HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, Daryl, dedication, 3 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 2 [Re: James Peterson] #187334
08/22/18 04:35 AM
08/22/18 04:35 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by Ellen White, whom He has appointed heir of His Spirit of Prophecy, through whom also He made available to us the Testimonies because of which His Church shall be purged of her rejectors, shaken out that those who remain shall be safe in the glory of her excellent name. Heb. 1:1-4

ROFL

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 2 [Re: Charity] #187398
09/02/18 12:29 AM
09/02/18 12:29 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Jesus came to this earth in order to save us --

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

That is the basic foundation!

A prophet is simply a messenger pointing us to Jesus and eternal realities. They are simply human beings like everyone else with a special work to do for God.

Jesus being our Savior doesn't mean God no longer speaks to us through prophets.
He has spoken through prophets in many different times and ways.

And God promised to send messages through the prophets:

Mainstream Christians look at us askew and tell us that God no longer speaks through prophets since the time of the apostles.

Yet the Bible says:
"Do not despise prophesying, but test everything; hold fast what is good. 1 Thess. 5:20,21. (RSV)
Yes, it behooves us to be cautious when it comes to modern prophets for Matthew 24:24 tells us that many false prophets will arise to deceive. However, Christ does not warn us against all prophets, but only false prophets. We are admonished to "test" prophesying. We are counseled not to despise prophesying. We are urged to hold fast to the true.

Now let's look at Revelation 1:1-3 here we read that "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to Him, to show to His servants things which must shortly come to pass" "given to his servant John" (the prophet) "who bare record of the word and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of the things he saw. Blessed is he that reads and they that hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written therein..."

Here the sequence is plain. The testimony of Jesus Christ is clearly linked to the prophecies of things that must come to pass, it is linked to God sending a message through a prophet (John in this case) that people may read and know and understand what must soon come to pass. Coupled with this is the admonition that this knowledge will change the person and they will "keep those things which are written."

If the testimony of Jesus is a gift to confirm the church looking for the coming of the Lord, (1 Cor.1:6,7) and if the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy (Rev. 19:10) and if the gift of prophecy is one of the gifts the Holy Spirit bestows upon a church to edify the church for "he that prophesies edifies the church, (1 Cor. 14:4) would it not be reasonable to expect God to give His last day church a prophet?

How has God dealt with people in the past? Before any great calamity struck, God always sent a message of warning to His people. "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he reveals his secret unto his servants the prophets," says Amos 3:7. The old testament prophets faithfully warned and entreated the people as destruction was descending upon them. Most all of these spokesmen for God were scorned, ridiculed, persecuted and some were even killed. Rarely was a prophet who predicted the end of worldly prosperity and called for a forsaking of sins, welcomed by either the majority of the people or even the popular religious leader. The religious leaders would usually rather take the old writings and interpret them in a pleasing fashion, then listen to the warnings and reproofs of a present day prophet.

Yet God sent these men to His people to warn them. This gives us another reason to believe that God would not allow the horrendous predictions of Revelation to come to pass before sending strong prophetic messages to warn the people. Revelation speaks of a massive deception to sweep the world. It warns of terrible things to befall those who follow the beast and his image. It speaks of only a remnant of faithful clinging to God's commandments and the faith and testimony of Jesus. Would not God make it plain to the people how to avoid the deceptions of the last days which Revelation predicts?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 2 [Re: dedication] #187409
09/02/18 09:04 PM
09/02/18 09:04 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Jesus came to this earth in order to save us --

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

That is the basic foundation!

A prophet is simply a messenger pointing us to Jesus and eternal realities. They are simply human beings like everyone else with a special work to do for God.

Jesus being our Savior doesn't mean God no longer speaks to us through prophets.
He has spoken through prophets in many different times and ways.

And God promised to send messages through the prophets:

Mainstream Christians look at us askew and tell us that God no longer speaks through prophets since the time of the apostles.

Yet the Bible says:
"Do not despise prophesying, but test everything; hold fast what is good. 1 Thess. 5:20,21. (RSV)
Yes, it behooves us to be cautious when it comes to modern prophets for Matthew 24:24 tells us that many false prophets will arise to deceive. However, Christ does not warn us against all prophets, but only false prophets. We are admonished to "test" prophesying. We are counseled not to despise prophesying. We are urged to hold fast to the true.

Now let's look at Revelation 1:1-3 here we read that "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to Him, to show to His servants things which must shortly come to pass" "given to his servant John" (the prophet) "who bare record of the word and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of the things he saw. Blessed is he that reads and they that hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written therein..."

Here the sequence is plain. The testimony of Jesus Christ is clearly linked to the prophecies of things that must come to pass, it is linked to God sending a message through a prophet (John in this case) that people may read and know and understand what must soon come to pass. Coupled with this is the admonition that this knowledge will change the person and they will "keep those things which are written."

If the testimony of Jesus is a gift to confirm the church looking for the coming of the Lord, (1 Cor.1:6,7) and if the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy (Rev. 19:10) and if the gift of prophecy is one of the gifts the Holy Spirit bestows upon a church to edify the church for "he that prophesies edifies the church, (1 Cor. 14:4) would it not be reasonable to expect God to give His last day church a prophet?

How has God dealt with people in the past? Before any great calamity struck, God always sent a message of warning to His people. "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he reveals his secret unto his servants the prophets," says Amos 3:7. The old testament prophets faithfully warned and entreated the people as destruction was descending upon them. Most all of these spokesmen for God were scorned, ridiculed, persecuted and some were even killed. Rarely was a prophet who predicted the end of worldly prosperity and called for a forsaking of sins, welcomed by either the majority of the people or even the popular religious leader. The religious leaders would usually rather take the old writings and interpret them in a pleasing fashion, then listen to the warnings and reproofs of a present day prophet.

Yet God sent these men to His people to warn them. This gives us another reason to believe that God would not allow the horrendous predictions of Revelation to come to pass before sending strong prophetic messages to warn the people. Revelation speaks of a massive deception to sweep the world. It warns of terrible things to befall those who follow the beast and his image. It speaks of only a remnant of faithful clinging to God's commandments and the faith and testimony of Jesus. Would not God make it plain to the people how to avoid the deceptions of the last days which Revelation predicts?

So how do you interpret Heb. 1:1, "God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, HAS IN THESE LAST DAYS spoken to us by Ellen White"?

If you were to reject her testimonies, would you be eternally lost?

///

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 2 [Re: Charity] #187412
09/03/18 03:39 AM
09/03/18 03:39 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The text says God has spoken to us through His Son!

We do need to focus much more on the words of Christ (which we generally find printed in red in our Bibles).

I thoroughly enjoy how the books --(Desire of Ages, Christ's Object Lessons, Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings) really bring the life and teachings of Jesus to our hearts.

As to your question --
if we reject the testimonies would we be lost?

It depends --
There is no merit to be earned or lost by our accepting or rejecting. Our only merits for salvation are from Christ.
But we do need to be serious as to WHAT about the message is being rejected, for it can affect our lives physically and spiritually.

How do you interprete the following?

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I

Zachariah 1:4 Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and [from] your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me, saith the LORD.
1:5 Your fathers, where are they? and the prophets, do they live for ever?
1:6 But my words and my statutes, which I commanded my servants the prophets, did they not take hold of your fathers?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 2 [Re: dedication] #187415
09/03/18 03:54 PM
09/03/18 03:54 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication

How do you interprete the following?

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God

• It is imperative that you understand the context of that dire warning. At the beginning, the actions of Israel were listed:

There is no truth or mercy
    Or knowledge of God in the land.
    By swearing and lying,
    Killing and stealing and committing adultery,
    They break all restraint,
    With bloodshed upon bloodshed.

• The passage you quoted is expressed more clearly immediately following the list above:

THEREFORE the land will mourn;
    And everyone who dwells there will waste away
    With the beasts of the field
    And the birds of the air;
    Even the fish of the sea will be taken away.

• God is not destroying anyone for refusing to read the testimonies of Ellen White.1 Rather, SDA are like dumb dogs against the immorality of Las Vegas and Hollywood. They sleep while sin dances and sings in their country. Bigotry and violence have taken hold of the people. For which reason God says through Hosea:

Now let no man contend, or rebuke another;
    For your people are like those who contend with the priest.
    Therefore you shall stumble in the day;
    The prophet also shall stumble with you in the night;
    And I will destroy your mother.

-----------------

1 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I also will forget your children. Hosea 4:6

///

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 2 [Re: Charity] #187548
09/29/18 11:15 AM
09/29/18 11:15 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Regarding...Hosea 4:6
Quote:
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God"

It is the message to Laodicea...those who claim to be God's people and who claim to be rich and in need of nothing. They reject the messages that God gives at the time of His appointing. And Revelation is clear that the rich men will cry for the rocks to fall on them. Those who reject the knowledge that God sends them in mercy and love are destroyed because of their own choices.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!