HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Why is rejection of the SOP happening? #168939
10/12/14 10:43 AM
10/12/14 10:43 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I came across the following which seems to be a very strong indictment of the brothers and sisters who have outright rejected anything from the SOP or that Ellen White voiced. Here is the quote:

Many who have backslidden from the truth assign as a reason for their course, that they do not have faith in the testimonies. Investigation reveals the fact that they had some sinful habit that God through the testimonies condemned. The question with them is, will they yield their idol which God condemns, or will they continue in their wrong course of indulgence, and reject the light God has given them, reproving the very things in which they delight? The question to be settled with them is, shall I receive, as of God, the testimonies which reprove my sins, and deny myself, or shall I reject the testimonies because they reprove my sins? p. 38, Para. 1, [26OT].

Can this really be the underlying reason of what is happening for those who have rejected the SOP.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Rick H] #168967
10/13/14 12:23 AM
10/13/14 12:23 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

Your question is not that clear Rick...

But of the many major areas of counsel given by Ellen White (Health reform, medical work, educational system, monogamy, investment, insurance, etc....) can you name even three where Silver Springs is leading out in obedience?

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Rick H] #168991
10/13/14 07:09 PM
10/13/14 07:09 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
There are several reasons.

1. The misuse of her writings using sentences, often compiled together, to prove this or that has turned people off -- mainly those who have not read her writings in context.

2. The life style she presents as God's higher ground, is not appreciated or wanted.

3. The aims of the rebel in the Great Controversy as well as those working to bring his aims to fruition in a worship system that includes all under one head and cause the whole world to worship the dragon, the beast, and his image are too plainly exposed in EGW's writings.
The truth of how to escape this snare are also pointed out in her writings.
This type of information is thus a major fortress that must be knocked down for the counterfeit worship plan to move forward as the "answer" to the world's problems.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Rick H] #168997
10/13/14 11:46 PM
10/13/14 11:46 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
A. This quote is just wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start.
B. Is it just me, or does anyone else find it a bit self serving (not to mention pointless) that one would use ones writings to condem those who don't believe...your writings. Ie: You have rejected God because you rejected my writings.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Rick H] #169006
10/14/14 05:19 AM
10/14/14 05:19 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Why is it self serving?
The quote does not say "you have rejected God because you rejected my writings"
Nor does it give a strong indictment in rejecting EVERYTHING EGW voiced as a person. The issue is -- are the testimonies written to reveal something that God had shown concerning various problems, calls to repentance, or warning messages?

The quote is saying God sent a message to reprove sin, and rather than turn to Christ and forsake their sin they discounted the messenger.

That is the usual practice of the people even back in Bible times in how they respond when God sent a messenger to reprove their sins. They would get rid of the messenger rather than go to Christ in repentance.

There were other prophets (in scripture) who claimed their message of reprove was from God, and to reject that message was rejecting God.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Rick H] #169015
10/14/14 12:26 PM
10/14/14 12:26 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I'm sure there are many reasons for so. Sadly what I've seen with many is their bitterness towards the Church. This bitterness is equally seen in those who claim to be reformers and uplift the original EGW writings. Anyway, this bitterness will lead to blindness also as it will corrupt their judgment and studies.

Coming from another perspective, I see the Church neglecting deligence studying of the law(the foundation of all truth) and refuse to test all things(EGW writtings, Church doctrines and beliefs, and etc...) against it. I think that is very serious that this basic Bereans type of work is not done and has never been done in our Chruch while not encouraging it and accusing and intimidating anyone that does. Then on the forums we see most use millions of EGW lines(which is not tested) to prove their belief rather than the Bible. These are strong signs that the Church has made an idol with EGW's writings.

In Eze 14:1-10 says that anyone that comes before the Lord to inquire with heart idols; the Lord will answer them according to the multitude of their heart idols; in another word He will feed your heart idols.("I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;"Eze 14:4)

I believe their are some inspired EGW writings but at the same time many that are not. My current focuss is to get familiar with what the Bible teaches. I'm not in the quest to disprove or test EGW writings. However, in many Bible studies, many have brought EGW to interpret scriptures that the actual plain scripture text doesn't say that. A lot of speculation and adding to scriptures is often done in EGW writings that often other scriptures is not in harmony with EGW interpretation.

I don't believe EGW was reveal all things nor did the Lord correct all errors in her or the pioneers belief system. Many of her writings is what she limitly understood which is fine, but should not be treated as truth.

Instead of studying the topic further with scriptures when shown some EGW quotes is not in harmony, most SDAs opt to ignore scriptures and accuse the other of not believing in EGW's writings and walk away. I think this type of phenomena happens a lot when anyone studies the Bible and are being honest when comparing with EGW writings. And being accused and condemned by other SDAs doesn't help the situation.

The day the Church will want to test all writings of EGW to take out what is not in harmony with scriptures, is the day more people will accept the writings that did come from the Lord.

Blessings
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Rick H] #169036
10/14/14 05:37 PM
10/14/14 05:37 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The problem is everyone sets their interpretation of both scripture and EGW's writings above what God is really saying in HIS WORD.
The critical Bible interpreters have already claimed much of the Bible is not reliable, so we can expect people to do the same to EGW's writings.
Nothing is stable when people set themselves up to weed out what they think is not inspired.

I have found those who get really deep into the Jewish interpretation of the Torah tend to have a shallow appreciation of the NT. Those who throw out the OT as not profitable for doctrine also cut away the whole truth.

Those who think they can "take out" everything they think is not in harmony with scripture from EGW, will all take out different things, till nothing much is left.

Personally I have yet to find any writings that uphold both OT and NT in a beautiful balance flowing with truth based on scripture, like EGW's messages. I believe she is a messenger sent BY GOD to point us back to the truths of scripture especially as we face the crises of the last days.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: dedication] #169043
10/14/14 09:18 PM
10/14/14 09:18 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Originally Posted By: dedication
The problem is everyone sets their interpretation of both scripture and EGW's writings above what God is really saying in HIS WORD.
The critical Bible interpreters have already claimed much of the Bible is not reliable, so we can expect people to do the same to EGW's writings.
Nothing is stable when people set themselves up to weed out what they think is not inspired.

I have found those who get really deep into the Jewish interpretation of the Torah tend to have a shallow appreciation of the NT. Those who throw out the OT as not profitable for doctrine also cut away the whole truth.

Those who think they can "take out" everything they think is not in harmony with scripture from EGW, will all take out different things, till nothing much is left.

Personally I have yet to find any writings that uphold both OT and NT in a beautiful balance flowing with truth based on scripture, like EGW's messages. I believe she is a messenger sent BY GOD to point us back to the truths of scripture especially as we face the crises of the last days.

I am in full agreement with you, dedication.

I have never been in the interpretation of Jewish Torah, but there might be a few things we could learn from Jewish archeology. For long I wondered what was the true meaning of

Quote:
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.

Now I understand that Jewish archeology shows us that the meaning of preparing a table in the presence of enemies means a full truce and forgiveness. That makes sense, doesn't it?

Last edited by Johann; 10/14/14 09:19 PM. Reason: spelling

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: gordonb1] #169044
10/14/14 09:40 PM
10/14/14 09:40 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Originally Posted By: gordonb1

Your question is not that clear Rick...

But of the many major areas of counsel given by Ellen White (Health reform, medical work, educational system, monogamy, investment, insurance, etc....) can you name even three where Silver Springs is leading out in obedience?

Quoting Ted Wilson at the current meetings:

Quote:
“We have a great love for the Spirit of Prophecy,” said President Ted Wilson as he introduced Nix. That has certainly been evident at this meeting, as seemingly every person stepping to a microphone has quoted White’s writings.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: dedication] #169046
10/14/14 10:15 PM
10/14/14 10:15 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Why is it self serving?
The quote does not say "you have rejected God because you rejected my writings"

Yes, it does.
And she says so in those exact words in other places.
And no, I'm not going to look up where for you. I don't no longer "study" Ellen White.

Last edited by JAK; 10/14/14 10:25 PM.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!