HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, Daryl, dedication, 3 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141347
04/18/12 12:10 PM
04/18/12 12:10 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I will share something for you to illustrate how my God speaks to me and guides me directly to the truth. You be the judge.

Everyone here has probably read how I was led to the Sabbath by the Holy Spirit. But directly after having that powerful experience in 1995, I was given a dream. This dream was before I had read any of the Spirit of Prophecy mind you.

In the dream I was on board a train. It was dark and ominous. I looked out the window and could see it was heading to an abyss. It wasn't going too fast so I jumped off, and headed west while the train continued to the abyss heading south. (I was raised Catholic and had no real idea about scripture's true message until lead to the Sabbath when I got off the train heading to Perdition)

(After having this dream I read about Mrs. Whites dream of the whole world on board the train heading with lightning speed to perdition and the Holy Spirit confirmed my dream.)

After the train, there was a very long journey across an open field with nothing growing on it and I was without human companionship. (I was so alone after leaving my past life, the church barely wanted anything to do with me because the testimony of my extreme conversion).

On the other side of the field I saw a circus. Tired and lonely I sought refuge there. (After 3 1/2 years of family persecution and trials in the church, one night my Dad in a drunken rage threw me out of my apartment and fired me from the family business and I left in fear of my life. Walking 10 miles across Fairbanks at 1 AM in 30 below weather I was cold and stopped to warm up in the only open business around which was a club I used to play in. The band recognized me and treated me like a long lost local hero and drew me in. That night I was offered a job and place to live making really good money but it required playing on Friday night. Reluctantly I took the job and was flown to Nome AK the next day.)

When I reached the Big Top in the dream I met a woman usher at the door who was beautiful and attracted to me. (My first night in Nome I met a beautiful woman who moved right into my life)

I entered the Big Top and fought my way across the crowd to front row. The master of ceremonies came in and opened a large trunk on the floor and announced "now you shall see the power of god" and wicked fire fell from heaven and filled the trunk. My hair stood on end because I realized that what I was witnessing was not from God, so I fought with all my strength to turn around and make my way back to the door. When I got there I turned around and everyone in the tent was consumed. (After my fall, breaking the Sabbath, I went as far as working for Ozzy again and God opened to my mind the fulfillment of this dream to be awakened from the lure of the big top.)

At the door was another beautiful woman. (The very night I gave my notice to everyone that I was retiring again from the Circus, and for good , I met another beautiful woman who tormented me for three years) She had a football in her hand (we broke up on the night of the Superbowl)and she threw it at me and taunted me saying "come on tough guy, throw it at me with all your might." I didn't want to hurt her so I threw it respectably hard but restrained and she caught it with ease and said "is that all you've got?" and then the master of Ceremonies stood beside me and said "let me try" and he knocked her off her pedestal. (I tried so hard to convert her to being an SDA. But to reward me she would do the most hateful things against me with other men.)

I walked away very sad in the dream and looked back and saw her in his arms and laughing. (she got swept up in the Rock and roll world I got her access to, and would not come out.)

Leaving the Circus to the north I next walked into a field of wheat that was white with kernels. There was just a sliver of sunlight remaining above the horizon to my left and the light was golden, shimmering above the wheat. I heard the Still Small Voice say "the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few" and I woke up from the dream.

Every single aspect of the dream has been perfectly fulfilled all the way to the end. Not one aspect has failed. My God showed me before hand exactly how I would be tested and fail and brought through the mix to a perfect end. I love my Lord more after all I've been through.

Since my permanent retirement from the 'circus' I have been lead to a wonderful ministry. I started a Smoothie shop before the recession and was privileged to teach thousands of people about the Sabbath by being closed on Sabbath and the health reform message by naming the shop "Pulse" after Daniel 1:12. I have started to receive more and more insight by dreams and visions and impressions and I'm closer to Christ now than ever.

I have seen miracles and such amazingly powerful answers to prayer that I will never change my mind again. I am sealed because the sealing "is not any seal or mark that can be seen, but a settling into the truth, both intellectually and spiritually, so they cannot be moved—The S.D.A. Bible Commentary 4:1161 (1902). {LDE 219.4}

This is my testimony in the name of Christ Jesus our redeemer.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141384
04/20/12 11:14 AM
04/20/12 11:14 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"The Lord has shown me would take place just before the close of probation. Every uncouth thing will be demonstrated. There will be shouting, with drums, music, and dancing. The senses of rational beings will become so confused that they cannot be trusted to make right decisions.... {LDE 159.1}

A bedlam of noise shocks the senses and perverts that which if conducted aright might be a blessing. The powers of satanic agencies blend with the din and noise to have a carnival, and this is termed the Holy Spirit’s working.... Those things which have been in the past will be in the future. Satan will make music a snare by the way in which it is conducted.—Selected Messages 2:36, 38 (1900). {LDE 159.2}

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #147463
11/25/12 01:49 AM
11/25/12 01:49 AM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
Jesus, The Father and Holy Spirit are ALL GOD! the lyrics of "Majesty" are evil?

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: D R] #147465
11/25/12 01:28 PM
11/25/12 01:28 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Who said the lyrics of "Majesty" are evil?

The way the lyrics of "Majesty" are sung and the way the music is played could be evil, but that doesn't mean the words themselves would be evil.

We can even make the song, "Amazing Grace" evil, not because of the lyrics, but because of the way the music is played and the way the words are sung.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Daryl] #147514
11/26/12 09:04 PM
11/26/12 09:04 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
You all prove your ignorance brothers.

Did Jesus pray to Himself? Jesus told us to pray to the Father, in His name, not to Him.

He said to pray "OUR FATHER which art in heaven...for THINE IS THE KINGDOM POWER AND GLORY FOREVER".

"Jesus said, “Ye shall ask in My name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: for the Father Himself loveth you.” ... John 16:26, 27.... But to pray in the name of Jesus is something more than a mere mention of that name at the beginning and the ending of a prayer. It is to pray in the mind and spirit of Jesus, while we believe His promises, rely upon His grace, and work His works. {CSA 27.9}

We are to pray to the Father in the name of the Son. If we are IN CHRIST we stand in the body of the Son, so why would we pray to the SON?

Show me one place in scripture or the Spirit of Prophecy that it says we should pray to Jesus. It does say to "come to Jesus and present your prayers to the Lord" but this is the same as saying bring your prayers to the Father in the name of the Son.

Phil 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of the Father.

And you all wonder why your prayers aren't answered. SO IGNORANT, and you criticize a messenger from God in your ignorance!

So in the song 'Majesty' written by a fallen Christian, when he repeats over and over "Unto Jesus be all glory power and praise" this is not biblical, and totally unfounded in our faith. Brought in by other ignorant men claiming our faith so they can close their eyes and raise their hands to the ceiling in defiance of God's truth.

Not to mention that we should not use vain repetitions in our hymns and prayers.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

"Majesty, worship His majesty. Unto Jesus, unto Jesus, Unto Jesus, unto Jesus, Unto Jesus... etc, etc, etc.

The men responsible for bringing the new Hymnal into our church are the same men who bring the Omega of Apostasy.

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #147847
12/03/12 03:43 PM
12/03/12 03:43 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Is there really such a thing as "Christian Rock" that is truly Christian?

Daryl smile

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Daryl] #147879
12/04/12 06:19 AM
12/04/12 06:19 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Majesty worship His Majesty
Unto Jesus, be all glory,
Power and praise
Majesty, Kingdom authority
Flow from His throne,
Unto his own, His anthem raise.

So exalt, lift up on high
The Name of Jesus
Magnify, come glorify,
Christ Jesus the King
Majesty, worship His Majesty
Jesus who died, now glorified,
King of all Kings.

---------------
Bible:
2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Rev. 5:12 Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
vs. 6 let all the angels of God worship him.

Phil. 2:9 Wherefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: dedication] #147910
12/04/12 04:43 PM
12/04/12 04:43 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I don't see any special evil in the song "Majesty." It seems quite simple and biblical to me. I would take issue with other contemporary songs such as "Above All."

Comparison of Lyrics with Scripture
"Above All" LyricsScripture Perspective

Verse 1
Above all powers
Above all kings
Above all nature
And all created things
Above all wisdom
And all the ways of man
You were here
Before the world began
Who is above all earthly powers, kings, and nature? Who was here before the world began? There are two possibilities here: Christ and Satan. These are the two "princes" spoken of in the book of Daniel. Neither is directly mentioned in the song.

Verse 2
Above all kingdoms
Above all thrones
Above all wonders
The world has ever known
Above all wealth
And treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure
What You're worth
Again, there are two possibilities here: Christ and Satan. The Bible says we are to praise "the name of the LORD." Where is it in this song?

CHORUS

Crucified

Laid behind the stone

You lived to die

Rejected and alone

Like a rose

Trampled on the ground

You took the fall

And thought of me

Above all

Here's where the lyrics finally show their true colors. The song clearly alludes now to Jesus' crucifixion and burial. But there are theological problems presented here which indicate the true inspiration for the words.
  1. Jesus is left in the grave. No mention is made of His resurrection or victory. He is as one defeated.
  2. He is said to have "lived to die." This has no scriptural support. Mrs. White frequently said that Jesus "lived to bless." He had a purpose for living that went far beyond His death.
  3. "Trampled on the ground..."-- This is contradicted in scripture. Jesus was the One doing the trampling, not the one getting trampled! (See Genesis 3:15.) The snake is the one who gets trampled, not Jesus!
  4. "You took the fall..."-- Did Jesus fall? No! Never! He took sin upon Himself, but He did not ever fall, nor did He sin. Had He fallen, He would most certainly have remained in the grave where this song leaves Him.

This song is better seen as Satan's victory dance theme. He is trying, through the words of this song, to tell Jesus that His sacrifice was for nought, that He "lived to die, rejected and alone." Satan wishes to tell Jesus that He was "trampled" and "fallen." But it is simply not true. Praise God that Jesus was victorious over sin, and death, and that He rose in triumph over Satan and his host!

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Daryl] #147918
12/04/12 07:40 PM
12/04/12 07:40 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Is there really such a thing as "Christian Rock" that is truly Christian?

No.

Harold T.
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Green Cochoa] #147937
12/04/12 11:26 PM
12/04/12 11:26 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
I don't see any special evil in the song "Majesty." It seems quite simple and biblical to me. I would take issue with other contemporary songs such as "Above All."

Comparison of Lyrics with Scripture
"Above All" LyricsScripture Perspective

Verse 1
Above all powers
Above all kings
Above all nature
And all created things
Above all wisdom
And all the ways of man
You were here
Before the world began
Who is above all earthly powers, kings, and nature? Who was here before the world began? There are two possibilities here: Christ and Satan. These are the two "princes" spoken of in the book of Daniel. Neither is directly mentioned in the song.

Verse 2
Above all kingdoms
Above all thrones
Above all wonders
The world has ever known
Above all wealth
And treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure
What You're worth
Again, there are two possibilities here: Christ and Satan. The Bible says we are to praise "the name of the LORD." Where is it in this song?

CHORUS

Crucified

Laid behind the stone

You lived to die

Rejected and alone

Like a rose

Trampled on the ground

You took the fall

And thought of me

Above all

Here's where the lyrics finally show their true colors. The song clearly alludes now to Jesus' crucifixion and burial. But there are theological problems presented here which indicate the true inspiration for the words.
  1. Jesus is left in the grave. No mention is made of His resurrection or victory. He is as one defeated.
  2. He is said to have "lived to die." This has no scriptural support. Mrs. White frequently said that Jesus "lived to bless." He had a purpose for living that went far beyond His death.
  3. "Trampled on the ground..."-- This is contradicted in scripture. Jesus was the One doing the trampling, not the one getting trampled! (See Genesis 3:15.) The snake is the one who gets trampled, not Jesus!
  4. "You took the fall..."-- Did Jesus fall? No! Never! He took sin upon Himself, but He did not ever fall, nor did He sin. Had He fallen, He would most certainly have remained in the grave where this song leaves Him.

This song is better seen as Satan's victory dance theme. He is trying, through the words of this song, to tell Jesus that His sacrifice was for nought, that He "lived to die, rejected and alone." Satan wishes to tell Jesus that He was "trampled" and "fallen." But it is simply not true. Praise God that Jesus was victorious over sin, and death, and that He rose in triumph over Satan and his host!

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Interesting, as I never dissected that song, or any other song, in the manner that you did.

Daryl smile

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!