Earlier this week, Elder Chris Holland accepted the position of Speaker/Director for It Is Written Canada. Elder Holland is currently Secretary-Treasurer of ASI, a North American Division role. He and his wife Debbie have served the church in a number of pastoral roles and as the coordinator for Elder Mark Finley’s Chicago evangelistic series. - Mark Johnson, President SDACC:

“Chris is a man of prayer; a man of faith and a man of the Word who is passionate about sharing the message he loves. His genuine love for people comes across both in his interactions with the people around him and his preaching to evangelistic audiences. I am confident that in his new role as the Canadian It Is Written speaker, he will make a positive difference for the kingdom of God.” - Mark Finley, Assistant to the President of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists

"Chris and I have worked together on media outreach in the past, and I've been deeply impressed by his spiritual depth, his clear grasp of evangelistic methods and principles, and his passion for people. He not only communicates clearly, he does it with an enthusiastic passion and has a broad vision for leading in God's work.” - Shawn Boonstra, Speaker/Director Voice of Prophecy

As Pastor Holland takes on this new role, I am convinced he will build on the strong foundation already established at It Is Written Canada. It has become very clear to me that Pastor Chris is convinced that the keys to the continued success of the ministry are prayer, study of God’s Word, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, and the training of lay people across Canada for the proclamation of the Gospel.

More details will be in the February 2014 Messenger

Stan Jensen
Communication Director
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada