HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,956 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: The Father created Jesus, then later promoted Him to divinity? [Re: Daryl] #137051
10/25/11 02:33 AM
10/25/11 02:33 AM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Okay, whoever believes that after a full study of the Bible is a bit nuts. wink

This thread has deviated off topic a bit, though, not so. grin

Re: The Father created Jesus, then later promoted Him to divinity? [Re: Colin] #137054
10/25/11 03:59 AM
10/25/11 03:59 AM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Colin
This thread has deviated off topic a bit, though, not so. grin

Very much so. I'm still hoping someone could help me identify the source of the teaching in the subject line.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: The Father created Jesus, then later promoted Him to divinity? [Re: asygo] #137060
10/25/11 11:02 AM
10/25/11 11:02 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Actually, the confusion still exists in my Earliteens class. One of the teachers brought it up during a discussion on the Fundamental Belief regarding Jesus. She said Jesus was first created an angel, then was later promoted into the Godhead.

Some of my more astute students immediately challenged her to prove it from the Bible. She could not give the verses, but she said she'll find the book where she got it from.

I talked to her after the class to make sure she just did not misunderstand or maybe she misspoke. She believes it. But she forgot the book and author where she got it from, though she is adamant that this teaching was supported by many Bible verses. She narrowed it down to Gulley, Paulien, or Goldstein, though I would be very surprised if it was really one of those.

Certainly she didn't get it from Gulley, Paulien, Goldstein, or any other SDA theologian employed by the denomination. She got it from some antitrinitarian author. But, Arnold, I wonder if such a person is adequate to teach earliteens? If she believes something, she must at least be able to prove it from the Bible, instead of mentioning someone else as the source of her belief.

Re: The Father created Jesus, then later promoted Him to divinity? [Re: asygo] #137071
10/25/11 07:55 PM
10/25/11 07:55 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Well, Ernest L. Martin, once a member of Armstrong's Church of God taught that Christ was first created, then He created everything else.
Here

The JW teach it.

Anti-Adventist websites claim the Adventist Pioneers as well as present day Adventists teach it. They point to quotes by EGW, or present day writers, where it says Michael the Archangel is Christ and they use that as their proof.

Since those who DO teach that Christ was first created as the first angel, also say Michael the Archangel is Christ, so people have put 2 plus 2 together and come up with a faulty five.

We believe Michael being the leader of the angels does not automatically mean He is an angel -- no it means the angels are under the command of Christ Who is above the angels -- He is divine, One with God.

So yes, there are a lot of confusing voices out there, however, I agree that this concept of Christ being first created an angel did NOT come from the sources this earliteen teacher suggested. I don't know of any bonafide Adventist leader teaching anything like that.

Re: The Father created Jesus, then later promoted Him to divinity? [Re: Rosangela] #137072
10/25/11 10:40 PM
10/25/11 10:40 PM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
I was surprised by the list of names she gave, and told her that I would be shocked if any of them actually taught that. I will see if she can give me more specific info.

I think there can be some wiggle room with the "begotten" camp. But the idea that Jesus was an angel at first, then promoted into being God, which caused Lucifer to be jealous because he wanted to be promoted also, was almost beyond my comprehension.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: The Father created Jesus, then later promoted Him to divinity? [Re: Rosangela] #137157
10/29/11 11:31 AM
10/29/11 11:31 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
...but the truth is that, according to the antitrinitarian view, the Son was originated by the Father, so He lacks one of the attributes of God and cannot qualify as God.

The Bible says that Christ was brought forth in the days of eternity: Proverbs 8:22-30 and Micah 5:2.

Ellen White quotes the same in the second page of Patriarchs & Prophets - p. 34.
This is the fourth paragraph of her five-volume Conflict series. She is either establishing God's foundation for her series, or she is sowing terrible confusion.

The Adventist pioneers rejected the Trinity doctrine as the wine of Babylon - a warning contained in the 3 Angel's message. The Trinity is the chief doctrine of Rome.

Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God from the days of eternity.
At Bethlehem He became the Son of Man.

How can you claim that Christ doesn't qualify when He is following God's Plan? The Father Himself has testified "I gave them MY SON!" - "My Only Son" - "What more could I do??"

"..yet few would receive Him as the Son of God." PP 64.

"To dispute the supremacy of the Son of God, thus impeaching the wisdom and love of the Creator, had become the purpose of this prince of angels [Lucifer]." PP 36.

"Those who derided his claim to be the Son of God are speechless now." GC643.

Re: The Father created Jesus, then later promoted Him to divinity? [Re: Daryl] #137158
10/29/11 12:42 PM
10/29/11 12:42 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
..now .. asking it here to anybody who thinks Christ was created:

Where can this be found in the Bible and/or the SOP?

Hi Daryl, Christ was not created, but He was brought forth as the Son of God in the days of eternity. See Proverbs 8:22-30 and Micah 5:2. And Patriarchs & Prophets p. 34. Read this first chapter for more evidence.

Christ is not a created messenger (angel), but as the Son of God He is the Angel of the Lord..."my name is in him" Exodus 23:21.

"Christ was not only the leader of the Hebrews in the wilderness - the Angel in whom was the name of Jehovah, and who , veiled in the cloudy pillar, went before the host - but it was He who gave the law to Israel." PP 366.

Angels are messengers. [Hebrew #4397, Greek #32]

Re: The Father created Jesus, then later promoted Him to divinity? [Re: gordonb1] #137159
10/29/11 01:06 PM
10/29/11 01:06 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

• Proverbs 8:22-30
• Micah 5:2 & margin
• John 3:16
• Epistles of John
• Patriarchs & Prophets p.34 & 1st chapter
• Spirit of Prophecy Vol. 1 - first chapter - The Fall of Satan
• Spiritual Gifts Vol. 1 - first chapter - The Fall of Satan
• The Story of Redemption - first chapters

Re: The Father created Jesus, then later promoted Him to divinity? [Re: Green Cochoa] #137295
11/05/11 04:03 PM
11/05/11 04:03 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: dedication
DA 531 "In Christ is life, original, unborrowed, underived."

Letter 398 (1906) " In Jesus is our life derived. In Him is life, that is original, unborrowed, underived life. In us there is a streamlet from the fountain of life. In Him is the fountain of life."

Show me from scriptures the above.

Here are some scriptures for that.
<table border="1"><tr><th>Ellen White</th><th>Holy Bible</th></tr><tr><td>DA 531 "In Christ is life, original, unborrowed, underived."</td><td>Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. Yea, before the day was I am... (Isaiah 43:10-11,13)</td></tr><tr><td>In Jesus is our life derived.</td><td>For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. (Psalm 36:9) <p>And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. (Revelation 21:6)</td></tr><tr><td>In Him is life, that is original, unborrowed, underived life.</td><td>Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. (John 8:58)<p>...Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. (Revelation 1:17-18)</td></tr><tr><td>In Him is the fountain of life.</td><td>Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)</td></tr></table>

Looking at your table, you provided scriptures bringing these 3 main concepts :

(1)Jesus is the Fountain of Life : (Psalm 36:9, John 14:6) These text does not prove that the life going through Jesus is “original, unborrowed, and underived”, but confirms that he’s “ the mediator between God and man ” (1 Timothy 2:5), “the true vine ” (John 15:1) that will impart life(or nutrients) for the branches to bear fruits, “the anointed one” (Is 61:1; Lk 4:18; Act 10:38; ) who receives the words of life from His father(John 5:19,30; ) and imparts them to us through His Spirit(Jhn 6:63, 68), He is “the bread of Life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. ” (John 6:35) (32)… “Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. (33) For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven; and giveth life unto the world ” (Jn 6:33) – it is in this that makes Him “the Fountain of life” or “the way, the truth, and the life” … – ( John 14:6 continues by confirming what I'm saying above that Jesus is the mediator of life) -- “… no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. ” (John 14:6, KJV)

(2)Jesus is the “Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last” : (Rev 21:6; 22:13; 1:17-18) Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, meaning he is the beginning and the end. This means many things, to name a few
(i) – in reference to the timeless nature of the spiritual realm. We see and live in a linear time line bound by time and space, whereas Jesus and G-d are not.
(ii) - Jesus knew the beginning from the end because He was with the Father at the beginning and through Jesus all things was created, and through Jesus the works(Plan of salvation) of G-d will be done. Jesus is “the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.” Rev 13:8 denoting that Jesus knew the plan of salvation --the mind and intention of God from the beginning before anything was created. Jesus agreed with His FAther's plan and that's why Jesus is also knows as the "faithful witness" and the Amen of God because he agreed with it and is the second witness to all of His Father's will(plan) that was layed out from the beginning and also given in the Laws to Moses.
(iii) - Jesus is “the beginning” for He created all things and He was the pre-eminence of all things(Col 1:17,18; 1Cor 11:3) The word preeminence is proteuo(4409) which means to be first (in rank or influence). So Jesus is holding the highest rank in the universe under God, which entails all power that influences into motion all things into righteousness with his Words. Jesus is also “the end” of all things for he will bring all things under His feet and He will subject himself to the Father after having subdued all things are under His feet so that the Father can be the "All in All".

“The first and the last” is a literal translation of auth, spelled as Aleph-Vav-Tav, in Hebrew which means “a sign or seal”. Aleph is the first character in the Hebrew alphabet, Tav is the last character, both are joined by Vav which is the middle character of the alphabet that means “a nail or peg” and serve as the conjunction “and” because it “nails” two things together. So by John adding the literal translation of auth in Rev 22:13 serves to link the Hebrew equivalence to the Greek “Alpha and Omega”. There are close to 10,000 occurrences of Aleph & Tav in the Masoretic tex that are not translated in our English translation.

(3)Jesus is the I Am :(Isaiah 43:10-11,13) The “I Am” is a terminology belonging to the spiritual realm where time and space has no boundaries. On earth and in our unglorified(mortal and corruptible) bodies, we are bound by time(“I was” or “I will be”) and space(“I am here” or “I am there”). Jesus is the “I AM” which has no limit of time or space. All time is one. All space is one. In the Spirit, simply all things are. From Jesus spiritual perspective “31 “But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read that which was spoken to you by God, saying, 32. I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead but of the living. ”Mat 21:31-32 Jesus consider Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob living because he can go back or forward in time. That’s why He can say “Before Abraham was, I Am” – Jesus is always the “I Am” for he can travel through time by which this is hard for finite minds to understand.

Summary : I don’t see how your texts you provided proves that Jesus life is “original, unborrowed, or underived”. I’m not saying that it is not true in some other meaning, but according to scripture it does not say explicitly that he does in the way you are meaning it. We have in 1 Tim 6:16 saying “Who[Father] only hath immortality, ” which to me strongly suggest that only the Father has “original, unborrowed, or underived” life. The scriptures seems to be saying that this life is said that it was given to Jesus :
#1) by Anointing Jesus,
#2) by giving Jesus His Word/Will,
#3) by resurrecting Jesus(over 30 texts says that the Father resurrected Jesus),
#4) “For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;” (John 5:26)
#5)by making Jesus the mediator, the fountain of life, the bread of life, and etc…

I’m not saying I fully understand all of this yet. As Gordon often brings out the point that the Father is in Christ which is the another meaning or way to understand this by which I fully don’t grasp yet.

Blessings
Re: The Father created Jesus, then later promoted Him to divinity? [Re: Elle] #137330
11/07/11 01:33 PM
11/07/11 01:33 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
We have in 1 Tim 6:16 saying “Who[Father] only hath immortality,” which to me strongly suggest that only the Father has “original, unborrowed, or underived” life.

What's the evidence showing that 1 Tim 6:16 refers to the Father?

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!