HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Financial Strain.... #18505
07/16/05 03:42 AM
07/16/05 03:42 AM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline OP
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to ask you all to pray for our financial situation. We are behind in our rent. We still need to come up with at least $500 within 5 days or home office for this apartment complex may forward our account to their attorneys. We have asked our church if there is ANY way they could help, but I ended up leaving a voicemail for the office manager, who will not be in until Monday morning. Please keep us in prayer! I know God will take care of us and I am trying not to stress myself about this, but it is hard. We are already getting state assistance for our food and medical, but we have too much coming in (according to them) for us to get any cash assistance. Please pray that everything eill work out for us! I have never been in this kind of situation before....possibly having it turned over to their attorneys. If that happens, we will have to pay the attorney fees as well. Thank you for your prayers.

Re: Financial Strain.... #18506
07/16/05 03:28 AM
07/16/05 03:28 AM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Stephanie, I'm sure everyone on here will be praying for you. I don't know your situation, does your husband have a job? Is there any way to find a cheaper place to live?

The Lord sees everything and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. If you put Him first, He will never leave you or forsake you.

Re: Financial Strain.... #18507
07/16/05 05:53 AM
07/16/05 05:53 AM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Steph: Check my Private Message to you.

Re: Financial Strain.... #18508
07/18/05 03:57 AM
07/18/05 03:57 AM
S
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Debbie,
My husband is working part time and going to school full time. I am getting diability and our son gets benefits from my disability, and SSi when they decide he qualifies for it. Based on my husband's income and the disability benefits, he should be getting about 200 or more each month..... but that won't start until next month anyway because they base it on PREVIOUS months of income......unreal, but what can ya do? The only work I have experience in is cashiering, but that requires standing for long periods of time, which is something I cannot do. My hip and knee are too weak, still. I have done strengthening exercises, including walking, but nothing has helped. I can't even kneel for very long because it hurts my knee. So, I am at home. But it is worthwhile. If I was not staying home with Davey, then we would end up paying daycare, etc for him.....which kinda defeats the whole purpose of trying to bring in extra income....eh?

As far as finding a cheaper place to live, not really. This place was the only place we could get into without having a co-signer, because of our income and credit. (Long story on that one) Also, this place has heat, water, sewer, trash, and cooking gas included in the rent. First time I ever heard of separating gas heat from cooking gas, but ok.....I'll accept that. Just about everywhere here separates the two. Whatever makes them happy, I guess. Also, the least expensive places I have found are about $850 for a two bedroom apartment, which is what we would need. Houses are out of the question because they go for $1000-1500 per month. Everything here is a lot more expensive than the small town we came from.

The thing is, it is only one month that we are behind. We are covered for next month and the months after that. The problem was that my husband ended up working fewer hours and getting less pay..... because his former employers promised one thing before we moved then changed their minds afterward. So, we went from getting bi-weekly paychecks to weekly paychecks. From $9 per hour back down to $8.50 and from nearly 40 hours per week down to (16 at the former place) 32 on average at the place he is working now.

I know God is in control. Whatever happens is in His hands. Dave talked with the person leading his Sabbath School class and he gave us the number to the IL Conference finance dept. just in case the church is unable to help us out. The pastor doesn't seem to think there will be a problem, but we won't know until all is said and done. Dave will be calling the Conference today, after he gets out of work and I will call the church office tomorrow, unless the office manager calls me first.

Oh, the total amount we need to come up with is $1124..... $972 for one month's rent plus the rest is late payment fee and a small amount (according to the office) previously owed. We were expecting a check in the mail for Dave, but it hasn't arrived yet. Maybe it will get here on Monday.....or maybe not until this is all done. Who knows? Only God does.....maybe He has allowed it to arrive late to make sure we put our trust in Him. I will keep y'all posted on the situation. Thanks for your prayers!

Re: Financial Strain.... #18509
07/17/05 06:37 PM
07/17/05 06:37 PM
Jan  Offline
Ohio
You are in my prayers Stephanie. We have a son that lives in the Chicago area, and know the high price of living around there, unfortunately not matched by the wages; rent is almost double there to what it is here. The Lord seems to be bringing several of us through trials, there must be something around the corner that we will need these experiences for, and I'm trying to stay focused on that. The Lord has it all planned out for us!

Re: Financial Strain.... #18510
07/18/05 05:17 PM
07/18/05 05:17 PM
S
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Well, I talked with the IL Conference person and she said they generally refer the people to their church for assistance, first. Well, the church's admin. assistant called to set up an appointment with one of the senior pastors , but that isn't until this Sabbath, the 23rd. He wants to meet with us because he has never met me before, tho he has talked with my husband a couple times. We have met and talked with THE senior pastor already, when we were starting the process of transferring our membership. Well, I told the assistant the situation, in more detail....that the apartment complex wants $$ by the 20th (Wed.) or they may terminate our lease. She suggested that I call the other pastor's cell to see if he wants to meet sooner or if he could possibly get things going before we meet on Sabbath. Keep praying, please. We really need it...... I know God is in control.

Re: Financial Strain.... #18511
07/18/05 10:32 PM
07/18/05 10:32 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
You and your family are in my prayers as well Stephanie.
Call up the Pastor on his cell, and explain that you can be out on the street before Sabbath which is why this needs his special attention, as your livlihood is at stake here.
God Bless you and your family.
Will

Re: Financial Strain.... #18512
07/18/05 11:21 PM
07/18/05 11:21 PM
S
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
I called the pastor on his cell. He called me back about 1/2 hour b-4 the church office was going to close. I had talked with one of the other pastors on Friday of last week, but this other pastor (Ante) wanted to find out what the other one (John) had said. Anyway, I told him the entire situation and he is going to talk with the office manager first thing tomorrow morning. He said he will tell her that it is an emergency and we need to know ASAP. I talked to the apartment office and they said if it ends up being a couple days later, that will be ok, AS LONG AS WE LET THEM KNOW....... (their stresses, not mine...hehe) ANyway, Ante said if necessary, the church could call the office and let them know the $$ is coming & when it would be there..... Jill @ the office here said to make sure we put something in writing stating that people helping us out have permission to get the info on our account.....That way they can discuss it with the church in necessary. So, we will see what happens. Jill told me to keep her posted as far as what is going on with our money situation, so we can make sure we take care of everything. She even told me to "wait to worry" because everything is NOT done all at once. So, whatever God has in His plan for us will be worked out in the end.

It's funny. Ante's sermon this last Sabbath mentioned difficulties occurring to God's people. I can really see it happening now. I mean, NOTHING has come easy for us since arriving here. Sure, we have gotten help when needed, but it has been an uphill battle so far. God must have a big plan for us, because it seems that Satan is working OVERTIME trying to discourage us! BUT, we are keeping our eyes on "The Prize" (aka, Jesus soon return to take us all home.) That is the important thing.

Re: Financial Strain.... #18513
07/19/05 04:47 PM
07/19/05 04:47 PM
S
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Ok, I talked with the pastor and he said the church can give us $500 tomorrow, but will have to wait for the remaining $500 until Monday at the earliest, because the other pastor will be back then and he is on the finance committee....and is able to give us the rest of it, if he beileves we should be able to get it. (I hope that makes sense, and didn't come across in a bad way. I sometimes have trouble expressing myself properly...lol) He also called the apt. office and told them the same thing. I went to the office to give them the authorization letter to discuss our account with church reps. Well, I told them exactly what the pastor told me and they said, ok. Not a problem. Also, the finance committee doesn't meet until Aug.4, SO, we may have to wait until then to get the rest. Again, I told the apt. office that and they still said ok.......So, I know God is in control. He is working everything together.

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!