HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141132
04/10/12 02:30 AM
04/10/12 02:30 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
As an ex rock and roll musician, who has worked with the most revered musicians in the world (Ozzy, Stevie Ray Vaughn Scorpions etc etc etc) In know where that power comes from.

I have done major research on this subject in my life.

As a professional sound engineer and musician I have seen the effects of every type of music.

How about providing some verifiable evidence, starting with your name and the name of the band or bands you played in. If you don't want to give your name (and I understand why someone would not want to do that), provide the names of some of the band members. Or send me a PM with the info.

****** Staff Edit to remove inappropriate remark ******

Last edited by Daryl F; 04/11/12 07:45 PM. Reason: Staff Edit to remove inappropriate remark.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141153
04/11/12 10:30 AM
04/11/12 10:30 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA

As a professional sound engineer and musician I have seen the effects of every type of music.

What is it that makes even Christians get swept away in music?

I have seen Seventh Day Adventist men raise their hands in the air and weep over music with questionable lyrics just because the band claims to be Christian and the music is 'touching their heart'.

Satan was the leader of the Choir in heaven and had the golden pipes, he has orchestrated this worlds allurements to satisfy his desires and motivations on this planet, so what makes us think we have the capacity to overcome this temptation on our own? Especially when everyone defends this music as if they 'know' what is good for them.

The study of 'gospel' music is very interesting.

The influences came directly from pagan worship ceremonies handed down through men forced to submit to the so called Christian church. Forced to leave their home and submit to a god they did not know. These slaves transferred their rhythms to their new religion and these Negro Spiritual songs became gospel music.

Formed under the most hateful duress this musical format was satanically directed by hateful laws and prejudice such as it being against the law for a black man to play any other key on the piano than black. So when they were forced only to play the black keys it forced them to create new songs within this formulation which directly resulted int the Pentatonic (5 note) scale which is the blues scale that rock and roll was formed from.

Men who would not submit in their hearts to the religion being forced upon them took the rhythms and created new forms of music. First Jazz, then Blues and these songs took on a completely different tone in defiance to the forced religion.

Within a very short period of time the evil use of men to do our dirty work had completely reshaped the landscape of our national identity through popular culture. But an interesting situation arose. 'Gospel' music was seen as Holy after a few generations even though it had a form taken directly from paganism, but at the same time the new forms of music which made no pretense of being anything righteous started to clash as if warring in righteousness. This is a Satanic battle on every front but it was made to look like righteousness taking on wickedness.

Now many years in the future, after many gospel singers became celebrity (Arretha Franklin to Whitney Houston) this form of music has completely amalgamated into popular christian culture.

But that is not the end of it. The music once considered openly 'evil' such as Jazz and Blues with men selling their souls to the devil as one of the popular iconic illustrations, now evolves into what is known as rock and roll and men as rebellious as they come becoming the most powerful men in popular culture, influencing every known avenue of entertainment on our planet.

This is the same format of music that someone who claims to be somewhat converted uses to write 'new christian' music, and it becomes very popular and we are letting this into our minds and sanctuary to meet with God?

It does not belong in the church, but I have been told I have no right to contend with it by our leaders. It seems to me I have every right to contend with it since I am one who was saved from it's pit.
The problem is that no one has been able to pinpoint or verify what in the music has good versus bad effects on the brain or body, when they do that then we can say keep this reject that with certainty. Otherwise it will just have to continue in the haphazard way most Churches do now.

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: JAK] #141154
04/11/12 10:48 AM
04/11/12 10:48 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: JAK
As an ex rock and roll musician, who has worked with the most revered musicians in the world (Ozzy, Stevie Ray Vaughn Scorpions etc etc etc) In know where that power comes from.

How about providing some verifiable evidence, starting with your name and the name of the band or bands you played in. If you don't want to give your name (and I understand why someone would not want to do that), provide the names of some of the band members. Or send me a PM with the info.

****** Staff Edit to remove this part of the quoted post that was removed from the original as an inappropriate remark, however, the kind rebuke by Moderator Rick is appropriate and will remain intact as stated in his part of this post. ******
It seems that if you are not the orginator of the post or dont like its content you tend to take issue with the poster rather than the post, you may want to take a kinder way that is more considerate of others.

Last edited by Daryl F; 04/11/12 07:49 PM. Reason: Staff Edit to remove inappropriate remark from the quoted post.
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: JAK] #141161
04/11/12 06:37 PM
04/11/12 06:37 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA

Seriously, It's quite evident to me that you invent most of the stuff you post.

****** Staff Edit to remove this part of the direct response from the now edited quoted post. ******

You want names? How about Tim Howard from Merle Haggard's band 'The Strangers' who I played with for two years, and who called me asking me to rejoin the band last night and who has been asking me to record with him again almost every month since I first quit years ago. He wants me in the band again so badly he would reschedule his tour for me.

The band I was on tour with Great White was called 'Balance & the Bridge'. We were 'alternative' before the term was even invented. We had a recording contract with Arista Records and did several live shows on syndicated college radio and sold a respectable amount of recordings before the age of internet.

The band I was on different tours with Blue Oyster Cult and Quiet Riot and Dokken was 'the Steve Olson Band' with the best guitarist in Alaska (now living in New Orleans)

I played on MTV with a band called 'Deployer' and came in second on the video talent search in 1985.

How about my manager Stacy DeMagio from Columbia records who got me connected with Judas Priest who I went on tour with for two tours as a sound engineer.

How about my very good friend Gus Zadra who is currently the lead guitarist for Denis De Young from Styx? How about Tommy Shaw who I worked with in Damn Yankees? How about Jim LaFrano my drummer for years who is cousin of the Pannozo brothers from Styx?

How about the Union I used to be a member of, IATSE the International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Hand employees where I started my career as a sound engineer for the 'CATS' Broadway musical.

How about Sharon Osborne who gave me my first big break as an audio engineer when she saw me playing with my band 'Real Steel' on tour in Colorado Springs while she was managing Lita Ford. She said she 'loved our sound'.

How about the seven major Production companies I've been monitor engineer for, including 'NAFF productions', 'Top of the World Productions' and 'Power Sound' who I worked for any band I wanted to for almost two decades.

I was in the House band at "Cheap Charlies" in Fairbanks when REO Speed Wagon came into the club to jam with my band.

I was recording at Price's Metro recording studios in Minneapolis when I met Bad Finger and the guys from Bon Jovie.

I was on tour with Anvil and Paul DeAnno the original singer for Iron Maiden.

One of my best friends from High School married the drummer from Aldo Nova Danny Carmassi who is brothers with Denny Carmassi the ex-drummer from Heart and White Snake.

I was on tour with Scorpions, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Damn Yankees, Dokken, Blue Oyster Cult, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Joe Satriani, Jimmy Page, Bad Company, Quiet Riot, Green Day. Etc, Etc.

I've met, hung out with and visited the homes of most of my ex-heroes including Dusty Rhodes from ZZ Top, Billy Joe from Green Day, Paisley Park with Prince here in MN.

I was backstage at Rod Stewart and brought him to the world renowned 'Chilkoot Charlies' in Anchorage AK and the band there recognized me and asked me to join them on stage and Rod Stewart said I was a 'real talent' and his wife got into trouble trying to kiss me.

I was with Stevie Ray Vaughn on his last tour one month before he died and took him to meet my friends at their homes in Alaska. He was having a real hard time kicking the nicotine habit and I used to have to buy Nicorette gum for him after every concert. I was invited to his funeral but was booked at the time.

I lived what people call the 'dream life'. I've been friends with Joe Satriani, Davis Crosby, Ted Nugent, Jimmy Page etc. etc.

I usually don't share the bands I've played in because I don't want to glamorize the scene, but I'll give you all you want to prove the point.

What else would you like to know? You want the name of my father so you can prove that I met Janice Joplin and Chuck Berry as a child while he was riding with the Hell's Angels in the El Forsteroes? He was best friends with Dave Mann, the artist who did all the airbrush paintings for Easy Rider Magazine, my father was the honored guest for the grand opening of the Dave Mann exhibit in his home town. My dad was one of the first 1%-ers.

I have thousands of witnesses for everything I have posted here. I have organized and played in the biggest money making bands in Alaska for ten years as the highest paid bass player in that state. Club owners LOVED me because I made them money. I have tax statements to prove everything. I even played at the 'Board of Trade' in Nome Alaska living in the historic apartment that Wyatt Earp lived in with Josephine as an honored guest for over a year.

I've been noted in magazines and news papers all over America.

You want the names of ex-girl friends? How about just the ones who were in men's magazines?

When I was trying to get out of the scene and once again moved to Minnesota I have been hounded by bands for over ten years since.

I have met and hung out with every one of my childhood heroes and found they are only mortal. I have seen men worshiped and it made me sick.

****** Staff Edit to remove this part of the direct response from the now edited quoted post. ******

Last edited by Daryl F; 04/11/12 08:04 PM. Reason: Staff Edit to remove portions of this post that is a direct response to the edited portion of the quoted post.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141163
04/11/12 07:54 PM
04/11/12 07:54 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
ADMIN HAT ON!!!!

Temporarily closing this thread until after the Admin Staff are finished reviewing it.

ADMIN HAT OFF!!!

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141164
04/11/12 08:07 PM
04/11/12 08:07 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
ADMIN HAT ON!!!

Posts edited with a reminder to focus on the topic and be kind to one another in the process. smile

Thread also re-opened.

ADMIN HAT OFF!!!

Daryl smile

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Daryl] #141235
04/14/12 08:42 PM
04/14/12 08:42 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
After all of that wickedness, I was in front of 5000 people as supporting act for Great White and I heard the Still small voice say "why do you kick against the pricks?".

I was shocked and went home and fasted and prayed for 7 days reading scripture as my only food. I don't know why except that it was the only place my mind was at rest.

On the seventh day of the fast I had read through the old Testament and came to Matthew chapter 12 and read "the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath" and a light warmed my mind and I heard the Still small voice very loudly say "this will lead you home to me" and I was given complete victory over sinful desires and never drank alcohol again.

I have been shown how to apply this same redeeming power to all the sins in my life and I am completely different today than I was then. Thank you Heavenly Father.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141237
04/14/12 09:21 PM
04/14/12 09:21 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Amen! sabbath

After all of that wickedness, I was in front of 5000 people as supporting act for Great White and I heard the Still small voice say "why do you kick against the pricks?".

I was shocked and went home and fasted and prayed for 7 days reading scripture as my only food. I don't know why except that it was the only place my mind was at rest.

On the seventh day of the fast I had read through the old Testament and came to Matthew chapter 12 and read "the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath" and a light warmed my mind and I heard the Still small voice very loudly say "this will lead you home to me" and I was given complete victory over sinful desires and never drank alcohol again.

I have been shown how to apply this same redeeming power to all the sins in my life and I am completely different today than I was then. Thank you Heavenly Father.

Daryl smile

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141339
04/17/12 07:59 PM
04/17/12 07:59 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
jamesonofthunder,

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT meant to be inflammatory, although I realize that it may be perceived as such by some. It is simply a statement of my position on the subject, based on experience.

I believe that a bit of history will help with the larger picture. I have been associated with this church (SDA) since my birth in the ‘50s, and for the last 20 or so years as a dedicated, participating member. (That’ll be a shock to some of you--LOL) During this time I have seen many ex-bikers/rockers/gangstas/pimps/drug runners/___/_____/_____ come and go, all claiming to have a message from God, or saying we would do well to listen to them.

John Todd, ex-High Priest of the Illuminati, Steve Marshall and David Meeker of “Grandma and the sea of Glass” fame, Ernie Knoll and his visions, recently mentioned on this forum, the visions of some woman in the ‘80’s who’s name I can’t remember, not to mention all the local “born agains” who claim God speaks to them personally.

It seems some who have come out of some great evil life-style feel that this qualifies them to instruct others who have not, and to do so without reference to any proof or documentation other than their personal conversion story. I reject this position, no offence intended.

So if I seem a bit jaded at your remarkable claims you might understand why.

Time will tell.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: JAK] #141346
04/18/12 11:00 AM
04/18/12 11:00 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
jamesonofthunder,

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT meant to be inflammatory, although I realize that it may be perceived as such by some. It is simply a statement of my position on the subject, based on experience.

I believe that a bit of history will help with the larger picture. I have been associated with this church (SDA) since my birth in the ‘50s, and for the last 20 or so years as a dedicated, participating member. (That’ll be a shock to some of you--LOL) During this time I have seen many ex-bikers/rockers/gangstas/pimps/drug runners/___/_____/_____ come and go, all claiming to have a message from God, or saying we would do well to listen to them.

John Todd, ex-High Priest of the Illuminati, Steve Marshall and David Meeker of “Grandma and the sea of Glass” fame, Ernie Knoll and his visions, recently mentioned on this forum, the visions of some woman in the ‘80’s who’s name I can’t remember, not to mention all the local “born agains” who claim God speaks to them personally.

It seems some who have come out of some great evil life-style feel that this qualifies them to instruct others who have not, and to do so without reference to any proof or documentation other than their personal conversion story. I reject this position, no offence intended.

So if I seem a bit jaded at your remarkable claims you might understand why.

Time will tell.

I know exactly what you are saying here. I am not against you telling this part of the story either.

We all know that staying a virgin is the best proof of the life of a Christian. I am never to replace that testimony.

I testify that I have come from the dregs and have been redeemed from my shame. I have seen others try to glorify my past and I withdraw from them because of the shame of my past.

But this I can claim in the name of Jesus...

Luke 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

48 And he said unto her (Me), Thy sins are forgiven.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!