HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 25 of 35 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #134119
06/03/11 11:45 PM
06/03/11 11:45 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Quote:
SDA's reason that since the seal of God is a spiritual settling into the truth, that the Mark of the Beast is a spiritual mark.

But as I posted earlier, the Spirit of Prophecy clearly states that it is receiving something in the hand or forehead.
How does one determine if the mark is symbolic or literal?

Generally the context. When John speaks of seeing a beast with 7 heads and ten horns, we know that has to be symbolic because no such critter exists.

But when he speaks of the beast's head getting wounded, we know that that could be symbolic or literal. Symbolically, the papacy was wounded and the wound was healed in 1929. Then when the prophecy met its final fulfillment, Pope John-Paul II was literally wounded and that wound was healed. And after his physical healing, Reagan healed the papacy's political wound on America's behalf by recognizing J-P II as head of church and state.
The secret is to study to show yourself approved of God a workman rightly dividing the word of truth and prayerfully seeking the aid of the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth. And to study correctly, we have to be willing to yield to the Spirit's leading. When we cling to our opinions the Spirit will finally leave us to the idols of our choosing and the light will move away from us leaving us in darkness.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Mountain Man] #134120
06/04/11 12:15 AM
06/04/11 12:15 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: His child
His Child, I am totally convinced you will be as disappointed as was Harold Camping. When President Obama and Pope Benedict leave office before Jesus returns I hope you will not give up on Jesus.

I would rather be disappointed like William Miller, than to be disappointed as the antediluvians in Noah's day. But Jesus did say that it would be as it was in the Days of Noe. And He also gave the parable of the 10 Virgins to tell us that some will wake up TOO LATE.

I have studied to show myself approved of God rightly handling the word of truth and telling all who will listen. As a watchman, I have given the Present Truth trumpet the right sound at the right hour. But it is up to those who have ears to hear. LET THEM HEAR, but if they will not, their blood will be on their own heads as it is written, the watchman will be clear.

Thank you. I'm happy to know you will remain faithful to Jesus should your interpretation of prophecy fail to fulfill. President Obama will, mostly likely, be leaving office 20 Jan 2013. If he isn't reelected is that date the last day your interpretation of prophecy can be fulfilled? Or, do you have backup plan to accommodate time beyond the end of President Obama's presidency? Also, what would you say if Pope Benedict should die or be replaced before 20 Jan 2013?

Thank you MM. On the ascension year model the old king's last year runs through New Year's Day of the new year that follows his last year. Since Obama could leave office on 20 January 2013, it is possible using that model that an American President could follow him from 20 Jan 2013 until no later than 1 Jan 2014. Or if the March New Year's day is applied a post Obama President could be in office for less than three months.

Regarding Pope Benedict, when he is removed from office Pope John-Paul II (Satan impersonating him) becomes the head of the papacy.

And all this is in the context that sin is only allowed 6,000-years and the Spirit of Prophecy clearly states that the time of trouble spoken of by Daniel has begun. When America defaults on its debt and Mr.Obama is compelled to implement a monetary reform as Roosevelt did in the 30's when he abolished the gold standard, things will go faster. Remember final events will be rapid ones.

But my being faithful is not that cut and dry. By faith I see what I share. And by faith I understand that those that do not take the time to check it out will cast their shadow over the truth. That is like throwing feathers of doubt to the wind. After the wind stops blowing, it is not possible to gather all the feathers.

We may recover from the damage done by our words of doubt, but other souls might be eternally lost because of our unbelief. Yet the scriptures foretell that many will cling to the truth-bears with flatteries. I have many pastors that praise my studies and tell me to keep up the good work, but they don't lift a finger to confirm the facts and share it themselves.

That was what led James White to become so discouraged in ages past. He knew that there were people that could help with the labor that were sitting on the sidelines so to speak.

Have you ever wondered why there are so many people coming out of the woodworks with dates of th Second Coming? HC is the third this year in case you have nto been counting. Satan knows his time is short and by having many voices crying wolf, he is desensitizing people to truth. Thus as in the story of the boy that cried wolf, when the wolf was there, no one believed.

Even so Come Lord Jesus, Come
His child

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #134124
06/04/11 12:40 AM
06/04/11 12:40 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: NJK Project

Originally Posted By: His child
The two witnesses in the endtime are Daniel and Revelation.

Originally Posted By: SOP
The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood. They interpret each other. They give to the world truths which every one should understand. These prophecies are to be witnesses in the world. By their fulfillment in these last days they will explain themselves. {7BC 949.6}

Why is this so??? Because there are: ‘2 books’ and EGW mentions ‘witnesses”?? If EGW had this understanding I think she would have plainly said so herself. I.e., “The two witnesses in the endtime are Daniel and Revelation.”...

Originally Posted By: EGW
Even the prophets who were favored with the special illumination of the Spirit, did not fully comprehend the import of the revelations committed to them. The meaning was to be unfolded, from age to age, as the people of God should need the instruction therein contained. {GC88 344.1}

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #134125
06/04/11 01:30 AM
06/04/11 01:30 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Great His child. That of course is always possible. Now address the substantive part of that question. I.e., How does the book of Daniel and Revelation fulfill the prophetic indicators of the identity of the Two Witnesses in Rev 11?

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #134133
06/04/11 03:19 AM
06/04/11 03:19 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: His Child
On the ascension year model the old king's last year runs through New Year's Day of the new year that follows his last year. Since Obama could leave office on 20 January 2013, it is possible using that model that an American President could follow him from 20 Jan 2013 until no later than 1 Jan 2014. Or if the March New Year's day is applied a post Obama President could be in office for less than three months.

Regarding Pope Benedict, when he is removed from office Pope John-Paul II (Satan impersonating him) becomes the head of the papacy.

I don't understand your comments about President Obama, if he leaves office 20 Jan 2013, continuing until 1 Jan 2014. How is that possible? Is George Bush still President?

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #134149
06/04/11 08:42 PM
06/04/11 08:42 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Great His child. That of course is always possible. Now address the substantive part of that question. I.e., How does the book of Daniel and Revelation fulfill the prophetic indicators of the identity of the Two Witnesses in Rev 11?

How about this:
Quote:
And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Here the two witnesses are referred to as 'these two prophets'. While the two witness are the Old and New Testements, they especially represent the prophetic portions of Daniel and Revelation. But the meaning is still broader than this.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #134167
06/05/11 12:59 AM
06/05/11 12:59 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Mark: My view is that that portion of Rev 11 was not pointedly fulfilled in the Historical fulfillment of that prophecy. Therefore as the Two Witnesses then were generally the Old and New Testament, that “prophets” specification was not pointedly seen. Nonetheless as this is still, “the Bible” and thus the “Word of God” it is synonymous with “prophets”, with ca. 25% of the Bible being those direct “prophetic words” (2 Pet 2:20, 21 - cf. Post #133870).

In the Eschatological Fulfillment, as these more pointedly represent (the mission and message of) Moses and Elijah, they are readily seen as two prophets. And actually, if it was Daniel and John were being so allusively depicted in the text as Moses and Elijah were, their prophecies could be seen as the fulfillment.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #134185
06/06/11 03:19 AM
06/06/11 03:19 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

Seems to me, from your perspective that this then is a major problem as ‘prophetic time is ticking by’ if not ‘has already passed by’. If as you claimed, started to preach the Loud Cry in 2007, then why haven’t other associated prophetic developments to this Latter Rain event, including as per you, “timed prophecies”, also transpired?? It seem to me that you are needing time to reset your prophetic studies and its ‘clock.’

you did not understand my reply. when I set up the gmail account for Loud Cry Publishing. Loud cry was already taken. They gave me several suggestions as I recall, but it was 2007 at the time and I went with loudcry.2007....

The more I read of your replies to my postings, the more I feel like I am being attacked by the accuser of the brethren. But if the Jews of Christ's day treated Him as they did, who am I to expect any different from the members of the Church that I have worked for for so many years and supported so sacrificially?

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Mountain Man] #134186
06/06/11 03:47 AM
06/06/11 03:47 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: His Child
On the ascension year model the old king's last year runs through New Year's Day of the new year that follows his last year. Since Obama could leave office on 20 January 2013, it is possible using that model that an American President could follow him from 20 Jan 2013 until no later than 1 Jan 2014. Or if the March New Year's day is applied a post Obama President could be in office for less than three months.

I don't understand your comments about President Obama, if he leaves office 20 Jan 2013, continuing until 1 Jan 2014. How is that possible? Is George Bush still President?

In Bible times a king's reign was calculated one of two ways. His ascension year was his first year or he got credit for his final year in its entirety.

The ascension year method: old king dies, new king in office sometime after New Years Day. New king gets credit for entire year and on the next New Years Day, he begins his second year.

Last year method: old king dies, new king in office sometime after New Years Day. Old king gets credit for his entire last and on the next New Years Day, the new kings begins his first year.

So when a king dies after new year's day he either gets that year as his first year or he has to wait for New year's day to begin his reign. Thus with either system, if a king were to come into office on June 1 and leave office on November 20, he would not even be counted since the old king or the new king that is in office on New Year's Day would completely overshadow the short timer king.

so if Obama leaves office after New Years day the next president by one Bible standard would not be counted until he reached New years day (January 1, 2014). Or if the Hebrew Calendar was used New Years day falls on (February 11, 2013).

So depending of what New Year's day is used the length of time for the post-Obama President could be a month or about 11 months after Mr. Obama is out of office.

But since Mr. Obama is the last President identified in bible prophecy, I expect we will see more evidence of prophecy fulfilled before we reach those dates. As I read it Iran is going to attack America in the near future. And then Mr Obama will have a personality change.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #134187
06/06/11 03:50 AM
06/06/11 03:50 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick

How about this:
Quote:
And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Here the two witnesses are referred to as 'these two prophets'. While the two witness are the Old and New Testements, they especially represent the prophetic portions of Daniel and Revelation. But the meaning is still broader than this.

You hit the nail on the head Mark.
While Daniel and John are being fulfilled right in front of our noses, many people are denying the very things that they are predicting that are coming to pass.

Page 25 of 35 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!