HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189360
05/12/19 06:51 AM
05/12/19 06:51 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
In the sanctuary service, who killed the lamb?

In the death of Christ, did He die the sinners death? Who and/or what killed Christ?

The plan of salvation is to save us from what?

Here in is the answer.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189369
05/13/19 02:31 PM
05/13/19 02:31 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Lesson 16: "God’s goal was to make man fireproof again. "

What would that mean if you didn't want to be fireproofed?

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Mountain Man] #189372
05/13/19 07:43 PM
05/13/19 07:43 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

When considered in the larger context of Isaiah 9 why do we choose to believe verse 6 is referring to Jesus?

Isaiah 8:18 Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

Isaiah 10:5 O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.

Is it possible God uses people, places, and things to symbolize past, present, and future people, places, and events? For example, the King of Tyre. Or, the sons of Isaiah.

That is true.

And so the King of Tyre was like Adam in the Garden of Eden. The entire prophecy begins from chapter 26 of Ezekiel. This is how God speaks of him. "Thus says the Lord God: O Tyre, YOU have said, 'I am perfect in beauty.' Your borders are in the midst of the seas. Your builders have perfected your beauty." Ezekiel 27:3-4

BECAUSE of Tyre's own claim of perfect beauty, God returns the saying in kind and uses it.

Because your heart is lifted up,
And YOU say, 'I am a god,
I sit in the seat of gods,
In the midst of the seas,'
Yet you are a man, and not a god,
Though you set your heart as the heart of a god
(Behold, you are wiser than Daniel!
There is no secret that can be hidden from you!
With your wisdom and your understanding
You have gained riches for yourself,
And gathered gold and silver into your treasuries;
By your great wisdom in trade you have increased your riches,
And your heart is lifted up because of your riches) ...”

Notice the line, "Yet you are a man, and not a god!" This was A MAN who was imagining himself to be greater than he was; hence the comparison to Adam in the Garden of Eden.

Thus says the Lord God:

You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.

You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;

You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.

This was Adam, son of God, brought INTO the Garden of Eden, the House of God, given all things on earth and made father of every human being, messenger of the Most High ... until iniquity was found in him. Then he was cast out of Eden, as it is written, "... for dust you are; and to dust you shall return!" Gen. 3:19

AND what, pray tell, was Adam's sin? He followed his wife. He believed the promise of the serpent, "You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." Gen. 3:4-5

///

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: dedication] #189373
05/14/19 12:41 AM
05/14/19 12:41 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
HC, You could probably appeal to the scriptures that speak of Christ as Michael the Archangel -- or the commander of the heavenly hosts. (Joshua 5:14, Revelation 12:7)

Yet, I believe Christ's place was ON the throne, with the Father, thus receiving the honor of the angels, not holding the position of "covering cherub"

Yes, His
"goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2) That is -- He did mingle with the created, He created them, He was their leader, but He was also God, with the Father, (John 1:1) and He went forth from God, (John 8:42)that is from His place ON the throne of God to mingle with the created.

Also scripture says we were created in God's image --
Cherubim have a rather different "image", Artists paint Lucifer looking like a man with wings, but read Ezekiel 1 and 10 -- cherubim don't look at all like us.

Bottom line, of course, James' question cannot be answered with an affirmative Biblical answer, because the answer was not revealed. Everyone can have an opinion, but no proof. We do know there are more cherubim in heaven, so not knowing who the other cherub was/is presents no problem.

And since it is not a salvation issue, it does not merit much brain power.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189374
05/14/19 12:47 AM
05/14/19 12:47 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
When the word Tyre is studied: it means: A rock

King of a Rock... Satan wanted Jesus (the Rock) to worship him.

Thus, Satan wanted to be king over Jesus, i.e., to exalt Satan's throne above Jesus.

Food for thought

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: His child] #189376
05/14/19 02:39 AM
05/14/19 02:39 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: His Child
And since it is not a salvation issue, it does not merit much brain power.

It becomes important in understanding the rejection of man, and why the curse was so severe: "You shall surely die!"

There is New Testament equivalent to the King of Tyre in King Herod (Agrippa).

"Now Herod had been very angry with the people of Tyre and Sidon; but they came to him with one accord, and having made Blastus the king’s personal aide their friend, they asked for peace, because their country was supplied with food by the king’s country. So on a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat on his throne and gave an oration to them. And the people kept shouting, 'The voice of a god and not of a man!' Then immediately an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms and died." Acts. 12:20-23

Notice the repetition of the same pattern: a man exalting himself above his own state without reason, making himself out to be like God ... and suffering death in the end. I can show you numerous examples of such men, all bearing the legacy of ADAM, the one who was brought into the House of God, even into the council of the Most High ... but being carried away with the dizzying heights to which he was brought, imagined himself to have arrived, only to fall spectacularly.

There is a very similar relationship that exists between parents and children for which reason Jesus solemnly warned, "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Mat. 18:6.

YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING AND NOT GOD. PERIOD. NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE. THEREFORE TO YOUR OWN SELF BE TRUE. WERE A DOG TO CLIMB INTO ITS MASTER'S BED, VICIOUSLY SNAP AT HIM AND SLEEP WITH HIS MASTER'S WIFE, WOULD THAT DOG NOT SURELY DIE?

///

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189378
05/14/19 05:10 AM
05/14/19 05:10 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
Notice the repetition of the same pattern: a man exalting himself above his own state without reason, making himself out to be like God

That is exactly the pattern set by Lucifer, and yes, it has been repeated countless times by humans who live in the world in which Satan/Lucifer wields huge influence. King Herod is a good example of a created being pretending to be god.

But no, Adam was NOT the "covering cherub" that Ezekiel 24 is referring to. There was another right there in the Garden of Eden whose aim and purpose was to turn the newly created pair away from their allegiance to God, and have them under his own domain.

Gen. 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman,
You shall not surely die: For God knows that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods,

The deceiving serpent was there in the garden

" that great dragon that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world: (Rev. 12:8)

He is the one the Christ came to "crush"
Gen. 3 And the LORD God said unto the serpent,
..the woman's seed shall bruise thy head, and you shalt bruise his heel."

He is also the one that wanted Christ to worship him.
Talk about a created being trying to exalt himself above God!
Asking Christ, the Son of God to worship him!||

Matt. 4:8 Again, the devil took him up into an exceeding high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And said unto him, All these things will I give you if you will fall down and worship me.

Also Ezekiel gives us a picture of what a cherubim is.

See Ezekiel chapter one and ten. That's where the fallen identity of Ezekiel 24 fits in -- he was once close to God, just like those other cherubs.

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #189382
05/14/19 06:21 PM
05/14/19 06:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, thank you for replying to my post. I often wonder why God didn't simply spell things out in plain language (instead of using symbols, allegories, prophecies, etc). Any thoughts?

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #192000
03/08/20 03:25 AM
03/08/20 03:25 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
So far in the studies this thread was trying to follow, we had:
Lesson One -- the fall of Lucifer
Lesson Two -- the fall of man

Those two lessons showed WHY a plan was made. A plan to deal with the condition of sin that sprung up and was marring God's creation.

http://www.blueprintgps.com/lesson-3

Lesson Three addresses the Sanctuary as a blue print of Salvation.

This sanctuary would contain a symbolic message of the plan of salvation, of the history of the rebellion in heaven, and of the future of mankind. It was to serve as a divine ?GPS,? a blueprint, showing humanity how they could be reconciled to God?how to be saved and how to bridge the separation that sin caused. It would be later said of this sanctuary, or tabernacle, ?Your way, O God, is in the sanctuary. ? (Psalm 77:13).

The lesson then goes on to discuss that the wilderness sanctuary was a miniature replica of God's heavenly sanctuary and how surprised Lucifer would have been to see this being built.
"Being very familiar with the structure, Satan knew that God was giving man the very plan that would deliver them from his oppressive rule."

MY COMMENT

I find this interesting --
I think Lucifer KNEW the heavenly sanctuary (having been there before his fall) and probably knew a bit as to what it stood for.

So -- he had his counterfeits ready.
We were touring in the Mediterranean area and visited several ancient ruins. It was surprising to see that Pagan temples were often built according to the same plan. They had altars for sacrifices in the front. In the temple itself, there was a 1st room, and then in the special back room they would have an huge image of their "god".
Some critics claim this proves Israel copied their pagan neighbors.
But no -- rather it shows that Lucifer (satan) tried to copy the things of God and use them for his own perverted purposes.

The sanctuary that was built under the leadership of Moses, was indeed a replica of heavenly things.
And in its symbols we find the plan of salvation.

Re: The Lost Sanctuary Bible Study Guide [Re: Daryl] #192002
03/08/20 11:36 PM
03/08/20 11:36 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Sanctuary -- furniture -- what do they signify?

1. Altar of Sacrifice

2. Laver

3. Table of Showbread

4. Altar of Incense

5. Candlestick

6. Ark of the Covenant

Many studies can be done on this.

I found this one very meaningful (given in Lesson 4)

The Sanctuary illustrates Christ's condescension from the highest heaven to the lowest terrible point He met to save us.

6. (Ark) The throne of heaven (Christ left the throne of heaven to dwell with humanity)

5. (Candlestick) He is the light (John 1:4-5; 3:19 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness;... light is come into the world,

4. (Incense) Jesus lived a life of prayer. He prays for US!!! Like he prayed for Peter, in Luke 22:32

3. (Table of shewbread) (John 6:35 Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger.. 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever:

2. (The laver) The laver stood between the holy sanctuary and the altar of sacrifice. Before the priests entered the sanctuary they washed -- a reminder that cleansing is necessary before entering the holy places. For Christ in His condescension for our redemption the movement was REVERSED.
He Who was absolutely holy, became sin (took our sin). Gethsemane was Christ's baptism in the laver, His holiness absorbing all humanities sin -- being covered by our UNHOLINESS -- a thing so terrible He almost died right there in Gethsemane.

1. (The alter) The cross. Jesus, the Lamb of God, gave Himself a sacrifice, dying our death. That we might live.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!