HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Apostasy of a most startling nature.... #187389
09/01/18 11:02 AM
09/01/18 11:02 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
One of the teachers went to our original church as it is the primary church for the SDA school. So they do a yearly presentation of the teachers and so on for the start of the school year. Well guess what she found in the calendar:

Roman Catholic Theology
September 12, 2018 7:00 PM

So after the introduction of the din they call music and "Spiritual Formation" training they are now starting classes on Roman Catholic Theology, and its every week much like the other classes. Our church leaders in our little group also had found out and we were to say at the least "aghast"....

Can this really be happening or am I in a bad dream...

"Even in the Adventist Church

We have far more to fear from within than from without. The hindrances to strength and success are far greater from the church itself than from the world. Unbelievers have a right to expect that those who profess to be keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, will do more than any other class to promote and honor, by their consistent lives, by their godly example and their active influence, the cause which they represent. But how often have the professed advocates of the truth proved the greatest obstacle to its advancement! The unbelief indulged, the doubts expressed, the darkness cherished, encourage the presence of evil angels, and open the way for the accomplishment of Satan's devices."—Selected Messages 1:122 (1887). {LDE 156.2}

Last edited by Rick H; 09/01/18 11:03 AM.
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #187393
09/01/18 10:11 PM
09/01/18 10:11 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Basically we would need more information to really comment intelligently on this matter.

Like, what is the purpose of these studies?
What has triggered the decision to have them?

For example -- in our region there have been seminars on "Muslim Theology". I have not attended any of them (yet) not sure if I will in the future. As I'm not exactly comfortable with the idea, for the Moslem religion, at it's core, is purely a "works" theology (which to a large extent is also true of the Catholic religion).

But the idea behind those lessons, is to "find ways to reach the Moslem community".
In which case, for those serious about bringing the gospel to Muslims, finding some common stepping stones to lead them to salvation in Christ, would be a helpful and useful tool.

But of course, I do not know if this is the case of the "RC theology lessons" in you original church.

Too often, in these inter-faith "lessons" the goal is to promote the idea that all religions lead to God, just respect them all and don't agitate any "right" or "wrong" -- they are all good in their own way. Yet this is a key mindset which lies at the foundation of the ecumenical program. We need to be alert to its infiltration into our thinking. Revelation makes it clear that not all "worship" leads to God.

I suppose another possible reason for those lessons could be part of preparing for the merging factor in our health institutions, that seems to be occurring -- I don't know if the school you referenced is the Adventist Health University in Florida, nor have I heard anything of it considering joining the merging trend.
However, there have been several moves elsewhere of Adventist Health systems "yoking together" with the Catholic Health systems.
There is the AMITA (a joint venture of Catholic Ascension's Alexian Brothers Health System and Adventist Midwest Health) There is the Adventist Health and the Catholic St. Joseph Health are yoking together in several western states.
That, in my view, is apostasy -- a complete reverse of the purpose for which our health institutions were founded and our health message given -- they were to be the right arm to help proclaim the three angel's message!

Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: dedication] #187396
09/01/18 11:32 PM
09/01/18 11:32 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Basically we would need more information to really comment intelligently on this matter.

Like, what is the purpose of these studies?
What has triggered the decision to have them?

For example -- in our region there have been seminars on "Muslim Theology". I have not attended any of them (yet) not sure if I will in the future. As I'm not exactly comfortable with the idea, for the Moslem religion, at it's core, is purely a "works" theology (which to a large extent is also true of the Catholic religion).

But the idea behind those lessons, is to "find ways to reach the Moslem community".
In which case, for those serious about bringing the gospel to Muslims, finding some common stepping stones to lead them to salvation in Christ, would be a helpful and useful tool.

But of course, I do not know if this is the case of the "RC theology lessons" in you original church.

Too often, in these inter-faith "lessons" the goal is to promote the idea that all religions lead to God, just respect them all and don't agitate any "right" or "wrong" -- they are all good in their own way. Yet this is a key mindset which lies at the foundation of the ecumenical program. We need to be alert to its infiltration into our thinking. Revelation makes it clear that not all "worship" leads to God.

I suppose another possible reason for those lessons could be part of preparing for the merging factor in our health institutions, that seems to be occurring -- I don't know if the school you referenced is the Adventist Health University in Florida, nor have I heard anything of it considering joining the merging trend.
However, there have been several moves elsewhere of Adventist Health systems "yoking together" with the Catholic Health systems.
There is the AMITA (a joint venture of Catholic Ascension's Alexian Brothers Health System and Adventist Midwest Health) There is the Adventist Health and the Catholic St. Joseph Health are yoking together in several western states.
That, in my view, is apostasy -- a complete reverse of the purpose for which our health institutions were founded and our health message given -- they were to be the right arm to help proclaim the three angel's message!

Yes, you are correct, I checked their site before I posted the thread and tried to get a more comprehensive view, but it just shows it as a weekly meeting. We are looking to see what contacts we have to see if we can find out more details or a description of the classes purpose, but from how they fiercely pushed the "Spiritual Formation' agenda, I fear it is more of the same. I will see what comes out and update accordingly, but the decision to have them appears to come from the same idea as before, to force another type of worship on the members left there.

Last edited by Rick H; 09/01/18 11:33 PM.
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #187695
10/25/18 10:13 AM
10/25/18 10:13 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Well, some of our members made contact with our old church, and it was not good. They talked with the pastor over at the old church, and even invited him to the VOP series we were having The Appearing with Shawn Boonstra of Christs coming and they were shocked at the response. He told them not to invited them to the series as they 'no longer were giving that message'. I don't know what to say...

Last edited by Rick H; 10/25/18 10:14 AM.
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #187799
11/11/18 04:52 AM
11/11/18 04:52 AM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Is your old church still officially affiliated with the SDA denomination?

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #187801
11/11/18 09:16 AM
11/11/18 09:16 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Well technically yes, but we are really pondering if any of the Florida Conference is still part of the Adventist church, as they have forced the old pastors to retire in many of the churches saying they did not have enough money to support them. Then they brought in these pastors trained in spiritual formation and Willow Creek philosophy to replace them, and destroyed what were once vibrant faithful congregations. To top it off they will not allow any new churches to be formed without the group leaders being sent to these Willow Creek/spiritual formation classes, its like they are either forcing the congregations to comply whether new or established, or destroying the membership.

Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #187820
11/13/18 08:36 AM
11/13/18 08:36 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Can anything be done to salvage the situation? Does the General Conference have any input into these sort of activities in Florida, or is it strictly a matter for local jurisdiction? Or, has the invasive spiritual formation movement infected the General Conference level of Church administration?

Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #187821
11/13/18 11:02 AM
11/13/18 11:02 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
That is a good question, as we were shocked by the Florida Conferences insistence that all new groups wanting to become churches have to send their leaders for spiritual formation training. We argued with the conference to no avail and came up with what must have been divinely inspired solution. We sent one of our primary leaders to present to the conference how they had strayed from truth and call them out. This fulfilled the requirement while at the same time not betraying what we felt was the path God had for us. Others are seeing what the conference is doing and ungodly nature its displaying, so we shall see.

Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #187893
11/21/18 01:07 PM
11/21/18 01:07 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Attacks on the church appear to be intensifying. Both inside and from outside.
The venomous hatred poured out on youtube is breathtaking! And I see that we still have some trolls on site, here! It appears that the devil is becoming more wroth by the day. His time is growing short!

Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #187900
11/21/18 07:30 PM
11/21/18 07:30 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
So the only real question to be asking is: "Am I part of the problem, or part of the solution?"
Then ask yourself if you like the answer.

Signed: JAK the Troll.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!