HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Investigative Judgment #12890
03/29/05 03:10 PM
03/29/05 03:10 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
quote:
This began in 1844. The dead in Christ Jesus were judged first and then the living began. The blotting out of sins is also referred to as the sealing of God's people.
Cheri, a closer look at this doctrine makes it clear that the IJ of the living hasn't begun yet. And, the blotting out of the record and memory of specific sins and the latter rain and the sealing are all separate aspects of end time events. They are not one and the same thing. This distinction is quite important.

Re: Investigative Judgment #12891
03/30/05 04:01 AM
03/30/05 04:01 AM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
Thomas,

I see the quotes that I used are directly to the point. Maybe because Israel of old was mentioned, you do not think it applies now....We are the modern israel by adoption. Spiritual Israel the saints are called and the typical cleansing of the santuary [blotting out of sins] meets antitypical when the heavenly sanctuary is also cleansed. This cannot take place until the end of the investigative Judgement and the close of probation just before Jesus comes.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Also--- I read "the times of refreshing" are the same as "the Latter rain"...according to the Biblw and the SOP. When I use the SOP that is full of Bible texts...I feel I have served both references.

God Bless

Re: Investigative Judgment #12892
03/29/05 05:07 PM
03/29/05 05:07 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Brother Mike,

I see that I have lacked putting in one word on my sentence, perhaps this will help.

I said:
quote:

The blotting out of sins is also referred to as the sealing of God's people.

I should have said:

The blotting out of sins is also refered to as the sealing message of God's people.

Sorry for the error.

Tell me, what have you all thought about Brother WC White's letter?

Thank you,
Sister Cheri

Re: Investigative Judgment #12893
03/29/05 08:51 PM
03/29/05 08:51 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
SR 378
As the sins of the people were anciently transferred, in figure, to the earthly sanctuary by the blood of the sin offering, so our sins are, in fact, transferred to the heavenly sanctuary by the blood of Christ. And as the typical cleansing of the earthly was accomplished by the removal of the sins by which it had been polluted, so the actual cleansing of the heavenly is to be accomplished by the removal, or blotting out, of the sins which are there recorded. This necessitates an examination of the books of record to determine who, through repentance of sin and faith in Christ, are entitled to the benefits of His atonement. The cleansing of the sanctuary therefore involves a work of investigative judgment. This work must be performed prior to the coming of Christ to redeem His people, for when He comes, His reward is with Him to give to every man according to his works. (Rev. 22:12.) {SR 378.2}

According the Life Sketches, chapter 16 (XVI), pages 116-119 the "sealing message" embraces all three of the 3AMs, not just the first angels message regarding the blotting out of sins during the IJ. The sealing that happens when the angel seals saints with the writers inkhorn takes place during the MOB crisis, and happens after their record and memory of specific sins are blotted out. The latter rain and loud cry is the result of these numbered and sealed saints boldly proclaiming the 3AMs during the little time of trouble before probation closes. As their numbers swell the message swells to a loud cry.

Re: Investigative Judgment #12894
03/29/05 11:23 PM
03/29/05 11:23 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Zec 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
Zec 3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
Zec 3:3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
Zec 3:4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
Zec 3:5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.
Zec 3:6 And the angel of the LORD protested unto Joshua, saying,
Zec 3:7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

This portrays beautifully the issues at stake.

Joshua had a righteousness which was filthy (sinful). This righteousness was in his mind and heart. It was not just history. He was still wearing that filthy garment. The Lord is there about the business of Salvation, Satan is there to resist the Lord.

The change of Garment represents the Lord imparting to us his righteousness and taking away ours. This is not just a wiping out of history. This is an exchange of heart and mind. This is the Lord imparting to Joshua his judgments and thoughts and spirit. Joshua gives up his garment and receives Christ’s. Garment represents righteousness; not in the form of history; but rather in the form of what we live and judge by.

How does Satan resist the Lord, in the process of exchange of our garment - even our righteousness? Chiefly through our heart and mind; by accusations, by misrepresentations of God’s character; by misrepresentations of God’s justice; by misrepresentations of what God is going to do to us; by discouraging us in thinking we are too sinful-God will not receive us; by temptations and doubt; but mostly by trying to scare us from trusting our savior enough to let him take away our filthy garment and give us his glorious one.

This is being done to the living and the living only. It is happening now and it is happening all around you.

Shalom

Re: Investigative Judgment #12895
03/29/05 11:26 PM
03/29/05 11:26 PM
J
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Have we successfully taken information that was supposed to rouse the living to cease from self and let God into their life, to a point where the doctrine has ensured that Christ is doing nothing for the living now?

Is Christ ministering anything to the living today, while he is in the MHP?

Re: Investigative Judgment #12896
03/30/05 12:15 AM
03/30/05 12:15 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
John B., once again your ideas and insights contradict the SOP. Please read 5T 472-476 and you will readily see what I mean. What she wrote about Joshua and the Angel is very much different than what you posted here.

For example, it is too late to exhange our filthy rags for Christ's robe of righteousness when our name comes up during the investigative judgment. If we haven't already made the exchange before then we are eernally lost. Jesus will blot out our names, rather than our sins.

Your thoughts regarding the exchange are valid IF we apply them to the proper time and event. The IJ is not the time to make the exchange. The IJ is the time when Jesus determines whether or not the exchange was made. Our thoughts, words, motives, and behaviour - our character - is the evidence that stands for or against us in judgment. We are judged according to our words and works. By their fruits ye shall them.

Ecclesiastes
12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether [it be] good, or whether [it be] evil.

Romans
14:10 For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
14:11 For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

2 Corinthians
5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad.

Revelation
20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Re: Investigative Judgment #12897
03/30/05 12:39 AM
03/30/05 12:39 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
quote:
John B., once again your ideas and insights contradict the SOP.
Mike, please just present your ideas without the pontifications. If you disagree with something, fine, but please use some tact. For example, "John B, the thoughts you are presenting do not appear to me to be in harmony with the Spirit of Prophesy presents."

Re: Investigative Judgment #12898
03/30/05 01:10 AM
03/30/05 01:10 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Okay.

Re: Investigative Judgment #12899
03/30/05 03:37 AM
03/30/05 03:37 AM
J
Dedicated Member
Ontario
quote:
For example, it is too late to exchange our filthy rags for Christ's robe of righteousness when our name comes up during the investigative judgment. If we haven't already made the exchange before then we are eternally lost. Jesus will blot out our names, rather than our sins.

Your thoughts regarding the exchange are valid IF we apply them to the proper time and event. The IJ is not the time to make the exchange. The IJ is the time when Jesus determines whether or not the exchange was made. Our thoughts, words, motives, and behaviour - our character - is the evidence that stands for or against us in judgment. We are judged according to our words and works. By their fruits ye shall them.

Precisely my point Mike, You see the IJ is going on. You and I are living and have come into existence while it is going on. When will you exchange your garment, if not now? When will you let Christ impart to you his judgments and his righteousness, if not now? For if you wait till your name comes up, it is too late! There is a wonderful work of Salvation that Christ is ministering from the MHP.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!