HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 3,150 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mammoths, Flood and Ice Age #171164
01/08/15 06:50 AM
01/08/15 06:50 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw

But as soon as the water, in fulfillment of Noah's prediction, began to come down, -- in fact, even before it had any chance to descend to the lower places of the earth, -- this natural thermostatic system was quickly broken down, and the rain, as it fell on the earth, froze so suddenly in the polar regions that the animals while yet alive froze with it: they evidently had not time even to swallow their food, as is actually established by various archeological exhumations.
Sounds like you are saying the polar regions did not experience the flood.

It could have happened that way if the flood was caused by a sudden tilting of earth's axis. I think most of the frozen mammoths are in the far reaches of the northern hemisphere.
Prior to the flood, the earth's axis were straight and the water laden atmosphere kept the temperature pretty uniform all over the earth. But when the earth made it's sudden axis shift, the northern regions must have suddenly been in "winter" position (no sun) facilitating the quick freeze, as the atmospheric water all came crashing down.

Re: Mammoths, Flood and Ice Age [Re: Daryl] #171169
01/08/15 01:48 PM
01/08/15 01:48 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Are you saying that the flood did not cover the entire earth?

Re: Mammoths, Flood and Ice Age [Re: Daryl] #171185
01/09/15 03:58 AM
01/09/15 03:58 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Are you asking me?

The Bible says the flood covered the entire earth -- and yes that includes the northern regions.
But I don't think the ice caps were there prior to the flood.

Water forms ice, if it freezes quickly anything in the water would also freeze as well would it not?
Would they have been frozen as they were engulfed by icy, muddy water?

Those things I really don't know, but it is interesting to wonder about it,

Re: Mammoths, Flood and Ice Age [Re: Daryl] #171193
01/09/15 03:48 PM
01/09/15 03:48 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I think the animals being talked about with food in their mouths was not in frozen ice, but frozen snow. Not one big ice cube chunk.

Re: Mammoths, Flood and Ice Age [Re: Daryl] #171206
01/10/15 02:52 AM
01/10/15 02:52 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
That's why I asked "are you asking me"? I have no idea if GLL thinks the flood covered the whole earth or not.

However, scripture says it did -- so I believe it did.

And no -- not one big ice cube -- remember it "rained" down water. In this possible scenario, the earth tips on it's axis from an upright position, to it's present position, causing the flood waters to rain down from above, as well as gush up in various places from beneath. As the earth tipped on its axis the north would have experience instant winter. In the north, the rising water would have mixed with dirt, the mammoths, seeking higher ground, sank in the gooey cold mass and everything froze.
That's seems reasonable when I look at the pictures and descriptions of these mammoths being found in ICE that is full of dirt. And they remained frozen for 4000 years.

Remember they have been found with buttercups in their stomachs-- that doesn't sound like they were in snow.

But then maybe the ice age descended very quickly after the flood -- I don't think anyone knows for sure just how so many ended up being covered with dirty ice so fast that they froze and then remained frozen for thousands of years.

But how did we get on Mammoth elephants in a thread about JW's?????

Re: Mammoths, Flood and Ice Age [Re: dedication] #171241
01/10/15 09:51 PM
01/10/15 09:51 PM
W
Wendell Slattery  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
I don't know how you ended up with mammoths in the JW topic, but let me add my 2 cents worth on the mammoths. I recall reading somewhere that they have even found food in the mouths of the mammoths. Clearly, they froze almost instantly. According to the same article where I read that, they said it has been calculated that the temperature had to have dropped 160 degrees Farenheit in just one second for that to happen. Nothing like that is known in the world today (fortunately) or we would be in very serious trouble!

Re: Mammoths, Flood and Ice Age [Re: Wendell Slattery] #171248
01/11/15 12:09 AM
01/11/15 12:09 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
This subject evolved from brother Daryl's question--
"What was the Earth orbiting around prior to the creation of the Sun and the Moon?"

Brother Houteff explained as we already posted. Frankly it's pretty deep and I would like to some day study this more but for now I'll stick to more of what I know,lol.

Re: Mammoths, Flood and Ice Age [Re: dedication] #171285
01/12/15 04:03 PM
01/12/15 04:03 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
As the earth tipped on its axis the north would have experience instant winter. In the north, the rising water would have mixed with dirt, the mammoths, seeking higher ground, sank in the gooey cold mass and everything froze.
How would the specific heat of water enter this idea?

Quote:
That's seems reasonable when I look at the pictures and descriptions of these mammoths being found in ICE that is full of dirt. And they remained frozen for 4000 years.

Remember they have been found with buttercups in their stomachs-- that doesn't sound like they were in snow.
Why would snow preclude buttercups in their mouths/stomachs?

Quote:
But then maybe the ice age descended very quickly after the flood -- I don't think anyone knows for sure just how so many ended up being covered with dirty ice so fast that they froze and then remained frozen for thousands of years.
I didn't realize I was suggesting something different here. But I guess it's based upon whether one thinks the flood preserved the mammoths or whether it was from the ice age afterward. I tend towards the ice age. I am of the opinion that the flood totally changed the topography of the planet. Mammoths in ice just couldn't be possible which is what I took GLL as suggesting.

I tried looking up mammoths, and I think it depends on which mammoth we are talking about. Some were found in snow, some in ice, some in crevasses some buried in mud.
Here's some interesting links:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fresh-mammoth-carcass-from-siberia-holds-many-secrets/
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/05/2...scientists-say/
http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/FrozenMammoths6.html
One theory in the last link suggested mud mixed with ice protected them from the flood.

An evolution site said some buttercups are native to the tundra. They didn't say it was the same species found in the mammoth's mouths, though. Grass and leaves were also found in their mouths, so I think the evolution site has some issues.

Quote:
But how did we get on Mammoth elephants in a thread about JW's?????
Why Mammoths? I think you brought them up, right? wink

An interesting thought about the earth tilting. Why couldn't it be tilted all the time? Wouldn't the upper water canopy equalize the temperatures? What would a flood tilting of the earth mean to the moon people?

Re: Mammoths, Flood and Ice Age [Re: dedication] #171343
01/15/15 04:23 AM
01/15/15 04:23 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
And so, now we have a thread where we can talk about Mammoths to hearts content -- if that's what we wish to do?

Re: Mammoths, Flood and Ice Age [Re: kland] #171344
01/15/15 05:44 AM
01/15/15 05:44 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: dedication
As the earth tipped on its axis the north would have experience instant winter. In the north, the rising water would have mixed with dirt, the mammoths, seeking higher ground, sank in the gooey cold mass and everything froze.
How would the specific heat of water enter this idea?

Kland you have much more of a scientific mind than I have, so not sure how to answer that question.

But I would suppose it depended on where the water was coming from?
Of course if it were swirling in from the equator regions the water temperature would over ride the sudden drop in air temperature.
But since this probably happened near the beginning of the 40 days and nights, there wouldn't have been water swirling in from the equator regions -- there would be only a lot of half frozen rain pouring down?
And also different areas would have had different conditions.

Originally Posted By: Kland
Originally Posted By: Dedication
Why would snow preclude buttercups in their mouths/stomachs?

I guess I assumed it would because where I live, there is snow and freezing cold temperatures and NO buttercups anywhere. Buttercups are rather delicate and decay rather quickly when things start getting cold.
Somehow my idea of a fast coming ice age, is still not instantly. The cold would have killed the vegetation and ice covered the ground sometime before the mammoths would have succumbed to it's deadly chill.

[quote] I am of the opinion that the flood totally changed the topography of the planet.[quote]

I would agree, yet some areas seem to have been changed far more than other areas depending on the breaking apart of the earth's crust and mountains being forced up, while other areas didn't break up and no mountains were created.

(My unscientific thoughts)

Though I do find the subject interesting -- often wonder just what it was like back then.

Originally Posted By: Kland
An interesting thought about the earth tilting. Why couldn't it be tilted all the time? Wouldn't the upper water canopy equalize the temperatures? What would a flood tilting of the earth mean to the moon people?

Moon people???? ROFL
Did the gravity shift between moon and earth depopulated the moon???

OK -- You probably had something quite different in mind.

I'm not sure how a sudden tilt of the earth would have affected the moon. A lot of theories out there -- even one where they said the moon was once closer to the earth, crashed into the earth then bounced off to its present location, and all this tilt and moon crashing was caused by an unknown planet that came circling rather close to earth. But all that is theory --

The earths tilt is not only associated with the seasons, but also with the variable length of day and night. Would day and night have been more regular in an "untilted" earth?

Even the "water canopy" is not really understood. Would it have hidden the stars from view? --

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!