HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Prayer for the Doug Batchelor Family #18047
05/02/01 03:34 AM
05/02/01 03:34 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
We received several emails today saying that Doug Batchelor's oldest son had been badly injured when a piece of heavy equipment had fallen on him.

A little later we received this message:

To all,

I am sad to say that I just got the news that Doug Batchelors oldest son
Micah died from the accident. I heard that Doug and Karen were supposed to be
flying home today. I don't know if they made it in time or not. Please pray
for his family and for the evangelistic series he was in the middle of doing
when this happened. Satan is working overtime to see that the truth doesn't
get out. He does have his team taking over for him to complete the series.
Satan knows his time is short.

This is a very sad time indeed.

Alice

Let us join our prayers for the family in this time of grief.

------------------
For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

Linda

Re: Prayer for the Doug Batchelor Family #18048
05/03/01 01:57 AM
05/03/01 01:57 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Father, with greta sadness and heavy heart we come before You today.
One of Your children has been taken, and more of them have been hurt by the events of Monday.

You know what it's like to lose a child, the pain, the deep sorrow.
We ask that You would be with Pastor Bachelor and his dear wife and family.
Hold them in the cradle of Your arms, comfort them as only You can do.
Remind them that they will one day be reunited with their son, help them as they grieve the loss of one so young.

We don't understand why things happen as they do, but we know You can help us through the time.

Comfort them with Your love and pressence, send those thatr will be able to mionister to them best.
Thank You Father, for all that You are doing in their lives, and for all that You will do, in Jesus name,
AMEN

------------------
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart. Ps.26:2
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in men.Ps.118:8

Re: Prayer for the Doug Batchelor Family #18049
05/04/01 11:52 PM
05/04/01 11:52 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
This is a copy of an email sent by Doug Batchelor.

quote:

Dear Friends;
We have received several messages and calls inquiring as to the tragedy that has recently befallen our family, so I would like to take a few moments to give a personal report.
Please feel free to circulate this to any who might be concerned.

While conducting a challenging evangelistic meeting in Manila, I received the kind of phone call every parent dreads. My oldest son Micah was in a serious accident with a bulldozer and was being rushed by air to the nearest emergency room. This happened to be the Ukiah SDA hospital. While this was happening, Karen was flying in from San Francisco to join me in Manila for the final week of our meetings. In a state of perpetual prayer, I went to the airport to meet Karen with the heartbreaking news that our son was in critical condition and we needed to catch the next plane back to San Francisco. Fortunately, Gary Gibbs the senior vice president of Amazing Facts and a competent evangelist, was with our team and was able to step in and successfully continue the meetings. Before we left Manila we received word that Micah did not survive. That was a very long and sad trip home.

A few words about our son.

Micah Levi Batchelor was born November 4, 1977, in Fort Bragg, California. He was a beautiful blond curly headed boy with large confident blue eyes. Ever since a child, he longed for anything that had to do with become air borne, from being tossed as a baby, to hang gliding, to swinging out of the trees, to jumping motorcycles. Micah loved flying.

Micah became critically ill with spinal meningitis when he was 19 months old. It required several painful spinal taps which broke my heart to watch as he looked up with his big blue eyes wondering "why are they hurting me?" Micah miraculously survived but from that time on, he seemed to have a special gift of compassion for anyone hurting. He was especially fond of children old folks and always defensive of the underdog. When Micah was 7 years old, he made a grueling hike with me up to the cave high above Palm Springs and back all in one day. I was very proud of my son's athletic ability at such a young age. The next time Micah hiked up to the cave was with our family in February 1995. This time he helped to carry his little brother Stephen on his back.

Micah attended several different schools, from this The Little Red Schoolhouse in Covelo, to schools in Delta, Colorado, Redding and Sacramento, California, as well as a few seasons of homeschooling. Micah graduated from Sacramento Adventist Academy in 1996 and later attended Pacific Union College where he received his pilot's license while studding industrial arts. In 1999 he began working fulltime as a contractor in Covelo.

Micah loved new experiences had a vast number of hobbies for one person. He loved to water-ski, Jet ski, snow ski, kayak, ride Motorcycles, horses, rodeo, four wheelers, and dune buggies. He loved to draw, play his guitar, build, and do auto mechanic work.
Most important, Micah believed in God. Micah believed the Bible and he believed in Jesus and talked to Him frequently. The first song Micah learned on the guitar was Seek Ye First the kingdom of God.

Micah was a very hard worker and had countless ambitious dreams. His dreams were cut short by a tragic accident on Monday, April 30. While loading a Caterpillar on a trailer, the tractor slid off the side and rolled completely over. True to his style, Micah held on to the steel bronco and rode it the full 360. The fiberglass canopy collapsed and he received serious internal injuries but remained calm and alert and was even able to stand as his friends transported him to the clinic. While being airlifted in a chopper to the SDA hospital in Ukiah (Micah loved to fly.) he experienced traumatic cardiac arrest. He was miraculously revived at the hospital but after several hours of surgery heroic efforts to save him he was pronounced dead 46 miles and 23 years from the place of his birth.

On May 3, Micah was buried at the Valley View Cemetery and it seemed as though half the town of Covelo attended the services.

Micah was very strong, intelligent, brave, tall, kind and handsome (I have attached the last picture we took when we went motorcycle riding in Covelo during spring break.) He seemed to possess unlimited potential.

Karen and I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of kind words and prayers for our family. We have been devastated by his death but continue to trust God in spite of our confusion. This tragedy has laid us very low, Psa 142:6. The emotional and even physical pain from this keen loss is, profound, and indescribable. We have a much better concept of our Fathers love in willingly giving His Son.

Micah joined the Amazing Facts evangelism crew that went to India in 1999 and was deeply affected by the poverty he saw. I had invited him to join me in our Manila effort, he wanted to come but he had several pressing construction commitments.

I was very thankful that I called and spoke to Micah from the Philippines a few days ago.
We loved each other very much. The day before he died, Micah called Karen in Sacramento they spoke for 45 minutes. In the conversation he said he wanted to "Return to PUC and find a Christian wife."

Because Micah did not have a family in place [in lieu] of cards or flowers a memorial gift in his name to Amazing Facts would be much appreciated.

Please continue to pray for Karen and I and Micah's five siblings. We do sense the prayers of God's people.

Doug Batchelor & Family

There wasn't any picture attached to the particular email that was forwarded to me.

Let us continue to pray for the Batchelor family.

Romans 8:28

Daryl

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!