HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,955 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 17 of 35 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 34 35
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133785
05/25/11 08:43 PM
05/25/11 08:43 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: kland
I'm not aware where EGW applied the 1335 days. Could you quote where she applied 1335 days to a time other than the future?

(Of course I did not say that she did.) Indeed she did not apply it herself, but as seen in the ‘Hewit correcting statement’ (6MR 251.2), she ascribed to and generally endorsed the application of others who saw that it transpired from 508-1843 A.D. (e.g., William Miller, Uriah Smith (Daniel & Revelation, 330-332ff), others can be seen in the Pioneers section of the EGW CDROM) .

She also said:

Originally Posted By: SOP RH, November 1, 1850 par. 10
The Lord showed me that the 1843 chart was directed by his hand, and that no part of it should be altered; that the figures were as he wanted them. That his hand was over and hid a mistake in some of the figures, so that none could see it, until his hand was removed.

And since she saw this time period as only applying to the past, and other applications of it were ‘great errors’, then I indeed do not see that ‘she applies it to the future’, as your question implies. And this “future’ of course would be her own immediate future, i.e.,within the upcoming time in her lifetime when she at first believed Jesus would return.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133788
05/26/11 12:16 AM
05/26/11 12:16 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I'm not aware where EGW applied the 1335 days. Could you quote where she applied 1335 days to a time other than the future?

She applied the 1335 to the past as fulfilled. She wrote:

Quote:
One week ago, last Sabbath, we had a very interesting meeting. Brother Hewit from Dead River was there. He came with a message to the effect that the destruction of the wicked and the sleep of the dead was an abomination within a shut door that a woman Jezebel, a prophetess had brought in and he believed that I was that woman, Jezebel. We told him of some of his errors in the past, that the 1335 days were ended and numerous errors of his. It had but little effect. His darkness was felt upon the meeting and it dragged. {16MR 208.3}

"the 1335 days were ended"

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Mountain Man] #133794
05/26/11 05:45 AM
05/26/11 05:45 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Ellen White specifies in several places the kinds of future preditions that are not allowed - the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, the close of probation, the return of Christ. One category that she left out from those three that are off limits is specific periods of persecution. If the early church was warned of periods of persecution in advance more than once, it seems consistant that we would also be given similar warnings. One of those warnings that we need to understand according to Ellen White is in Daniel 12 IMO.

"Let us read and study the twelfth chapter of Daniel. It is a warning that we shall all need to understand before the time of the end.--15 MR 228 (1903). {LDE 15.4}

Do you have in mind the 1260, 1290, and 1335 time prophecies?

The warning in Daniel 12 including the time elements should be studied not only according to Ellen White but also acording to our Lord.
Quote:
"So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. . . Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. Mat. 24.
IMO here Christ directly refers us to the removal of the daily and the setting up of the abomination in Daniel 12.
Quote:
Dan 12:11 And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days.
If someone came to me and pointed out that our Lord directs us to this particular warning, I hope I'd look into it even if I had a preconception of what that passage means.

What's the warning? It's the Divine instruction of when to flee. We don't want to do it too late and it's also important not to do it too soon. I believe these passages tell us when the time is ripe.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #133795
05/26/11 05:58 AM
05/26/11 05:58 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Sorry for using the ESV in quoting Daniel 12:11 above. Here it is in the KJV:
Quote:
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

I'll not be able to participate in the future as much as I have been lately. Carry on friends. Remember the blessing:

Quote:
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. Rev. 1:3.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #133796
05/26/11 09:58 AM
05/26/11 09:58 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
The warning in Daniel 12 including the time elements should be studied not only according to Ellen White but also acording to our Lord.

IMO here Christ directly refers us to the removal of the daily and the setting up of the abomination in Daniel 12.

Originally Posted By: Bible Dan 12:11
And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days.

Of course the warning for the period of future persecution should be studied today however “our Lord” also injunctively, directly told us through the SOP not to include time elements in those studies. That quasi-literally is Jesus speaking recently to update his instructions to believers living in the time of the end. You still have not explained why you do not see those SOP statements as valid.

Originally Posted By: Bible Matt 24:15(-)20
"So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. . . Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. Mat. 24.

I have studied this passage in depth for my work on the 70 Weeks, and on top of clearly seeing that the (literally, i.e., rightly translated) “most abhorring part of the desolation that was spoken by the prophet Daniel” was pointedly the utter end in war of the prolonged 31-66 A.D. “desolation” of the Temple” (Matt 23:38) which Daniel had spoken about in Dan 9:26b & 27b, I’ll add here that the ‘most abhorring part of the desolation’ prophesied in Dan 12:11 is allusively clearly referring to the one mentioned 11:31. And this 11:31 antichrist set up “abomination” is not the same in spiritual nature, Theological meaning and fulfillment process as the Dan 9:26b & 27b one that Jesus Christ declared in 31 A.D. as a result of His anti-type Sacrifice. Furthermore, the 11:31 event had its timed 1290-day fulfillement from 508-1798 A.D. And as stated above, though it will have another Eschatological fulfillement, Jesus clearly said through EGW that it then will not involve definite time

If someone came to me and pointed out that our Lord directs us to this particular warning, I hope I'd look into it even if I had a preconception of what that passage means.

What's the warning? It's the Divine instruction of when to flee. We don't want to do it too late and it's also important not to do it too soon. I believe these passages tell us when the time is ripe.

I Biblically see that this desire for indifferent insistence for time among some SDA believers today is a fulfillment of Christ’s statement in Matt 16:4. Why does one need to know ‘when to flee and/or how long persecution will last? I can only see it out of base thinking and desires. The objective, indeed God’s aim by remove the now fully understood element of time for Eschatological fulfillments, is so that His True Believers will be motivated by higher Spiritual reasons such as daily seeking to do what is right and following God’s will in faith, rather than only (spuriously) doing so because they had figured out/known the time.

And we were supposed to have long ago already been in a position/location to be removed from the harm that can be done to believers living in cities, and work those. Most SDA’s have just chosen not to heed that warning for various base reasons. Indeed the outpost method, (which is what the NJK Project is based on, in the current fuller extension of that SOP counsel), would prove to be much more impactful successful than the current one, i.e., in terms of distinctive spiritual witness, economical advantage and facilitated gospel/humanitarian works. The SOP counsel here was indeed not to ‘flee the cities when the 1290 days are about to start’ but to, in obedient faith, leave the cities long before that. But like Lot, many have instead chosen the “greener pastures” of the cities.

It all proves that, despite professions of a great hope and desire to see Christ return, most of the Church, indeed just judging by the number of current city dwellers, really does not believe that, and it indeed just waiting for a sign (e.g., Sunday Laws) before the begin to obey. That is not the faithless and unspiritual attitude that God is looking for in a (potentially) ‘Last Generation’.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #133804
05/26/11 07:30 PM
05/26/11 07:30 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Mark, I'm convinced the specific time aspects of Dan 12 were fulfilled in the past and have no bearing on the future.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Mountain Man] #133806
05/26/11 08:48 PM
05/26/11 08:48 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Quote:
One week ago, last Sabbath, we had a very interesting meeting. Brother Hewit from Dead River was there. He came with a message to the effect that the destruction of the wicked and the sleep of the dead was an abomination within a shut door that a woman Jezebel, a prophetess had brought in and he believed that I was that woman, Jezebel. We told him of some of his errors in the past, that the 1335 days were ended and numerous errors of his. It had but little effect. His darkness was felt upon the meeting and it dragged. {16MR 208.3}

Mark, I'm convinced the specific time aspects of Dan 12 were fulfilled in the past and have no bearing on the future.

MM, about the 1335 days she spoke of to Hewit, was that correcting one of his errors or was that one of his errors? That is, could there be some ambiguity there?
his errors ...(phrase)...and numerous errors

One idea of determining such is to consider if everything EGW said was without ambiguity or if some things were a little awkward to today's English. If so, then this could be one of those statements. However, when she says:
Quote:
"Let us read and study the twelfth chapter of Daniel. It is a warning that we shall all need to understand before the time of the end.--15 MR 228 (1903). {LDE 15.4}
What should we make of that? Why did she specifically say we should read and study the 12th chapter, that it's a warning, if it was already in the past? Especially in 1903 way past 1843? What warning do you see in there that she would specifically call our attention to?

And the site NJK pointed to seem to also suggest the future.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133810
05/26/11 09:51 PM
05/26/11 09:51 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
MM, about the 1335 days she spoke of to Hewit, was that correcting one of his errors or was that one of his errors? That is, could there be some ambiguity there?

One idea of determining such is to consider if everything EGW said was without ambiguity or if some things were a little awkward to today's English.

As already posted, I have addressed the ‘Hewit’ statement in detail here (Search for “Hewit”), including this crucial suppose ambiguity. There are links to others who also address that statement. As shown there it is indeed working from what is elsewhere clear in EGW’s writings that help to concretely understand her statement about Hewit.

Originally Posted By: SOP LDE 15.4
"Let us read and study the twelfth chapter of Daniel. It is a warning that we shall all need to understand before the time of the end.--15 MR 228 (1903).

kland:What should we make of that? Why did she specifically say we should read and study the 12th chapter, that it's a warning, if it was already in the past? Especially in 1903 way past 1843? What warning do you see in there that she would specifically call our attention to?

I see that she was warning to “read and study” the unfulfilled parts of that Chapter which indeed has key warnings as to what one needs to do to be prepared from the consummation of the GC spoken in 12:1a, such as: 12:1b; 3; 10. The portions contain times which were all fulfilled historically namely (vss. 7, 11, 12) also refer to events which will be fulfilled again before the end, but this time without definite time. Studying the historical fulfillments is very helpful to understand and perceived the Eschatological refulfillment.

This also shows that EGW saw future refulfillments of historical prophecies but without time elements as she was directly instructed.

What site are you referring to?? The one for the 1843 chart was Miller’s chart for historical, i.e., up to 1843 fulfillments.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133819
05/27/11 02:34 PM
05/27/11 02:34 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

Quote:

One idea of determining such is to consider if everything EGW said was without ambiguity or if some things were a little awkward to today's English. If so, then this could be one of those statements. However, when she says:
Quote:
What should we make of that? Why did she specifically say we should read and study the 12th chapter, that it's a warning, if it was already in the past? Especially in 1903 way past 1843? What warning do you see in there that she would specifically call our attention to?

Seems to me we should understand the phrase "the 1335 days were ended" (508-1843) in light of the Millerite Time Chart she endorsed. The warning in Dan 12 includes the close of probation. Jesus will stand up and cease interceding on our behalf. "When He leaves the sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor." {GC 614.1} She also wrote and warned:

Quote:
Solemn are the scenes connected with the closing work of the atonement. Momentous are the interests involved therein. The judgment is now passing in the sanctuary above. For many years this work has been in progress. Soon--none know how soon--it will pass to the cases of the living. In the awful presence of God our lives are to come up in review. At this time above all others it behooves every soul to heed the Saviour's admonition: "Watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is." Mark 13:33. "If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee." Revelation 3:3. {GC 490.1}

When the work of the investigative judgment closes, the destiny of all will have been decided for life or death. Probation is ended a short time before the appearing of the Lord in the clouds of heaven. Christ in the Revelation, looking forward to that time, declares: "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelation 22:11, 12. {GC 490.2}

The righteous and the wicked will still be living upon the earth in their mortal state--men will be planting and building, eating and drinking, all unconscious that the final, irrevocable decision has been pronounced in the sanctuary above. Before the Flood, after Noah entered the ark, God shut him in and shut the ungodly out; but for seven days the people, knowing not that their doom was fixed, continued their careless, pleasure-loving life and mocked the warnings of impending judgment. "So," says the Saviour, "shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Matthew 24:39. Silently, unnoticed as the midnight thief, will come the decisive hour which marks the fixing of every man's destiny, the final withdrawal of mercy's offer to guilty men. {GC 491.1}

"Watch ye therefore: . . . lest coming suddenly He find you sleeping." Mark 13:35, 36. Perilous is the condition of those who, growing weary of their watch, turn to the attractions of the world. While the man of business is absorbed in the pursuit of gain, while the pleasure lover is seeking indulgence, while the daughter of fashion is arranging her adornments--it may be in that hour the Judge of all the earth will pronounce the sentence: "Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting." Daniel 5:27. {GC 491.2}

"At that time shall Michael stand up, the great Prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the book." Daniel 12:1. {GC 613.1}

When the third angel's message closes, mercy no longer pleads for the guilty inhabitants of the earth. The people of God have accomplished their work. They have received "the latter rain," "the refreshing from the presence of the Lord," and they are prepared for the trying hour before them. Angels are hastening to and fro in heaven. An angel returning from the earth announces that his work is done; the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received "the seal of the living God." Then Jesus ceases His intercession in the sanctuary above. He lifts His hands and with a loud voice says, "It is done;" and all the angelic host lay off their crowns as He makes the solemn announcement: "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." Revelation 22:11. Every case has been decided for life or death. Christ has made the atonement for His people and blotted out their sins. The number of His subjects is made up; "the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven," is about to be given to the heirs of salvation, and Jesus is to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords. {GC 613.2}

When He leaves the sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor. The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed, and Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent. God's long-suffering has ended. The world has rejected His mercy, despised His love, and trampled upon His law. The wicked have passed the boundary of their probation; the Spirit of God, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one. Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the earth into one great, final trouble. As the angels of God cease to hold in check the fierce winds of human passion, all the elements of strife will be let loose. The whole world will be involved in ruin more terrible than that which came upon Jerusalem of old. {GC 614.1}

"All need a knowledge for themselves of the position and work of their great High Priest. Otherwise it will be impossible for them to exercise the faith which is essential at this time or to occupy the position which God designs them to fill. Every individual has a soul to save or to lose. Each has a case pending at the bar of God. Each must meet the great Judge face to face. How important, then, that every mind contemplate often the solemn scene when the judgment shall sit and the books shall be opened, when, with Daniel, every individual must stand in his lot, at the end of the days. {GC 488.2}

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Mountain Man] #133827
05/27/11 08:46 PM
05/27/11 08:46 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Click to reveal..

[quote=kland]I'm not aware where EGW applied the 1335 days. Could you quote where she applied 1335 days to a time other than the future?

Quote:

Quote:

Seems to me we should understand the phrase "the 1335 days were ended" (508-1843) in light of the Millerite Time Chart she endorsed. The warning in Dan 12 includes the close of probation. Jesus will stand up and cease interceding on our behalf. "When He leaves the sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor." {GC 614.1} She also wrote and warned:

Quote:
Solemn are the scenes connected with the closing work of the atonement. Momentous are the interests involved therein. The judgment is now passing in the sanctuary above. For many years this work has been in progress. Soon--none know how soon--it will pass to the cases of the living. In the awful presence of God our lives are to come up in review. At this time above all others it behooves every soul to heed the Saviour's admonition: "Watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is." Mark 13:33. "If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee." Revelation 3:3. {GC 490.1}

When the work of the investigative judgment closes, the destiny of all will have been decided for life or death. Probation is ended a short time before the appearing of the Lord in the clouds of heaven. Christ in the Revelation, looking forward to that time, declares: "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelation 22:11, 12. {GC 490.2}

The righteous and the wicked will still be living upon the earth in their mortal state--men will be planting and building, eating and drinking, all unconscious that the final, irrevocable decision has been pronounced in the sanctuary above. Before the Flood, after Noah entered the ark, God shut him in and shut the ungodly out; but for seven days the people, knowing not that their doom was fixed, continued their careless, pleasure-loving life and mocked the warnings of impending judgment. "So," says the Saviour, "shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Matthew 24:39. Silently, unnoticed as the midnight thief, will come the decisive hour which marks the fixing of every man's destiny, the final withdrawal of mercy's offer to guilty men. {GC 491.1}

"Watch ye therefore: . . . lest coming suddenly He find you sleeping." Mark 13:35, 36. Perilous is the condition of those who, growing weary of their watch, turn to the attractions of the world. While the man of business is absorbed in the pursuit of gain, while the pleasure lover is seeking indulgence, while the daughter of fashion is arranging her adornments--it may be in that hour the Judge of all the earth will pronounce the sentence: "Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting." Daniel 5:27. {GC 491.2}

"At that time shall Michael stand up, the great Prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the book." Daniel 12:1. {GC 613.1}

When the third angel's message closes, mercy no longer pleads for the guilty inhabitants of the earth. The people of God have accomplished their work. They have received "the latter rain," "the refreshing from the presence of the Lord," and they are prepared for the trying hour before them. Angels are hastening to and fro in heaven. An angel returning from the earth announces that his work is done; the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received "the seal of the living God." Then Jesus ceases His intercession in the sanctuary above. He lifts His hands and with a loud voice says, "It is done;" and all the angelic host lay off their crowns as He makes the solemn announcement: "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." Revelation 22:11. Every case has been decided for life or death. Christ has made the atonement for His people and blotted out their sins. The number of His subjects is made up; "the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven," is about to be given to the heirs of salvation, and Jesus is to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords. {GC 613.2}

When He leaves the sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor. The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed, and Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent. God's long-suffering has ended. The world has rejected His mercy, despised His love, and trampled upon His law. The wicked have passed the boundary of their probation; the Spirit of God, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one. Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the earth into one great, final trouble. As the angels of God cease to hold in check the fierce winds of human passion, all the elements of strife will be let loose. The whole world will be involved in ruin more terrible than that which came upon Jerusalem of old. {GC 614.1}

"All need a knowledge for themselves of the position and work of their great High Priest. Otherwise it will be impossible for them to exercise the faith which is essential at this time or to occupy the position which God designs them to fill. Every individual has a soul to save or to lose. Each has a case pending at the bar of God. Each must meet the great Judge face to face. How important, then, that every mind contemplate often the solemn scene when the judgment shall sit and the books shall be opened, when, with Daniel, every individual must stand in his lot, at the end of the days. {GC 488.2} [/quote]

Quote:
Maybe you or JAK could help interpret that chart. While I do see the number, 1335, I cannot read much of the text and see nothing relating it to the future or past. It seems to only relate to the 1290 days. She did say there were errors in the chart. That is, could there be some ambiguity there?
By her making the statements: his errors ...(phrase)...and numerous errors
Could that phrase relate to the errors before and after it?

Do you disagree with the commentary and others that the first 4 verses of chapter 12 really belong in chapter 11? If you agree they belong in 11, do you think EGW knew that and/or when she referred to needing to understand the 12th chapter of Daniel before the time of the end, did she mean only the first 4 verses and not the remainder?

Page 17 of 35 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 34 35

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!