HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Does the Holy Spirit Have a Physical Form? [Re: James Peterson] #190237
07/25/19 07:08 PM
07/25/19 07:08 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
[quote=James Peterson]
[*]Jesus said that He was the ONLY begotten Son of God and again, just before He left, while praying, "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." John 17:5 And John opened his gospel declaring that, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." John 1:1-4 The Word is THE Holy Spirit, that which gives life but cannot be seen.[/list]

THERE IS NO THIRD PERSON OF ANY GODHEAD. Those who say there is are giving voice to Hinduism's pantheon of a trinity.

Greetings again James. I recognize there are questions and objections to this topic, but in terms of dealing with the central issue, I find it helpful to examine from Scripture what it means when it talks about Jesus "proceeding from the Father." That and "only begotten" are two, commonly misunderstood terms

God: The Holy Spirit: Part 2

A closer look at the texts involved does show THREE, not two entities. I imagine people will debate well into eternity about the exact nature of same; but the whole point of all scripture on the topic is so that we dont make that mistake regarding trying to make scripture say what we think "must be" the very nature/physical make-up of Deity. All we can know is there are THREE. I have some more comments, but have to go for now. May God bless the reading of His Word on this most important subject.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Does the Holy Spirit Have a Physical Form? [Re: dedication] #190238
07/25/19 09:28 PM
07/25/19 09:28 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by dedication

After all we serve ONE God, in three persons.
Not as James suggests -- three different "gods" --

IT is SDA who say they worship THREE gods and like Hindus (who have such a pantheon) seek to slyly palm their pantheon off by saying it is about THREE manifestations of one god.

///

Re: Does the Holy Spirit Have a Physical Form? [Re: The Wanderer] #190239
07/25/19 09:41 PM
07/25/19 09:41 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
Originally Posted by James Peterson

[*]Jesus said that He was the ONLY begotten Son of God and again, just before He left, while praying, "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." John 17:5 And John opened his gospel declaring that, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." John 1:1-4 The Word is THE Holy Spirit, that which gives life but cannot be seen.[/list]

THERE IS NO THIRD PERSON OF ANY GODHEAD. Those who say there is are giving voice to Hinduism's pantheon of a trinity.

Greetings again James. I recognize there are questions and objections to this topic, but in terms of dealing with the central issue, I find it helpful to examine from Scripture what it means when it talks about Jesus "proceeding from the Father." That and "only begotten" are two, commonly misunderstood terms

God: The Holy Spirit: Part 2

A closer look at the texts involved does show THREE, not two entities. I imagine people will debate well into eternity about the exact nature of same; but the whole point of all scripture on the topic is so that we dont make that mistake regarding trying to make scripture say what we think "must be" the very nature/physical make-up of Deity. All we can know is there are THREE. I have some more comments, but have to go for now. May God bless the reading of His Word on this most important subject.

May I remind you that it was John who opened his gospel declaring that, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." John 1:1-4 The Word is THE Holy Spirit, that which gives life but cannot be seen.

If ALL things were created THROUGH the Word (i.e. THE Holy Spirit, aka Jesus Christ) then it must mean as Jesus Himself said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner." John 5:19 So making Our Father in heaven, the ONLY TRUE GOD.

"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, [O Father,] the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." John 17:3

THE Holy Spirit is and has a definite form as Jesus Christ.

///

Re: Does the Holy Spirit Have a Physical Form? [Re: James Peterson] #190240
07/25/19 11:13 PM
07/25/19 11:13 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

If ALL things were created THROUGH the Word (i.e. THE Holy Spirit, aka Jesus Christ) then it must mean ...

Greetings James, as I mentioned before, the problem, (one of them) with what you are posting here is all of the "ifs" and the "must means..." There is no solid line of scriptural reasoning for sometimes saying "the word is the holy spirit," "The Holy spirit is Jesus;"etc etc I mean, which is it? None of those scriptures actually say what you are claiming them to.

The plain Bible facts for this subject are very clear in scripture: The Three Personalities of "The Eternal Godhead" each equally serve the other two, and all THREE equally defer to one another in their ministry to all people from all times. The Son says what He hears from The Father, (John 12:49-50), the Father witnesses to, and glorifies The Son, (John 8:16-18, John 8:50, John 8:54), both The Father & The Son honor The Holy Spirit by commissioning Him to speak in their name: (John 14:16, John 14:26), and The Holy Spirit honors The Father & The Son as THEIR ADVOCATE (paraklete) in our hearts to lift up Jesus & Him crucified. (see John 15:26)

There is a clear line of scriptural reasoning for what I am posting here; and The Holy Spirit does speak EXPRESSLY in these latter day times that many will be seduced by the doctrines of demons. It is really important to know God Exactly as He presents Himself in scripture - not according to our "private interpretation" "must be's" If we have to resort to "must be" instead of "the Bible says" then it quite simply, CAN'T BE.

For more scripture reference on what I am saying: The Spirit Speaks Expressly: 1 Tim 4:1

- The Wanderer
Re: Does the Holy Spirit Have a Physical Form? [Re: The Wanderer] #190241
07/25/19 11:55 PM
07/25/19 11:55 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by The Wanderer

If ALL things were created THROUGH the Word (i.e. THE Holy Spirit, aka Jesus Christ) then it must mean ...

Greetings James, as I mentioned before, the problem, (one of them) with what you are posting here is all of the "ifs" and the "must means..." There is no solid line of scriptural reasoning for sometimes saying "the word is the holy spirit," "The Holy spirit is Jesus;"etc etc I mean, which is it? None of those scriptures actually say what you are claiming them to.

The plain Bible facts for this subject are very clear in scripture: The Three Personalities of "The Eternal Godhead" each equally serve the other two, and all THREE equally defer to one another in their ministry to all people from all times. The Son says what He hears from The Father, (John 12:49-50), the Father witnesses to, and glorifies The Son, (John 8:16-18, John 8:50, John 8:54), both The Father & The Son honor The Holy Spirit by commissioning Him to speak in their name: (John 14:16, John 14:26), and The Holy Spirit honors The Father & The Son as THEIR ADVOCATE (paraklete) in our hearts to lift up Jesus & Him crucified. (see John 15:26)

There is a clear line of scriptural reasoning for what I am posting here; and The Holy Spirit does speak EXPRESSLY in these latter day times that many will be seduced by the doctrines of demons. It is really important to know God Exactly as He presents Himself in scripture - not according to our "private interpretation" "must be's" If we have to resort to "must be" instead of "the Bible says" then it quite simply, CAN'T BE.

For more scripture reference on what I am saying: The Spirit Speaks Expressly: 1 Tim 4:1

So then, the Comforter (THE Holy Spirit) is Jesus Christ. And Mat. 28:20b agrees perfectly: " ... and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen." But how is Jesus with us always? Through the ministry of His angels as Heb. 1:14 tells us plainly: "Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?"

It is evident therefore that THE Holy Spirit was manifested in the definite human form of Jesus of Nazareth, for man was made in the image and likeness of God, as it is written in Gen. 1.

///

Re: Does the Holy Spirit Have a Physical Form? [Re: James Peterson] #190242
07/26/19 06:10 AM
07/26/19 06:10 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

So then, the Comforter (THE Holy Spirit) is Jesus Christ. And Mat. 28:20b agrees perfectly: " ... and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen." But how is Jesus with us always? Through the ministry of His angels as Heb. 1:14 tells us plainly: "Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?"

It is evident therefore that THE Holy Spirit was manifested in the definite human form of Jesus of Nazareth, for man was made in the image and likeness of God, as it is written in Gen. 1.

Greetings again James Another problem I see in what you are saying has been spelled out, very evidently:

Your claim: Jesus was the "manifestation" of God The Spirit

Jesus does not agree with you. He specifically states ANOTHER Comforter, not the same Comforter. Its about context and place; NOT SUBSTANCE of any of The Three.

The claim Of Scripture; and of Christ, Himself: The Holy Spirit is/was ANOTHER Comforter." "Another cannot possibly mean "the same One. Thats why its called "another." Its impossible to be mistaken on that point.

I find that one really interesting thing can be learned by looking at how the different Bible versions choose to word things here.

The KJV says it like this:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;?" (John 14:16)

If we were to go with the view point that your post suggests here, then we would have to concede that the Scripture does contradict itself, which I would recommend is NOT the case at all. Why would Jesus in one place say ANOTHER COMFORTER," and then in Genesis, essentially contradict that, in order to support your theory here? Does it make sense to you that Jesus would do something like that?

Now when we look at the NET version of this same verse, it brings out one point that is right on par with other scripture context and modalities: I wish to make here:

"Then I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you forever ?" (john 14:16, NET)

Paraclete is actually not an easy word to translate in English here-in fact there is no one single word in the English language that would cover it properly, and therefore, ANOTHER ADVOCATE is certainly appropriate here. When Jesus ascended to heaven (another reason He is not physically here, (see Heb 7:25, etc), Jesus is in heaven pleading "My blood, Father," and ANOTHER Comforter,, God The Holy Spirit is here with us to guide, strengthen and comfort us. The thing to remember about the Ministry of The Spirit is that God the Spirit was/is "ANOTHER ADVOCATE" who advocated for Jesus to us; while Jesus advocates to the Father in The heavenly, for us. When we adhere to only the revealed context here, it is quite simple and no need to to try struggling with using phrases such as "it must be..." in describing some alleged preconceived physical make up o r Substance of any Deity

The Helper: Jesus Favorite Name for the Holy Spirit

Obviously he thought of the Third Person of the Trinity as the Holy Spirit because of His title. But is a title the same thing as a name? The title "Father" for the First Person of the Trinity is designated a name (see John 17:1). This was Jesus' favorite name for God. The Second Person of the Trinity is Jesus: "You shall call His name Jesus" (Matt. 1:21). Yet, Jesus' favorite name for Himself was "Son of Man," a title He used more than any other.

The name or title "Spirit" is used approximately 500 times in Scripture in reference to the Third Person, and the combined term "Holy Spirit" is used approximately 100 times. The expression "Holy Ghost," used 91 times in the King James Version, should be translated Holy Spirit.

In my next post I will address your ideas of Gen chapter 1. I have some remarks re Heb 1:14 for my next post here, plus a comment or two on your claims re Gen, chapter 1

James; we are brothers in Christ. I appreciate your earnest desire to find truth and stay with it I look forward to more correspondence with you on this and learning more things I didnt know before May the Lord bless you and keep you, and make His Face to shine upon you.

Your brother IN Christ, David

https://lightintheclouds.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/IMG_0587wwwwbible.jpg

Last edited by The Wanderer; 07/26/19 06:29 AM.

- The Wanderer
Re: Does the Holy Spirit Have a Physical Form? [Re: Daryl] #190243
07/26/19 01:45 PM
07/26/19 01:45 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Originally Posted by Wanderer
The thing to remember about the Ministry of The Spirit was/is "ANOTHER ADVOCATE" who advocated for Jesus to us; while Jesus advocates to the Father in The heavenly, for us. When we adhere to only the revealed context here, it is quite simple and no need to try struggling with using phrases such as "it must be..." in describing some alleged preconceived physical make up or Substance of any Deity.

That is a good summary of one of the wonderful works of the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit takes the deeper meaning of our prayers, "for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." and takes them to Jesus.

Christ, our Mediator, AND the Holy Spirit are constantly interceding in our behalf, but there is a difference in their work -- the Spirit's intercession is not the same as Christ who presents His blood, shed from the foundation of the world; the Spirit works upon our hearts, drawing out prayers and repentance, enabling us to sense our great needs and claim God's promises, and drawing out our, utterances of praise and thanksgiving. He then translates them to express our great need and inner most desires for righteousness and our utterances of praise and thanksgiving, and sends those prayers to Jesus, Jesus, as our Meditator before the Father, mixes in His merits and the blood of cleansing, and presents our prayers as sweet incense before the Father. (See Romans 8:26-27 and Rev. 8:3-4)

Re: Does the Holy Spirit Have a Physical Form? [Re: dedication] #190249
07/27/19 03:24 AM
07/27/19 03:24 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted by dedication

That is a good summary of one of the wonderful works of the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit takes the deeper meaning of our prayers, "for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." and takes them to Jesus.

Christ, our Mediator, AND the Holy Spirit are constantly interceding in our behalf, but there is a difference in their work -- the Spirit's intercession is not the same as Christ who presents His blood, shed from the foundation of the world; the Spirit works upon our hearts, drawing out prayers and repentance, enabling us to sense our great needs and claim God's promises, and drawing out our, utterances of praise and thanksgiving. He then translates them to express our great need and inner most desires for righteousness and our utterances of praise and thanksgiving, and sends those prayers to Jesus, Jesus, as our Meditator before the Father, mixes in His merits and the blood of cleansing, and presents our prayers as sweet incense before the Father. (See Romans 8:26-27 and Rev. 8:3-4)
Thank you; and yes, I agree about that difference in their work. I found a brief commentary about this topic in a book called "The Faith That I Live By:

A Personal God

God . . . hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son. . . ; who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high. Hebrews 1:1-3. {FLB 40.1}

God is a Spirit; yet He is a personal being; for so He has revealed Himself. {FLB 40.2}

As a personal being, God has revealed Himself in His Son. The outshining of the Father's glory, "and the express image of his person," Jesus, as a personal Saviour, came to the world. As a personal Saviour He ascended on high. As a personal Saviour He intercedes in the heavenly courts. {FLB 40.3}

I saw a throne, and on it sat the Father and the Son. I gazed on Jesus' countenance and admired His lovely person. The Father's person I could not behold, for a cloud of glorious light covered Him. I asked Jesus if His Father had a form like Himself. He said He had, but I could not behold it, for said He, "If you should once behold the glory of His person, you would cease to exist." {FLB 40.4}

The theory that God is an essence pervading all nature is received by many who profess to believe the Scriptures; but, however beautifully clothed, this theory is a most dangerous deception. . . . If God is an essence pervading all nature, then He dwells in all men; and in order to attain holiness, man has only to develop the power within him. These theories [pantheism, etc.], followed to their logical conclusion, . . . do away with the necessity for the atonement and make man his own savior. . . Those who accept them are in great danger of being led finally to look upon the whole Bible as a fiction. . . . {FLB 40.5}

The revelation of Himself that God has given in His Word is for our study. This we may seek to understand. But beyond this we are not to penetrate. None are to indulge in speculation regarding His nature. Here silence is eloquence. The Omniscient One is above discussion. {FLB 40.6}

- The Wanderer
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!