HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,956 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: APL] #189340
05/10/19 08:33 PM
05/10/19 08:33 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
Green - Desire of Ages tells clearly, the inevitable results of sin is death, not execution. Sin kills, not God. And the ONLY perfect photograph of the character of God we have is Jesus Christ, which you should believe. The truth about IS THE GOSPEL. It is Good News. Sinner die, but not because God executes them. Satan is the author sin AND ALL ITS RESULTS.

Mark 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, (15) And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent you, and believe the gospel.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
My ministering brethren, talk faith; live the truth. We are bought with a price. We need to present the Word of truth as the sin-destroyer. Maintain simplicity. Talk the faith that works by love and purifies the soul. Love as brethren. Be kind, pitiful, courteous. These words of instruction I have been commissioned to give to you, that you may give them to others.--Letter 188, 1906.

Who is "the Word"?

The Word is the sin-destroyer.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189345
05/10/19 09:59 PM
05/10/19 09:59 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
All that man needs to know or can know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son. {8T 286.1}

We have only one perfect photograph of God, and this is Jesus Christ. In entering into any line of service we need to ask, “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee; O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee.” {Ms70-1899}

Christ came to represent the Father. We behold in him the image of the invisible God. He clothed his divinity with humanity, and came to the world that the erroneous ideas Satan had been the means of creating in the minds of men, in regard to the character of God, might be removed. We could not behold the glory of God unveiled in Christ and live; but as he came in the garb of humanity, we may draw nigh to our Redeemer. We are called upon to behold the Lord our Father in the person of his Son. Christ came in the robe of the flesh, with his glory subdued in humanity, that lost man might communicate with him and live. Through Christ we may comprehend something of him who is glorious in holiness. Jesus is the mystic ladder by which we may mount to behold the glory of the infinite God. By faith we behold Christ standing between humanity and divinity, connecting God and man, and earth and heaven. {ST, January 20, 1890 par. 5}

Sickness, suffering, and death are work of an antagonistic power. Satan is the destroyer; God is the restorer. {MH 113.1}

In the words, "They shall be all taught of God," Jesus referred to the prophecy of Isaiah: "All thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children." Isaiah 54:13. This scripture the Jews appropriated to themselves. It was their boast that God was their teacher. But Jesus showed how vain is this claim; for He said, "Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto Me." Only through Christ could they receive a knowledge of the Father. Humanity could not endure the vision of His glory. Those who had learned of God had been listening to the voice of His Son, and in Jesus of Nazareth they would recognize Him who through nature and revelation has declared the Father. {DA 387.5}

"I am come in My Father's name, and ye receive Me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." Jesus came by the authority of God, bearing His image, fulfilling His word, and seeking His glory; yet He was not accepted by the leaders in Israel; but when others should come, assuming the character of Christ, but actuated by their own will and seeking their own glory, they would be received. And why? Because he who is seeking his own glory appeals to the desire for self-exaltation in others. To such appeals the Jews could respond. They would receive the false teacher because he flattered their pride by sanctioning their cherished opinions and traditions. But the teaching of Christ did not coincide with their ideas. It was spiritual, and demanded the sacrifice of self; therefore they would not receive it. They were not acquainted with God, and to them His voice through Christ was the voice of a stranger. {DA 212.4}

Jesus came to this earth to represent the character of the Father to the world. He said, "He that hath seen me, hath seen the Father." Satan had misrepresented the character of God, and placed him in a false light. But Jesus came to reveal the Father's love and compassion toward the fallen children of men. When those who profess to be the servants of God draw down their countenances in gloom, and are ever complaining, they misrepresent their heavenly Father. They are confirming the impression that Satan has made concerning his character. They say to the world, "The service of God is a hard service. It is bondage to keep the law of God." This is all false. What is it that puts the shackles on men's wrists? Is it obedience to law? No, indeed. Those who keep the laws walk at liberty. It is the transgressor that is in bondage. The curse of the law is not upon those who are striving to fulfill God's holy precepts through faith in the Redeemer. They are covered with his righteousness. They are at peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. {ST, September 30, 1889 par. 7}

We don't have to repeat Israel's failure to understand the character of God.

Sin kills, not God. God is not the executioner. Repeat (change your mind) and believe the Good News. (Mark 1)

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189346
05/10/19 10:12 PM
05/10/19 10:12 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A DIFFERENT TOPIC

The topic is a BIBLICAL discussion on the lessons of the "Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide.

OFF TOPIC

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189347
05/10/19 11:13 PM
05/10/19 11:13 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Lesson two, The War on Earth, the Fall of Man

What were the issues of the rebellion? What is sin?

Why didn't Satan reap the results of sin right away?
Can you give Biblical reasons?

Why did God continue to give Lucifer and his fallen angels life and even allow him access to the tree of good and evil, so he could deceive the human race?
Why was the tree put in the garden in the first place?

What does this have to do WITH THE SANCTUARY
and the truths we believe in-- the sanctuary doctrine?

Why introduce a carrier of a "deadly disease" (to use APL's interpretation) into the garden to infect a newly created race?

Or maybe it he wasn't "carrying a disease" but was waging a battle for the MIND and allegiance and worship?

These are questions that bother a lot of people.

As we've seen --
some simply deny the fact that there was a Lucifer,
or that there was a rebellion PRIOR to the six days of creation -- or even after creation --

That's what the lessons are trying to address ---

Can you give some BIBLICAL answers.
That's what the lessons are trying to do.

And yes, embedded in the last posts are some answers, but they are kind of buried in "an agenda?" Let's try not to turn this into the agenda that has dominated so many threads in the past.

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: dedication] #189348
05/11/19 01:06 AM
05/11/19 01:06 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A DIFFERENT TOPIC

The topic is a BIBLICAL discussion on the lessons of the "Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide.

OFF TOPIC

My first reply was a direct comment on what you wrote, and Desire of Ages (any many other places in the Conflict of the AGes) specifically address you "why" question. The answer stands. If Satan had been left to the inevitable consequence of his sin, he would have perished, but the on looking universe would not have understood, they would have thought that it was God executing him. That answer still stands, and again a direct reply to what you stated. Perhaps it is Green you are concerned about taking off on a tangent for he sure did with his accusations, which are techniques of the opposition. I'm not ashamed of the Gospel.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: APL] #189349
05/11/19 01:33 AM
05/11/19 01:33 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

My first reply was a direct comment
... specifically address your "why" question. The answer stands. If Satan had been left to the inevitable consequence of his sin, he would have perished, but the on looking universe would not have understood, they would have thought that it was God executing him.

Yes, I agree with that part, and the quotes you shared in that first post. By rebelling against God, Satan cut his connection with the Life Giver and would have died. The onlookers would have thought God was vindictive, they didn't know what sin was, or what effect it had (not only that it results in death) but also how it affects life, bringing all manner pain, damage, and trouble.

The problem was, the quotes were prefaced by comments that baited -- and the bait was taken, and we want this thread to try to stay more or less on topic.

Also -- it's easy and comfortable to quote EGW.
But the Christian world in general don't look to her.
We need to have answers from the Bible for the many people who don't see the "great controversy" picture.

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189351
05/11/19 03:21 AM
05/11/19 03:21 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Also -- it's easy and comfortable to quote EGW.
But the Christian world in general don't look to her.
We need to have answers from the Bible for the many people who don't see the "great controversy" picture.
Ah - this is and SDA online forum, correct? But then, John 14:9 comes back in frame, as Jesus is the ONLY perfect picture we have of God, not Balaam's donkey.

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189352
05/11/19 03:41 AM
05/11/19 03:41 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The lesson itself focuses on judgment.

That subject is very much a part of the sanctuary message.
Originally Posted By: Bible John
5.21 For as the Father raises up the dead, and quickens them; even so the Son quickens whom he will.
5.22 For the Father judges no man, but hath committed all judgment G2920 unto the Son:
5.23 That all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He that honors not the Son honors not the Father which hath sent him.
5.24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hears my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation G2920; but is passed from death unto life.
5.25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
5.26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
5.27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment G2920 also, because he is the Son of man.
5.28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
5.29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation G2920.
5.30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment G2920is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

So, in the above verses we see that --
a decision will be made.
"the Son quickens (gives life) to whom he will."
This decision is based on a judgment
"all judgment is given to the Son (to Christ)
This judgment is based on whether a person "hears and believes on God" they have passed from death onto life.

The passage continues say an hour is coming when the dead shall rise -- some in the resurrection of life to eternal life
-- some to the resurrection of damnation --

So the judgment also has something to do with "doing good" or "doing evil".

The passage takes us back to the judgment every few verses--
Christ was given the power to execute the judgment also, and his judgment is just and in perfect harmony with the Father's will.

Thoughts from "Lesson Two"
You can study the lessons at the links

Satan had been accusing God of being unfair.
His arguments are mirrored in arguments of people since then --
Like Korah telling the God appointed leaders there in the wilderness saying -- we are all holy, you take too much upon yourself telling us what we can and can't do. (See Numbers 16)
Lesson 1 explained Lucifer’s rebellion against God's law of love, for sin is the transgression of God's law, (1 John 3:4) thus his rebellious “sin,” that ultimately led to his downfall was an undermining of God's law. (Ez. 24:15)

In rebelling against the law of love, the result could only lead to hate. Lucifer argued that the government of God needed to be reformed and began a campaign to unseat God.

Lucifer's life was entirely in God's control. God had a choice to make -- continue giving life to this angel, or allow the separation that his rebellion had made to cut the life line. God CHOSE to continue to give life to the rebellious angels.

There is one thing that comes through strongly -- God doesn't ONLY work perfect justice, He wants us to be convinced that everything He does is out of love and justice.

Justice must be recognized as entirely fair. The Bible illustrates this in a vivid way. If a witness came to testify against someone, both the defendant and the accuser had to stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges (Deuteronomy 19:16, 17).
The judges were to make careful inquiry (Deuteronomy 19:18).

In other words, the accused could not sit as judge over the accuser; neither could the accuser sit as judge over the accused. There must be a third party, a jury, to decide the dispute between both parties.

Using this principle, we can see that had God, being the accused, judged and not sustained life in Lucifer, it would have appeared suspect to the other angels. God was being accused by a greatly beloved and dazzling angel. There must be a third party, a jury, bound by the laws of righteousness, to serve in this case. And who would God select to make up that jury? We are told that the “saints will the world” and “will judge angels.
” (1 Corinthians 6:1–3).

And that is an interesting thought --

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: APL] #189355
05/12/19 01:05 AM
05/12/19 01:05 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Sin kills, not God. God is not the executioner. Repeat (change your mind) and believe the Good News. (Mark 1)

You are greatly mistaken, not knowing the scriptures nor God.

Jesus said, "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:17. And so in his ministry, He was continually and earnestly tending to the vine of humanity.

He spoke this parable: "A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, 'Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?' But he answered and said to him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.'" Luke 13:6-9

See? But after that, "cut it down!"

And so we read that at the end of time, Satan will throw himself in the Lake of Fire. Yes, God will try to save him but he would not allow God to save him, but would personally plunge into the Lake to destroy himself forever. Before that however, Satan will take all the people on his side and drive them into the Lake. Yes, and then he would grab Death and Hades by the collar bones and throw them into the fiery furnace. ONLY after he would have made certain that everything evil had been destroyed, would he THEN destroy himself forever by taking the plunge -- and so cleanse the universe of all sin. Far be it from God to lift even a pinky against that serpent! See Rev. 20:15.

Something is wrong with my head. Please, would someone kindly help me? The convolution hurts! Should I praise Satan for the good that he would do at the end of time?

///

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189357
05/12/19 02:48 AM
05/12/19 02:48 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
What happens to the rebellious angels and their followers at the end of this great controversy, is covered in
Lesson 16

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!