HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 34 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 33 34
Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: Green Cochoa] #136354
09/30/11 03:27 AM
09/30/11 03:27 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa

I'm NOT using it [the seven times of Dan. 4] as a day-for-year proof text. It isn't such a text. The day for year texts are not in Daniel. They are in Ezekiel and in Numbers. There is not a single reference in Daniel that I have found which gives us the day-year formula.

I guess this is an example as to how different people think.
Some lean stronger to what is sometimes termed the left brain dominant approach, (logic, numbers, mathematical formulas) whereas others relate to information more on functional experience etc.

So for some the day/year rests solely on a mathematical stated formula and the outworkings is viewed mainly as confirmation, but not as proof of the principle.

Whereas for others seeing the outworking of the principle is proof, and they then go back to the formula for confirmation.

So yes, the two verses in Numbers and Ezekiel are important in supplying the equation for the principle, but for some in studying Daniel itself, nothing clinches (proves) the day/year principle better than the prophecy of Daniel nine where the principle is obviously functioning.

But that is a sideline --
just to explain why some look to examples as "proof" while others stick to mathematically stated equations.

Originally Posted By: dedication
Just seems when a word is used in a symbolic way it should be understood in a consistant manner throughout the authors message.

That would seem logical, but Jesus said both that Lazarus was asleep and dead. One was figurative the other literal. Right?

Yes and no.
I was referring to a symbol being used consistantly throughout the author's message.

Jesus was talking about death and likening it to a sleep from which He, the lifegiver can awaken people, he wasn't using a symbolic word to stand for two different things.
It's a whole different thing.

If we want to see the seven times as symbolic time, won't it be wiser to use the same rule as the rest of the timelines in Daniel?
A "time" is symbolic of a year.
Seven "times" is seven years (comprised of 2520 days) Converted by the day/year princple it becomes 2520 years.
That is -- a day for a year.

Then we would have the 2520 day/years.

Did you know the Millerite chart had a 2520 timeline?
After the disappointment Hiram Edson rethought the 2520 timeline and adapted it to Seventh-day Adventist beliefs.

U.Smith dismissed it as a legitamate timeline and the rest of the pioneers didn't write about 2520 days, and thus it faded out of Adventist belief.

Actually there are people trying to revive it.

Last edited by dedication; 09/30/11 03:29 AM.
Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: dedication] #136361
09/30/11 05:25 PM
09/30/11 05:25 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
You asked why I stated the announcement of the exact time of Christ's second coming would be made during the seventh plague?

Here's the seventh plague:

Originally Posted By: from Revelation
16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
16:18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, [and] so great.
16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
16:20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
16:21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, [every stone] about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Now go to Great Controversy chapter 40 which describes God's announcement.

There we see the final death decree is about to be enacted. God steps in and delivers His people.
There we see EGW clearly sets the announcement in the seventh plague.

Originally Posted By: from Great Controversy chapter 40
"Everything in nature seems turned out of its course. The streams cease to flow. Dark, heavy clouds come up and clash against each other. In the midst of the angry heavens is one clear space of indescribable glory, whence comes the voice of God like the sound of many waters, saying: "It is done." Revelation 16:17. {GC 636.2}
That voice shakes the heavens and the earth. There is a
mighty earthquake, "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." Verses 17, 18. The firmament appears to open and shut. The glory from the throne of God seems flashing through. The mountains shake like a reed in the wind, and ragged rocks are scattered on every side. There is a roar as of a coming tempest. The sea is lashed into fury. There is heard the shriek of a hurricane like the voice of demons upon a mission of destruction. The whole earth heaves and swells like the waves of the sea. Its surface is breaking up. Its very foundations seem to be giving way. Mountain chains are sinking. Inhabited islands disappear. The seaports that have become like Sodom for wickedness are swallowed up by the angry waters. Babylon the great has come in remembrance before God, "to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath." Great hailstones, every one "about the weight of a talent," are doing their work of destruction. Verses 19, 21.{GC 367}

"The voice of God is heard from heaven, declaring the day and hour of Jesus' coming, and delivering the everlasting covenant to His people. Like peals of loudest thunder His words roll through the earth. The Israel of God stand listening, with their eyes fixed upward. Their countenances are lighted up with His glory, {GC 640}

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: dedication] #136368
09/30/11 11:31 PM
09/30/11 11:31 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Sorry I somehow switched two numbers --
GC 367 should read GC 637

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: Green Cochoa] #136369
10/01/11 12:51 AM
10/01/11 12:51 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

The prophecy of Ezekiel 4 is as "figurative" as the 1260-day prophecy. That is, the years are precise and have a literal fulfillment. But I do not know of any of our leaders promoting its interpretation. They do not have it.

If you have access to the "New Light" section of this forum, I have expounded this prophecy there. Here is the link.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

I downloaded your file from the link above. It was only eleven pages long, I expected it to be much longer from the comments made.

Is it OK to comment on it there -- it seems that thread came to a standstill in 2009. Was there a reason for that?

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: dedication] #136373
10/01/11 03:00 AM
10/01/11 03:00 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I downloaded your file from the link above. It was only eleven pages long, I expected it to be much longer from the comments made.

Is it OK to comment on it there -- it seems that thread came to a standstill in 2009. Was there a reason for that?

Yes, please comment in that thread. It died with the ball in Daryl's court, and he may have forgotten to respond. Bumping it might be good anyhow.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: Green Cochoa] #136374
10/01/11 03:15 AM
10/01/11 03:15 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Regarding the 2520, I've heard some explanations of it which I cannot buy. I've heard just one explanation, however, which merits further study and which may be legitimate. Unfortunately, I do not remember it well enough to expound on it.

Regarding the timing of the voice in the seventh plague, I've seen Ellen White use scripture to support unrelated things, so her use of the text is not necessarily foolproof evidence in this case of the applicability to the same voice of announcement which we are talking about. I notice that she says the voice says "It is done." It is quite possible that there is more than one voice, and more than one earthquake. Earthquakes these days seem to be increasing in magnitude successively. Jesus spoke seven times upon the cross, and God may speak multiple times in the final moments.

But here's where I base much of the above: another interpretation. "Earthquake" is symbolic. Remember, the book of Revelation is a highly symbolic book. We can hardly be certain if things there should be taken literally or not. It may be that things have dual application, being both literal and symbolic, but if one or the other is to be counted the more likely, it is the symbolic.

For example, in the New Earth, we are told we will have "no more sea." What can this mean? How can this be matched to the statements regarding the "sea of glass?" What does "sea" represent?

What about no dogs in heaven? What do "dogs" represent? Is this to be taken literally? (Another thread here addressed this very question once before.)

Just as I believe these terms are symbolic, I also view the "earthquakes" as symbolic. In this case, we can go back to "earth" and see what it represents. Remember the earth swallowing up the water cast out of the mouth of the dragon? That picture was obviously not literal. What if the earth quakes?

I believe earthquakes represent upheavals among the heathen and among the nations. Such things as war, rumors of war, economic crises, or anything that causes mass confusion or pandemonium might be included here. For example, the twin towers caused a major string of events with repercussions throughout the world. This would be an example of an "earthquake."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: Green Cochoa] #136381
10/01/11 05:33 AM
10/01/11 05:33 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Regarding the timing of the voice in the seventh plague, I've seen Ellen White use scripture to support unrelated things, so her use of the text is not necessarily foolproof evidence in this case of the applicability to the same voice of announcement which we are talking about.
Green Cochoa.

She is not just quoting a verse here, she is describing the whole seventh plague, and in the midst of that description she places the announcement made to the saints.

Read the chapter for yourself --
The final death decree is about to be carried out,
God intervenes -- and all nature goes wild.
Yes, I fully believe that earthquake will be literal, though the unsaved will be in great turmoil as well.
Prisons will burst open, God's saints who were lanquishing in them are set free (just like Paul and Silas)
The voice "It is Done"
The special resurrection occurs, including those who crucified Christ.
The saints faces shine.
The hand of God appears in the sky holding the ten commandments and the unsaved realize they have lost out.
Then God announces the day and hour of Christ's coming.

Soon appears that cloud which the saints recognize as the sign of Christ's coming....

It's a most exciting chapter
It's one I suggest everyone read and reread and become very familiar with as it's one that will help carry God's people through terrible time of trouble.

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: Green Cochoa] #136382
10/01/11 05:59 AM
10/01/11 05:59 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Regarding the 2520, I've heard some explanations of it which I cannot buy. I've heard just one explanation, however, which merits further study and which may be legitimate. Unfortunately, I do not remember it well enough to expound on it.

The 2520 days have been a mere curiosity for me as I could not accept all those details as it was presented to me.

The basic form might be useful though.
Miller actually saw two lines of 2520.
One starting with the Northern kingdom of Israel going into captivity.
The other starting with Mannasseh king of Judah going into captivity.

In Miller's words:

"Israel began to be carried away in the days of Hoshea, 722 B. C., and from that time to 1798 after Christ, is exactly 2520 years, or the seven prophetic years. How remarkable, that when the seven years ended, God began to deliver his church from her bondage, which for ages had been made subject to the kings of the earth. In 1798 the church came out of the wilderness, and began to be delivered from her captivity. But the completion of her slavery to the kingdoms of the earth, is reserved for another period. Beginning B. C., 677 years, (When Mannasseh was taken captive) seven prophetic years, or 2520 common years, would end in A. D. 1843. (later changed to 1844 due to missed year 0)

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: dedication] #136383
10/01/11 06:40 AM
10/01/11 06:40 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient

The 2520 days have been a mere curiosity for me as I could not accept all those details as it was presented to me.

The basic form might be useful though.
Miller actually saw two lines of 2520.
One starting with the Northern kingdom of Israel going into captivity.
The other starting with Mannasseh king of Judah going into captivity.

In Miller's words:

"Israel began to be carried away in the days of Hoshea, 722 B. C., and from that time to 1798 after Christ, is exactly 2520 years, or the seven prophetic years. How remarkable, that when the seven years ended, God began to deliver his church from her bondage, which for ages had been made subject to the kings of the earth. In 1798 the church came out of the wilderness, and began to be delivered from her captivity. But the completion of her slavery to the kingdoms of the earth, is reserved for another period. Beginning B. C., 677 years, (When Mannasseh was taken captive) seven prophetic years, or 2520 common years, would end in A. D. 1843. (later changed to 1844 due to missed year 0)

Here's a pastor who's pretty well discounted the 2520.

http://sabbathsermons.com/2011/02/13/why-the-2520-prophecy-is-not-important/

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: Green Cochoa] #136388
10/01/11 02:30 PM
10/01/11 02:30 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Hmmm.... well he makes a very good point against people who try to use the timelines to predict events past 1844.

Sounds like someone was using the 2520 to say "in 9/11 supposedly according to a reinterpretation of the trumpets that now in 9/11 supposedly this is when the loud cry started".

But that sort of thing is what people are doing with all the timelines recognized or not.

However, his argument against the original 2520 chart are very weak since the 2520 do NOT go past 1844 and the quotes he gives from EGW don't actually say 2300 was the longest prophecy, only that that "The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844".

So yes, I agree that, should we use the "7 times" of Daniel four, his arguments on "The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844" should be taken into consideration.

And yes, I mentioned "U.Smith dismissed it (the 2520) as a legitamate timeline and the rest of the pioneers didn't write about 2520 days, and thus it faded out of Adventist belief.
So I agree with Lemon's statement on that.

However, we have been speaking of Daniel 4 not Lev. 26 and the suggestion has come up that Daniel 4 is a legitamate timeline.

Page 13 of 34 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 33 34

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!