A few weeks ago I was awakened by one of my children at around 3:00am. While I way lying there, a tune came into my mind--one that was a favourite of mine in the 70's.

That morning I went to a search engine and typed in a few words of the chorus, just to see if I could find out if the meaningful lyrics of that song were recorded anywhere. To my delight, I found the script to "that song" and the name of the person who sang and wrote it.

The song was called "Where Do You Go To My Lovely?" and it was written and performed by Peter S. (the exact spelling of his last name escapes me now). It was a "monster" worldwide "hit" in 1969--#1 in Britain for almost a month (although it didn't do much on the US music charts).

I found the newly made "official website" of Peter S. (who now is over 60 years old). It contained a section where he invited people to write to him.

I sent a message, saying that I was a Seventh-day Adventist Minister and that his "Lovely" was my favourite song.

A few days later, Peter S. wrote me back. He said that he appreciated hearing from me. Then he shared that when he was a youth in India, he and his older brother were sent to a Seventh-day Adventist boarding school. This was made possible by an aunt who is a Seventh-day Adventist. Peter said that he remembers a lot of peanut butter being served at that school...

The latest I heard is that Peter S. is now touring with Gerry and the Pacemakers in a 60's revival tour.

The things you learn when you're just willing to talk...

------------------
As the Happy Moments Roll,

Pastor Andrew