HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: A Proposed Change to Our 28 Fundamental Beliefs [Re: Charity] #187633
10/11/18 01:03 PM
10/11/18 01:03 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Charity
The recent unanimous vote of the Amazing Facts Constituency to operate autonomously from the Northern California Conference beginning in 2019 as reported by Fulcrum7 elicited the following comments by two of Fulcrum7's readers:
Quote:

Reader One asks: So, isn't this a "breakaway movement!"
Reader Two replies: . . . Of course it is a "breakaway movement!"
It's not under the SDA's denomination umbrella; it's run as an "independent" ministry. And they have several core beliefs that have traditionally not been part of the official position of the Church.
One of the most evident of their fallacies is the "belief" in the perfectionism heresy, that was rejected several times by the Church. But now this heresy has been given a fancy name, and many are falling for it. It's called LGT - Last Generation Theology. A very dangerous heresy. LGTarians are now infiltrating this heresy in several fronts in the Church.
What amazes me the most is that the current POTGC [President of the General Conference of the Church] is not denouncing the heresy - as several GC Presidents did in the past. Which makes room for thinking that he is himself a LGTarian. An alarming thought...

I haven't checked the accuracy of Reader Two's claim that several former GC Presidents have denounced perfectionism. He could be right because Ellen White also condemns the brand of perfectionism that is linked to spiritualism, perfection of the flesh. But, perfectionism aside, I have studied the issue of character perfection in the inspired sources for several years. One reason for my interest is that this has been a current issue within Adventism from the time I was a child. As I write this I'm 59 and some of my earliest memories are of discussions I sat in on or overheard among adults on whether it is possible to live a sinless life. My father, Victor Shipowick, an Adventist pastor always answered that question in the affirmative and although he sometimes failed to live that ideal, he never wavered in his belief that is was not only possible but essential. One of his favorite texts was “Sin shall not have dominion over you” Romans 6:14. Central to the gospel is the message that Christ has broken the power of sin and it will not dominate in our lives - not in the new-born baby in Christ, not in the mature soldier of the cross who fully reflects His image, and not at any point in between.

So, was my father right or had he, in the words of Reader Two imbibed a “very dangerous heresy”? You've already seen where I stand on this but I'm not going to discuss the topic at length because the word of God explains it with such force and appeal that there is no need for me to write another book or article on this wonderful truth. But what I will do is briefly make the case that this doctrine is so central to the third angel's message and to the everlasting gospel, that it should not only be added to our statement of beliefs, it should be given prominence because the liberating power of Christ, His ability to present us faultless before the throne of God not in theory but in fact, is not just central to the everlasting gospel, it is the everlasting gospel.

The Apostles in the New Testament Church warned the members about the coming of the Anti-Christ. John the Beloved admonished us to test the spirits of those who claimed to be followers of Christ. He says any who deny that the Son of God has come in the flesh are anti-Christ in spirit. The most effective way to deny that Christ came in the flesh is not to deny that He lived here as a man 2000 years ago but is to deny His power to present us faultless before the throne of God. One who denies the power of Christ to save from sin effectively denies that Christ has come in the flesh and has overcome sin in the flesh and is anti-Christ in spirit.

In 1905, seventeen years after the 1888 Conference, Alonzo Jones published a book entitled “The Consecrated Way to Christian Perfection.” By this time there were some signs that Jones was loosing his bearings but the book is still significant in that it was one of Jones' last pleas to the church to enter into the experience of righteousness by faith and press on to perfection in the strength of Christ. In hind sight we see Jones as a tragic case of one who failed to live out his own ideal but we can still admire him for his confession.

The cases of Jones and Waggoner may have put a damper on some Adventists who are convinced that character perfection is possible but are reluctant to confess their faith because their lives don't measure up. But the very acknowledgment of the possibility is the first essential step of faith. And the Lord assures us that we need not worry; it's not our righteousness that counts, it's His. Whether imputed or imparted, every bit of it is His. So on the one hand there is no need to fear, and on the other there is no room to boast. We work out what God works in but all our efficiency originates outside of ourselves. The power and glory belong to God alone.

We're exhorted in the word of God to stand fast, uphold and contend for that faith which was once delivered to the saints. If the purpose of our statement of beliefs is to define the essence of our religion then it should plainly state the essentials. And beloved, what could be more essential than our belief in the power of Christ to save to the uttermost? The reason Adventism continues to wander in the wilderness of unbelief is that like ancient Israel, those who have believed have been few in number and their testimony ignored and/or denounced.

There are few doctrines that trouble the nominal Christian and the worldling alike more than the twin doctrines of moral purity and character perfection. Dr. Colin Standish, in his book Perfection writes:
Quote:

It was Wesley who strongly influenced the early Seventh-day Adventists in their understanding of character perfection. John Wesley met much opposition. One of his greatest opponents was Count von Zindendorf. In commenting upon von Zindendorf ’s views, Wesley wrote:

There is scarcely an expression in Holy Writ which has given more offense than this. The word perfect is what many cannot bear. The very sound of it is an abomination to them, and whosoever preaches perfection … that it is obtainable in this life, runs great hazard of being counted by them, worse than a heathen man or a Publican. —The Works of Wesley, vol. 6, p. 1

Still speaking of Count von Zindendorf,Wesley continued,

“No,” says the great man. “This is an error of errors. I hate it from my heart. I pursue it through all the world with fire and sword this idea that you can overcome sin.” —Ibid.

In response Wesley said:

I say, why so vehement? Why are those who oppose salvation from sin, few excepted, so eager? In God’s name, why are you so fond of sin?What has it ever done for you? What good is it ever likely to do for you in this world, or in the world to come?And why are you so violent against those who hope for a deliverance from it? —Ibid. Standish, Perfection, p.14-15. Hartland Publications 2009

Today the same tension is palpable between conservative and liberal Adventists. Given that the church is no longer able to bridge the widening gap between both parties what are we to do? Conservatives have been trying to close the doors on unbiblical practices such as women's ordination. This hasn't worked. Why? Because we conservatives have never laid the ax to the root of the tree ourselves. There is a love and condoning of sin among us. As a result, a stiff-necked unbelief in the power of Christ to break the bonds of our captivity permeates the body and threatens our existence.

Our Statements of Belief from the beginning, in the name of a false idea of unity have opened the door for the current apostasy. But, belief in the power of Christ to save is the starting point and the finishing point of our faith and the essence of the gospel. If we don't get this right, all our striving will be in vain. So in the name of Christ I say both our Statement of Beliefs and our personal confession has to be grounded solidly here.

Below I've attached an appendix that includes SDA Fundamental Beliefs 11 and 24 containing suggested amendments which are underlined.

The lines of battle between truth and error have already been divinely, not humanly, drawn; the victory has already been divinely won. The only question left is on which side will you and I stand: Will we be among those who overcome through the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony and share in the victory of Christ. God's people are at a spiritual Jordan and now is our opportunity to cross over and claim our inheritance, the righteousness of Christ. Will we allow ourselves to be intimidated by the giants in the land of our inheritance? Or will we positively affirm our faith in the power of God to grant us victory and offer ourselves willingly in the day of battle. Ps. 110:3.

Most of us will not. And I'm afraid many of even conservative Adventists, whether regular Adventists or independents will go down with the ship because they are on the wrong ship. The ship that goes through are those who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus, a living faith that believes His Word. It's these who have the patience of the saints and are perfected in the love of Christ. Those who are sanctified in the truth in fulfillment of the prayer of Christ for the church will be perfected in His love and the result will be perfect unity.

The Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Rev 22:17.

Appendix A – Proposed Changes to Belief 11 and 24
of the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of Seventh-day Adventists*
*The underlined words contain the suggested amendments.

Belief 11
Growing in Christ: The gospel is the power of God through Christ to completely break the bonds of sin and to liberate and fully restore humanity to the image of God. Individual perfection of character is the purpose of God in the plan of salvation, the essence of the gospel and the New Covenant. By His death on the cross Jesus triumphed over the forces of evil. He who subjugated the demonic spirits during His earthly ministry has broken their power and made certain their ultimate doom. Jesus’ victory gives us victory over the evil forces that still seek to control us, as we walk with Him in peace, joy, and assurance of His love. Now the Holy Spirit dwells within us and empowers us. Continually committed to Jesus as our Saviour and Lord, we are set free from the burden of our past deeds. No longer do we live in the darkness, fear of evil powers, ignorance, and meaninglessness of our former way of life. In this new freedom in Jesus, we are called to grow into the likeness of His character, communing with Him daily in prayer, feeding on His Word, meditating on it and on His providence, singing His praises, gathering together for worship, and participating in the mission of the Church. We are also called to follow Christ’s example by compassionately ministering to the physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of humanity. As we give ourselves in loving service to those around us and in witnessing to His salvation, His constant presence with us through the Spirit transforms every moment and every task into a spiritual experience.

Belief 24
Christ’s Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary: There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle that the Lord set up and not humans. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. At His ascension, He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and, began His intercessory ministry, which was typified by the work of the high priest in the holy place of the earthly sanctuary. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry, which was typified by the work of the high priest in the most holy place of the earthly sanctuary. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus. The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection. It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. As in the typical Day of Atonement when both the tabernacle and people were cleansed, so in this Day, Christ as our High Priest cleanses and purifies His Church, establishing the New Covenant, writing His law upon the heart, perfecting His image in the character of His people. The Father does this by Christ through whom He imparts His Spirit in the form of spiritual gifts for the perfecting of the saint. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent.

I am not understanding this premise of changing the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the church. I am not aware of anyone proposing such an idea.

Re: A Proposed Change to Our 28 Fundamental Beliefs [Re: Charity] #187644
10/12/18 08:33 PM
10/12/18 08:33 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I thought I had read they are adding a 29th.
Kind of brings up thoughts of Mountain Man.

Re: A Proposed Change to Our 28 Fundamental Beliefs [Re: kland] #187649
10/13/18 01:46 PM
10/13/18 01:46 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland
I thought I had read they are adding a 29th.
Kind of brings up thoughts of Mountain Man.

I have not heard this. I hope not. I believe the 28 we have is an excellent introduction to proper Bible study and understanding. Something needs to be left to searching issues out for ourselves with "fear and trembling".

Re: A Proposed Change to Our 28 Fundamental Beliefs [Re: Alchemy] #187654
10/13/18 07:41 PM
10/13/18 07:41 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
I am not understanding this premise of changing the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the church. I am not aware of anyone proposing such an idea.

The premise I'm suggesting is that the Bible teaches character perfection - complete liberation from sin through the power of Christ as our High Priest to present us faultless before the throne of God - and because this is central to our faith and to our commission we ought to insert a few clarifying sentences into two of the 28 fundamentals.

Re: A Proposed Change to Our 28 Fundamental Beliefs [Re: Charity] #187655
10/14/18 12:46 AM
10/14/18 12:46 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient

The premise I'm suggesting is that the Bible teaches character perfection - complete liberation from sin through the power of Christ as our High Priest to present us faultless before the throne of God - and because this is central to our faith and to our commission we ought to insert a few clarifying sentences into two of the 28 fundamentals.

The fact is, the so-called "fundamental beliefs" are wildly incomplete. Every Biblical doctrine, to my understanding at least, should be regarded as a "fundamental." This is why we are instructed to have no creed but the Bible. We have gone against Mrs. White's counsel in this, to our shame.

One of the "missing fundamentals" is present in the Lord's Prayer: Forgiving our brethren. Forgiveness is not listed among the 28 FB. Why not? It is absolutely essential for salvation.

When a doctrine of such significance as forgiveness can be omitted from the "28 FB," who can know what else may be missing?

Jesus said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." Unfortunately, in developing our Adventist creed in this manner, we have NOT kept His commandments. He told us plainly, through Mrs. White, to have no creed but the Bible.

This is one issue where I firmly believe our General Conference has erred. Just as J. N. Loughborough, a faithful Adventist pioneer, said, this development of a creed is a step in apostasy that will lead to other steps. It already has. His prophecy is being fulfilled before our very eyes.

In my part of the world, the church organization has pressed us to sign a "memorandum of understanding (MOU)" in order to assure them that we will adhere to the established doctrines of the church. In the beginning, of a desire to work in unity with the church, we sought to do just such a thing. Unfortunately, our proposals were rejected, at least once, by the committees at each level of administration, going all the way up to the GC level. Even doing our best to write a proper proposal, it was rejected. That's when I learned a valuable truth from Mrs. White in my personal study. The MOU was the wrong thing to pursue. Mrs. White says sharply that such agreements with the church should not be made. She says God forbids us to sign them.

We are accountable to God, not the church, for our work and for our beliefs. To His Word alone we should go for guidance, not to oracles of the church.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: A Proposed Change to Our 28 Fundamental Beliefs [Re: Green Cochoa] #187658
10/14/18 02:36 PM
10/14/18 02:36 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
The fact is, the so-called "fundamental beliefs" are wildly incomplete. Every Biblical doctrine, to my understanding at least, should be regarded as a "fundamental." This is why we are instructed to have no creed but the Bible. We have gone against Mrs. White's counsel in this, to our shame.

One of the "missing fundamentals" is present in the Lord's Prayer: Forgiving our brethren. Forgiveness is not listed among the 28 FB. Why not? It is absolutely essential for salvation.

When a doctrine of such significance as forgiveness can be omitted from the "28 FB," who can know what else may be missing?

Jesus said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." Unfortunately, in developing our Adventist creed in this manner, we have NOT kept His commandments. He told us plainly, through Mrs. White, to have no creed but the Bible.

This is one issue where I firmly believe our General Conference has erred. Just as J. N. Loughborough, a faithful Adventist pioneer, said, this development of a creed is a step in apostasy that will lead to other steps. It already has. His prophecy is being fulfilled before our very eyes.

In my part of the world, the church organization has pressed us to sign a "memorandum of understanding (MOU)" in order to assure them that we will adhere to the established doctrines of the church. In the beginning, of a desire to work in unity with the church, we sought to do just such a thing. Unfortunately, our proposals were rejected, at least once, by the committees at each level of administration, going all the way up to the GC level. Even doing our best to write a proper proposal, it was rejected. That's when I learned a valuable truth from Mrs. White in my personal study. The MOU was the wrong thing to pursue. Mrs. White says sharply that such agreements with the church should not be made. She says God forbids us to sign them.

We are accountable to God, not the church, for our work and for our beliefs. To His Word alone we should go for guidance, not to oracles of the church.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

• The reality is not as simple as you make it out to be. Every denomination says their doctrines are based on the Bible; yet one says that, and another a totally different thing. Compound that with the tendency of many to point the finger at others and denounce them because of some doctrine, and to steal members from them saying, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free," and the situation becomes even murkier.

• CREED becomes absolutely necessary to preserve the identity of the denomination, to differentiate itself from others which make similar claims but preach very different conclusions. In fact, God Himself established Israel on the foundation of CREED beginning with Abraham of whom God Himself told Isaac, his son, "Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws" distinct and apart from what was prevalent in those days. (Gen. 26:5 cf. Judges 21:25)

• But there is a spirit of rebellion in the camp when men, wanting to preach whatever they imagine, resort to claiming immunity from the fundamental beliefs of the woman whose breasts they suckle.

///

Re: A Proposed Change to Our 28 Fundamental Beliefs [Re: Green Cochoa] #187703
10/25/18 10:51 AM
10/25/18 10:51 AM
Rick H  Offline
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Happy to see you Green,

I think that man has to have it in writing just like the Ten Commandments or else they find a way to justify what they want to do and become addicted to some facet of sin. What can we do, its in our nature...?

Re: A Proposed Change to Our 28 Fundamental Beliefs [Re: Rick H] #187706
10/26/18 12:51 PM
10/26/18 12:51 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Rick H
Happy to see you Green,

I think that man has to have it in writing just like the Ten Commandments or else they find a way to justify what they want to do and become addicted to some facet of sin. What can we do, its in our nature...?

Rick,

Mrs. White is exceedingly clear on this point. Her clarity is beyond dispute. Please oblige me in taking a look at a few of her statements.

God is our leader, not man.
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
. . . God's people are to be under Him and Him alone. There is one Shepherd, and he has one flock. The Lord knows the future. He is the one to be looked to and trusted in to guide and guard and direct in the future development of the various branches of His work. {SpM 366.5}

For several years I have been warned that there is danger, constant danger of men looking to men for permission to do this or that, instead of looking to God for themselves. Thus they become weaklings, bound about with human ties that God has not ordained. The Lord can impress minds and consciences to do His work under bonds to him, and in a brotherly fraternity that will be in accordance with his law. {SpM 366.6}

Signing Agreements with the Church
(This is a little longer, but is very good. If you're short on time, read the parts I've bolded...though I'll admit to having wanted to bold more of it!)
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
A copy of the proposed agreement between the Medical Association and those establishing branch sanitariums, was read to me by Sister Druillard. A few day afterward I was praying, a scene passed before me representing the unfavorable results of the transactions that would follow the signing of this agreement. Other scenes also passed before me similar to those presented to me when I was at Summer Hill, a few weeks before our return to America. At that time representations of movements in America passed before me. I saw agreements drawn up for presentation to our people. In these agreements there were terms and conditions that should not be accepted. On no account should our brethren bind themselves by agreeing to such propositions. I was instructed that we know but little of what is before us, and that God forbids us to bind ourselves by contracts in order to secure means. {SpM 367.2}

I was instructed to tell Brother Caro and Sharp that propositions would come to them containing conditions that they were not to accept or endorse. I saw a paper unrolled before these brethren, and one of dignity arose and said, "Put not your name to any writing that binds you to do or refrain from doing certain things in business lines. It is not God's plan that you should sign such agreements. This document is of man's production. That which will take place in the future you know not. God says, I will turn and overturn. For you to sign an agreement saying what you will do and what you will not do in the future is not in God's order. He who knows the end from the beginning understands what is in man's heart, and what are the dangers of the men to whom God has entrusted great responsibilities. {SpM 367.3}

Man is not to assume more than God has given him. If he walks humbly with God, the good hand of the Lord will be with him. If he yields to his ambition to carry out a work of his own, according to his own plans, a work in which he is benevolent where he chooses to be benevolent, and selfish where he chooses to be selfish, a condition of things will be brought in that will dishonor God and his truth. Oppression will come in. Human power will be exercised in accordance with the terms of the agreements made and signed in the past, agreements deemed essential to protect the interest of the health food business and to give the sanitarium work financial security and support. {SpM 367.4}

I have been instructed that rules and regulations are being brought in that God does not approve. The Lord forbids the signing of the agreements that have been prepared for our sanitariums in America and in other countries. It is not his will that every sanitarium and bath-house established by our people shall be brought under one control. {SpM 368.1}

Those who seek to bind up the work in distant fields with the work at Battle Creek, by means of these agreements, are assuming too much responsibility. They must not take to themselves power that God has not given them. They must not place themselves where the people will look to them instead of looking to God. {SpM 368.2}

Christ did not follow any human model. He says to his servants, Break every yoke that men may seek to bind upon you. Do not accept any yoke that will hinder your present or future movements in my service. Stand free. Take only my yoke. When you are yoked up with me, my words will make their impress upon your characters. {SpM 368.3}

All of the plans formulated for our people will need to be thoroughly and carefully examined. No threads of human devising are to be drawn into the web. Unless we watch and pray diligently, the enemy will come in to spoil the pattern. Ambition must not lead us to embrace too much in our plans. {SpM 368.4}

Too much power is invested in humanity when matters are so arranged that one man or a small group of men have it in their power to rule or ruin the work of their fellow laborers. In the erection of medical institutions and the development of their work there is not to be a ruling kingly power as there has been in the past. The kingly power formerly exhibited in the General Conference is not to be perpetuated. The publishing work is not to be a kingdom of itself. It is essential that the principles that govern in General Conference affairs should be maintained in the management of the publishing work and the sanitarium work. No one is to think that the branch of work with which he is connected is of vastly more importance than other branches. {SpM 368.5}

The division of the General Conference into district union conferences was God's arrangement. In the work of the Lord for these last days there are to be no Jerusalem centers, no kingly power; and the work in the different countries is not to be tied up by contracts to the work centering in Battle Creek; for this is not God's plan. Brethren are to counsel together; for we are just as much under the control of God in one part of his vineyard as in another. Brethren are to be one in heart and soul, even as Christ and the Father are one. Teach this, practice this, that we may be with Christ in God, all working to build up one another. {SpM 368.6}

Educational work must be faithfully done in every sanitarium that is established. There is necessity for the managers of every institution to become more and more intelligent regarding their work. They need not depend on the managers of another institution for their work. They need not depend on the managers of another institution for guidance, but looking to God as their instructor they are to go forward in faithful, intelligent service, constantly developing greater talents and capabilities. {SpM 369.1}

God calls upon men and women to look to him, that they may receive light and power and knowledge. He will not be glorified in our subscribing to rules and agreements and contracts binding one institution to follow the guidance of another institution thousands of miles away. It ought to have been foreseen that if we desire God to guide minds, these minds must not be bound by human regulations. {SpM 369.2}

There is need of loyalty to principle. But a pledge from one who does not feel the need of obeying the word of the Lord is valueless. The placing of signatures to documents will not insure honesty, neither will it insure the exercise of justice, mercy, and the love of God. {SpM 369.3}

The Lord would have the restraints broken that keep his work bound about by the wisdom of men. Those who unite with Christ are not to accept yokes which will prove a hindrance to them in their work with him. He says, "Come unto me. . . and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. The true and living God is to be exalted. All nations are to hear the proclamation of the gospel message. {SpM 369.4}

That statement, I believe, also applies to the recent General Conference decisions relative to the compliance policy. Understanding God's viewpoint on the issue should be very meaningful to every Adventist right now.

"Men place restrictions on their fellow-workers in order that they may reach certain ends; but by making it necessary for others to come exactly to their terms, they may bind about a work which God has declared must advance." -- Ellen White, 1900.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: A Proposed Change to Our 28 Fundamental Beliefs [Re: Rick H] #187717
10/30/18 10:03 PM
10/30/18 10:03 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Rick H

Is that why man is doing his own writing?

Re: A Proposed Change to Our 28 Fundamental Beliefs [Re: Charity] #187724
11/01/18 12:15 PM
11/01/18 12:15 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
There were actually some significant changes to the Fundamental Beliefs at the last GC in San Antonio. I'll start a thread that is not focused on that but will cover one of them.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!