HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 5 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133195
05/04/11 02:01 AM
05/04/11 02:01 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
kland,
Well, I consider that all the occurrences of the 1260 days and similar expressions (3.5 times, 42 months) refer to the same time period.
Of course different numbers would refer to different time periods, although this doesn't mean there can't be some overlapping between them.
But if I believed that the 1260 days of Dan. 12 had not yet met their fulfillment, I would still believe that it would refer to 1260 years (in this case, in the future). IOW, supposing the 3.5 times of Dan. 12 were different from the 3.5 times of Dan. 7, if the 3.5 times of Dan. 7 were interpreted as 1260 years, the same would apply to the 3.5 times of Dan. 12 - that is, you must have a consistent pattern of interpretation, even if one of the periods is past and the other one is future. This is what I was trying to point out.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #133196
05/04/11 02:15 AM
05/04/11 02:15 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
What about Ellen White? She believed that Miller's and Smith's views on the past fulfillment of the trumpets was correct. She endorsed the teaching of Josiah Litch on the fulfillment of the sixth trumpet in The Great Controversy. But she saw no inconsistency in urging a future application to the trumpets. But will this convince you Roseangela?

Mark,
I'm not sure EGW believed Miller's and Smith's view of the trumpets was correct, or that she endorsed the teaching of Josiah Litch about the 6th trumpet (which seems to include a mistake). Neither am I certain that she makes a future application of the trumpets. In fact, I have no definite position about the trumpets. What I don't believe is correct is to consider that a prophecy has a double fulfillment with two different patterns of interpretation - one figurative and the other literal. Either both would have to be figurative, or both literal.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #133199
05/04/11 09:29 AM
05/04/11 09:29 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick

Let us read and study the twelfth chapter of Daniel. It is a warning that we shall all need to understand before the time of the end.--15 MR 228 (1903). {LDE 15.4}

So interesting that SDA's generally accept it as a fact that all prophetic time stopped in 1844 and the servant of the Lord states that we must understand Daniel 12 "before the time of the end" and that very chapter has a portion relating to prophetic time that is applicable to the time of the end.

We short ourselves so many blessings because we don't study and thus we don't understand.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #133200
05/04/11 09:43 AM
05/04/11 09:43 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation [the United States] will disconnect herself fully from righteousness.... {Mar 199.3}

It states in the intro [MAR]"REFERENCES DIRECTING THE READER TO THE ORIGINAL SOURCES APPEAR AT THE CLOSE OF THE VOLUME. THE SCRIPTURE INDEX INCLUDES ONLY THE VERSE CHOSEN WITH EACH READING."

On my CD the references are not at the close of the volume. This compilation does not reflect an accurate presentation of the sequencing of endtime events. As a compilation, it reflects the opinions of the compilers

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133201
05/04/11 11:06 AM
05/04/11 11:06 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
If we are to study Daniel and Revelation because "it is a warning that we shall all need to understand before the time of the end" suggests to me that not all has been revealed or at least known. While we as a church have evangelistic meetings that go over Daniel and Revelation, do we as a church "study" them?

I took the counsel literally. Instead of studying the programmed studies that our church relies on, I studied Daniel verse by verse.

A huge book resulted (Defying Destiny 2001). Then I compared that study of the Bible to the Spirit of Prophecy in a second book (Daniel's Apocalyptic Code Revealed [400-pages]). Then I revised it [DACR] to omit redundancy of Spirit of prophecy quotations and I dumbed it down for those who were just not up to date on Daniel, Revelation and current events (Put-Out the Light). But I never could interest our Church publishers in even reviewing the material.

They said that they had plenty of material on this topic. I protested that it was all a rehash of older material and not up to date. Case closed.

Since then I wrote The Last Church Meets the Obama-Nation, which is not a verse by verse study but a short overview of endtime events as found in Daniel and Revelation. And the Lord has led me to an SDA church member that has taken the time to read it and compare it to Daniel and Revelation. He is so impressed that he is buying and distributing them to his friends and family. And the Lord is upon their hearts.

27 April 2011 I published Echoes of Doomsday. The story behind that book is fascinating. Short version. As a struggling author, I lost my house to the bank. Dec 2010 I was compelled to move. I had no money. God allowed me to find a buyer for the house, arrange for the sale, and keep a fee for transacting the transfer.

Echoes of Doomsday explains the 1260, 1290, and 1335-days in Daniel and gives the date that the Abomination of Desolation was set up, by whom, and what happened on day 1335. Things that everyone who is up to date on Bible prophecy should know, but that SDA's are woefully ignorant of. It also looks at earth, fire, wind, and water (earthquakes, wildfires, tornadoes, and floods) how active they were in America before the Abomination of Desolation was set up and after. The increase is phenomenal.

The very day that book was published - a few hours after publication a massive tornado tore the roof off the house that I had been compelled to move from. It was sitting empty. I was miles away and in no danger. Within 5 days the owner had a temporary roof on it - just in time for yesterday's rain.

I gave this material to my pastor a few weeks before I moved. He brushed me off. I followed up and I stressed how important it was for us to know this information and to give the trumpet the right sound at the right time. I told him it was a salvation issue. If I am believing and teaching a lie, my salvation is at stake. And if it is present truth, and he hides from the light that God is giving him for this hour, he will fail to give the warning that is needed NOW. He put me off again. 27 April at about 6 PM my pastor's house that was a few thousand feet from the one God moved me out of was demolished by the tornado. From the road it looks like it weathered the storm, but he tells me that the structure was so damaged that he will have to have it torn down.

There is an elderly Christian couple whose house is next door to my old house. She read the material and told me that she did not understand everything I had shared, but thanked God that people were searching for light to see us through to the kingdom. After the storm, her house was an oasis. Perfectly manicured lawn, nothing out of place. They had a few shingles blown off, but God preserved their home intact.

God only knows why He moved me away before the storm. And why the pastor's house was totaled. And why this couple had no damage (their daughter's house was completely wiped off its concrete slab -damaged worst of any) God knows. But I would not assume that the events of 27 April did not reflect God's will. Not a life was lost in that neighborhood, but some people were awakened to the fact that the end of all things can come when it is least expected.

Ignorance is not humility, it is stupidity. Satan would have us blinded to what we need to know until it is too late for the information to do us any good. As it was in the days of Noe, it is working that way today. The attitude that has engulfed the Church is "I'll wait and see." And as it was in Noe's day those that wait and see, will see when it is too late to do anything.

Here's a link if anyone is interested in the warning message
http://stores.lulu.com/DanielsRevelation

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: gordonb1] #133202
05/04/11 11:12 AM
05/04/11 11:12 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: gordonb1

Only certain parts are reviewed, silence or confusion upon the rest.
Daniel 10, 11, 12. No credible consensus and little new since the pioneer days.

I would say tremendous insights are available, but Laodicea is so satisfied with what it has, it refuses to look further.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Rosangela] #133203
05/04/11 11:23 AM
05/04/11 11:23 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Mark and kland,
I don't see the double fulfillment of time prophecies as having a basis. If you think that the seven trumpets, in the same way as the plagues, weren't yet fulfilled, and that they probably will have a future fulfillment, this is OK to me. What I don't see as OK is saying that they had a historic fulfillment but will have also a future fulfillment. This is mixing historicism with futurism. Like when it is said that the 1260 days are both 1260 years in the past and 1260 days in the future. This is completely inconsistent. Still worse, it smells like Ford's apotelesmatic principle.

Originally Posted By: EGW
Those who become confused in their understanding of the Word, who fail to see the meaning of antichrist, will surely place themselves on the side of antichrist. There is no time now for us to assimilate with the world. Daniel is standing in his lot and in his place. The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood. They interpret each other. They give to the world truths which every one should understand. These prophecies are to be witnesses in the world. By their fulfillment in these last days they will explain themselves. {7BC 949.6}

Originally Posted By: EGW
The light of prophecy still burns for the guidance of souls, saying, "This is the way, walk ye in it." It [The light of prophecy] shines on the pathway of the just to commend, and on the way of the unjust to lead to repentance and conversion. Through its agency sin will be rebuked and iniquity unmasked. It [The light of prophecy] is progressive in the performance of its duty to reflect light on the past, the present, and the future. {ML 42.2}

We should ever study the word to discover what God says but never to make it say what we think.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133204
05/04/11 11:29 AM
05/04/11 11:29 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
This is mixing historicism with futurism.
Might want to define those terms.

Quote:
Like when it is said that the 1260 days are both 1260 years in the past and 1260 days in the future. This is completely inconsistent. Still worse, it smells like Ford's apotelesmatic principle.

Are there one or two 1260s? I believe there is only one 1290 and 1335. But, could there be two 1260s? If the 1290 relates to the 1260 and the 1290 applies to the future, and we know the 1260 applies to the past, then could it mean there are two 1260s?

And if the 1290 doesn't apply to the future, then what part of Daniel 12 "is a warning that we shall all need to understand before the time of the end"?

Since I document more than one 1260 I know it is not limited as others would have it. The 1290-day that once applied to the future has recently been fulfilled as well. Thus the 1290 is a historical fact now, but it is not ancient history - very recent history.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #133209
05/04/11 03:01 PM
05/04/11 03:01 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Since I document more than one 1260 I know it is not limited as others would have it. The 1290-day that once applied to the future has recently been fulfilled as well. Thus the 1290 is a historical fact now, but it is not ancient history - very recent history.

This just confirms what I said in my post #132986. For His Child this prophecy has been fulfilled recently. Others put its fulfillment still in the future. Once people abandon the Historicist method and start looking for multiple fulfillments, the interpretation of prophecies becomes something arbitrary and subjective.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Rosangela] #133213
05/04/11 03:38 PM
05/04/11 03:38 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
In the historicist view, there is a figurative interpretation of the time periods of eschatological prophecies (a day for a year). Thus, these prophecies have a long-range nature. In the futurist view, there is a literal interpretation of the time periods of eschatological prophecies (a day for a day). Thus, these prophecies have a short-range nature. For historicists, all eschatological time-prophecies have already been fulfilled; for futurists, none of them has been fulfilled yet. It’s obvious that both methods are incompatible and can’t be mixed. You must have a standard to interpret eschatological time periods – either literally or figuratively; it can’t be both.

Even if there were two, either both would have to be literal, or both figurative.

This sounds good until it is studied as the means to an end. It does not fit the facts.

Revelation 10 states "time shall be no longer." This is not the end of prophetic time. It is the end of the 2300-years identified in Daniel 8:14 that was to culminate in the Advent of Christ in 1844. In prophetic time: a day is a year. Thus it was the end of the 2300-years, at which time the book of Daniel was to be opened. When the 2300-years ended the Adventists were disappointed because Jesus did not return.

"The message given by Miller and his associates announced the termination of the 2300 days of Daniel 8:14... {GC88 351.1}." "The time of...second advent—was definitely pointed out." (GC88 328.2)" “But the time of expectation passed. This was the first close test brought to bear upon those who believed and hoped that Jesus would come in the clouds of heaven. {LS80 184.3}"

Immediately after Revelation 10 states "time shall be no longer" Revelation 11,12,13,14, etc., make references to time. Thus since time can be considered in terms of a day for a year (long-time) when time is encountered in Revelation that is to apply to a length of time after 1844 when time shall be no longer, it is not being cited as longtime, but literal time.

Example 42-months in Rev. 13 were 1260-years (538-1798) then when applied to the papacy after the wound was healed (post-1929) it is literal time a day for a day. Thus man's understanding that time has to be either longtime or literal is not as God would have us reason.

Unfortunately, man's wisdom has a way of skewing that which is plain. That becomes a real problem if man takes the position that he is right no matter what God says. And the devil is ready to encourage man to justify his conclusions rather than continuously verify the facts to be sure he is in harmony with the Divine rather than promoting a private interpretation.

Quote:
If the 1290 relates to the 1260 and the 1290 applies to the future

Why would it apply to the future?

Because the prophecy did not fulfill all the prerequisites in the past. Study Revelation 13 carefully. The 42 months of years 1260-years from 538-1798 were fulfilled before the deadly wound was healed. The passage states
Originally Posted By: Revelation 13:3-5
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

After the wound was healed THEN the world wondered after him - did not happen while he was wounded. Then the world (Apostate Protestants) worshiped the dragon. THEN the healed beast was allotted 42-months. That is how I read it because that is what aligns with recent history.

Quote:
And if the 1290 doesn't apply to the future, then what part of Daniel 12 "is a warning that we shall all need to understand before the time of the end"?

he future[/quote]
The passage says:

The people of God need to study what characters they must form in order to pass through the test and proving of the last days. Many are living in spiritual weakness and backsliding. They know not what they believe. Let us read and study the twelfth chapter of Daniel. It is a warning that we shall all need to understand before the time of the end. There are ministers claiming to believe the truth who are not sanctified through the truth. Unless a change comes in their lives, they will say, "My Lord delayeth His coming." {15MR 228.2}

To me, Ellen White is referring simply to "the test and proving" of character that will occur before/during the time of trouble mentioned in v. 1, 10. The emphasis in the passage is not time periods, but character.

That is how so many SDA's read it. but it is a spiritual weakness to overlook the fact that the development of character revolves around faith. As historicists, they go by sight in what has been done rather than faith in what God says will be done in the endtime. Thus when it takes faith to believe that 1290-days will come to pass in the endtime, they have no faith in that fulfillment, because by sight they see it fulfilled in the past. So when SDA's in the endtime are called upon to develop a character that rests upon the sure word of prophecy and that trusts in the Omnipotent, they struggle with a faith that believes God's word and one that assumes to believe what God has done in the past.

The Holy Spirit is surely needed now more than ever before if we are to rightly divide the word of truth and not be ashamed when Jesus Comes.

Page 5 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!