HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Harold Fair] #143345
06/13/12 05:00 PM
06/13/12 05:00 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
No, he says “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” The 'this' event that he's talking about is obviously the opening of the door, opened in heaven when Jesus passed into the Holy place when He ascended to heaven. Then later that door is closed and the most Holy is revealed, standard Adventist 101. The proof that this is the first compartment is the fact that "before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God" the golden lamp stands which is the Holy not the Most Holy.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Harold Fair] #143346
06/13/12 05:01 PM
06/13/12 05:01 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Harold Fair
You are not reading the first verse of chapter 4. The angel tells John that he will show him things TO COME. Hereafter..Later..In the future..

No, he says "Come up hither, and I will shew thee what it behoveth to come to pass after these things;" (Young's Literal Translation) The 'things' that he's talking about is obviously the opening of the door which comes first. "After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven!"

This opening of the door in heaven is when Jesus came to earth. The scene in the throne-room next in Chapter 5 shows the desperate need for a savior, so it is not future. It shows no one capable of getting the job done until Jesus appearing on the scene, when He ascended to heaven. It is the opening of the door, completed at the moment Jesus was ordained as High Priest in heaven.

Later that door is closed and the most Holy is revealed beginning the judgment, Adventist 101.

The proof, that this is the first compartment, is the fact that "before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God" (V5). The golden lamp stands are across from God's throne, the Table of Shew-bread, in the Holy Place not the Most Holy.

Chapter 5 talks about the scroll with seven seals then chapter 6 begins the opening of the seals in sequence so the scenes before must occur in order before the opening of the seals which we as Adventists know have been happening for a very long time.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: jamesonofthunder] #143360
06/13/12 07:56 PM
06/13/12 07:56 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
That is why I use the KJV. It clearly says, "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter." Hereafter WHAT? "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Future. I get the same impression from that text as I do Revelation 11:19. Future.

Harold T.
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Harold Fair] #143364
06/13/12 11:07 PM
06/13/12 11:07 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Herold, As I started looking up your text thinking I had reached Revelation 4, I discovered I was only in 1 John where verse 1 in chapter 4 reads: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." Reminds us we are to test for ourselves.

With you I find it difficult not to consider that John is invited to see now what will take place in the future.Through the prophetic reality John is at the present discovering what will take place in the future. It becomes vivid to him at that time.

What a privilege John had to see things the way God sees them. I think a majority of Bible translation agree with the KJV on this point, like the following:

Revelation 4:1 Amplified Bible (AMP)

4 After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice which I had heard addressing me like [the calling of] a [a]war trumpet said, Come up here, and I will show you what must take place in the future.

Revelation 4:1
J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
The vision of Heaven

4 Later I looked again, and before my eyes a door stood open in Heaven, and in my ears was the voice with the ring of a trumpet, which I had heard at first, speaking to me and saying, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen in the future.”

Revelation 4:1 New International Version (NIV)
The Throne in Heaven

4 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Johann] #143368
06/14/12 12:53 AM
06/14/12 12:53 AM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
Thank you, Johann. Like you, I don't really believe this subject has much to do with salvation, I just think we should stick to basics and leave the guess work to others.

Harold T.
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Harold Fair] #143369
06/14/12 06:00 AM
06/14/12 06:00 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
That is why I use the KJV. It clearly says, "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter." Hereafter WHAT? "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Future. I get the same impression from that text as I do Revelation 11:19. Future.

Brother, the most common use of this word "hereafter" is "after this moment".

here·af·ter (hîr-ftr)
adv.
1. Immediately following this in time, order, or place; after this.

In the English Standard Version (the version most quoted from by Mrs. White) the verse says “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” which fits with this interpretation.

In that same chapter (4) the four living creatures say “Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”

This proves that that the Lord has come to earth at this time.

So the prophecy of Rev 4 seeing the open door to the throne room in the Holy Place in heaven, gives the heavenly overview of after Jesus left heaven for earth. Then Rev 5 begins showing the need for Jesus to come, then after Jesus came to earth He was found worthy to take the scroll. After the ordination of Jesus in heaven as High Priest entrance into heaven was assured, so Rev 5 is showing the opening of the door to heaven mentioned at the beginning of rev 4. Then we see the opening of the seals in Rev 6.

Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Harold Fair] #143371
06/14/12 06:39 AM
06/14/12 06:39 AM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Thank you, Johann. Like you, I don't really believe this subject has much to do with salvation, I just think we should stick to basics and leave the guess work to others.

Thank you, Harold. Scripture is given for our edification, and it is alway good to compare Scripture with Scripture. I find it interesting to note how chapter 4 ends:

10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

And then notice how this compares with Rev. 14:6-7:

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Johann] #143375
06/14/12 01:02 PM
06/14/12 01:02 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
Amen.

Harold T.
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Harold Fair] #143378
06/14/12 03:54 PM
06/14/12 03:54 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Revelation 4 is when Jesus came to earth and the door was open for the Gentiles, "And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles". Acts 14:27 This is the door that was opened in Rev 4.

Revelation 14 is when Jesus entered the most Holy Place to begin judgment and the people of God begin to proclaim the three angels message.

Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Green Cochoa] #143410
06/15/12 06:44 PM
06/15/12 06:44 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: Johann
I am brought up with the understanding that the 24 elders were those who rose up with Christ and went with him to heaven. I see no reason why I should change that now, nor that it has any importance for my salvation.

I fully agree with you, Johann. To my understanding, the 24 elders were representative of the "first fruits" of the earth and are comprised of those whom God has already taken to Heaven.

I find this very disappointing. And surprised someone would actually admit it.

I have found most of what I was brought up with regarding most anything is wrong. And what is disappointing is for someone to just accept what they've been told, that it must be right without questioning it. Something like, we have Abraham as our forefather, comes to mind... Or, I was born a Republican/Democrat/whatever and I'll die one. Or, My pappy believed this way and if it was good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

Whatever happened to the idea of being able to support what you believe, being able to give a reason for what you believe, rather than, "Well, I've always been told..."

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!