HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,198
Posts195,591
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, TruthinTypes, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,635 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Mountain Man] #150700
03/13/13 05:21 PM
03/13/13 05:21 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment upon all." Jude 14, 15.

Besides the coming of the Lord to His temple, Malachi also foretells His second advent, His coming for the execution of the judgment, in these words: "And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not Me, saith the Lord of hosts." Malachi 3:5. Jude refers to the same scene when he says, "Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds." Jude 14, 15. This coming, and the coming of the Lord to His temple, are distinct and separate events. {GC 425.3}

The forbearance that God has exercised toward the wicked, emboldens men in transgression; but their punishment will be none the less certain and terrible for being long delayed. . . . While He does not delight in vengeance, He will execute judgment upon the transgressors of His law. He is forced to do this, to preserve the inhabitants of the earth from utter depravity and ruin. In order to save some He must cut off those who become hardened in sin. . . . And the very fact of His reluctance to execute justice testifies to the enormity of the sins that call forth His judgments and to the severity of the retribution awaiting the transgressor. {CC 155.4}

MM:
Did God execute judgement on Jerusalem? YES
Was Jerusalem destroyed? YES
Is the destruction of Jerusalem a warning to us? YES
Was God the cause of the destruction of Jerusalem? NO

Speaking of the destruction of Jerusalem:
Originally Posted By: EGW
We cannot know how much we owe to Christ for the peace and protection which we enjoy. It is the restraining power of God that prevents mankind from passing fully under the control of Satan. The disobedient and unthankful have great reason for gratitude for God's mercy and long-suffering in holding in check the cruel, malignant power of the evil one. But when men pass the limits of divine forbearance, that restraint is removed. God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown. Every ray of light rejected, every warning despised or unheeded, every passion indulged, every transgression of the law of God, is a seed sown which yields its unfailing harvest. The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan. The destruction of Jerusalem is a fearful and solemn warning to all who are trifling with the offers of divine grace and resisting the pleadings of divine mercy. Never was there given a more decisive testimony to God's hatred of sin and to the certain punishment that will fall upon the guilty. {GC 36.1}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Green Cochoa] #150702
03/13/13 06:05 PM
03/13/13 06:05 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
"Love me or I'll kill you" has always seemed to me to be the skeptics' argument against God's love.
Kind of an eye opener isn't it? If we were to take the same position as skeptics, where does that leave us?

Quote:
God does not execute justice for any of our sin-tainted reasons which color our perception of how God may be acting. You see, God has no sin. What He does is done in perfect fairness and love.
Yes, the husband is killing the bride in 'perfect fairness and love'. He is killing his bride who does not love him, purely out of his love for her.

(Does that make any sense whatsoever? shocked )

It comes down to one's view of God.

Do you believe Ellen White when she says God is the restorer and not the destroyer?

If you believe God is the restorer, then everything you read you will either see God restoring or you will see that you must have misread something, and keep searching to make what appears to be to fit in that God is not the one destroying.

Likewise, if you believe God is the destroyer, then everything you read, you will see Him as destroying, and those places where it appears otherwise, you will assume you must have misread it and keep searching to make what appears to be to fit in that God does indeed destroy.

It's much like the evolutionists. They see as an absolute fact that God did not create life. Therefore, anything that appears not to have evolved on it's own, they spin it to make it so. Creationists do the same. It's a matter of your presumed premise.

So when you read things like:
1Ch 10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;
1Ch 10:14 And enquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.

and if you believe God destroys, then is there any further need to understand it? It's as plain as day that God slew Saul, the Bible tells you so, therefore you don't need to think any more. Right?

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: kland] #150703
03/13/13 06:06 PM
03/13/13 06:06 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So which is it? Is God the destroyer or the restorer?

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #150707
03/13/13 06:21 PM
03/13/13 06:21 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Genesis 6:7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Genesis 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Genesis 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made I will destroy from off the face of the earth.

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Psalm 101:8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.

Tell me APL, who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrha? Did fire NOT come from heaven? Are you saying the devil sent fire from heaven to destroy the wicked in those cities?

Do you remember Jesus saying, "as it was in the days of Lot so shall it be at the coming of the son of man"?

Psalm 145:20 The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

You prove to whom you listen to and serve by your testimony in this issue.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: kland] #150708
03/13/13 06:35 PM
03/13/13 06:35 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: kland
So which is it? Is God the destroyer or the restorer?

If we do not permit God to restore us, He reluctantly destroys us so there will be harmony throughout His creation.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: kland] #150709
03/13/13 06:56 PM
03/13/13 06:56 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Yes, the husband is killing the bride in 'perfect fairness and love'. He is killing his bride who does not love him, purely out of his love for her.

(Does that make any sense whatsoever? shocked )

I am shocked, I had no idea you were this far away from truth Kland.

Where do you get the idea that God is on our level? Where you born perfect?

If the woman I wanted to marry treated the truth as most in our church do, I would never have married her in the first place.

The analogy of the husband and wife is when we accept his forgiveness and receive His seal, so where do the people who never accept God fit in your analogy? Does he not destroy those who hate Him?

What about those who break the marriage covenant?

"No stronger delusion can possess the human mind than that which makes men believe they are on the right foundation, and that God accepts their works, when they are sinning against him. When placed in the furnace fire to be tried by the great Refiner, much that has been esteemed fine gold will be consumed as dross. Can Christ say of his professed followers, These are my peculiar people; I gave myself for them, to redeem them from all iniquity, that they should show forth my praise, who have called them out of darkness into my marvelous light. Would not the Lord say, rather, How is the beautiful city become a harlot, and my Father’s house a place of merchandise. Because of your unbelief, I cannot do many mighty works among you. (changing us into HIS IMAGE is the mighty work) The same spirit is coming into the church. However guilty a wrong-doer may be, however lamentable the results of his course, he will find sympathizers. When he is reproved, there are unconsecrated ones who stand ready to sustain him. By their unwise sympathy, they lead him to look upon himself as abused, and thus they effectually bar his way to repentance and reform. {RH November 7, 1882, par. 14}

(This is what is happening in this discussion right now! You are proving yourselves.)

The approval of men—even of professed Christians—is no evidence of the favor of God. The Christian experience of thousands is gauged by the standard of those who profess to love the truth and to be servants of Christ, but who serve Satan. In their blindness and self-complacency, many are saying, “I am rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing,” when Christ declares that they are poor and miserable, blind and naked. To such he addresses the solemn admonition, “I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.” {RH November 7, 1882, par. 15}

We all must go through the furnace of affliction so we may purged of evil. Evil dies in the flames but those who love God are purified.

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #150737
03/14/13 04:17 PM
03/14/13 04:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, it sounds as though you believe God
does not mete out punishment Himself.

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Mountain Man] #150739
03/14/13 05:12 PM
03/14/13 05:12 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Perhaps APL and kland believe that it is a bad thing to destroy sinners. If their own mothers or children were in danger of being shot by an armed robber in their home, they would not want to call in the police, because the robber might get killed. And if the robber were killed, the police would have sinned because they didn't love the robber. And, of course, there's no way that they would choose to kill the robber themselves. Just let him keep on pillaging the home and harming its occupants. That would be the loving thing to do.

Satan is the robber. He is destroying God's children and stealing their joy. Does God love the Sinner too much to stop him?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Mountain Man] #150741
03/14/13 05:17 PM
03/14/13 05:17 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
APL, it sounds as though you believe God
does not mete out punishment Himself.
Seem? MM, I'm disappointed. Am I that obscure? God does not have to "mete out punishment". The punishment of sin is intrinsic to the Sin. That is what makes sin so evil. EGW has make it clear in the quotes I have provided before how it is that sinners suffer punishment.
Originally Posted By: EGW
God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; ... {GC 36.1}

I was shown that the judgments of God would not come directly out from the Lord upon them, but in this way: ... {14MR 3.1}
Green likes to twist things to say that I believe sinners will not be punished. But nothing could be farther from the truth. THE question is how is God involved? Read Patriarchs and Prophets, chapter 1, "What was sin permitted?". It was permitted because of the accusations of Satan. If the sinners, Satan and his followers, were allowed to reap the natural consequences of sin, they would have perished. The on looking universe would not have understood the result of sin because of the lies Satan had told. The universe would have served God from FEAR. Toe the line or He will kill you!!! Nothing could be farther from the truth. The real truth is that if you reject God, then He will let you have your way, in fact freedom demands that He must, let you go. And you will die. God is not the destroyer. God is not the executioner. And we are believing Satan when we believe He is the destroyer. Satan is the destroyer. God is the restorer.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Green Cochoa] #150743
03/14/13 05:30 PM
03/14/13 05:30 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Perhaps APL and kland believe that it is a bad thing to destroy sinners. If their own mothers or children were in danger of being shot by an armed robber in their home, they would not want to call in the police, because the robber might get killed. And if the robber were killed, the police would have sinned because they didn't love the robber. And, of course, there's no way that they would choose to kill the robber themselves. Just let him keep on pillaging the home and harming its occupants. That would be the loving thing to do.

Satan is the robber. He is destroying God's children and stealing their joy. Does God love the Sinner too much to stop him?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Green has a problem. God had the power to stop Satan in the beginning. Why didn't he?

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:41 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!