HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Linda Shelton's New Job [Re: Daryl] #148560
12/30/12 11:58 PM
12/30/12 11:58 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Good point, Rosangela, except that I believe the president of that conference was on 3ABN's Board of Directors at that time, as well as one or more other members of 3ABN's Board of Directors, so it is possible that Linda Shelton also didn't think she would have received a fair hearing from them.

A unique situation here. Yes, the conference president was a member of the board of 3ABN at that time. It looks like that by the time she was vindicated that president was on the staff of NAD as an advisor to the president.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Linda Shelton's New Job [Re: Johann] #148581
12/31/12 07:31 PM
12/31/12 07:31 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I wonder what prompted the NAD to vindicate her, and how does that affect Danny Shelton's responsibility in regards to that?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Linda Shelton's New Job [Re: Daryl] #148587
01/01/13 12:40 AM
01/01/13 12:40 AM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
As far as I recall from the accounts I received, Linda was "summonend," including the air fare to come to see the president and a vice president of NAD where they tearfully heard her account, asked her forgiveness that the church had not given her support. Before leaving she was given a "Green card" which gave her free access to any official church function within NAD, including singing and preaching at events like camp meetings.

It seems evident they had done their own investigation of the events before this took place. A primary source told me personally that Danny Shelton never responded when he was summoned to take part in such an investigation by the NAD.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Linda Shelton's New Job [Re: Johann] #148590
01/01/13 04:17 AM
01/01/13 04:17 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
The whole affair was an unfortunate situation that shows how actively Satan is working to thwart the purposes of God.

While 3ABN aired commercials showing Danny and Linda to be a happy couple, Satan was dividing to conquer. While 3ABN had marriage counseling programs to uplift family values, its president blazed a trail apart from the path that the network was laying out as a better way.

When everything settled down the damage to 3ABN's credibility was done. Linda suffered shame in this he said she said debacle. The president remarried a younger woman. And the setting aside of the word of God for the ways of man set God's work back. Instead of finishing the work that was started with such promise, 3ABN may well have lost souls for the kingdom who were disgusted with this public demonstration of lovelessness by the people of the book who should have demonstrated a higher regard for the Father's children. It impacted me. When the Lord blessed me with the means to make a sizable contribution to His work (before I retired to a life of hand to mouth dependence on God), 3ABN was not among the top 100 possible recipients. Within a year of their divorce, I almost completely stopped watching the network and I prayed for a season that God would withhold contributions from 3ABN (not to close their work, but enough to get their attention). In the last 2-3 years I have not watched 3ABN even once.

How much better it would have been if they had separated for months or years ( without divorcing) until time had been allowed to heal the wounds and reconciliation in Christ had come about. That would have testified that even Christians have trouble in their relationships, but that the Lord can and does work to keep to together that which He has united.

But Satan was hell-bent on crashing Danny's influence upon the same rock that got Jim Baker and David. The particulars were crafted to test the character and tailor made for the specific individuals. The rest is history.

It is good to see that Linda is still serving the Lord. When Paul and Barnabas separated, instead of having one missionary team the Church had 2 teams (Paul and Silas - Barnabas and Mark). So in spite of Satan's attacks on the members, God's Church will be victorious.

Happy New Year, the year of our Lord 2013.

His Child

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Linda Shelton's New Job [Re: His child] #148788
01/06/13 01:01 AM
01/06/13 01:01 AM
B
Bob Pickle  Offline
Active Member 2013
Dedicated Member
Halstad, MN
Given that Danny and Linda's divorce was final in June 2004, hopefully they will finish dividing up their marital property, finally. It really seems odd that it would take so long, or that Danny would try to hide his substantial book royalty and kickback income. Humanly speaking, it isn't odd, but from a spiritual standpoint it seems so odd to me.

But then again, it seems very odd that Danny would connive to obtain kickbacks. Royalties, okay, but kickbacks?

Re: Linda Shelton's New Job [Re: Rosangela] #148789
01/06/13 02:51 AM
01/06/13 02:51 AM
B
Bob Pickle  Offline
Active Member 2013
Dedicated Member
Halstad, MN
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:
I will say again: The CHURCH MANUAL serves to advise. It is not always followed.

But it should. There is no purpose in making rules that won't be followed. In my opinion she shouldn't have requested her removal from membership, and in case she was unduly removed, her reinstatement should have been done via the conference (p. 67), or even union conference, or division.

In my opinion at the time, she shouldn't have requested the removal of her membership, but there is another issue that complicates things. She was heading for a church trial for her alleged abandonment of her marriage and ministry, and therefore had a right to defend herself. But rascally Danny Shelton had gotten her to sign a contract with 3ABN that prohibited her from saying anything negative about her ex-husband Danny, so she couldn't defend herself.

Did Danny reimburse 3ABN for this personal benefit? Was its value reported on his IRS Form W-2? Perhaps such a benefit doesn't need to be reported, but it is substantial, and I would think Danny should reimburse 3ABN at least for part of whatever the legal expenses were that were charged by the attorney that drafted the contract.

At any rate, when Linda asked Danny what it would take for her to be released from that gag provision so she could defend herself, Danny told her she would need to return the $150,000 she had already received from 3ABN, and forfeit the $6,000 a month she was still receiving. See http://www.save-3abn.com/3abn-and-linda-shelton-separation-contract-trial.htm.

Re: Linda Shelton's New Job [Re: Bob Pickle] #148852
01/09/13 02:10 PM
01/09/13 02:10 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Wasn't that local church aware of Danny's and 3ABN's conditions?

In other words, wasn't that local church aware that Linda couldn't defend herself without giving up her only source of income?

Daryl smile

Re: Linda Shelton's New Job [Re: Daryl] #148866
01/09/13 09:18 PM
01/09/13 09:18 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Wasn't that local church aware of Danny's and 3ABN's conditions?

In other words, wasn't that local church aware that Linda couldn't defend herself without giving up her only source of income?

From some of the documents and statements from board members at that time I heard and saw, Danny Shelton, as a typical psychopath, governed completely the thinking of the pastor and the board. Even for morning worship people were lead to believe that since Danny had received the vision from God to build that TV station he was a true prophet and spokesman for God. Therefore the people at the station were told at these morning worships to regard the words of Danny Shelton as if they were spoken by God himself, and must be obeyed without any questions asked.

Fictitious miracle stories were told in writing and speech to verify the divinity in everything that happened there. In the beginning I accepted what I saw there as truth, and tried to convey the message to others, regarding this as my job and responsibility.

Re: Linda Shelton's New Job [Re: Johann] #148873
01/09/13 10:11 PM
01/09/13 10:11 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Johann
Even for morning worship people were lead to believe that since Danny had received the vision from God to build that TV station he was a true prophet and spokesman for God. Therefore the people at the station were told at these morning worships to regard the words of Danny Shelton as if they were spoken by God himself, and must be obeyed without any questions asked.

Sounds like a Jones cult?

Didn't Baalim start out as a true prophet.

Didn't his love of money do him in?

If 3ABN has been on the air about 30-years, that is a long time for a man to serve the Lord without faltering. Even Abraham's faith did not hold out for 30-years, when he took Hagar to wife. But God put him back on track and he remained faithful for the next 75-years +/-. But God sure tested his metal before laying him to rest.

The Lord called Danny to do a work. And God will finish the work with or without Danny.

Danny is not the problem, the devil is.

The more important the work, the more Satan attacks the workers that are doing the work that God ordained. In a devilish effort to stop God's work at 3ABN, Satan took Linda off the air, destroyed Danny's credibility, and probably allowed some folks at 3ABN to have more influence than they would have had if things had been different.

I hope we are praying for them as much as we are critiquing their situation.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Linda Shelton's New Job [Re: His child] #149044
01/15/13 02:27 AM
01/15/13 02:27 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
What about the one who betrayed Jesus?

What about the one who denied Jesus?

Daryl smile

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!