HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Can Christ's Spotless Righteousness And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today? [Re: James Peterson] #190446
08/10/19 09:08 AM
08/10/19 09:08 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by James Peterson
Originally Posted by Charity
Jesus told this story: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men -- extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.' And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted." Luke 18:9-14

But I perceive that the ambition of many is be a Pharisee, to one day approach God and say: "Behold how lily white I've made myself! I AM just like You."

///

James, the publican is like Joshua the High Priest in Zechariah 3, clothed in filthy garments but aware of his wretchedness. Christ tells us in Revelation 3 that our main problem is that we are wretched but don't know it. Lord help us all so that we feel our need of your righteousness and help us to receive it on faith. Clothe us in your righteousness like you did Joshua. We believe. Help thou our unbelief.

NO ONE will ever be perfect, nor will anyone of the last generation be able to approach God on the last day and say, "Behold how lily white I've made myself! I AM just like You."

///

Everyone that comes before God at the end will have to be perfect or they will not be with Him. There is a cut off point where we will have to stand without Christ's mediation as He leaves heaven to come to earth for the Second Coming, at this point, you are either, as the Bible says, "unjust" or "just"...

Revelation 22:11

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Re: Can Christ's Spotless Righteousness And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today? [Re: Rick H] #190450
08/10/19 09:09 PM
08/10/19 09:09 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by Rick H
Originally Posted by Charity
Jesus told this story: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men -- extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.' And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted." Luke 18:9-14

But I perceive that the ambition of many is be a Pharisee, to one day approach God and say: "Behold how lily white I've made myself! I AM just like You."

///

James, the publican is like Joshua the High Priest in Zechariah 3, clothed in filthy garments but aware of his wretchedness. Christ tells us in Revelation 3 that our main problem is that we are wretched but don't know it. Lord help us all so that we feel our need of your righteousness and help us to receive it on faith. Clothe us in your righteousness like you did Joshua. We believe. Help thou our unbelief.

NO ONE will ever be perfect, nor will anyone of the last generation be able to approach God on the last day and say, "Behold how lily white I've made myself! I AM just like You."

///

Everyone that comes before God at the end will have to be perfect or they will not be with Him. There is a cut off point where we will have to stand without Christ's mediation as He leaves heaven to come to earth for the Second Coming, at this point, you are either, as the Bible says, "unjust" or "just"...

Revelation 22:11

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

You lifted the verse out of its context and slapped on your own interpretation. The verse is NOT some utterance that immediately precedes the Second Advent, but is a call for decisive action concerning one's salvation. Here is the verse in its context.

And [the angel] said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." And "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie." Rev. 22:10-15

The time was at hand when John received the revelation, not 2,000 years away.

///

Re: Can Christ's Spotless Righteousness And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today? [Re: Rick H] #190536
08/14/19 02:21 PM
08/14/19 02:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Everyone that comes before God at the end will have to be perfect or they will not be with Him.

Yes, and it includes everyone - from A&E to the end of probationary time. The idea that only the final generation, the translation generation will achieve human perfection misrepresents the truth about conversion and rebirth. The thief on the cross was ready to be translated alive so far as human perfection is concerned. He probably wasn't ready (mature enough) for the final test and most likely would have been laid to rest (like so many will during the final crisis).

Re: Can Christ's Spotless Righteousness And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today? [Re: Mountain Man] #190566
08/17/19 08:11 AM
08/17/19 08:11 AM
Rick H  Offline

3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by Mountain Man
Everyone that comes before God at the end will have to be perfect or they will not be with Him.

Yes, and it includes everyone - from A&E to the end of probationary time. The idea that only the final generation, the translation generation will achieve human perfection misrepresents the truth about conversion and rebirth. The thief on the cross was ready to be translated alive so far as human perfection is concerned. He probably wasn't ready (mature enough) for the final test and most likely would have been laid to rest (like so many will during the final crisis).

Those who have died have already been judged whether they are to be before God, only the living still are being looked over. But there has to be a cut off, and that is when Christ stops His work of mediation in the tabernacle to come for us. At this point they are living and either are perfect or they are not saved.

Here is SOP, "These, having been translated from the earth, from among the living, are counted as "the first fruits unto God and to the Lamb." they have passed through the time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation; they have endured the anguish of the time of Jacob's trouble; they have stood without an intercessor through the final outpouring of God's judgments. But they have been delivered, for they have "washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." "In their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault" before God. "Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them." They have seen the earth wasted with famine and pestilence, the sun having power to scorch men with great heat, and they themselves have endured suffering, hunger, and thirst. But "they shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes." Revelation 7:14-17. (The Great Controversy, pp. 648, 649)"

Last edited by Rick H; 08/17/19 09:15 AM.
Re: Can Christ's Spotless Righteousness And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today? [Re: Charity] #190570
08/17/19 02:41 PM
08/17/19 02:41 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Rick, yes, I agree. I was making a different point in my post. To be admitted into Heaven and the New Earth everyone must be judged and found worthy of eternal life, everyone must be as perfect, stainless, righteous as those who will be translated alive. The 144,000 will not be translated alive because they are more perfect, more righteous than everyone who lived and died before them. They are merely alive at the time Jesus chooses to return. Yes, they will have an experience like no other (being judged while alive, passing through the plagues, etc).

Re: Can Christ's Spotless Righteousness And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today? [Re: Mountain Man] #190571
08/17/19 04:39 PM
08/17/19 04:39 PM
Rick H  Offline

3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Rick, yes, I agree. I was making a different point in my post. To be admitted into Heaven and the New Earth everyone must be judged and found worthy of eternal life, everyone must be as perfect, stainless, righteous as those who will be translated alive. The 144,000 will not be translated alive because they are more perfect, more righteous than everyone who lived and died before them. They are merely alive at the time Jesus chooses to return. Yes, they will have an experience like no other (being judged while alive, passing through the plagues, etc).

I would agree, all must be perfect before God, but its a unique experience especially living through the plagues and see unfolding the time such as never was, and being sealed in a state of perfection.

Re: Can Christ's Spotless Righteousness And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today? [Re: Charity] #190589
08/18/19 12:53 PM
08/18/19 12:53 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes. Amen. Now, concerning the the title of this thread " . . . And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today?" No, the LR is not available today. It hasn't been poured out yet. We are still operating under the power of the Early Rain. The ER empowers us to experience rebirth and to live in harmony with the will of God, to mature daily in the fruit of the Spirit. The LR, however, is given to empower people living during the little time of trouble (the mark of the beast crisis leading up to the close of human probation) to proclaim the Gospel with extra power and courage and faithfulness so that listeners and learners can embrace Jesus as their Friend and Savior.

Re: Can Christ's Spotless Righteousness And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today? [Re: Mountain Man] #190672
08/27/19 10:46 AM
08/27/19 10:46 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Yes. Amen. Now, concerning the the title of this thread " . . . And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today?" No, the LR is not available today. It hasn't been poured out yet. We are still operating under the power of the Early Rain. The ER empowers us to experience rebirth and to live in harmony with the will of God, to mature daily in the fruit of the Spirit. The LR, however, is given to empower people living during the little time of trouble (the mark of the beast crisis leading up to the close of human probation) to proclaim the Gospel with extra power and courage and faithfulness so that listeners and learners can embrace Jesus as their Friend and Savior.

If the ER didn't do that to Peter, why do you think a LR would do that to you?

Re: Can Christ's Spotless Righteousness And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today? [Re: Charity] #190679
08/27/19 01:47 PM
08/27/19 01:47 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
As I read it, the ER did do that for Peter. He, like all others, was living in harmony with the will of God while abiding in Jesus.

Re: Can Christ's Spotless Righteousness And The Latter Rain Be Ours - Today? [Re: Mountain Man] #190681
08/27/19 02:48 PM
08/27/19 02:48 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
As I read it, the ER did do that for Peter. He, like all others, was living in harmony with the will of God while abiding in Jesus.

If someone fails to get the ER, can they receive the latter rain (LR)?

When Peter woke to his condition, Christ was about to go to heaven to plead with the Father for him.
In the endtime, those who wait until Christ is about to leave the Sanctuary, may be too late!

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!