HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: daylily] #180673
06/04/16 10:48 AM
06/04/16 10:48 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: daylily
Originally Posted By: kland
Spend a lot more money on research? Why? We've already been given the solution over 100 years ago. In fact, over 6,000 years ago.

Simple. Stop eating bad food. And don't eat too much good food. Shall we cut off a person's hands or part of their stomach because their stomach is their god?

Show me someone who had acquired diabetes and who eats a healthful diet and I'll show you someone who has become free!

I know of very very few, if any, who are willing to do that. Many would rather amputate a leg rather than give up their pleasure.

Apparently one can eat a healthful diet and still have blood sugar problems. Both my parents and one grandma had diabetes. Type 2. I have eaten a healthy vegetarian diet since I was 18 (I am now almost 62) and a healthy vegan diet for the last 25 years or so. I have not eaten candy, cookies, or other junk food since around age 18 and raised my kids not to be junk food eaters.

I am 5'8" tall and weigh 120 lbs. A few years ago, I started having high blood sugars after meals and still do if I don't restrict carbs. Keep in mind that I haven't eaten bad carbs for decades. My only beverage is water. Sometimes unsweetened herb tea medicinally. I'm talking about whole grains, beans, fruits. My fasting blood, so far, is excellent.

I know that stress is a huge factor in developing diabetes and I've had a good bit of it through my life. Now my older daughter who weighs about 117 lbs is having the same problem. Something is going on besides a bad diet! Our diet is excellent. We grow much of our own food, organically, keep as many chemicals as possible out of our lives, etc.
This has been my experience, good diet, but still diabetes has crept up. Stress has been a big factor and age also appears to have a affect, as most of my family line and brothers and sisters begin to show the symptoms as they got older.

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: daylily] #180674
06/04/16 12:03 PM
06/04/16 12:03 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Spend a lot more money on research? Why? We've already been given the solution over 100 years ago. In fact, over 6,000 years ago.

Simple. Stop eating bad food. And don't eat too much good food. Shall we cut off a person's hands or part of their stomach because their stomach is their god?

Show me someone who had acquired diabetes and who eats a healthful diet and I'll show you someone who has become free!

I know of very very few, if any, who are willing to do that. Many would rather amputate a leg rather than give up their pleasure.

Apparently one can eat a healthful diet and still have blood sugar problems. Both my parents and one grandma had diabetes. Type 2. I have eaten a healthy vegetarian diet since I was 18 (I am now almost 62) and a healthy vegan diet for the last 25 years or so. I have not eaten candy, cookies, or other junk food since around age 18 and raised my kids not to be junk food eaters.

I am 5'8" tall and weigh 120 lbs. A few years ago, I started having high blood sugars after meals and still do if I don't restrict carbs. Keep in mind that I haven't eaten bad carbs for decades. My only beverage is water. Sometimes unsweetened herb tea medicinally. I'm talking about whole grains, beans, fruits. My fasting blood, so far, is excellent.

I know that stress is a huge factor in developing diabetes and I've had a good bit of it through my life. Now my older daughter who weighs about 117 lbs is having the same problem. Something is going on besides a bad diet! Our diet is excellent. We grow much of our own food, organically, keep as many chemicals as possible out of our lives, etc.

Hi Daylily, I've read your gardening post. Very nice garden size! It's been years I've wanted to adopt your gardening protocol (3 years rotation plan where two years are in cover crops). I need to triple the size of my garden to do this which I would end up with the size of yours.

Concerning health problems on a vegan diet; there are unhealthy vegan diets. Avoiding processed vegan foods and sweets like you do are excellent. But one thing you didn't mention (and you don't have to either as it is none of our businesses) a vegan diet can be too heavy on the grain side. What I understand that the ideal ratio of veges(& fruits) to grain/hi-starchy foods should be 80/20.

Now if we look at a diet in terms of what foods are alkaline versus acidic -- Veges tends to be all alkaline whereas grains, Beans/soya products, and nuts are acidics. So it is said also that the ideal alkaline to acidic foods ratio is also 80/20.

So a vegan diet can still be quite acidic which would lead to some sort of health problems eventually. In my understanding, the ideal healthy vegan diet should be 80% veges and 20% grain-beans-nuts.

I agree with kland and do believe that type 2 diabetes, cancer, heart diseases and most other lifestyle related health problems can be reverse by bringing our lifestyle closest to the Lord's blueprint given after sin.

Just a side note that most of you already know but it's worth repeating -- diet & exercise are not the key components of a healthy life -- but a clean, peaceful & happy spirit & heart. Fears, stresses, emotional distresses, etc.... affects greatly our body. So if someone reaches this ideal vegan diet but are in a emotional distress and much stress while doing so ... it's not going to improve their health much and most probably add to their problems broken relationships because the one trying to achieved this ideal diet were cranky or other negative spirited attitude while doing so.

Blessings
Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Wendell Slattery] #180675
06/04/16 03:03 PM
06/04/16 03:03 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: rick h
Not reversed, but reduce the damage, Type 2 stays just at lower levels so the damage to the kidneys and other organs is less, but if you were to eat any high levels of sugar, the damage would again being and start to appear on your charts, trust me I have "reversed" it several times.
Sugar is not the problem, FAT is the problem. Yes, Diabetes is manifested as high blood sugars, but the primary cause of DM2 is NOT sugar.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: APL] #180677
06/04/16 04:17 PM
06/04/16 04:17 PM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Not reversed, but reduce the damage, Type 2 stays just at lower levels so the damage to the kidneys and other organs is less, but if you were to eat any high levels of sugar, the damage would again being and start to appear on your charts, trust me I have "reversed" it several times.
Sugar is not the problem, FAT is the problem. Yes, Diabetes is manifested as high blood sugars, but the primary cause of DM2 is NOT sugar.
Yes, I meant foods that break down into sugar. I can only say that my brother and father were always thin, little fat anywhere, and yet slowly it developed, even with a good diet, so its not as simple as that...

Last edited by Rick H; 06/04/16 04:20 PM.
Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Wendell Slattery] #180682
06/04/16 11:20 PM
06/04/16 11:20 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Yes, I meant foods that break down into sugar. I can only say that my brother and father were always thin, little fat anywhere, and yet slowly it developed, even with a good diet, so its not as simple as that...
Food that breaks down to sugar - you mean starches? Starches are NOT the problem FAT is the problem. You say they ate a "good diet", but have not defined that and that is an issue because many (most?) who think they are eating a "good diet" but are they really? Example: Researchers found a stepwise increase in risk the more and more eggs people ate. Eating just a single egg a week appeared to increase the odds of diabetes by 76%. Two eggs a week appeared to double the odds, and just a single egg a day tripled the odds, three times greater risk of type 2 diabetes. But the whole diet is important...

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Wendell Slattery] #180686
06/05/16 11:10 AM
06/05/16 11:10 AM
D
daylily  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

USA
Hi Elle! I'm glad you've been inspired by my garden post!

I probably did eat too much grain but I don't now; I can't! My daughter and I have been gluten-free for nearly a year now. I feel better in several ways. But even when I first learned about the blood sugar issues, I had to cut way back on grains to control it. I still miss the grains.

I agree that emotions, stress, etc are a huge factor. One can develop diabetes just from stress. I've been learning a lot about the effects of stress and negative emotions and I believe it's far more dangerous than we have thought.

I agree with Rick H. that diabetes is not that simple. My husband's aunt is a tiny little thing and developed diabetes about ten years ago. She is now in her 70s and still controlling it with diet and lots of exercise and no medication.

I never did eat a high fat diet. I endured much mocking and cooking advice from DH's family because I didn't cook with butter or margarine or oil. They thought every pot of cooked veggies had to have at least a half a stick of margarine or 1/2 cup of vegetable oil!

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: daylily] #180689
06/06/16 03:45 PM
06/06/16 03:45 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I have eaten a healthy vegetarian diet since I was 18 (I am now almost 62) and a healthy vegan diet for the last 25 years or so. I have not eaten candy, cookies, or other junk food since around age 18 and raised my kids not to be junk food eaters.

I re-read your initial post that I quoted above which I think is quite valuable information for us all. I appreciate you sharing your experience as you have lived the "ideal" lifestyle that our health institutes promotes for most of your life with your diet, staying away from chemicals, sweets, and fats. Personally, I have followed the vegan diet at home for over 30+ years but did allow the occasional sweets and cooking with maple syrup(from my trees) and olive oil and coconut oil. Since I have strayed within my witness, I believe yours is more valuable by being more close to the ideal diet that our Church promotes in general for so many years.

Few people in our Church has followed our Adventist "ideal" diet & lifestyle faithfully for a long period of time like yourself; so few can really confirm or say if our "ideal" lifestyle is correct or if it needs further adjustment. By your experience, you have discovered that another step is needed to be taken by reducing grain. That's has been my hunch for the past 15+ years, that our "ideal" diet was still too heavy on the grains & starchy foods.

I probably did eat too much grain but I don't now; I can't! My daughter and I have been gluten-free for nearly a year now. I feel better in several ways. But even when I first learned about the blood sugar issues, I had to cut way back on grains to control it. I still miss the grains.

It's hard to have less grain with all our traditional dishes despite being veganized are still very heavy on the grain side by design. I miss grain also. I now had to totally abandon all grain (except the occasional quinoa) and my maple syrup because of breast cancer. So I totally empathize with you about missing the grain.

Originally Posted By: Apl

I agree with APL here. When I was working at Weimar Institute in research 25+ years ago, that's what the scientific papers were showing then. However it's sad that this information is still not passed down to the general public and people still believe sugar is the main contributor to diabetes II. No it's not, fat is -- and it was proven by a study where students volunteered eating a super high fat diet and within months they showed beginning stages of diabetes. The speculation was that the hi-fat in the blood stream might of covered the insulin receptors of the cells making them temporary non-functional.

I agree that emotions, stress, etc are a huge factor. One can develop diabetes just from stress.

If I recall correctly, stress releases platelets by which their composition are mainly fatty acids -- thus fats. So emotional stress must release these also.

I've been learning a lot about the effects of stress and negative emotions and I believe it's far more dangerous than we have thought.

I don't think you are overstating yourself at all. I believe (and much scientific studies have shown it) it is a HUGE factor in disease and health.

I agree with Rick H. that diabetes is not that simple. My husband's aunt is a tiny little thing and developed diabetes about ten years ago. She is now in her 70s and still controlling it with diet and lots of exercise and no medication.

Yes, I agree also. There's many factors to keep in check. Just changing our diet is not simple at all either. We all experienced that. How many of us succeeded to do it without the emotional stress? Foods are highly related to our pass experiences -- meaning foods are very imprinted in our brain which releases hormones when eaten. To remove the the bad foods that are imprinted in our minds and to add new foods with no pass positive memories attached to them -- will not produced oxytocin and other hormones that gives you the sense of satisfaction.

I never did eat a high fat diet. I endured much mocking and cooking advice from DH's family because I didn't cook with butter or margarine or oil. They thought every pot of cooked veggies had to have at least a half a stick of margarine or 1/2 cup of vegetable oil!

Despite I believe fat is a big factor, however it is not the only factor. As you have witnessed yourself, emotional stress would be another one that I would put on the top of the list. Fear (like the fear of not being saved because our performance is lacking) would be another that Christian suffer greatly compare to non-believers.

The thing that I disagree in this discussion is when someone says that Diabetes II (the same goes with any other lifestyle related diseases) CANNOT BE REVERSED. I think such a statement is serious in itself and shows the lost of hope -- another BIG contributing factor.

I personally believe the Lord can heal anyone without any lifestyle changes like shown in the Bible. I have met some cancer survivors that were healed spontaneously. I must admit that I have never met anyone being instantaneously healed of DB2, but have witness many at Weimar that have seen amazing results with only 19 days on being on the program and have met alumnies symptom free that have stayed with the program for years after.

However, the point here, is do we believe the Lord can heal us? Regardless if the healing is instantaneous or long-term with a lifestyle changes (== repentance) and being given a new spirit? If we don't believe; then we have lost another important contributing factor to our recovery -- hope. We all loose hope now and then. That's when we need our sisters and brothers hope to help us regain ours.

Warm blessings!

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Wendell Slattery] #180692
06/07/16 12:09 PM
06/07/16 12:09 PM
D
daylily  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

USA
If I recall correctly, it seemed that poster was not exactly saying DB2 couldn't be reversed. One can be symptom-free as long as they stay with the program but DB2 will "come back" if you eat a "normal" diet. Perhaps some think "cured" instead of reversed. It really isn't cured because, at least to me, cured would mean I could eat all the fruit and grain I want and still have normal blood sugar. smile

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: kland] #180694
06/07/16 12:21 PM
06/07/16 12:21 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia

And this is sad, but true in some cases. And a change of heart and mind is only possible through God. We need to pray for these people to look for help from God Himself.

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: APL] #180695
06/07/16 12:27 PM
06/07/16 12:27 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: APL

Excellent post, APL.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!