HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 52 53
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #156223
09/16/13 03:27 PM
09/16/13 03:27 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
What if we had only started keeping the data from 2010? What conclusion would you make if "thats all we had"?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #156260
09/17/13 04:32 AM
09/17/13 04:32 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
kland,

Do you disagree that the pendulum is swinging harder now than in times past? Do you disbelieve Jesus' words in saying that in the last days we will hear of earthquakes, floods, famines, and pestilences in diverse places? Do you recognize the trends in this direction as the modern fulfillment of those words?

Mrs. White says this: "Those who place themselves under God's control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady tread of the events ordained by Him to take place."

I guess the question boils down to this: "Have I placed myself under God's control, to be led and guided by Him?"

If I have, I will not fail to see these events for what they are. If I have not, it appears I will not recognize them for what they are. It's one or the other. Whose side am I on?

A corollary question would be: Whose side is modern "science" on?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Green Cochoa] #156262
09/17/13 05:12 AM
09/17/13 05:12 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Green - is God "causing" the increase swings? If so, how?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: APL] #156263
09/17/13 05:24 AM
09/17/13 05:24 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
Green - is God "causing" the increase swings? If so, how?

God has prophesied these things, APL. Prophecy does not equate to "cause," although it certainly can. Recognizing that the prophecies are being fulfilled is not the same as trying to point fingers at the causes of the fulfillments.

It is my belief that until the "It is finished!" declaration, God mostly works in our favor to prevent total destruction and to limit the damages that we, through demonic forces, bring upon ourselves.

I would expect you would agree with this. Where we may disagree is concerning events post-probationary time.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Green Cochoa] #156278
09/17/13 02:40 PM
09/17/13 02:40 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Do you disagree that the pendulum is swinging harder now than in times past?
With the information you presented, one cannot determine if the pendulum is swinging "harder". Actually, due to the lack of information, one is unable to determine if there even is a pendulum swinging at all.

Quote:
Do you disbelieve Jesus' words in saying that in the last days we will hear of earthquakes, floods, famines, and pestilences in diverse places?
I do not disbelieve Jesus' words. I do not see any correlation with His words about the future and poor science, or more accurately, wild conclusions.

Quote:
Do you recognize the trends in this direction as the modern fulfillment of those words?
I recognize that some trends based on my very, very, limited and short lifetime do indicate things are different today than yesterday. I also recognize that many worse things have happened way before my lifetime. And I also recognize that even 100 years falls way way short of making wildly speculative conclusions, and even much less of a mere 30 years.

Quote:
Mrs. White says this: "Those who place themselves under God's control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady tread of the events ordained by Him to take place."

I guess the question boils down to this: "Have I placed myself under God's control, to be led and guided by Him?"

If I have, I will not fail to see these events for what they are. If I have not, it appears I will not recognize them for what they are. It's one or the other. Whose side am I on?

A corollary question would be: Whose side is modern "science" on?
Science, or the global warming hype bandwagon? In the 70s they were telling us the world was going to freeze over due to global cooling. You are falling for a political ploy for extracting money. The only science involved is the abuse of science.

I don't disagree bad things are going to happen. They have been happening for 1000s of years. And the Bible tells us that it's going to get worse in the future. But there are too many chicken littles running around proclaiming the sky is falling. They are looking forward with great expectations to disaster and willing that it happens before its time.

What I'm saying is you haven't seen anything yet. You are blaming everything on the weather, but weather happens. As you said, it's been fluctuating. It has fluctuated way more in the past, so how can you possibly conclude anything based on mere 30 year record?

And you seemed to have avoided my question about, What if we had only started keeping the data from 2010? What conclusion would you make if "that's all we had"? Why is 30 years adequate and not 3?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #156290
09/17/13 07:00 PM
09/17/13 07:00 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: green
Where we may disagree is concerning events post-probationary time.
And WHAT is God going to do post-probation, inflict pain and torture? That is the work of a different power, not God. And to say that it is God, is siding with that other power.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: APL] #156301
09/18/13 02:39 AM
09/18/13 02:39 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: green
Where we may disagree is concerning events post-probationary time.
And WHAT is God going to do post-probation, inflict pain and torture? That is the work of a different power, not God. And to say that it is God, is siding with that other power.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Then Jesus will step out from between the Father and men, and God will keep silence no longer, but pour out His wrath on those who have rejected His truth. I saw that the anger of the nations, the wrath of God, and the time to judge the dead, were separate and distinct, one following the other; also that Michael had not stood up, and that the time of trouble, such as never was, had not yet commenced. The nations are now getting angry, but when our High Priest has finished His work in the sanctuary, He will stand up, put on the garments of vengeance, and then the seven last plagues will be poured out. {CET 100.2}

Do you reject this inspired commentary?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Green Cochoa] #156303
09/18/13 02:46 AM
09/18/13 02:46 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
You may find a way of explaining away that passage, but how do you explain this one?

At the general conference of believers in the present truth, held at Sutton, Vermont, September, 1850, I was shown that the seven last plagues will be poured out after Jesus leaves the sanctuary. Said the angel, "It is the wrath of God and the Lamb that causes the destruction or death of the wicked. At the voice of God the saints will be mighty and terrible as an army with banners, but they will not then execute the judgment written. The execution of the judgment will be at the close of the one thousand years." {EW 52.1}

God's wrath is still to come. It will begin to be shown, unmingled with mercy, in the seven last plagues. One of those plagues, according to the Bible, may well be related to "global warming."

Originally Posted By: The Bible
Revelation
16:5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
16:7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous [are] thy judgments.
16:8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Notice that in all of these judgments, those looking upon the scene declare that God is righteous in executing these things.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Green Cochoa] #156322
09/18/13 01:50 PM
09/18/13 01:50 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
Mike Huckabee · 1,118,361 like this
September 12 at 4:30am ·

It’s been just six years since eminent climate scientists, touting the very latest in cutting-edge computer modeling, predicted that by the summer of 2013, global warming would have completely melted the Arctic Ice. Well, we’re coming to the end of the summer of 2013. So what’s it like up in Santa land? It’s freezing. The Arctic ice cap has grown by 60 percent in one year. There are almost a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than there were last year. Twenty yacht captains who thought they’d sail through the melted Northwest Passage had to be rescued when their boats got stuck in the ice. And that UN climate report that was set to come out, blaming global warming on mankind with 95 percent certainty? That’s been pushed back a few weeks, after governments demanded explanations for why the weather seems to be getting cooler. The UN’s climate body had to call a crisis meeting to try to figure out why there’s not a crisis. Some scientists say they overestimated the effects of CO2 on climate. Others say it’s just a temporary offset due to solar activity. But does this prove man doesn’t have an effect on climate? No, not at all. But it does prove that even some of the smartest people on Earth might not know just how much they still don’t know.

https://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee/posts/10151656047377869

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: APL] #156425
09/21/13 10:59 PM
09/21/13 10:59 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Quote:
The restraining Spirit of God is even now being withdrawn from the world. Hurricanes, storms, tempests, fire and flood, disasters by sea and land, follow each other in quick succession. Science seeks to explain all these. The signs thickening around us, telling of the near approach of the Son of God, are attributed to any other than the true cause. Men cannot discern the sentinel angels restraining the four winds that they shall not blow until the servants of God are sealed; but when God shall bid His angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of strife as no pen can picture. {6T 408.1}
Could it be???

Men in responsible positions will not only ignore and despise the Sabbath themselves, but from the sacred desk, will urge upon the people the observance of the first day of the week, pleading tradition and custom in behalf of this man-made institution. They will point to calamities on land and sea--to the storms of wind, the floods, the earthquakes, the destruction by fire--as judgments indicating God’s displeasure because Sunday is not sacredly observed. These calamities will increase more and more, one disaster will follow close upon the heels of another; and those who make void the law of God will point to the few who are keeping the Sabbath of the fourth commandment as the ones who are bringing wrath upon the world. This falsehood is Satan’s device that he may ensnare the unwary.(ST, January 17, 1884 par. 12)

Here are some interesting statistics:

Originally Posted By: Echoes of Doomsday (27 April 2011) p. 127

Is God Arousing America to the sense of our DANGER?

Earthquakes in the United States for 2000 - 2011 indicate a significant increase after... In 2001, there were 2261 and in 2002 there were 3876. That is almost double. Compare the total earthquakes in the USA from 1992-2001 (28,857) to those from 2002 to (17 March) 2011 (36,615). The number increased by almost 8,000 over the next 9-years and 3-months of 2011 after ... 2001. It will be even higher by year’s end.

Originally Posted By: Echoes of Doomsday p. 127

How about the number of tornadoes in America? Before [9/20/2001], there were 7 tornadoes with 3 fatalities in 2001. After 9/20/01 ... 91 tornadoes struck killing 15 people. And after the week ended on 9/23/01 ... these deadly tornadoes began the very next day and continued monthly for three months: September 24, October 24, and November 23-24. And on 22 April 2011, a mega-tornado hit the St. Louis area.

Originally Posted By: Echoes of Doomsday p. 128

The acres burned in the USA monumentally increased after 9/20/01. Only one wildfire burned 9,300 acres in the fire season before 9/20/01, but in the next fire season, there were four major fires that burned 1,255,276 acres: more than a 100-fold increase. Fires vary annually, so compare the total number of acres burned from 1992-2001 (366,415 acres) to those from 2002- 2010 (7,355,399). After [9/20/01]... the number of acres burned increased by about 7,000,000. Add another million acres for Texas... for April 2011.

Originally Posted By: Echoes of Doomsday p. 128-129

There were 13 floods in the USA 1990-2000. In 2001... Texas, flooded to Louisiana with 41 deaths. No significant floods were reported from 2002 until ... reached his hand across the gulf to clasp the hand of the Roman Power (June 2004). Then Hurricane Katrina took the lives of 1,836 people and devastated the Gulf Coast. Texas was spared a direct hit, but swallowed-up 220,000 displaced people. In the five years since Katrina, there have been 14 major floods that surpass the area, destruction, and death of all the floods in the preceding decade. Now, at least two major floods strike yearly. The Red River has begun flooding yearly. After Massachusetts enacted gay marriage, New England had “a once in 500 year flood event.” And the floods in 2011 are getting ready to set even bigger records.

Some speculate that America is really not having more earthquakes, tornadoes, fires, and floods, but that the 24 hour news and Weather Channels are reporting better. They suppose that Americans are more informed. It is true that there is more coverage, but these media outlets have been around for over 20-years. But being more informed does not explain the dramatic increase in the numbers of earthquakes, tornadoes, wildfires, and floods that are striking the USA since...committed America to the road of self-destruction.

When Revelation 16:9 comes about "And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give Him glory" they will explain away this plague (act of God). They assume that "It's only global warming."

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Page 3 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 52 53

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!