HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 39 1 2 36 37 38 39
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #123765
03/02/10 04:17 PM
03/02/10 04:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The trend of Moses' life indicates he would be welcomed in heaven with open arms. But you didn't answer my question.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #123832
03/05/10 04:25 AM
03/05/10 04:25 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
MM:Was Moses' sin not a part of his character? If not, does that mean you believe it wasn't recorded in the book and that, therefore, it wasn't necessary for Jesus to write "pardon" next to it?

T:Ellen White says the character is not formed by the occasional good deed or misdeed, but by the trend of the life. What do you think the trend of Moses' life was?

M:The trend of Moses' life indicates he would be welcomed in heaven with open arms. But you didn't answer my question.

The sin would only have been recorded in the books of heaven if it was a part of his character.

You quoted earlier from the SOP that no one could go to heaven with unrepented registered sins, right? So if the trend of Moses' life is such that his character was in harmony with God, then clearly he had not unregistered unrepented sins, and sinning while dieing, before having the chance to repent, would not have changed this because the character is not revealed by the occasional good deed or misdeed, but by the trend of one's life.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #123839
03/05/10 05:09 PM
03/05/10 05:09 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, do you really believe certain sins are not recorded in the books above, that certain sins do not require repentance, that certain sins do not require pardon? Ellen wrote:

By every sin Jesus is wounded afresh . . . {DA 300.3}

Every sin is an offense against God, and is to be confessed to Him through Christ. {GW 216.3}

Every sin must be renounced as the hateful thing that crucified the Lord of life and glory . . . {NL 28.1}

It is the privilege of all who comply with the conditions to know for themselves that pardon is freely extended for every sin. {FLB 134.4}

Go to your rest at night with every sin confessed. {9T 48.3}

The guilt of every sin pressed its weight upon the divine soul of the world's Redeemer. {FLB 101.3}

Every sin acknowledged before God with a contrite heart, He will remove. {7BC 970.14}

The least deviation from its requirements, by neglect or willful transgression, is sin, and every sin exposes the sinner to the wrath of God. {1SM 218.2}

As soon as the books of record are opened, and the eye of Jesus looks upon the wicked, they are conscious of every sin which they have ever committed. {GC 666.2}

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #123857
03/07/10 01:40 AM
03/07/10 01:40 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM, did you read what I posted from Waggoner? Did that make sense?

I haven't been saying that there isn't a record of sins in heaven, but that the record isn't the important thing, the character is. Does this not make sense?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #123873
03/07/10 04:05 PM
03/07/10 04:05 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
Quote:
Though all the record of all our sin, even though written with the finger of God, were erased, the sin would remain, because the sin is in us. Though the record of our sin were graven in the rock, and the rock should be ground to powder—even this would not blot out our sin.

The blotting out of sin is the erasing of it from nature, the being of man.

The erasing of sin is the blotting of it from our natures, so that we shall know it no more. "The worshippers once purged"[Hebrews 10:2, 3]—actually purged by the blood of Christ—have "no more conscience of sins," because the way of sin is gone from them. Their iniquity may be sought for, but it will not be found. It is forever gone from them—it is foreign to their new natures, and even though they may be able to recall the fact that they have committed certain sins, they have forgotten the sin itself—they do not think of doing it any more. This is the work of Christ in the true sanctuary (The Review and Herald, September 30, 1902).

MM, did you read what I posted from Waggoner? Did that make sense?

I like his insight that after Jesus blots out our record of sin it no longer occurs to us to sin. But I totally disagree with the idea that we will be able to recall the specific sins that were blotted out. I agree with Ellen that "once purged" means having "no more conscience of sins", that is, no more "remembrance" of the specific sins we committed.

Quote:
T: I haven't been saying that there isn't a record of sins in heaven, but that the record isn't the important thing, the character is. Does this not make sense?

We're talking about whether or not the sins we commit are recorded in the books in heaven. Do you believe "every sin" we commit is recorded in the books in heaven? Or, do you believe certain sins are not recorded, that certain sins do not require repentance, that certain sins do not require pardon written next to them in the books in heaven?

By the way, yes, character is what matters in judgment. It is what determines our eternal destiny. But I'm not addressing this particular aspect of final judgment.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #123886
03/07/10 09:36 PM
03/07/10 09:36 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:MM, did you read what I posted from Waggoner? Did that make sense?

M:I like his insight that after Jesus blots out our record of sin it no longer occurs to us to sin. But I totally disagree with the idea that we will be able to recall the specific sins that were blotted out.

Of course we'll be able to remember what we've done. God doesn't give us a lobotomy.

Quote:
I agree with Ellen that "once purged" means having "no more conscience of sins", that is, no more "remembrance" of the specific sins we committed.

No more remembrance of sins not confessed, because all known sins have been confessed. She not saying God gives us a lobotomy.

Quote:

T: I haven't been saying that there isn't a record of sins in heaven, but that the record isn't the important thing, the character is. Does this not make sense?

M:We're talking about whether or not the sins we commit are recorded in the books in heaven. Do you believe "every sin" we commit is recorded in the books in heaven? Or, do you believe certain sins are not recorded, that certain sins do not require repentance, that certain sins do not require pardon written next to them in the books in heaven?

I don't agree with this way of looking at things (i.e., what I'm perceiving from you.) How I think things should be looked at is simple. The books of heaven faithfully record the character of each one.

Quote:
By the way, yes, character is what matters in judgment. It is what determines our eternal destiny. But I'm not addressing this particular aspect of final judgment.

I think the books of heaven are only concerned with heaven, so it's not possible to address the books of heaven in regards to the final judgment without addressing character.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #123901
03/08/10 02:38 AM
03/08/10 02:38 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
The books of heaven faithfully record the character of each one.

I'm not sure how this answers my questions. Here they are again. Please explain to me how it answers each one. Thank you.

1. Do you believe "every sin" (see quotes above) we commit is recorded in the books in heaven?
2. Or, do you believe certain sins are not recorded . . .
3. that they do not require repentance . . .
4. that they do not require writing pardon next to them in the books in heaven?

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #123903
03/08/10 05:35 AM
03/08/10 05:35 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
MM.

BTW, in your comments you quoted a lot of EGW quotes.

Do you believe that her writings is always correct and in harmony with the apostles, always biblical?

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #123905
03/08/10 06:16 AM
03/08/10 06:16 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
BTW, I have a serious question and need your advice.

In northern part of the world like Canada, sunset is very late at night and emerge very early in the morning. Some times there is only 2 hours dark night, is that correct?

Then, how are you keeping your Sabbath day? Still 24 hours? if so, what is your time started and finished> or, just as according the sunset and sunrise? This mean, some time you will have only 2 hours Sabath, and maybe in Arctic area, no Sabbath at all?

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #123912
03/08/10 04:09 PM
03/08/10 04:09 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
MM.

BTW, in your comments you quoted a lot of EGW quotes.

Do you believe that her writings is always correct and in harmony with the apostles, always biblical?

In His love

Without a doubt! What about you? Do you believe Jesus spoke through her like He did the apostles? Or, do you think when explaining salvation truths she at times weaved in her own uninspired opinions thus compromising the truth?

Page 38 of 39 1 2 36 37 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!