HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
The Astonishing Doctrine of God: #189103
04/12/19 09:59 AM
04/12/19 09:59 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I came across this in one of the forums and searched to see where it came from, and doesn't show up anywhere except the poster, but it seems to be from a sincere brother. See what it says...

'The Astonishing Doctrine of God:

Matthew 7:28 KJV - And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

Luke 4:32 KJV - And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

Mark 11:18 KJV - And the scribes and chief priests heard [it], and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.

1 Timothy 4:6 KJV - If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

Titus 2:10 KJV - Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

How can we too have this, where people will simply be astonished at the Doctrine of our God, in whom we believe?

We must "adorn" it, not merely speak about, think about, preach about it, or point to examples of it [though all good things].

Is it enough to say I believe and not as the just, which live by faith, even the faith of the Son of God, Jesus Christ? No. Never.

If we truly believed as Jesus, and preached as Jesus, lived as Jesus ["adorn", put on Him, His works], by the Holy Spirit, the whole wicked world would tremble and fear, for there would be manifest on earth a second witness to the power of God to overcome temptation and thus also every sin, in the here and now, even in the very Body of Christ...

Jesus, the Head, was the first witness, and the world will not long stand to listen or bear such, but it will produce the effect necessary and then Jesus will come...

Every Doctrine should be connected with the Plan of Salvation/Redemption.

"The central theme of the Bible, the theme about which every other in the whole book clusters, is the redemption plan, the restoration in the human soul of the image of God. From the first intimation of hope in the sentence pronounced in Eden to that last glorious promise of the Revelation, They shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads (Revelation 22:4), the burden of every book and every passage of the Bible is the unfolding of this wondrous theme, man's uplifting, the power of God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57. ... - Education, p. 125-126 - http://text.egwwritings.org/publicat...pagenumber=125

Therefore, since the burden of every book and every passage of the Bible is the unfolding of this wondrous theme, being the redemption plan which is the restoration in& the human soul of the image of God, then this means that every single Doctrine/Practice of which Jesus taught/did also bears this same burden.

Listen to the words of Jesus, who truly was God with us [Matthew 1:23, etc], and God manifest in the flesh [1 Timothy 3:16], for He was born of the Spirit [John 3:6; see also Luke 1:35], yea, born of God, and Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. [1 John 3:9], For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. [1 John 5:4], We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. [1 John 5:18]

Therefore, it is not enough to speak of doctrines in and of themselves, important as they are, but they, as we, must be connected to the vine, they must be connected to Jesus Christ Himself, otherwise they will be without power, with saving Life.

If we talk about any doctrine apart from Christ and the plan of redemption it becomes of little use and loses all of its convincing power, and if we talk about the power of the Everlasting Gospel apart from Him we make that which is to be vibrant, dry, and so please allow me some time to share, that all may gain something most precious here, and then, once this step is accomplished, there is one more step to take, and it is to move beyond the mere preaching of it, to the actual demonstration of in each of our lives, as Christ also did.

The time to awake to Righteousness [even that Righteousness by faith, the faith of Jesus] is now...

... The officers who were sent to take Jesus reported that never man spake like this man. But the reason of this was that never man lived like this man; for if he had not so lived, he could not so have spoken. His words bore with them a convincing power, because they came from a heart pure and holy, full of love and sympathy, beneficence and truth. There is eloquence beyond that of words, in the quiet, consistent life of a pure, true Christian. We shall have temptations as long as we are in this world, but instead of injuring us, they will only turn to our advantage, if resisted. The bounds are placed where Satan cannot pass. He may prepare the furnace, but instead of working injury, it will only consume the dross, and bring forth the gold of the character, purer than before the trial. ... - Gospel Workers 1892, Page 244 - http://text.egwwritings.org/publicat...pagenumber=244

Jesus said,

John 5:39 KJV - Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Proverbs 40:7 KJV - Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

Hebrews 10:7 KJV - Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Luke 24:27 KJV - And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Every single doctrine points to Christ, and the burden of every single doctrine is the redemption plan, even as it was Jesus own burden.

Let us look at some examples, and begin with the Everlasting Gospel itself, and do we present it selfishly or unselfishly, for merely our own benefit, or for God's own joy?

...Those who think of the result of hastening or hindering the gospel think of it in relation to themselves and to the world. Few think of its relation to God. Few give thought to the suffering that sin has caused our Creator. All heaven suffered in Christ’s agony; but that suffering did not begin or end with His manifestation in humanity. The cross is a revelation to our dull senses of the pain that, from its very inception, sin has brought to the heart of God. Every departure from the right, every deed of cruelty, every failure of humanity to reach His ideal, brings grief to Him. When there came upon Israel the calamities that were the sure result of separation from God, subjugation by their enemies, cruelty, and death, it is said that His soul was grieved for the misery of Israel. In all their affliction He was afflicted: ... and He bare them, and carried them all the days of old. Judges 10:16; Isaiah 63:9. ... - Education, p. 263.1 - http://text.egwwritings.org/publication....;pagenumber=263

Woe unto us, if we have not understood the Heart of God in this, if we have missed the true importance, which is to say what is upon the heart of God, His burden for the salvation/redemption of lost men.

For what Jesus taught and lived, He received from His Father, that we might know the Father in Christ Jesus, for it was from the very Bosom of the Father that Jesus Christ was sent from to tell us, show us, demonstrate and example for us.

John 7:16 KJV - Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

I am sorry Father... I have not recognized your heart, my sympathy was not with you in your suffering, in your burden for the salvation of souls, in the living out your will... help, that we may do the will of our Father with understanding of the heart of our God and Father in Heaven...

It is written:

Daniel 12:3 KJV - And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Daniel 12:10 KJV - Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Who then are the wise, and what do they understand? Those who understand that it is all connected to the salvation/redemption of men, in Christ Jesus, the very understanding the burden of the Heart of the Father in Heaven.

Proverbs 14:2 KJV - The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

Proverbs 11:30 KJV - The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Jeremiah 24:7 KJV - And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

John 17:3 KJV - And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Therefore, let us demonstrate the doctrines in the plan of Redemption and how they must be connected to Jesus Christ, and then lived consistently, and see the Salvation of the LORD. For He shall be lifted up as you have never before seen, and such a light shall attend that it will even open the eyes of the blind, and cause to stand those that are fallen down, and heal the broken hearted, and cause the water to flow and fall where there was only dry blasted desert and break up the fallow ground, and cause to melt the hardened heart, but it will only do so to those with Faith, and so believe...

...there are even many now which can expound every point of doctrine, and know the prophecies, and yet have missed their connection to Jesus Christ and so be lost, they can preach very excellent, and yet their life was not sanctified by that Truth which is preached...

...open your Bibles, and pray as you have never before.

Prove all things, hold fast to Him who is good....

Last edited by Rick H; 04/12/19 10:25 AM.
Re: The Astonishing Doctrine of God: [Re: Rick H] #189106
04/12/19 01:18 PM
04/12/19 01:18 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Christ's Revelation of God

All that man needs to know or can know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son. {8T 286.1}

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only-begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him." John 1:18. {8T 286.2}

Taking humanity upon Him, Christ came to be one with humanity and at the same time to reveal our heavenly Father to sinful human beings. He was in all things made like unto His brethren. He became flesh, even as we are. He was hungry and thirsty and weary. He was sustained by food and refreshed by sleep. He shared the lot of men, and yet He was the blameless Son of God. He was a stranger and sojourner on the earth--in the world, but not of the world; tempted and tried as men and women today are tempted and tried, yet living a life free from sin. {8T 286.3}

Tender, compassionate, sympathetic, ever considerate of others, He represented the character of God, and was constantly engaged in service for God and man. {8T 286.4}

"The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, . . . full of grace and truth." Verse 14. {8T 286.5}

"Unto the men whom Thou gavest Me out of the world,'' He said, "I manifested Thy name," "that the love wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them." John 17:6, A. R. V., John 17:26. {8T 286.6}

"Love your enemies," He bade them; "bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven;" "for He is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." "He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." "Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." Matthew 5:44-45; Luke 6:35-36. {8T 286.7}

Christ revealed all of God that sinful human beings could bear without being destroyed. He is the divine Teacher, the Enlightener. Had He thought us in need of revelations other than those made in His Word, He would have given them. {Ms124-1903}

We have only one perfect photograph of God, and this is Jesus Christ. {Ms70-1899}

Satan charged God with possessing the attributes that he himself possessed. [you know what those are, right?] Christ came to this world to reveal God's character as it really is. He is the perfect representation of the Father. His life of sinlessness, lived on this earth in human nature, is a complete refutation of Satan's charge against the character of God. {BTS, October 1, 1902 par. 2}

Christ spoke with authority. Every truth essential for the people to know He proclaimed with the unfaltering assurance of certain knowledge. He uttered nothing fanciful or sentimental. He presented no sophistries, no human opinions. No idle tales, no false theories clothed in beautiful language, came from His lips. The statements that He made were truths established by personal knowledge. He foresaw the delusive doctrines that would fill the world, but He did not unfold them. In His teachings He dwelt upon the unchangeable principles of God's word. He magnified the simple, practical truths that the common people could understand and bring into the daily experience. {8T 201.2}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: The Astonishing Doctrine of God: [Re: Rick H] #189114
04/12/19 04:46 PM
04/12/19 04:46 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Quote:
If we truly believed as Jesus, and preached as Jesus, lived as Jesus ["adorn", put on Him, His works], by the Holy Spirit, the whole wicked world would tremble and fear . . .

Hmmm . . . not so sure. During the "mark of the beast" crisis, yes, I can see people rejecting such a witness and testimony as unbiblical. But right now? Right now it seems like people very much appreciate a kind and loving and caring Christian neighbor.

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!