Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:
Originally Posted By: Hebrews 10:26-29
For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins...who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

There you have the punitive definition of the Lord's judgment which is Babylonian origin and not Biblical.

?
What do you mean? That Hebrews 10:26-29 is of Babylonian origin?

I have to agree with Rosangela's question. I'm sure that's not what you meant by referring to my comment as in harmony with Babylonian (define that please) theology.

The punitive measures mentioned in the text just don't seem to be accompanied by any language that suggest that they serve a restorative function for the one who has finalized his rejection of God's grace.

Originally Posted By: Elle
We don't have His laws written in our heart, it is a process that requires time and often it is by putting us under the law's judgment that we come to have it written in our heart. One of the grace element into this is that the Father has ordained that His judgments are corrective in nature and not punitive like the Christendom(including SDAs) view it.

Originally Posted By: Jer 31:33
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people

All obedience is the fruit of having His law written on our hearts by His grace. I can see what you are saying and it is true in part. But what you are describing is the process of making what He has put in our hearts practical through experience. Sort of causing the seed which He implanted in our hearts to grow and bear fruit.