HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 3,150 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Michael the Archangel “one who is God.” [Re: Green Cochoa] #138184
12/17/11 01:00 PM
12/17/11 01:00 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Wow GC,
Can I have permission to post your study as I posted mine on another site also, very nice.

God Bless and Happy Sabbath
Rick

Re: Michael the Archangel “one who is God.” [Re: Rick H] #138187
12/17/11 03:55 PM
12/17/11 03:55 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Rick H
Wow GC,
Can I have permission to post your study as I posted mine on another site also, very nice.

God Bless and Happy Sabbath
Rick

You may use it as you wish. My materials are without copyright. Feel free to edit and improve upon it.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Michael the Archangel “one who is God.” [Re: Green Cochoa] #138348
12/24/11 12:57 AM
12/24/11 12:57 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
GC,

I also want to commend you on your two great posts here. thumbsup

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Michael the Archangel “one who is God.” [Re: Rick H] #138721
01/11/12 07:25 PM
01/11/12 07:25 PM
cephalopod  Offline
Active Member 2014
Washington, USA
Originally Posted By: Rick H
The word “archangel” is used only five times in Holy Scripture (Dan. 10:13, 21; 12:1; 1 Thess. 4:16; Jude 9). Every time it is used, it is singular. There is and can only be one archangel. And that one Archangel is named Michael and yet is shown as doing what also applies to Christ.

That is not correct - there are many Archangel's however there was only ONE which was exuded...
...From Father God!
...Michael the creature christ, who was NOT God.

Sock Puppet
Christ was crucified, but in wondrous power and glory He rose from the tomb. He took in His grasp the world over which Satan claimed to preside, and restored the human race to favor with God. And at this glorious completion of His work, songs of triumph echoed and re-echoed through the unfallen worlds. Angel and ARCHANGELS, cherubim and seraphim, joined in the chorus of victory

Sock Puppet, Letter to A.T. Jones, 1892
We claim to be Christians under the control, not of our own feelings, but of the Spirit of God, devoted to the service of Christ, who has chosen us to be under the dictation of His Holy Spirit. He has offered to His Father a most wonderful prayer, that His disciples may be as He was, one with the Father. Now it is the duty of every one who believes in Christ as their personal Saviour, to answer that prayer. Angels and archangels are looking upon God's chosen ones with the most earnest interest to see what influence the truth is having upon mind and character, to see how much they appreciate the One who was crucified for them, that they might have eternal life. If the plainest injunctions and His commandments are lightly regarded, and the prayer of Christ just prior to His offering the great sacrifice, has been strangely neglected, what does it mean? We are truly a spectacle to the world, to angels, and to men

Sock Puppet
Cherubims and seraphims, angels and archangels, are watching the battle that is going on in this life. Between whom? The Prince of life and the power of darkness. And what does God do? He shows us how we must do, how we must conduct the battle. He left the royal courts, laid aside His royal robe, and clothed His humanity with divinity. He became a man among the sons of men, and here He walked the world as what? A representative of the love of God, an example that we may study, a character that we may imitate every phase of, that we may see that He did not live to glorify Himself, but He lived to point to God. He came to live the law of God, because Satan was bringing his power to bear upon men, and his lying fallacies were all the time pressing upon them. {1SAT 241.1}

These are not the only three....
...She also said Lucifer WAS an archangel.

Last edited by cephalopod; 01/11/12 08:35 PM.
Re: Michael the Archangel “one who is God.” [Re: cephalopod] #138769
01/14/12 06:14 AM
01/14/12 06:14 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
As I earlier pointed out, there are three persons in the Godhead, all of which are over and above any of the created angels--thus it is easy to see that "archangel" can be plural. However, in the Bible, Jesus seems to be the only one directly referred to as the archangel.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Michael the Archangel “one who is God.” [Re: Green Cochoa] #138773
01/14/12 12:32 PM
01/14/12 12:32 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I got some good comments from a few friends on GCF another forum, here is a post from Amo...
'This belief did not originate with the SDA church. Nor are they the only ones who make this connection.

The earlier Protestant scholars usually identified Michael with the preincarnate Christ, finding support for their view, not only in the juxtaposition of the "child" and the archangel in #Re 12, but also in the attributes ascribed to him in Daniel (for a full discussion see Hengstenberg, Offenbarung, I, 611-22, and an interesting survey in English by Dr. Douglas in Fairbairn’s BD).
John A. Lees (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia)

ARCHANGEL

This world is only twice used in the Bible, #1Th 4:16 Jude 1:9. In this last passage it is applied to Michael, who, in #Da 10:13,21 12:1, is described as having a special charge of the Jewish nation, and in #Re 12:7-9 as the leader of an angelic army. So exalted are the position and offices ascribed to Michael, that many think the Messiah is meant. ( American Tract Society Bible Dictionary)

The Rabbinical traditions about Michael are very numerous. They oppose him constantly to Sammael, the accuser and enemy of Israel, as disputing for the soul of Moses; as bringing the ram the substitute for Isaac, which Sammael sought to keep back, etc., etc.: they give him the title of the "great high- priest in heaven," as well as that of the "great prince and conqueror;" and finally lay it down that "wherever Michael is said to have appeared, there the glory of the Shechinah is intended." It is clear that the sounder among them, in making such use of the name, intended to personify the Divine Power, and typify the Messiah (see Schoettgen, Hor. Hebr. i. 1079, 1119, ii. 8, 15, ed. Dresd. 1742).( Smiths Revised Bible Dictionary)'

and as to evidence of Michael the Prince creating the universe as Christ the Creator, here are some verses that make the connection....

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. Isaiah 9:6-7 (KJV)

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. Dan 9:25 (KJV)

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: Dan 12:1 (KJV)

14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. Acts 3:14-15 (KJV)

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. Acts 5:31 (KJV)

Last edited by Rick H; 01/14/12 12:33 PM.
Re: Michael the Archangel “one who is God.” [Re: Rick H] #140268
03/03/12 12:54 AM
03/03/12 12:54 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Jesus appeared to the angels as an angel, and to men He eternally became one of us.

As an angel to fallen man, he was the first born of the dead, the first one to receive the wrath of God, standing before Him without an intercessor while covered in full shame of sin.

Having become 'sin for us' Jesus stood before the universe carrying our sins. Every foul thing that would ever be done in the realm of sin was accounted on His head and Satan made sure not to miss the opportunity to rail on Him in His vulnerable condition. Only those who do not shrink from seeing the shame that each of us caused Him will advance in His faith.

Michael, 'one like God' became Emanuel, 'God with us' and afterwards picked up His angelic title again and is seen in both capacities in future prophecies. As Michael when He stands for His people at the beginning of Daniel 12, and Emanuel at each of our conversions till when He comes once again to get us. Emanuel is 'God with us' even till the end of the earth.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Michael the Archangel “one who is God.” [Re: jamesonofthunder] #140279
03/03/12 02:34 AM
03/03/12 02:34 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I read the part in the lesson on Monday that had the text in Isaiah on the Lord of Hosts and it certainly holds more meaning for me, after this study...

Isaiah 14:24-27 (NKJV)

24 The LORD of hosts has sworn, saying,
“ Surely, as I have thought, so it shall come to pass,
And as I have purposed, so it shall stand:
25 That I will break the Assyrian in My land,
And on My mountains tread him underfoot.
Then his yoke shall be removed from them,
And his burden removed from their shoulders.
26 This is the purpose that is purposed against the whole earth,
And this is the hand that is stretched out over all the nations.
27 For the LORD of hosts has purposed,
And who will annul it?
His hand is stretched out,
And who will turn it back?”

Last edited by Rick H; 03/03/12 02:36 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!