HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188190
01/05/19 03:30 AM
01/05/19 03:30 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Nadi
The term "probation" indicates a time period where one proves commitment....Our entire obligation is to Accept Jesus....

Exactly.
Yes, it's all in accepting Jesus.
Probation is a time period in which it is revealed whether or not we are committed to Jesus and allowing His Holy Spirit to lead us and work in us.

He is the vine, we are the branches, if we are not attached we will not bear fruit.
Thus yes, the fruit reveals if we are attached or not.

And yes, God knows all things, but this earth's exhibition of sin and its results isn't allowed to exist to prove anything to God, but to prove to us that sin is evil, ruinous, destructive while God's ways are good, uplifting, wholesome. Likewise, the investigative judgment doesn't prove anything to God, but is systematically put in place to prove to God's creation, that His judgment is just.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: dedication] #188194
01/05/19 11:53 AM
01/05/19 11:53 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Originally Posted By: Charity
For example, the Lord has been speaking for the last 160 plus years to the church that we don't understand the books of Daniel and Revelation as we should, that they do indeed apply preeminently to the end. How many will be able to be sanctified in the truth contained in them if they remain in willful ignorance

That may very well be true.
Yet, as long as people are looking primarily for identification of time and events they will not gain any deeper understanding of the sanctifying truth in these books.
You're right, the majority of those applying the prophecies to the future are missing the point, but in general I haven't seen a willingness here or among conservative Adventists with the exception of David Gates and a few others to come to a correct understanding of what these books actually teach and "keep the things that are written therein". Bare with me Dedication while I give you one more evidence:

Above you said that in your teens there was a false excitement about last day events in 1964 that caused you and your friends unfounded fear that the world would end and you wouldn't be able to marry and have your own families. Contrast your selfish fears with the reaction of the early Adventist youth who were filled with love and hope at the thought of Christ's near return and for the rest of their lives looked back on those days with a grateful reverence as being their best and brightest. Ask yourself if anything has changed since your youth that would make you any more ready for the real midnight cry so that now you would gladly welcome it.

Above I posted a short list of the elements we should be looking for to identify the true midnight cry. One of those is "the time is at hand, repent and believe the gospel." There will be an urgency to the message but no specific date. How can there be any urgency to any message if something is not imminent? Christ ends His Revelation message to us with this direct statement: "Behold I come quickly". And if this is the message of Gates how well is it going to be received if our youth are being couched as you were that this is just another false excitement and that they should marry and have families (and as a fringe benefit you can perhaps enjoy your grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren.) If Christ could have come by the mid to late 1850's do you not think he could have come in 1964?

God is faithful. He has in my opinion given every passing generation of Adventists the opportunity to be co-laborers with him and welcome his return. In the four generations since 1844 there has not been a single generation that has responded in faith and in love. I'm convicted that the fifth generation will say "Yes!", but it will be a remnant.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Nadi] #188195
01/05/19 07:28 PM
01/05/19 07:28 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
The first part of Revelation seems to reference the sanctuary. Was there a "probation" time during the Jewish year of the sanctuary service?

While I agree that at death there is no more opportunity to make any choices, I think the opportunity to choose Jesus will remain open until His actual appearing in the heavens. It doesn't "close" at the time of trouble, or the Sunday law, or "after the mark of the beast is implemented," or any other such arbitrary event

‘But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be".
Matthew 24:37

In Genesis 7, God commands Noah to take his family into the ark.
Genesis 7:16 "And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in."

The rain does not come for seven days after God closes the door.

For seven days before the flood, salvation was impossible for those not already sealed safely inside of the ark. It seems rather "arbitrary"; however, God always has His reasons, even if we do not understand them.

Consider the parable of the Ten virgins in Matthew 25. Five of the virgins had no oil in their lamps.

Matthew 25:10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut."

The foolish virgins could not be saved, even though the bridegroom had not yet come, because they had not prepared themselves beforehand. It seems that the opportunity for salvation does not continue up until the day Jesus appears. As in Noah’s day, we see that God closes the door, in advance.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Charity] #188196
01/05/19 10:01 PM
01/05/19 10:01 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: His child

You're saying the judgment of the living began in February or March of 2013 right?

No. The time allotted to judge the dead and the living ended 14 February 2013.

And, tell me if I understood you, you're saying after the end of the judgment of the living the 144,000 are sealed?

Yes. They cannot be sealed if they have not been judged worthy.

Bare with me; I'd like to understand what you're saying. You're saying the judgment of the living ended Feb. 14, 2013 and the sealing of the 144,000 began then, right. Have a look at chapter 28 of the GC, Facing Life's Record. As I understand it, once our cases are judged our probation is over. The judgment of the living and the sealing are concurrent. What's your thinking? How can the sealing take place afterward?

Charity,

I understand your perplexity. But God cannot seal His 144,000 people with the Holy Spirit any more than Christ can come with His rewards until they have been judged. And Judgment begins at the House of God.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: dedication] #188198
01/05/19 10:40 PM
01/05/19 10:40 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Getting ready for the "bride groom" is NOT based on any time speculation.

To say people have already been judged and sealed some years back, is to say probation is over.
It is not.
To present that as "the message" is a message of utter discouragement, not a message to prepare and come in full trust and commitment to Christ. What it is saying is -- its too late, if you haven't turned to God, forget about it, the sealing and judgment is over. That is sooo wrong -- The Lord has not yet closed His heavenly work, and to say He has is playing god and slamming a pretend door shut while God holds still holds the door of salvation open, pleading for all to come.
I fully believe there will be a lot of people who will yet respond -- yes, even among Adventists who have been held back for various reasons, will throw aside all restraints and give themselves fully to Christ.

All this date setting is -- according to EGW -- WRONG.

Yes, Christ's coming is at the door, but we do NOT know the day or year when the last outpouring of the Holy Spirit occurs, when the judgment ceases, when probation closes or when Christ comes.

Basically -- I find all this speculation on times and dates DEFEATS the real message. It's all about arousing EXCITMENT and EMOTION, not about committing ourselves to serve the Lord.

Quote:
Should we advance in spiritual knowledge, we would see the truth developing and expanding in lines of which we have little dreamed, but it will never develop in any line that will lead us to imagine that we may know the times and the seasons which the Father hath put in His own power. Again and again have I been warned in regard to time setting. There will never again be a message for the people of God that will be based on time. We are not to know the definite time either for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit or for the coming of Christ. {1SM 188.1}

The Lord showed me that the message must go, and that it must not be hung on time; for time will never be a test again. I saw that some were getting a false excitement, arising from preaching time, that the third angel's message can stand on its own foundation, and that it needs not time to strengthen it, and that it will go with mighty power, and do its work, and will be cut short in righteousness. {1SM 188.3}
"I saw some were making everything bend to this next fall; that is, making their calculations, and disposing of their property in reference to that time. I saw that this was wrong for this reason: instead of going to God daily, and earnestly desiring to know their present duty, they looked ahead, and made their calculations as though they knew that the work would end this fall, without inquiring their duty of God daily.--E. G. White.

dedication,
Two things that you overlook are Sister White's meaning of the use of TIME. When you revisit her writings and focus on the meaning of Time, Prophetic time, and definite time, you will see that in context she is ALWAYS putting it in the context of Christ's Advent. Brother David Gates recently came to the same conclusion (you could watch his video)

In the first quote you appear to make an assumption "the seasons which the Father hath put in His own power. Again and again have I been warned in regard to time setting. There will never again be a message for the people of God that will be based on time. We are not to know the definite time either for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit or for the coming of Christ." {1SM 188.1}

The book of Revelation is not mystical, its times are definite and the Father gave them to Jesus to give to His servant so that we might know What the Father wants us to know.

Your second quotation would be better understood if the meaning of time as EGW used it were understood correctly: "The Lord showed me that the message must go, and that it must not be hung on time [THE DEFINITE TIME OF CHRIST'S ADVENT]; for time [OF CHRIT'S SECOND COMING] will never be a test again. I saw that some were getting a false excitement, arising from preaching time [OFR CHRIST'S ADVENT], that the third angel's message can stand on its own foundation, and that it needs not time [OF CHRIST'S ADVENT] to strengthen it, and that it will go with mighty power, and do its work, and will be cut short in righteousness. {1SM 188.3}

The third quotation warning about being deceived about the autumn of 1851 is out of context now that we are in 2019.

I hope that you will be diligent in presenting some evidence in its proper context so that we can see truth.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Nadi] #188199
01/05/19 10:46 PM
01/05/19 10:46 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Perhaps consider an alternative view that there does not exist a "probation," as neither this word nor concept is to be found in Scripture.

Call it what you like. The concept that there is a day of Atonement on the 10 day of the 7th Jewish month established a principle that God would have us to recognize as He intended.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: kland] #188200
01/05/19 10:54 PM
01/05/19 10:54 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
From Monday's lesson:

Revelation’s end-time prophecies are not revealed to satisfy our obsessive curiosity about the future. The book reveals only those aspects of the future important for us to know. They are disclosed to impress upon us the seriousness of what will happen so that we will realize our dependence on God and, in that dependence, obey Him.

For centuries, speculation - and even more sensationalism - has accompanied so much of the teaching regarding end-time events. Fortunes have been made by those who, predicting the immediate end, have scared people into giving money to their ministry because, well, the end was near. Each time, though, the end didn’t come, and people were left disillusioned and discouraged. As with all the good things God has given us, prophecy can be misused, and misinterpreted, as well.

Hmmm....

There is nothing new under the sun...

"I knew their only object was to mangle the visions, spiritualize away their literal meaning, and throw a satanic influence upon me, and call it the power of God. Sr. M. addressed me, urging me to relate the visions. I respected her, but knew she was deceived in regard to that company. I refused to relate my vision to them, only that part which related to them. We told them we had no fellowship for their spirit, and in the name of God would resist it. They flattered; but it had no effect. Then they tried to terrify me, commanding me. They said it was my duty to tell them the visions. I faithfully warned those whom I believed to be honest, and begged them to renounce their errors, and leave the company that was leading them astray. I left them, free from their influence and spirit. A portion of that company in a few weeks were left to run into the basest fanaticism." {2SG 73.1}

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188201
01/05/19 11:04 PM
01/05/19 11:04 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: His child
Call it what you like. The concept that there is a day of Atonement on the 10 day of the 7th Jewish month established a principle that God would have us to recognize as He intended.

Whether or not "there is a day of Atonement on the 10 day of the 7th Jewish month" has no bearing on a probation or close of probation. If you see a connection you will have to spell it out for me.

And if there is "a principle that God would have us to recognize as He intended." you will have to spell that one out too.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: ProdigalOne] #188202
01/05/19 11:06 PM
01/05/19 11:06 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
The first part of Revelation seems to reference the sanctuary. Was there a "probation" time during the Jewish year of the sanctuary service?

While I agree that at death there is no more opportunity to make any choices, I think the opportunity to choose Jesus will remain open until His actual appearing in the heavens. It doesn't "close" at the time of trouble, or the Sunday law, or "after the mark of the beast is implemented," or any other such arbitrary event

‘But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be".
Matthew 24:37

In Genesis 7, God commands Noah to take his family into the ark.
Genesis 7:16 "And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in."

The rain does not come for seven days after God closes the door.

For seven days before the flood, salvation was impossible for those not already sealed safely inside of the ark. It seems rather "arbitrary"; however, God always has His reasons, even if we do not understand them.

Consider the parable of the Ten virgins in Matthew 25. Five of the virgins had no oil in their lamps.

Matthew 25:10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut."

The foolish virgins could not be saved, even though the bridegroom had not yet come, because they had not prepared themselves beforehand. It seems that the opportunity for salvation does not continue up until the day Jesus appears. As in Noah’s day, we see that God closes the door, in advance.

It does not take a genius to see that as it was in Noah's day, we are having floods where there never where floods before.

As it was in Lot's day, sexual perversion has entered the Church that claims to go back to the day of Christ and even America has accepted it as the law of the land: Remember Lot.

The loudcry is sounding. And some of the virgins are waking.

There is a trump sounding. Michael is ready to stand for his people, And Michael will stand for His people.

It is all coming together. The wise will understand and the foolish will only understand when it is too late.

If you have not checked out my website, please do so.
You tube just told me that my play list that has been dormant for 9 years has just come to life with 25 subscriptions in the last week.

Quote:
Those who eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of God will bring from the books of Daniel and Revelation truth that is inspired by the Holy Spirit. They will start into action forces that cannot be repressed. RH, August 17, 1897 par. 19

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188203
01/05/19 11:36 PM
01/05/19 11:36 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Here is a video from David Gates that is worthy of your consideration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmQUOOQk9r4

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!