HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. #189116
04/13/19 12:19 PM
04/13/19 12:19 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
especially to Christians. The scientist are absolutely beside themselves after the pictures came in of the 'Black Hole'. Take a look...

"Black hole picture could unlock new era in astronomy.

When the first-ever direct picture of a black hole was unveiled Wednesday, scientists around the world were almost giddy over finally getting a chance to see one of the most mysterious objects in the universe.

“A once-in-a-lifetime result,” exulted Shep Doeleman, director of the Event Horizon Telescope, the international team of scientists who created the image using a network of radio telescopes linked together to form a single, Earth-size observatory.

“I couldn’t imagine that I’d live to see a telescopic image of a black hole,” said Jean-Pierre Luminet of the French National Center for Scientific Research, who created the first visualization of a black hole in 1979. Yale astronomer Priya Natarajan was more succinct. “My first reaction on seeing the image was: Wow!”

The remarkable snapshot shows a monster black hole 55 million light-years from Earth in the neighboring galaxy M87. https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/black-hole-picture-could-unlock-new-era-astronomy-ncna993531

A black hole forms when the center of a very massive star collapses in upon itself. This collapse also causes a supernova, or an exploding star, that blasts part of the star into space.

So I was looking at all the news on it when I came across a video where the scientist admitted they didn't know how the universe worked and all they could do was come up with ideas or theory's on what was happening. But what really caught my ear was a scientist admitting there is energy pouring into the universe forming it, and this was in the context of not knowing. Elements of galaxies such as stars (or suns) were being push around and forming faster than they had calculated according to their theories, while other parts were moving 'normally'. There were extreme star-forming galaxies in the universe, according to them, the so-called "dusty star-forming galaxies."

Unknown energy pouring into the universe driving its formation, imagine that...

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189123
04/14/19 05:16 AM
04/14/19 05:16 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Makes me hungry for donuts.

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189126
04/14/19 02:32 PM
04/14/19 02:32 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Isn't there also a Black Hole in Orion?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189187
04/24/19 11:09 AM
04/24/19 11:09 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Rick H
especially to Christians. The scientist are absolutely beside themselves after the pictures came in of the 'Black Hole'. Take a look...

"Black hole picture could unlock new era in astronomy.

When the first-ever direct picture of a black hole was unveiled Wednesday, scientists around the world were almost giddy over finally getting a chance to see one of the most mysterious objects in the universe.

“A once-in-a-lifetime result,” exulted Shep Doeleman, director of the Event Horizon Telescope, the international team of scientists who created the image using a network of radio telescopes linked together to form a single, Earth-size observatory.

“I couldn’t imagine that I’d live to see a telescopic image of a black hole,” said Jean-Pierre Luminet of the French National Center for Scientific Research, who created the first visualization of a black hole in 1979. Yale astronomer Priya Natarajan was more succinct. “My first reaction on seeing the image was: Wow!”

The remarkable snapshot shows a monster black hole 55 million light-years from Earth in the neighboring galaxy M87. https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/black-hole-picture-could-unlock-new-era-astronomy-ncna993531

A black hole forms when the center of a very massive star collapses in upon itself. This collapse also causes a supernova, or an exploding star, that blasts part of the star into space.

So I was looking at all the news on it when I came across a video where the scientist admitted they didn't know how the universe worked and all they could do was come up with ideas or theory's on what was happening. But what really caught my ear was a scientist admitting there is energy pouring into the universe forming it, and this was in the context of not knowing. Elements of galaxies such as stars (or suns) were being push around and forming faster than they had calculated according to their theories, while other parts were moving 'normally'. There were extreme star-forming galaxies in the universe, according to them, the so-called "dusty star-forming galaxies."

Unknown energy pouring into the universe driving its formation, imagine that...

About the formation of black holes, scientists are like little children: they tell fairy tales to each other with straight faces.

Look closely at the literature and you would see that Einstein's Theory of Relativity predicted black holes and their widths. This attempt to picture one was to establish the validity of their existence by measuring its diameter and comparing it to the proposed theoretical model. In short, like the stars, scientists are themselves wandering through the darkness, every once in a while sending out sonars and radars, trying hard to figure out where they are. But they do like to pretend that they know when they speak to the less informed.

More importantly however, if indeed this black hole were 55 million light years away, then what of Genesis 1 being just 6,000 years ago? Therein lies the significance of the science behind the taking of the picture. It has been shown that the universe is vast and it takes millions of years for even light to cross these "short distances". We are seeing that black hole as it was 55 million years ago.

So much for Genesis 1, or is it ....?

///

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189207
04/26/19 10:11 PM
04/26/19 10:11 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
The heavens and earth in Genesis 1 - who says that was only 6,000 years ago?

Quote:
Genesis 1:2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
Before the first day of creation on this earth, the third ball from the sun, commonly called Earth, was already previously in existence.

If the earth was already in existence, one would expect the rest of the cosmos were already in existence, too. Life on our earth was guessed/calculated from the Bible to be approximately 6,000 years ago. But there was earth with water on it prior to that first creation day.

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: kland] #189208
04/26/19 11:04 PM
04/26/19 11:04 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland

Quote:
Genesis 1:2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
Before the first day of creation on this earth, the third ball from the sun, commonly called Earth, was already previously in existence.

If the earth was already in existence, one would expect the rest of the cosmos were already in existence, too. Life on our earth was guessed/calculated from the Bible to be approximately 6,000 years ago. But there was earth with water on it prior to that first creation day.

Lots of folks, for instance: many SDA.

///

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189215
04/27/19 10:06 PM
04/27/19 10:06 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
When it comes to things in outer space, human knowledge is very limited.

Yes, what is the significance of "black holes" in space?
How does it relate to the Genesis account and other scripture?

A good question --
Originally Posted By: James P.
Originally Posted By: Kland
Lots of folks, for instnace many SDA

I agree with Kland that the Genesis account has the earth PRESENT, though without form and engulfed in water, BEFORE the first day of creation.
How long it was in that inhabitable state before the six day creation isn't known.
If some Christians as well as some SDA's say the whole universe was created in those six days, (and some do say that) yet that does not prove it was.

They most certainly do not get that understanding from EGW. She has considerable to say of events that happened BEFORE the six day creation in a place called heaven. She speaks of unfallen worlds that would not understand if the rebellion was extinguished back then (before the six day creation). So any SDA's that believe the whole universe was created in those six days must have borrowed that concept from somewhere else.

But another consideration --

Time -- while this earth is limited to time, God is not limited to time, He is EVER PRESENT.

When He created this earth-- there were trees which suddenly appeared on the third day? How many growth rings did these full grown trees have?
It's quite possible they were created with multiple growth rings already present on that third day.

The same with "light". It's possible that on fourth day, God made light travel instantly from far off galaxies to this earth just by the word of His mouth.

The fact is -- we do not know

A bigger question -- one that Kland and I discussed some time ago already without resolving anything -- is --

Since Genesis tells us God created everything GOOD and PERFECT, why is there chaos in universe.
Or is that chaos part of the fairy tales scientists tell?
I don't know.

I do know,that on the one hand, there is incredible order in the universe, but mixed in with that are things that do not fit our concept of a perfect

Why would things cave in on themselves and leave a deadly black hole?
Why do some galaxies crash

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: dedication] #189217
04/28/19 12:36 AM
04/28/19 12:36 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
They most certainly do not get that understanding from EGW. She has considerable to say of events that happened BEFORE the six day creation in a place called heaven. She speaks of unfallen worlds that would not understand if the rebellion was extinguished back then (before the six day creation).

Rev. 22:18-19

///

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189218
04/28/19 01:57 AM
04/28/19 01:57 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
What does that text have to do with "black holes" or whether the heavens and universe were created in those six days of creation?
Originally Posted By: James P.

Originally Posted By: Kland

Lots of folks, for instance many SDA

They most certainly do not get that understanding from EGW..... So any SDA's that believe the whole universe was created in those six days must have borrowed that concept from somewhere else.....the Genesis account has the earth PRESENT, though without form and engulfed in water, BEFORE the first day of creation.

The question was "who says .....
you said SDA's
I clarified it did not come from EGW, if some SDA's say that, they got it from somewhere else.
So WHO SAYS it? And what proof do they have?

ARe you a believer that the whole universe was created in those six days? But even if that is your belief why would you resent a clarification that such a belief did not originate in Adventism????

Why not deal with the subject of the thread -- which is?
significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space.
Though it's not really a subject directly addressed anywhere in the book of Revelation. But I don't think the text you quoted means we can't talk about anything else except what is in the book of Revelation.

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189219
04/28/19 02:48 AM
04/28/19 02:48 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Why not deal with the subject of the thread -- which is?
significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space.

I dealt with the subject. Here is what I said:

"Therein lies the significance of the science behind the taking of the picture. It has been shown that the universe is vast and it takes millions of years for even light to cross these "short distances". We are seeing that black hole as it was 55 million years ago."

///

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: dedication] #189223
04/29/19 03:47 PM
04/29/19 03:47 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
It appears that James is using distraction tactics and no longer wishes to participate in the discussion.

A bigger question -- one that Kland and I discussed some time ago already without resolving anything -- is --

Since Genesis tells us God created everything GOOD and PERFECT, why is there chaos in universe.
Or is that chaos part of the fairy tales scientists tell?
I don't know.

I do know,that on the one hand, there is incredible order in the universe, but mixed in with that are things that do not fit our concept of a perfect

Why would things cave in on themselves and leave a deadly black hole?
Why do some galaxies crash

And I recall Tom saying something along those lines, too.

But perfection is in the eyes of the beholder. Isn't it just so exciting to see planets crashing into one another and blowing up? Fabulous! But then, we are tainted between what is glorious and what is not.

I have since come across something about cellular processes. It's been some time and I don't recall specifically, but I think it had to do with mitochondria. It was a recycling of cell components, not necessarily that they were "bad", but just part of its processes. Parts were reorganized into new parts. Not chaos, but an orchestrated plan.

I thought the link originally had a photo depiction showing jets coming up and down from the hole. The link seems different now. Cannot the black holes be thought of the same way as cellular processes? Matter comes in, is processed, and then is spit back out.

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: kland] #189227
04/30/19 12:53 AM
04/30/19 12:53 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
It appears that James is using distraction tactics and no longer wishes to participate in the discussion.

1. Appearances are can be deceiving. I dealt wonderfully with the subject. Here is what I said:

"Therein lies the significance of the science behind the taking of the picture. It has been shown that the universe is vast and it takes millions of years for even light to cross these "short distances". We are seeing that black hole as it was 55 million years ago."

2. But dedication brought up some extraneous matters about EGW and a dubious history purported to have occurred sometime in the distant past; so naturally, I offered help by way of Rev. 22:18-19

3. The Bible says that "in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Curiously, it goes on to specifically say (WITHOUT DOUBT, UNDOUBTEDLY, UNEQUIVOCALLY AND ALSO PLAINLY -- SO EVEN A FOOL WOULD UNDERSTAND) .... that the heavens were made from the earth. See Gen. 1:6-9

///

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: James Peterson] #189228
04/30/19 04:03 AM
04/30/19 04:03 AM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
But dedication brought up some extraneous matters about EGW and a dubious history purported to have occurred sometime in the distant past; so naturally, I offered help by way of Rev. 22:18-19

ROFL

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: James Peterson] #189229
04/30/19 05:54 AM
04/30/19 05:54 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

[*]Appearances are can be deceiving. I dealt wonderfully with the subject. Here is what I said:

Scientists have already "discovered" long before that picture was taken, that the universe is vast. Scientists have told the world many times that it takes "x" million years for light to travel through various points of the universe. Nothing really new or profound there. Just a new example of something they've been saying for long time already.

So how is your statement so "wonderful", that it seemingly is meant to shut down any intelligent further conversation?

You have not explained what you see so significant about it.

Instead you did shift into "distraction" mode.
Yes, a lot of Adventists believe, that God's heaven as well as other worlds existed BEFORE the six day creation. Just because you can't see it in scripture, doesn't mean its not there, quite plain for those who wish to see.

But what is so significant about light supposedly taking 55 million years to travel --

You made the statement in relation with creation --

Not sure where you are going with that.
But I do know that
God is not limited by any speed of light.
Nor is He boxed into time.
He can create simply by the Word of His mouth.

Psalms 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

He can create a galaxy by the word of His mouth.
He can create the light to see it in a day if He wills for us to see it, He does not depend on its speed of travel for that.

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: dedication] #189230
04/30/19 02:05 PM
04/30/19 02:05 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Just because you can't see it in scripture, doesn't mean its not there, quite plain for those who wish to see.

Sadly, there is much dedication to wishful seeing of Scripture on this forum. Which may contribute to the lack of "intelligent further conversation."

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189233
04/30/19 09:15 PM
04/30/19 09:15 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Are you saying that if I can't see something in scripture, that means absolutely it is not there?

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: dedication] #189236
05/01/19 02:38 PM
05/01/19 02:38 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Just because you can't see it in scripture, doesn't mean its not there, quite plain for those who wish to see.
This is an incredibly self-serving statement and attitude, especially from one who DEMANDS a CLEAR "thus saith the Lord" regarding (among others) the Sabbath/Sunday discussion, yet at the same time preaches the Investigative Judgement, which has a very murky, convoluted, complex, highly contested (even by SDA scholars) support path built from assumptions.

By this criteria Elle (GRHS) holds an accurate view of Scripture---you just don't wish to see it.

Also by this criteria, Henry His Child is also correct in his view of prophecy, Michael Pence, Trump, Obama and all the rest of his trash---you just don't wish to see it.

This also makes the Catholic Church correct in all their theological twists and turns---you just don't wish to see it.

This is the very approach taken by one who comes to Scripture only to support their pre-existing beliefs, not to learn what Scripture is saying. With this attitude, there can NEVER be "intelligent further conversation."

Then to DEMAND a clear "Thus saith the Lord" from their opponents rises no higher than screaming hypocrisy.

Last edited by Nadi; 05/01/19 04:53 PM.

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189239
05/01/19 06:18 PM
05/01/19 06:18 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Quote:
Are you saying that if I can't see something in scripture, that means absolutely it is not there?
Depends on one's glasses.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189241
05/01/19 08:30 PM
05/01/19 08:30 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Nadi, dedication said doesn't mean its not there. Meaning it "could" be there. However you implied that if you don't see it, it's not there. Period. No "could". Just absolutely not.

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: kland] #189243
05/01/19 09:02 PM
05/01/19 09:02 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Nadi, dedication said doesn't mean its not there. Meaning it "could" be there. However you implied that if you don't see it, it's not there. Period. No "could". Just absolutely not.
True (ish)
But that opens the door for all sorts of un-biblical views.

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189244
05/01/19 09:10 PM
05/01/19 09:10 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Isaiah 42:20 Seeing many things, but you observe not; opening the ears, but he hears not.

Matthew 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Daryl] #189245
05/02/19 02:29 AM
05/02/19 02:29 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Daryl

Scientists think there is.
They think The Black Hole is about 200 times as massive as our own sun reports Cornell University Library.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/336341#ixzz5mjLmmrCb

Last edited by dedication; 05/02/19 02:30 AM.
Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: dedication] #189246
05/02/19 12:39 PM
05/02/19 12:39 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: Daryl

Scientists think there is.
They think The Black Hole is about 200 times as massive as our own sun reports Cornell University Library.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/336341#ixzz5mjLmmrCb

Is there anything more recent than that???

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189249
05/02/19 07:21 PM
05/02/19 07:21 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I searched, but since I couldn't find anything, that means absolutely nothing exists more recent.

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: APL] #189251
05/02/19 10:41 PM
05/02/19 10:41 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL
Isaiah 42:20 Seeing many things, but you observe not; opening the ears, but he hears not.

Matthew 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

The sad reality is that, on the other hand, many "not only see many things, but imagine many besides what they see; not only open their eyes wide to hear, but love the sound of strange conspiracies too!"

How do you speak to such: for instance, the Roman Catholics who imagine that Mary is in heaven and must needs be prayed to? Or to Mormons who imagine that the Book of Mormon is another newer Testament of Jesus Christ? Wouldn't you speak to them in parables since they would not be able to handle the truth that they are deep in darkness in their vain imagination?

Originally Posted By: WISDOM
There was once a man who, overcome with disappointment, was walking aimlessly through a cornfield when he happened to look up at the clouds. Then he looked again. He squinted his eyes in disbelief, then in rapturous joy!

One cloud whose bottom was dark in an ominous swirling mass, nevertheless had above that mass the brilliant luminous rays of sunshine shining through. He ran through the field, shouting at the top of his voice, "We shall overcome! We shall overcome! I've found the answer! I've found it!"

The wind blew a little and shortly the cloud dissipated. And darkness fell upon the land. He told the others he had seen a vision; and they all scratched their heads in response.

///

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189446
05/20/19 03:11 PM
05/20/19 03:11 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
This might interest you:

Quote:
@NASAHubble I was wondering where the dark structure recently found via Gaia observations is in relation to the position of Orion as seen from earth. In 1848, it was written that we would one day be looking through the "open space in Orion."

https://www.newsweek.com/huge-hole-ripped-milky-way-1426920

Quote:
Dec. 16, 1848, the Lord gave me a view of the shaking of the powers of the heavens. I saw that when the Lord said "heaven" (in giving the signs recorded by Matthew, Mark and Luke,) he meant heaven, and when he said "earth" he meant earth. The powers of heaven, are the Sun, Moon and Stars: they rule in the heavens. The powers of earth are those who bear rule on the earth. The powers of heaven will be shaken at the voice of God. Then the Sun, Moon, and Stars will be moved out of their places. They will not pass away, but be shaken by the voice of God. {RH, August 1, 1849 par. 19}

Quote:
Dark, heavy clouds came up, and clashed against each other. The atmosphere parted and rolled back, then we could look up through the open space in Orion, from whence came the voice of God. The Holy City will come down through that open space. I saw that the powers of earth are now being shaken, and that events come in order. War, and rumors of war,--sword, famine and pestilence, are first to shake the powers of earth, then the voice of God will shake the Sun, Moon and Stars, and this earth also. I saw that the shaking of the powers in Europe is not (as some teach) the shaking of the powers of heaven, but it is the shaking of the angry nations.

Quote:
On September 14, 2015, LIGO became the first instrument to detect gravitational waves on Earth. When two black holes—each about 30 times more massive than our sun—merged, they generated gravitational waves—ripples in space and time.

https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/news/ligo20160211

Read about that LIGO detection that proves Einstein's theory and Christ's words that the powers of heaven and earth will be shaken. it was not with a earthquake but a we small voice that the prophet heard the voice of God.

Last edited by His child; 05/20/19 03:11 PM.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: Rick H] #189460
05/21/19 05:03 PM
05/21/19 05:03 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Again, does it meet prophecy if no one knows it?

Ya, ya, you will say the ones paying attention. Attention to very sensitive instruments? Attention to the news?

Re: What is the significance of the 'Black Hole' found in space. [Re: kland] #189481
05/22/19 11:11 AM
05/22/19 11:11 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Again, does it meet prophecy if no one knows it?

Ya, ya, you will say the ones paying attention. Attention to very sensitive instruments? Attention to the news?

When modern man thinks that his wisdom is superior to everything else, it is humbling to remember that the foolishness of God is superior to the wisest man.

Quote:
Da 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

I pray for wisdom.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!