HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Re: Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video-Doug Batchelor [Re: Charity] #176412
08/29/15 07:11 PM
08/29/15 07:11 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Prodigal what's going on in Florida that you referred to initially?

I was referring to the thread: "Doug Batchelor Prohibited to Speak by Florida Conference"

Here is the initial post by Dedication:

Doug Batchelor was to speak at the Spring Meadows Church in Sanford, Florida during a week-long revival meeting planned for the Fall.

However, administration in the Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists recommended a change of speakers, because, they said, Pastor Batchelor was a negative polarizing influence in the Seventh-day Adventist Church concerning women's ordination.

Amazing Facts invested significant time and resources toward planning and preparing for the success of the Heroes of Faith series prior to being notified he was not wanted as a speaker.

The series "Heroes of Faith" will now be presented in Michigan.

As far as I'm concerned Florida is OVERSTEPPING --
They will push there agenda even if it means destroying the ministry of a man that has brought the word of truth to thousands.

If they are ready to take this type of action and accuse Batchlor of speaking against GC policy, EVEN THOUGH the GC voted "no" on giving divisions the right to ordain women, what would they have done if the vote was "yes"?

Would they have -- with vengeance purged the entire ministry of anyone who disagreed?

Now it seems if they are so worried about negative "polarizing influence" on a subject that is by no means a unanimous doctrinal belief of the church, why do they allow all kinds of speakers who disagree with basic doctrines to go about and teach? --- Like allowing evolution believing teachers in our higher education schools to shake the faith in creation in students sent to our schools."

A good indicator of the spirit guiding the Florida leadership is that while Doug Batchelor was not allowed to speak, non-SDA Emergent Church leader and wolf in sheep's clothing, Leonard Sweet was the guest speaker at the Florida Hospital SDA Church retreat in Camp Kulaqua on March 30-April 1, 2012.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video-Doug Batchelor [Re: ProdigalOne] #176413
08/29/15 07:25 PM
08/29/15 07:25 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Pastor Batchelor set a wonderful example with his humble and classy response to the Florida Conference's blatant insult. By rescheduling the Heros of the Faith seres in Michigan and continuing to spread the Three Angels' Messages, as in the warning to the church of the Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda video, he has remained faithful to God and refused to be diverted by the wiles of Satan.

The repeated votes and endless debates on Women's Ordination come to mind. How much energy has been wasted that should have been directed into the work God has assigned to us?

Re: Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video-Doug Batchelor [Re: APL] #176415
08/29/15 08:02 PM
08/29/15 08:02 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: prodigal
I chose the screen name ProdigalOne because the Father rejoices and forgives those who turn away from the world and return to Him.
So, you have to turn to him or else! What would God do to those that to not turn to him? Get mad, then torture and kill you, right?
If the sinner does not turn away from sin and does not seek God, then there can be no forgiveness, no salvation, only fearful waiting for the execution of judgement when the anger of God is expressed. It is the sinner's choice: punishment, or salvation.
So, turn to Him or He will execute you. Nice. This is, "Love me, or I'll kill you". What draws us to God? The fear of punishment?
Whether we choose deliverance or destruction, the Lord is not to blame for our decisions.
So we don't hold God responsible when He tortures sinners.
{1MR 207.3} quoted
Did Christ hit people with His whip?
"...when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple".

Does it seem to you that Jesus was "angry" at these people who were desecrating His Father's House? It would appear there are things that make Him "lash out at people"!
Did Christ "lash out at people?" You put this in quotes. Why? Where you quoting something or someone? Christ never hit anyone. What happened right after Christ cleansed the temple? The poor did not flee. The children came to Him. They were not afraid.
"Jesus is the EXACT representation of what God is like. If you have seen Christ, you have seen the Father."

I agree completely! The quotes above from SOP and John, show that there are times when Jesus; and therefore the Father, is angry with people.
I don't think you understand what really happened. Did Christ ever hit anyone? Did Christ ever kill anyone? No.

I know of only place that EGW speaks of God being angry. And that is NOT as you say, those the write Sunday laws. What situation did EGW write this as this is on topic with this thread.

God is supremely patient with His children; however, after humanity has for thousands of years, continually shunned His offer of Grace, there comes a time when there is no repentance left in the race, and His patience runs out.
Really. What is God's wrath? What is the "wrath of the lamb?" A lamb is a baby sheep. Are they wrathful? Read Romans 1 where His wrath is clearly defined.

What draws you to God? A fear of punishment?

Here is where my quote about the "lash" came from, you:

"What is God's anger? Is it something that makes Him lash out an people, inflict pain and suffering? No, that is the work of a different power."

I believe your final question sums up your post, so I will answer it.

"What draws you to God? A fear of punishment?"

Fear of punishment would only succeed in repelling me. It is the selfless Love God has poured out upon us that draws me to Him. His just Holy character requires a punishment for sin: "the wages of sin is death". The fact that Jesus paid this price for all who will accept His sacrifice never ceases to amaze me.

What an affront to our Father, that His Son's suffering and pain is (for many) in vain!
If people refuse to accept His mercy, then what choice is left to God? "The wages of sin is death". What would you have God do? If He forces us to accept salvation, we become robots whose love and lives are pointless. If He refuses to punish sin, then He must change His character to one that permits the existence of evil in the coming Kingdom. This would doom the universe to darkness and death.

The only remaining course is to warn, plead, beg His children to forsake sin and return to their Gracious Father.

Can you not hear in the voice of Jesus, how He longs to save us! He does NOT wish to punish the lost, but in the end He will be left no choice...

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!"

Matthew 23:37

Re: Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video-Doug Batchelor [Re: ProdigalOne] #176416
08/29/15 08:12 PM
08/29/15 08:12 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
By the way folks, as the OP I have to remind everyone the topic is:

Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video

Are there any thoughts on this subject?

There is a lively discussion on the nature of God's justice on the "Global Warming Farce" thread...

Re: Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video-Doug Batchelor [Re: ProdigalOne] #176417
08/29/15 10:49 PM
08/29/15 10:49 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
I chose the screen name ProdigalOne because the Father rejoices and forgives those who turn away from the world and return to Him.
So, you have to turn to him or else! What would God do to those that to not turn to him? Get mad, then torture and kill you, right?
If the sinner does not turn away from sin and does not seek God, then there can be no forgiveness, no salvation, only fearful waiting for the execution of judgement when the anger of God is expressed. It is the sinner's choice: punishment, or salvation.
So, turn to Him or He will execute you. Nice. This is, "Love me, or I'll kill you". What draws us to God? The fear of punishment?
Whether we choose deliverance or destruction, the Lord is not to blame for our decisions.
{1MR 207.3} quoted
"...when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple".

Does it seem to you that Jesus was "angry" at these people who were desecrating His Father's House? It would appear there are things that make Him "lash out at people"!
Did Christ "lash out at people?" You put this in quotes. Why? Where you quoting something or someone? Christ never hit anyone. What happened right after Christ cleansed the temple? The poor did not flee. The children came to Him. They were not afraid.
"Jesus is the EXACT representation of what God is like. If you have seen Christ, you have seen the Father."

I agree completely! The quotes above from SOP and John, show that there are times when Jesus; and therefore the Father, is angry with people.
I don't think you understand what really happened. Did Christ ever hit anyone? Did Christ ever kill anyone? No.

I know of only place that EGW speaks of God being angry. And that is NOT as you say, those the write Sunday laws. What situation did EGW write this as this is on topic with this thread.

God is supremely patient with His children; however, after humanity has for thousands of years, continually shunned His offer of Grace, there comes a time when there is no repentance left in the race, and His patience runs out.
Really. What is God's wrath? What is the "wrath of the lamb?" A lamb is a baby sheep. Are they wrathful? Read Romans 1 where His wrath is clearly defined.

"What is God's anger? Is it something that makes Him lash out an people, inflict pain and suffering? No, that is the work of a different power."

Fear of punishment would only succeed in repelling me. It is the selfless Love God has poured out upon us that draws me to Him. His just Holy character requires a punishment for sin: "the wages of sin is death". The fact that Jesus paid this price for all who will accept His sacrifice never ceases to amaze me.

What an affront to our Father, that His Son's suffering and pain is (for many) in vain!
If people refuse to accept His mercy, then what choice is left to God? "The wages of sin is death". What would you have God do? If He forces us to accept salvation, we become robots whose love and lives are pointless. If He refuses to punish sin, then He must change His character to one that permits the existence of evil in the coming Kingdom. This would doom the universe to darkness and death.

The only remaining course is to warn, plead, beg His children to forsake sin and return to their Gracious Father.

Can you not hear in the voice of Jesus, how He longs to save us! He does NOT wish to punish the lost, but in the end He will be left no choice...

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!"

Just a rehash of love Me, or I'll kill you. How does God "punish?" God is not the executioner. Sin pays it wage, death, not God. If it were not so, then Satan is right, sin will not kill you. God is the harsh, severe creditor. If the chicks don't come home, then will the hen go out an slice off their heads? No.

And as to be on thread, you continue to miss what Ellen White wrote about "God's Anger" and the Sabbath. You say, "God will be VERY angry when the civil and religious authorities unite to legislate Sunday laws." But what is the truth? God is angry with those who pursue a course to make the world hate them. If a Christian is hated because ... he does not take a course to be loved, hated because of his uncultivated manners and because he makes the truth a matter of quarrel with his neighbors, and takes a course to make the Sabbath as annoying as possible to them, he is a stumbling block to sinners, a reproach to the sacred truth, and unless he repents it were better for him that a millstone were hung about his neck and he were cast into the sea. {1T 420.1} That should give you pause to reflect.

God is not the executioner of the sentence against sin. In the end, it if cause and effect.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video-Doug Batchelor [Re: APL] #176422
08/30/15 12:53 AM
08/30/15 12:53 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
It's obvious from the third angel's message that those who follow the "beast" and his "image" in disregarding God's law, including the law that is a sign of worship of the one who created the heavens and the earth and the fountains of water, will suffer the plagues and die.

So let's get back to the topic.

the Pope's Imminent Sunday law Agenda

Re: Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video-Doug Batchelor [Re: ProdigalOne] #176428
08/30/15 02:29 AM
08/30/15 02:29 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
It's obvious from the third angel's message that those who follow the "beast" and his "image" in disregarding God's law, including the law that is a sign of worship of the one who created the heavens and the earth and the fountains of water, will suffer the plagues and die.

So let's get back to the topic.

the Pope's Imminent Sunday law Agenda

Define "imminent". Perhaps you also missed the quote from 1T.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video-Doug Batchelor [Re: ProdigalOne] #176429
08/30/15 02:30 AM
08/30/15 02:30 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Ten years ago people on the various forums would mock anyone suggesting there would ever be a Sunday law.

Now that the progressive steps are being taken to implement it people suggest it is "rude" to talk about it????

Indeed the Sunday laws are coming, the steps toward it are increasing --

Here is a list of events showing the steady march of Sunday.

Towards Global Sunday Law

Don't wait for the final enforcement of Sunday laws to believe.
We NEED to have a DAILY relationship with Jesus Christ NOW in order to get through the time of trouble that is coming.

It is only those who by faith have hid themselves in Christ, trusting, believing, following the Lamb of God in faith and obedience, who will escape the last plagues and eternal death.

Re: Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video-Doug Batchelor [Re: dedication] #176432
08/30/15 03:02 AM
08/30/15 03:02 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Ten years ago people on the various forums would mock anyone suggesting there would ever be a Sunday law.

Now that the progressive steps are being taken to implement it people suggest it is "rude" to talk about it????

Indeed the Sunday laws are coming, the steps toward it are increasing --

Here is a list of events showing the steady march of Sunday.

Towards Global Sunday Law

Don't wait for the final enforcement of Sunday laws to believe.
We NEED to have a DAILY relationship with Jesus Christ NOW in order to get through the time of trouble that is coming.

It is only those who by faith have hid themselves in Christ, trusting, believing, following the Lamb of God in faith and obedience, who will escape the last plagues and eternal death.

Excellent link! I think my favorite on the list is May 24 2014:

"Pope Francis described as "dangerous" the temptation to believe that one can have "a personal, direct, immediate relationship with Jesus Christ without communion with and the mediation of the church."

A "personal" relationship with Jesus "dangerous"! Yes, to the Antichrist Pope who would no longer be able to slither into the role of Intercessor!

Of course "communion" would necessarily include worshipping together on the same day!

Re: Pope's Imminent Sunday Law Agenda: Video-Doug Batchelor [Re: APL] #176434
08/30/15 03:15 AM
08/30/15 03:15 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
{1MR 207.3} quoted

Just a rehash of love Me, or I'll kill you. How does God "punish?" God is not the executioner. Sin pays it wage, death, not God. If it were not so, then Satan is right, sin will not kill you. God is the harsh, severe creditor. If the chicks don't come home, then will the hen go out an slice off their heads? No.

And as to be on thread, you continue to miss what Ellen White wrote about "God's Anger" and the Sabbath. You say, "God will be VERY angry when the civil and religious authorities unite to legislate Sunday laws." But what is the truth? God is angry with those who pursue a course to make the world hate them. If a Christian is hated because ... he does not take a course to be loved, hated because of his uncultivated manners and because he makes the truth a matter of quarrel with his neighbors, and takes a course to make the Sabbath as annoying as possible to them, he is a stumbling block to sinners, a reproach to the sacred truth, and unless he repents it were better for him that a millstone were hung about his neck and he were cast into the sea. {1T 420.1} That should give you pause to reflect.

God is not the executioner of the sentence against sin. In the end, it if cause and effect.

APL, I'm tired of having the same conversation over and over. If you want to believe that God is a pushover, who will be forever patient and never execute the judgement He has been warning us of, that we will not reap what we sow, that the mechanics of punishment are all that matters and not the fact of punishment, then go ahead. I can see there is no changing your mind and further discussion is a waste of precious time and energy.

I wish nothing but good for you!

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!