HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,127 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: kland] #123000
01/19/10 02:11 PM
01/19/10 02:11 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Elle
Kland, I have answered your single question 4 times (if not 5) and you failed to even share with me why my answer where unsatisfactory until the 5th round and only share what your thoughts then. You did not come straight forward with me, as you pretend.
Have you considered there may be a language barrier?
Ooops, another question. wink

What? Another question!!! Grrrr! wink wave
A language barrier? Hmmm... Maybe.
Maybe it's also because we need to adjust to each others "style" of communication as this is really the first time we got into a discussion.

Really, I like when people asking questions and I do it many time also, but I like that the point(s) or directions where you are going with the question to be share clearly. But when the same question is asked over and over, without sharing your point, then I view that(could be an erronous-non-intential view smile ) as a tactive to bring someone to where you want to lead them to prove your point. Perhaps I should of been more patient with this instead of being honest with you.

So, kland, please forgive me for accusing you of trickery as I will take your word that there was no such things.

I value your interest to look into this even thought you disagree. Your dissagreement is just typical because I know this view is outside the SDA view box. I wasn't expecting nor wanted to go very far with this, but it is quite an interesting study. However, I'm a bit busy this week and I'll get back to you on this by Friday evening or Sabbath.

Blessings
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Elle] #123003
01/19/10 03:12 PM
01/19/10 03:12 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I might also suggest that it is a view outside most non-SDA circles. Hence, I would assume one would expect many questions.

Another thing you may consider is "Sons of God". You mentioned a few places. While commentaries may not determine what truth is, they are helpful in looking at other verses. Although the exact phrase "Sons of God" may only be used in a few places depending on which version you use, the idea is used in more places. Maybe Sons of the Lord, God's sons, sons of Israel, children of God, etc. A question to ask, and I mean this by sharing the exact direction where I'm going as plain as day wink , are any of those places used in a negative way? You have to exclude Genesis 6, as that is what's under discussion. Also, why exclude the New Testament? If you can find half, or even several supporting a negative view of Sons of God, then I would have to consider your view. If not, what would exclude my view and that of the majority of commentators?

Others do have this view. I was surprised when I first heard it. I searched and researched it and I, at least, haven't found any support.

Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: kland] #123050
01/23/10 06:48 PM
01/23/10 06:48 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I might also suggest that it is a view outside most non-SDA circles. Hence, I would assume one would expect many questions.
I wouldn’t know if your statement here is true. Can you support this with facts? All I know my Bible commentary seems to hold that there are two current interpretation of “Sons of God”: angels or "Christian Men”. However I see that the later interpretation doesn’t harmonize as well with the context as the former.

Quote:
Another thing you may consider is "Sons of God". You mentioned a few places. While commentaries may not determine what truth is, they are helpful in looking at other verses. Although the exact phrase "Sons of God" may only be used in a few places depending on which version you use, the idea is used in more places. Maybe Sons of the Lord, God's sons, sons of Israel, children of God, etc.

I use the Hebrew words in the search, so it is not dependant on bible version nor english translation. Really, there’s very few instances and all refers to Angels in the OT. Sons of Israel wouldn’t apply to this situation as these are sons of man.

I did stumble on another good text which I did miss previously and it is found in Ps 82 and it is talking about the fallen angels again.
Originally Posted By: Bible Ps 82

1. God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
2. How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
3. Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4. Deliver the poor and needy: rid [them] out of the hand of the wicked.
5. They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6. I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.
7. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8. Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Notice v.7 that is bolded, they shall fall like men, so these beings are not men, but angels. Also v.1 it describes them as a congregation of "the mighty".

A question to ask, and I mean this by sharing the exact direction where I'm going as plain as day , are any of those places used in a negative way? You have to exclude Genesis 6, as that is what's under discussion.
Did you find any Kland? If you did, then bring them forth for I didn’t.

Quote:
Also, why exclude the New Testament?
In the New Testament we have the manifestation of Jesus Christ which brought the understanding of the doctrine of adoption. By adoption we become “sons and daughters of God. However, at the creation only Adam was considered a Son of God as he was created by God himself. Eve was formed from Adam and the offsprings were born of man. The angels were created by God, so that’s why they carry the title of “Sons of God”.

Quote:
If you can find half, or even several supporting a negative view of Sons of God, then I would have to consider your view. If not, what would exclude my view and that of the majority of commentators?
Let’s say that there are some other text showing that Sons of God can also mean “Christian men”, but you are still facing that it can also as well mean angels. So you still have two possibilities here and the only way to determine which one fits the picture best is to consider the context of what Genesis 6 is saying.

Blessings
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Elle] #123086
01/25/10 07:28 PM
01/25/10 07:28 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I have Bible software from a non-SDA source. It has several commentaries. I believe blue letter bible would be similar.

Quote:
I use the Hebrew words in the search, so it is not dependant on bible version nor english translation. Really, there’s very few instances and all refers to Angels in the OT. Sons of Israel wouldn’t apply to this situation as these are sons of man.

For 1121 I get 3654 verses.
For 430 I get 2249 verses.

For 1121 and 430 I get 287 verses.

Since we are defining what Sons of God are, can you say Israel doesn't apply since they aren't what you think Sons of God is? (Just to be clear and straightforward, I don't think so)

Quote:
Notice v.7 that is bolded, they shall fall like men, so these beings are not men, but angels. Also v.1 it describes them as a congregation of "the mighty".
Am I understanding you to say children of the most high are angels? If men are considered sons of God, could angels also be included as sons of God? Are men and angels (good ones) sons of God? Any reason why they both wouldn't be included?

I did not find any place where Sons of God is used in a negative way. Therefore it would be odd to use it in Genesis 6 in a negative way. Meaning, these Sons of God used there would be used in a good way. Either good angels, or good men.

Quote:
The angels were created by God, so that’s why they carry the title of “Sons of God”.
But I thought that's what we were talking about. I don't see how we can conclude that by using the verse under discussion. Do you think the doctrine of adoption was not throughout the old testament?

I have considered the context and it is quite clear and apparent to me that God's sons, which is the purpose of the Bible to teach us to be God's sons, mixed with the heathen, which was instructed for people not to do in the rest of the Bible.

Many places there is instruction about not marrying the heathen for they would teach God's people wrong. Is there some reason you think Genesis 6 is not talking about what God's people repeated through the rest of the Bible and why it should not be done?

The context does not fit, that good angels, which do not marry, married men, and their chromosomes matched and produced offspring. Then, because of the choice good angels made, God's "spirit shall not always strive with man". And the flood came.

Is 43:6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' And to the south, 'Do not keep them back!' Bring My sons from afar, And My daughters from the ends of the earth-

Is 45:11 Thus says the LORD, The Holy One of Israel, and his Maker: "Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons; And concerning the work of My hands, you command Me.

Jer 10:20 My tent is plundered, And all my cords are broken; My children have gone from me, And they are no more. There is no one to pitch my tent anymore, Or set up my curtains.

Prov 7:1 My son, keep my words, And treasure my commands within you.
(And more in Proverbs. Was this meaning Solomon's son, or us? If us, are we Solomon's son or God's son?)

Eze 16:20,21 Moreover you took your sons and your daughters, whom you bore to Me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your acts of harlotry a small matter, That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?

Hosea 11:1 "When Israel was a child, I loved him, And out of Egypt I called My son.

(God called Israel His son. What does Israel mean - He will rule as God, a symbolical name of Jacob. This tells me that it's a symbol for God)

Mt 2:15 and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, "Out of Egypt I called My Son."

Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: kland] #123087
01/25/10 08:47 PM
01/25/10 08:47 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Kland, Very nice arguments! However, I really don't want to get into it. So, let's agree to disagree.

Let's trust in the Lord to teach us all things. It was nice discussing with you.

Blessings
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Elle] #123102
01/26/10 03:33 PM
01/26/10 03:33 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Another line of reasoning you may use is to use your same arguments but insert "Martians" in place of angels to see if that could be argued against. If not, then maybe angels can't be. I don't know the name for it, but would be arguing from the opposite view to validate the current view.

Here's a link you may find of interest:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v2/n1/who-were-the-nephilim

Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Mountain Man] #134469
06/13/11 05:08 PM
06/13/11 05:08 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am in the process of reading through this thread and came across this post.

On what basis did these "some people" come to such a conclusion?
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
I agree with Kland. In college we studied the "amalgamation" statements in the SOP. We learned that some people postulated black people are an example of amalgamating men and monkeys. Such a conclusion is absurd.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Daryl] #134474
06/14/11 01:10 AM
06/14/11 01:10 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
On what basis did these "some people" come to such a conclusion?

It can only be on the basis of sheer prejudice.

Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Rosangela] #134490
06/14/11 12:10 PM
06/14/11 12:10 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I'd agree with Rosangela based upon a number of off the cuff conclusions made in past history.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!