HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,850 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Coronavirus - potential impacts #191648
01/29/20 10:21 PM
01/29/20 10:21 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Two days ago I watched a You Tube video of a young Chinese man in Wuhan describing conditions there. Public order is still in place but the anxiety in his voice was palpable. He thought the situation was being mismanaged but felt helpless to change it.

Without going into it, from the evidence I've seen, there is a good possibility this will be as large as the 1918 Spanish Flue. For the purpose of this thread, let's assume that it is and that it takes a course in the average person similar to the Spanish Flue. How should we respond individually and collectively when it hits our country and communities?

Specifically, what do you think of the Chinese approach. I think quarantining entire cities is right and attempting to keep the sick within the city quarantined makes sense but I think that life should go on as normal for those who are well. It seems to me that keeping everyone locked down and indoors in their little apartments except to get food is a recipe for disaster. Once the disease has a clear hold on a population center I think it has to take its course. From what I've seen of Wuhan, If they aren't careful it will not be long before authorities loose control of the situation and people will take to the streets and public order will break down.

Besides the macro questions a main purpose of the thread is to share with each other some practical advice about simple hydro therapies to reduce fevers, to boost immunity before the symptoms worsen, avoiding infection etc.

During the 1918 flue there were some Adventist medical folk in Michigan who save every case of Spanish Flue that they treated using, if I remember right, a wet sheet wrap treatment.

By the way, I've always wondered what would bring about the conditions Ellen White predicts that those in the cities will be trapped in them. Quarantine seems to be the answer. I heard today that China has reinforced its travel ban from the infected areas by not only road blocks but dumping earth across highways.

Last edited by Charity; 01/29/20 10:24 PM.
Re: Coronavirus - potential impacts [Re: Charity] #191649
01/29/20 11:56 PM
01/29/20 11:56 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I don't think quarantine of an entire city is the wisest plan. I think such draconian measures feed into the devil's plan of force and control for all and sundry. And they aren't effective. It has been reported in the news that nearly half of the city's population of 11 million plus left the city of Wuhan before the travel restriction was put in place. Thousands of them have gone to other countries, including at least seven thousand to Thailand where a number of cases of the virus have surfaced. Basically, if the people are afraid that a quarantine will be imposed, the disease is destined to spread the more widely.

Psalm 91 is the Christian's defense. We have no need to live in fear.

As for practical measures to handle the disease, I would suggest the following:

1) Do not overwork, and be sure to get adequate rest.
2) Do not overeat, and eat nutritious foods.
3) Get some sunshine and fresh air.
4) Top up the body's levels of vitamin C and B-complex vitamins, both water-soluble, via supplements.
5) Drink sufficient water.

If, after those have been done, and one still falls ill, don't try to reduce the fever artificially via medicine, e.g. Aspirin, Tylenol/Paracetamol, etc. Unless the fever exceeds about 106 degrees Fahrenheit (41 degrees Celsius), there's no need to try to bring it down by unnatural means. Fasting would be a natural method, and acceptable in some cases--but be sure while avoiding food to remain hydrated with good water.

Getting the sickness is far, far from a death sentence. Only a small percentage of those who are falling ill are dying, essentially comprising those weakest in health.

I think I may have had it at Christmastime. Keep in mind, I am much nearer to this virus than most anyone else on the forum. I chose not to go to the hospital for the virus itself, though I did go to the hospital to have my airway checked when I had bouts with something like gagging that prevented me at random moments from being able to inhale. That particular symptom may be unrelated to the Wuhan virus, and have more to do with some other as-yet undiagnosed condition, e.g. Hashimoto's disease. But the virus certainly caused pneumonia, with strong coughing fits, during which I occasionally tasted blood. The entire course of the illness spanned about three weeks, with the worst symptoms lasting about a week of that.

Entire schools are being shut down in my region on account of illness, but in most cases the students are not being tested to see what it is. In multiple locations, over half of the student population has fallen ill--but I haven't heard of any mortality on account of it.

The biggest threat in most of these scenarios is that of succumbing to fear. Fear is more to be dreaded than the virus. God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Coronavirus - potential impacts [Re: Green Cochoa] #191652
01/30/20 07:33 AM
01/30/20 07:33 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
GC, you are likely right about the quarantine being ineffective in Wuhan. People leaving before was widespread apparently. Authorities around the world are watching this unfold and one result may be that quarantining cities will be so swift in the future that there will be little opportunity to flee.

I wrote to an experienced doctor here in America to get her opinion on letting the disease take it's course where it already has hold and for some practical advice. She agreed that life should go on once the pandemic takes hold on a region. Regarding practical measures she said:

. . . [One proactive approach is to] produce artificial fever at the first symptom of [it or] even before [the symptoms manifest], if you have been around someone with symptoms. It can be done with hot baths, sauna or even blankets. This raises the immune cells in the blood. [Note: I've used fever baths many times and can vouch that this kind of treatment is wonderful in its effectiveness and in the relief it brings. Briefly, you do a fever bath by filling your tub with water as hot as you can tolerate it without being burned (about 103), get in and keep you head cool with a bowl of ice water and a small towel. You may need to add some more hot water from a kettle. Keep track of your temperature and when it reaches 101 to 104 (this takes about 10 or 15 minutes) depending on what you can tolerate stay in for up to 20 minutes depending on how you are tolerating it. Have a helper assist you out if you become faint. Douse yourself with the ice water and do a quick rub down with the ice water then get in a well covered bed and sleep, sweeting out the toxins.]

The cause of pandemics is unclean animals having contact with humans and birds. Wherever people live with pigs and chickens the viruses mix and new more virulent variations can emerge. The people of the Far East eat everything, even cats and dogs. That is where most new flu comes from. God warned us about unclean foods and even touching the pig.

I read the book, The Great Pandemic years ago. I learned how the virus can mutate and become more virulent or mild.

Consider carrying a small bottle of hand sanitizer in your pocket.

This is one more reason why in end times the Remnant should live in colonies in the country with gardens and food coops especially if our buying and selling is limited. We will probably avoid many deaths from a severe pandemic if we obey.

If it is the weak who are the most vulnerable to the Coronavirus then the outcome may be better than the Spanish Flue. In the case of the Spanish Flue it actually was more deadly among youth and young adults who apparently had less immunity built up.

The problem with viruses is that they mutate quickly so the course this takes is unpredictable but like GC stresses, there is no need to panic. We just need to act intelligently on what we know trusting in the Lord.

Last edited by Charity; 01/30/20 09:22 AM.
Re: Coronavirus - potential impacts [Re: Charity] #191654
01/30/20 10:47 AM
01/30/20 10:47 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Wuhan looks like one of those apocalyptic videos with everyone missing..

"'People Are Afraid': Eerie Footage Shows How Coronavirus Outbreak Has Left Wuhan Streets Deserted"

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-wuhan-deserted-video-footage-outbreak-disease-1484555

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...wuhan-pneumonia-virus-epicentre-12362386

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ns-trapped-in-coronavirus-city-t8j88q2ml

Last edited by Rick H; 01/30/20 10:51 AM.
Re: Coronavirus - potential impacts [Re: Charity] #191655
01/30/20 12:05 PM
01/30/20 12:05 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
The cause of pandemics is unclean animals having contact with humans and birds. Wherever people live with pigs and chickens the viruses mix and new more virulent variations can emerge. The people of the Far East eat everything, even cats and dogs. That is where most new flu comes from. God warned us about unclean foods and even touching the pig.
Let's create vaccines by incubating viruses in bird eggs, pigs, monkeys, insects, and see what happens!

Re: Coronavirus - potential impacts [Re: kland] #191659
01/30/20 06:16 PM
01/30/20 06:16 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted by kland
Let's create vaccines by incubating viruses in bird eggs, pigs, monkeys, insects, and see what happens!

As your post suggests, that is already being done. I think people do not realize what's in their vaccines. Adventists, of all people, should be staunchest among the so-called anti-vaxxers, considering that the vaccines put unclean animals, fat, blood, etc. that are "abominations" directly into the body, bypassing even the stomach. What they put in those vaccines is so bad, it's reminiscent of that horrible children's song that speaks of having great mounds of "greasy, grimy, gopher guts" "mutilated monkey meat," etc. and finding that one has forgotten his spoon!

I might have to start a new thread on this one. Suffice it to say, I will positively NOT be first in line for the coronavirus vaccine when it comes out. I'll fight getting the jab every bit as much as I would fight being forced to eat pork.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Coronavirus - potential impacts [Re: Charity] #191675
01/31/20 11:12 PM
01/31/20 11:12 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Every much as Christ is NOT the Father as EGW writes????

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Coronavirus - potential impacts [Re: Green Cochoa] #191776
02/07/20 10:43 AM
02/07/20 10:43 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by Green Cochoa
Originally Posted by kland

As your post suggests, that is already being done. I think people do not realize what's in their vaccines. Adventists, of all people, should be staunchest among the so-called anti-vaxxers, considering that the vaccines put unclean animals, fat, blood, etc. that are "abominations" directly into the body, bypassing even the stomach. What they put in those vaccines is so bad, it's reminiscent of that horrible children's song that speaks of having great mounds of "greasy, grimy, gopher guts" "mutilated monkey meat," etc. and finding that one has forgotten his spoon!

I might have to start a new thread on this one. Suffice it to say, I will positively NOT be first in line for the coronavirus vaccine when it comes out. I'll fight getting the jab every bit as much as I would fight being forced to eat pork.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Seems the pharmaceuticals may not be in a as much a hurry as one would think..
https://www.barrons.com/articles/coronavirus-the-latest-problem-big-pharma-wont-solve-51581078600

Re: Coronavirus - potential impacts [Re: Charity] #191798
02/11/20 12:44 PM
02/11/20 12:44 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Interesting. Here's a chance to make money and they aren't going for it.
Is that because they know vaccines do not prevent disease and this would be a case where it'd become apparent while flu vaccine results are not so apparent so they go for that.

No vaccines have ever prevented disease.

But that is a very bold statement because vaccines have not been tested to prevent disease. So how could one know. They've only tested to see if they kill too many people too quickly.

Re: Coronavirus - potential impacts [Re: Charity] #191859
02/18/20 06:48 AM
02/18/20 06:48 AM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Here is some enlightening info from Del Bigtree, concerning the Coronavirus and the coming mandatory vaccination program!

https://youtu.be/PZIKikFD4q8

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!