in DA p. 671 regarding the Holy Spirit as "the third Person of the Godhead." Unless I choose to become paranoid of Ellen's works or choose to disregard her works completely, the facts relating to the trinity are quite clear.

Well, I come to believe that any writings, with a little time, can become cleverly twisted and interepretated to anything man wants to embrace. So I don't share the same perspective with you JCS in saying that it is so clear that EGW upheld the trinity. I don't want to bring a trinity debate here, but just want to understand what we will be facing in the end time's great deception.

I was intrigue to here that the video portrays the trinity as the "Omega Apostasy that followed". I don't have any sound on my computer, so I can't watch it. Could you or someone else expand how this guy comes to this conclusion? I'm just a little puzzled of this conclusion.

I thought that the "Alpha Apostasy" was introducing Pantheism in the medical missionary work. Ellen White correctly saw the medical missionary work as being the most important for it was the right hand of the gospel which emphasizes that it is God that heals us. This belief unifies the gospel workers with the medical missionary work.

However by introducing Pantheism, therefore it was dissociating the gospel anchorage of the health message. Pantheism teaches that God is in all, so there is power in everything. Therefore the concept of the "Body can heal itself" in today’s Naturopathic philosophy of healing is totally Pantheistic. Today our church has embraced the Pantheistic teachings when it comes to our health message and it is preached at the pulpit. We as members has lost the strength, power, and beauty of our health message which Ellen clearly understood, wrote, and worked so hard to establish by erecting many sanitarium.

Coming back to the Alpha Apostasy being Pantheism, so I've heard from many that Spiritualism is the Omega.

If Spiritualism is the Omega :

Q1. Then how can we make a clear differentiation between "spiritualism" from having the "Spirit of God" living in us?

Q2. Then could it be that Spiritual Formation be in some way Satan's last days deception?

Q3. I don't want to knock down the possibility that the Trinity doctrine could be the Omega. If so, then in what way that is the Omega? Does this doctrine introducing Spiritualism?

Q4. And How Spiritualism link up with the Sabbath or Sunday Observance? (I know that answer!)

Blessings
Re: The National Sunday law is near! [Re: Elle] #123520
02/22/10 02:00 PM
02/22/10 02:00 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
After seeing some of the recent surge in evolutionism, especially when seen among those who say they are Adventists, I have begun to see some intriguing parallels to the Alpha apostasy. Could this be the Omega?

Alpha Apostasy = Pantheism. God is in everything, and part of everything, whether animate or inanimate. God is inextricably involved.

Theistic Evolution = a twist on pantheism. God is inextricably involved with all life and matter, while at the same time not having any special concern for it. God "creates" through long, drawn out processes which He somehow controls.

What is the problem with believing that God is in everything (pantheism)? It leads to carelessness in our worship. We can worship God by adoring any part of His creation. Or, conversely, we don't even need to worship God, or go to church (His house), since we ourselves have His presence in us already, and He is all around us.

What is the problem with believing in Theistic Evolution (possibly the Omega)? It leads to carelessness in our worship of yet another sort--it leads us to view God as intelligent, but not particularly caring or loving. We don't need to care about all of His creatures or all people, since God uses "natural means" (survival of the fittest) to perfect His creation. It is not necessary to control ones procreative urges so much since, after all, that is part of the cycle of life and tied into God's command to "be fruitful and multiply."

Pantheists would say that since God is inside us, we can trust our own intelligence and reason, and that one need only have faith in himself or herself, for he or she represents God as much as any other part of the Universe.

Evolutionists would say that based on our own intelligence and reason, science and "facts" are superior to faith. Sound similar to pantheism?

In short, both pantheism and theistic evolution lead people to take less notice of God's laws and to take liberties which are not in accordance with Scripture. Both belief systems undermine the special love of God toward fallen man.

Does Mrs. White link the Omega apostasy in some way with the Sunday law?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The National Sunday law is near! [Re: Green Cochoa] #123530
02/22/10 06:36 PM
02/22/10 06:36 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
GC, that's the question isn't it - Will the omega of apostasy cause people to legislate and enforce the observance of the Sunday Sabbath and the desecration of the Seventh-day Sabbath?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! [Re: Mountain Man] #123531
02/22/10 06:45 PM
02/22/10 06:45 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Elle, evil angels will certainly work through spiritualism to deceive people into legislating and enforcing the Sunday Sabbath and to deceive them into persecuting those who honor and keep the Seventh-day Sabbath (this one is a huge leap as most believers recoil at such a thought, that is, that they will one day seek to kill Sabbath-keepers, although I suspect they would enjoy killing the terrorists who killed people on 9/11).

Re: The National Sunday law is near! [Re: Mountain Man] #123540
02/22/10 07:27 PM
02/22/10 07:27 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Elle, evil angels will certainly work through spiritualism to deceive people into legislating and enforcing the Sunday Sabbath and to deceive them into persecuting those who honor and keep the Seventh-day Sabbath (this one is a huge leap as most believers recoil at such a thought, that is, that they will one day seek to kill Sabbath-keepers, although I suspect they would enjoy killing the terrorists who killed people on 9/11).
Hi MM. For sure the end time wicked will work through spiritualism and anything else to enforce whatever. But before working through Spiritualism or Pantheism or etc... it needs to establish a system of belief based on that false doctrine in the mind of the people to work through it. When Ellen White was talking about the Alpha Apostasie, she was talking about a doctrine that was coming into the Church and also prevailed into the world. Once a "false" doctrine is well establish, then the deceptive one will work through it.

So Spiritualism, as far as I perceive it, is the next doctrine Satan is establishing in this world and in our Church which we can see in the "Spiritual Formation" thread. Us as a Church, are we already deceived into this doctrine by having our own doctrines already impermuated with these? If not, then this false doctrine will have minimal effect on us, because we will be able to perceive the truth from error.

However, if nuances of Spiritualism is already mixed in our doctrines, then we are in trouble.

That's why we need to define what is the Truth first about the Spirit of God, and make a sharp contrast with what the teachings of Spiritualism will bring to deceive us.

And in regards to the Sabbath, how does the doctrine of Spiritualism would effect the true worship of Sabbath keeping.

Blessings
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!