HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Justin Nihar #166738
07/10/14 03:26 AM
07/10/14 03:26 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline OP
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
I thought I might show how to detect false prophets today by using Justin Nihar for an example. I could have used any one of a number of others, the more recent and prominent being Harold Camping. But Justin Nihar is an SDA and would therefore be more accessible to readers on this forum.

Here is one of Nihar's dreams:

Originally Posted By: Justin Nihar
In 2002, In a dream in May I was told by a voice Ralph Myers study prophecy was right, I saw all his type written work. I called Ron to tell him Ralph was correct on Revelation 17.

What is Ralph Myers's study on Revelation 17? But more importantly, what does Revelation 17 ACTUALLY say? I hope to discuss the two on this thread, and to show why Justin Nihar is a false prophet.

///

Re: Justin Nihar [Re: James Peterson] #166739
07/10/14 09:23 AM
07/10/14 09:23 AM
W
Wendell Slattery  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
Ralph Myers has a web site, which is at 666beast.net. There is another one that I and Ron Johnston have, which is 666man.net. We use the same basic system he uses, but I have a lot more detail that he lacks on his web site.

The system is simple in concept, but the details are more complex. The ideas we have in common with Ralph are as follows:

1. The number 666 comes from a count of the popes, with the count being derived from the 7 lines of all popes which use the 7 name lines that have existed since 1798. The count total as of John Paul II was 665. The Bible talks about an 8th which comes after him, which will be the last pope. The final pope will have a new name, so a count of one will apply to him, thus completing the count to 666.
2. The 7 heads of the beast of Revelation 17 are the 7 lines of popes by name that have existed since 1798, while the 10 horns are the Protestant Church leaders.

WE differ from Ralph because he predicts that both Francis and Benedict XVI will be deposed, and then the 8th will be the devil who will be the final pope. I know that the devil can never be the last pope, for 2 Thessalonians 2:3-8 prohibits that because the final pope is a "man of sin" not a devil of sin. I am sure that God knows the difference between the devil and a man!

We have found that Revelation 17:11 predicts that the last pope will be here for a while, gone a while, then returns to power. In other words, he comes, then resigns, then is gone a while, then returns to power. There is only one pope who has resigned since the year 1415, which is Benedict XVI. In 2005 I discovered that the phrase that the "eighth is of the seven" means that the last pope will change his Papal name when he receives power to persecute. In 2011, I learned that a Vatican official had said that "pope Benedict XVI has been very badly damaged by the sexual molestation scandals that have hit the Catholic Church in recent years, and as a result, he wants to change his Papal name." Benedict XVI is the only pope ever to say that he wanted to change his Papal name. I made the prediction of that 6-1/2 years before the Vatican official made this statement to Italian news media during an interview about Benedict XVI. We predict that Pope Francis will be deposed and Benedict will return and later he'll receive power to persecute, at which time he will change his Papal name. After that, the image beast will form here in America.

That pretty much sums it up.

Nihar Justin has never told us what to believe, but she has been shown that we should study certain things. I have found those recommendations to be good as it led me to discoveries that I would not have otherwise made. You should understand that she is not the foundation of our study. The Bible is the foundation. Her purpose is not as a general prophet for the church, but she has been told that she is to help with our study and she is to encourage my web partner, Ron Johnston. When the predicted events happen, then her work will open up more to the wider church. She is not a replacement for Ellen White.

Last edited by Wendell Slattery; 07/10/14 09:45 AM.
Re: Justin Nihar [Re: Wendell Slattery] #166745
07/10/14 09:26 PM
07/10/14 09:26 PM
W
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
James Peterson,

I find it rather strange that you decided that Nihar is a false prophet without knowing anything at all about her or what the Revelation 17 study of Ralph's is. Clearly, you have already decided the outcome of this before you even begin.

Re: Justin Nihar [Re: James Peterson] #166755
07/11/14 01:51 PM
07/11/14 01:51 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I'm not sure that is so strange. What is the null hypothesis? Shall we count everyone who claims to be a prophet, as a prophet?

But it seems to me he has rejected her based upon what he believes Rev 17 says. However, I reject you both based upon what I believe Rev 17 says. And then you differ from Ralph... Everyone's a prophet?

I believe the seven kingdoms depicted in Daniel are what SDAs have said for some time and that is they start with Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece....

For you to pinpoint them as specific individual popes is not Biblical and you're doomed to fail. You've already had to change your "prophecy" at least once.

By the way, if the link James posted above is valid, her dreams either read like Ernie's or otherwise makes me very suspicious.
But maybe it's just the language barrier...

Hey! I was looking at the site and why is there a link to Ernie's site?! Is Justin Nihar none other than Ernie masquerading? Or who is SDA GLOBAL? Do they consider them of similar character? But then I see 666beast.net on there too!

What's the deal?

Quote:
To make a totally new web site searchable on major search engines costs lots of money, especially on commercial web sites. Even if you have paid an extensive fee, it won’t help much if you are not on the top list. An alternative way is to suggest your web site to search engines and request them to link it for free. This method is limited to non commercial web sites. These search engines will have volunteers browse your website. They would look at your web contents and decide if you are qualified for this free service. Many of these volunteers are Christians. Therefore, a Christian web server will receive special treatment.
Whaaa?

There's something seriously wrong here.

Quote:
We can help you to promote your business to the world especially among Adventist. Our rate is flexible, or even free. It is just a matter of a pledge between you and God.
Ahhh.

Re: Justin Nihar [Re: kland] #166761
07/12/14 12:08 AM
07/12/14 12:08 AM
W
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
kland,

SDA Global posts whatever they want. I cannot help it that they put stuff from Ernie up there with Ralph's stuff and Nihar's material. Just because Ernie is on there does not automatically make either Ralph or Nihar false prophets. Putting them together on the same page or site is the work of SDA Global and has nothing to do with Ernie, Ralph or Nihar because none of them have any control over what SDA Global does. What you are doing is called guilt by association, which you know is wrong to do. Use right judgment.

Shall I write a page on my web site about Ernie being a false prophet and then make sure to include YOUR NAME on that same page and then come back here on this forum and say that because your name and Ernie's name occur on the same page, that makes you a false prophet? Would that be fair? You are doing exactly that with your comments about Nihar and Ralph. Its not right and I suggest you stop it.

As for your question about everyone being a prophet, I cannot speak for the others, but I am not a prophet and I have never claimed to be a prophet. So, obviously then, not everyone is a prophet.

As for those statements you quoted, I do not recall ever seeing them before. I have no idea what they are talking about. I have no present connection with the SDA Global web site and have not for years. I did talk with them once in regards to some ideas they had regarding making the web site better known, which I have used to good effect. Those quotes seem to suggest SDA Global had some kind of web service. Neither Ron nor I have ever used their services. I have had no more personal direct connection with them since.

You should understand that there is a language barrier with Nihar's writing and even her speech at times.

You may think that James Peterson may not like Nihar because of her views on Revelation 17, but since he did not know anything at all about those views (which he made very clear by his questions), then how could he make a correct judgment as to whether any of it was right or wrong or whether Nihar is or is not a prophet? It is not possible for him to do so without first carefully investigating. To make an honest decision about Nihar, investigate carefully first, then form the judgment. Setting an opinion in stone BEFORE investigation is called prejudice and really is wrong.

Re: Justin Nihar [Re: James Peterson] #194150
06/13/21 07:57 AM
06/13/21 07:57 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I just came across this thread after searching for something via google and discovered that this thread died suddenly after only five posts with the last one being posted by Wendell.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Justin Nihar [Re: James Peterson] #194155
06/14/21 07:13 PM
06/14/21 07:13 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
It's been so long I don't remember the thought process and the sdaglobal website doesn't seem to work any more.

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!